PDA

View Full Version : Dance Events not to miss in 2007- Year Planner

mick s
16th-October-2006, 11:18 AM
I am sure there are loads more than this, but may assist.
(If I have got anything wrong then tough).

Dance events not to miss in 2007- Year Planner
Event no Year Month Date Location Name Organisation
1 2007 Jan 12th to 15th Bognor JiveHoliday
2 2007 Feb 2nd to 5th SouthportJive addiction
3 2007 Feb 16th to 19th Norfolk Swish Ceroc
4 2007 March 2nd to 4th Camber Storm Ceroc
5 2007 March 16,17 BlackpoolComp Chance 2dance
6 2007 Apr 20,22 April PrestatynChill Ceroc
7 2007 Apr 27th to 30th Camber JiveHoliday
8 2007 Apr 30th Hammersmith Champs Ceroc
9 2007 May 11th to 14th Ayr Blaze Ceroc
10 2007 Jun 1st to 4th Southport Jive addiction
11 2007 Sep 14th to 17th Southport Jive addiction
12 2007 Nov 2nd to 4th Blackpool Splash Ceroc
13 2007 Nov 17th to 20th Scarborough Jive addiction

TiggsTours
16th-October-2006, 02:33 PM
Funny what makes people's "not to miss" lists, none of those would feature on mine, but there are plenty of others that would!

Beowulf
16th-October-2006, 02:52 PM
where's the option for "less than 3"?

I might possibly attend Ayr in May but that's about it.

straycat
16th-October-2006, 03:46 PM
Funny what makes people's "not to miss" lists, none of those would feature on mine, but there are plenty of others that would!

:yeah:

So far, we're on for 2x Rock Bottoms, a salsa weekender, and (of course) Herrang. The Spring Swing Fling will almost certainly find its way into the mix, as will Sultans of Swing. Others... well - there'll likely be others, but they won't be from that list...

Lynn
16th-October-2006, 05:09 PM
So far, we're on for 2x Rock Bottoms, a salsa weekender, and (of course) Herrang. The Spring Swing Fling will almost certainly find its way into the mix, as will Sultans of Swing. Others... well - there'll likely be others, but they won't be from that list... The list seems to be the 'big' (500+) MJ weekenders and competitions. If you start including smaller weekend MJ events and 'big' freestyles things get busier and if you include non MJ events like salsa, swing and tango (to name a few) and start including events outside the UK (as you have done) then where do you stop?

Dynamo
16th-October-2006, 05:17 PM
The list .... do you stop?

May I paraphrase you Lynn :wink:

and the answer for me is Dynamo, so guess I will never stop :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

seriously, they have finally beaten me, will only do probablly 8 and counting. :D

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 06:02 PM
The list seems to be the 'big' (500+) MJ weekenders and competitions. If you start including smaller weekend MJ events and 'big' freestyles things get busier and if you include non MJ events like salsa, swing and tango (to name a few) and start including events outside the UK (as you have done) then where do you stop?

I think the smaller, more regional events (albeit with visitors coming from further afield) shouldn't be on the list. And we definitely shouldn't list anything that happens in London! :rolleyes:

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 07:17 PM
2 2007 Feb 2nd to 5th Southport Jive addiction

Well, these are the ones I know I'll be going to so far..... Although not all that enthusiastic about the Camber one, so might ditch that one.... Not sure.

And of course there's the BFG, the Scottish Ceroc Champs, the Beach Ballroom weekends plus other more local events (like Kirrimuir).......

Ah, all this dancing, not enough time.... :rolleyes:

straycat
16th-October-2006, 07:33 PM
The list seems to be the 'big' (500+) MJ weekenders and competitions. If you start including smaller weekend MJ events and 'big' freestyles things get busier and if you include non MJ events like salsa, swing and tango (to name a few) and start including events outside the UK (as you have done) then where do you stop?

I'm not suggesting any of these events should be on the list (even Herrang, which dwarfs anything on the list is non-UK and non-MJ :wink: ). I'm just saying what we're doing, because it seemed relevant in the context of the thread, and because we're not doing anything on the list. :cool:

Mostlysane
16th-October-2006, 07:36 PM
Just as an aside. Does anyone know when the Scottish champs are scheduled for next year? Just so i can put them in my diary.

David Bailey
16th-October-2006, 08:10 PM
Boy, we so need a central "What's on" listing...

Lynn
16th-October-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, these are the ones I know I'll be going to so far..... Snap, me too!

Although not all that enthusiastic about the Camber one, so might ditch that one.... Not sure. I enjoyed it last year, so looking forward to (plus got a cheap ticket).

Even all those might stretch my limit for next year. (I was able to do extra this year thanks to getting budget tickets to a couple of Ceroc events.)

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 08:29 PM
Just as an aside. Does anyone know when the Scottish champs are scheduled for next year? Just so i can put them in my diary.

8th September....

Mostlysane
16th-October-2006, 11:48 PM
8th September....

Thanks mate. Done. :nice:

Mostlysane
16th-October-2006, 11:50 PM
Boy, we so need a central "What's on" listing...

Isn't that Lynda's List or the UK-Jive website. Or are you thinking of something that goes a bit further ahead?

Gordon J Pownall
17th-October-2006, 01:28 AM

...and of course

BritRocK 2007... 12 - 13 October 2006....

G...x:cheers:

David Bailey
17th-October-2006, 08:02 AM
Isn't that Lynda's List or the UK-Jive website. Or are you thinking of something that goes a bit further ahead?
www.lyndaslist.com ( :flower: ) is probably the best Southern resource, but it doesn't cover weekenders (or normal classes for that matter), and doesn't have maps / links etc. So it's great if you know what you're doing, but not so good for beginners.

www.salsajive.co.uk is a Big List, with maps and links, but I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, and it takes a long time to find out "what's on now".

www.ceroc.com only covers ceroc events of course, plus naff navigation again.

So at the moment, I use a combination of all of the above - plus, OK, I admit I read the "Who's going where" threads to at least find out what's on. :blush:

Minnie M
17th-October-2006, 08:08 AM
Lynda's list ( :flower: ) is probably the best Southern resource, but it doesn't cover weekenders (or normal classes for that matter), and doesn't have maps / links etc. So it's great if you know what you're doing, but not so good for beginners.

:tears: if only I had more time - that is what I would really like to do :sad:

However, I do have a link to classes and a couple of links to other sites who do cover other areas

I also have built up a list of all weekenders (most are mentioned above) just in case anyone emails me to ask

(thanks for the kind words DJ :hug: )

David Bailey
17th-October-2006, 08:30 AM
:tears: if only I had more time - that is what I would really like to do :sad:
Yours is far and away the easiest to use - 1 click and you see what's on. (4 clicks for ceroc.com, 3 clicks and lots of scrolling for salsajive.co.uk)

Ever thought about reciprocal-links / sponsorship?

Delectable
17th-October-2006, 09:22 AM
You missed out 22-24 June 2007 'Hafen@ Pwllheli - Ceroc.

Minnie M
17th-October-2006, 04:55 PM
........Ever thought about reciprocal-links / sponsorship?

Most sites have a link to mine - the trouble is you have to do it yourself to keep it up to date, that is why most stop doing it after a couple of years. Silly as it may seem, but most orgainisers are too lazy to let you know their dates especially when it is a free service.

I would love to get more Salsa on it, but as I don't do it myself it is difficult to find the info, that is why my list is 75% Modern Jive. When I was running the Winning Post there was a lot more R'n'R but have to seek it out now.

If anyone emails me dates of their favourite or local dances (my email address in on the web site) I will be happy to add to the list.

BTW want to keep it as impartial as possible, so sponsership would be difficult

thanks
:hug:

mick s
17th-October-2006, 06:12 PM
Well for what it's worth I rely heavily on your list to sort me out on a weekend(well you know what I mean). I know this post is not the definitive list of weekenders but as people were asking about dates and I had already looked for my own selfish purposes thought I would share. Also good way of finding out what else is happening.Keep up good work, can you get next month lookahead out earlier even if it indraft or is that asking too much?

Little Monkey
17th-October-2006, 06:48 PM
Snap, me too!
I enjoyed it last year, so looking forward to (plus got a cheap ticket).

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you at all of them! :hug:

You doing BFG and Scottish Champs, too?

Delectable
18th-October-2006, 08:34 AM
You missed out 22-24 June 2007 'Hafen@ Pwllheli - Ceroc.

sorry folks, made a bit of a spelling mistake, should have been 'Hafan' and not 'Hafen':blush:

Lynn
18th-October-2006, 01:35 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you at all of them! :hug:

You doing BFG and Scottish Champs, too?Not sure, I want to get to Scotland at least once (as didn't manage at all this year) - so booked for Blaze. But the rest depends on leave allowance and finances!

Patrick
8th-January-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm only booked for 2 of these so far, Feb Southport and Blackpool, but I'll answer 3+ anyway! :D

Some events I liked in 2006, but not on the list were:

Jive Addiction 'Big Bang' weekend Weston super Mare (April, August)
UK Leroc Champs, Weston super Mare (July)
Ceroc Monster Jive Cocktail, Bisley (August)
Ceroc Breeze weekender, Brean Sands (near WSM.... OK, it's local to me!)

I quite like the 'short weekender' format ala Big Bang and MJC (Fri night and Sat all day - Sunday to recover) A lot cheaper, almost as much fun, and less strenuous!

I'll probably do some of these again in 2007 if they run.

Patrick :flower:

Sheepman
8th-January-2007, 03:43 PM
If you start including smaller weekend MJ events and 'big' freestyles things get busier and if you include non MJ events like salsa, swing and tango (to name a few) and start including events outside the UK (as you have done) then where do you stop? We often have similar arguments when these threads come up, from a personal point of view I'd prefer it if people just added the ones they're interested in that haven't appeared so far. Especially as you can find out who's going from polls for each individual event. Then the thread would be a much more useful source of information.

WCS weekender, April 20th to 22nd at Weston-Super-Mare, Jive Addiction
Aberdeen Beach Ballroom 17th/18th February 2007. 14th/15th July 2007. 17th/18th November 2007
Beach Boogie (Anyone know the dates?)

Greg

SuzyQ
8th-January-2007, 03:59 PM
I have 2 words for you:

BEACH BOOGIE!

Dates are: Friday 17th August to Monday 27th August.

Modern Jivers will be catered for from Friday 17th to Friday 24th.
Lindy Hoppers will be catered for from Monday 20th to Monday 27th.

http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk/FrameBeach.htm

I've only booked for Southport Feb (will be my first proper weekender) and Beach Boogie (YIPEE!)

Like Patrick I'm rather partial to a bit of Monster Jive Cocktail, Swinging the blues and Rebel Yell!

fletch
8th-January-2007, 05:49 PM
I have 2 words for you:

BEACH BOOGIE!

Dates are: Friday 17th August to Monday 27th August.

!

Yeah....................

i'm booked in with the children :clap:

they have been dancing ever since the last one,:clap: its will be interesting watching Joe dance with you Suzy he knocks my head off :rofl:

oooooo! what a nice thought, remember the weather last year :love:

somthing to brighten these dark January nights :flower:

SuzyQ
8th-January-2007, 06:13 PM
Yey!

Really glad you are going again (Fletch)! Am gonna try and be more sociable this time - I think I found the whole experience a little overwhelming this year ... so will look forward to lots of girly chats :)

Wondering if it is worth staying on for the Lindy splurge or not as it is an extra £130 (I think £70 extra for the dancing/entertainment and £40 extra for the chalet) ... currently booked into Splurges 1&2. Would I survive 10 days at camp colditz?

fletch
8th-January-2007, 06:48 PM
with children I can only do 1&2 but I think that will be enough, there should be a few lindy people doing splurge 2 so I think we will get a bit of that anyway :clap:

love the girlie chats :flower:

David Bailey
10th-January-2007, 02:02 PM
It just occurred to me, that if anyone was thinking of doing a Forum Calendar for 2008, putting weekender / big event dates on the calendar would be very useful - I'd buy it, for a start.

Simon r
10th-January-2007, 02:05 PM
...and of course

BritRocK 2007... 12 - 13 October 2006....

G...x:cheers:

Shame this overlaps with a weekender looks like one day at each poor Nicole

TheTramp
10th-January-2007, 04:54 PM
Shame this overlaps with a weekender looks like one day at each poor Nicole

You don't have to do every competition and every weekender Simon! :whistle:

Cruella
10th-January-2007, 05:11 PM
At the moment i'm booked for

But am also considering
5 2007 March 16,17 Blackpool Comp Chance 2dance

:D

Simon r
10th-January-2007, 05:24 PM
But am also considering
5 2007 March 16,17 Blackpool Comp Chance 2dance

with or without a drink:whistle:

Cruella
10th-January-2007, 05:45 PM
with or without a drink:whistle:

I'd be a bit thirsty if I didn't have one. :wink:

(Boy, do you hold a grudge! It was 2 years ago!)

SuzyQ
10th-January-2007, 06:22 PM
It just occurred to me, that if anyone was thinking of doing a Forum Calendar for 2008, putting weekender / big event dates on the calendar would be very useful - I'd buy it, for a start.

:yeah: Me too!!

Minnie M
10th-January-2007, 06:37 PM

what a good idea for me :wink:

If anyone has any dates that are not on here please PM / email - I will compile and have a link to it from my web site.

I am sure others have done this too, but my list will include ALL dance weekenders regardless of dance style - so please let me have any Salsa or Tango weekenders you know of please - I wil colour code it as the list is and will try and be as comprehensive as I can be.

robd
18th-January-2007, 01:44 PM
At the moment i'm booked for

Not sure what kind of maths you're helping the kids with in school these days Cruella but that doesn't look like an allowance of 4 weekenders to me, unless of course brownie points have been earned and cashed in over Christmas :wink:

And how many other weekenders will we see you at 'for one night only' ? :rolleyes:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 01:56 PM
I have just booked Mike Allsopp's weekender at Pwllheli its on the 22nd of June I got a place for £39 :clap:

There are only 20 male and 20 female places at £39 and you have to book on your own, I wonder which lucky person is going to share with me :wink:

The weather should be FAB and its a couple of weeks after SP we will all be ready for another weekender by then. :D

I'm having with drawals, carn't go to Bognor this year:sad:

Russell Saxby
18th-January-2007, 01:57 PM
But am also considering

You will be on your own :na: Champs are the following week 6th May.

and if you want to make a weekend of it, Slinky's is on the 5th May

:flower:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 02:00 PM
You will be on your own :na: Champs are the following week 6th May.

I could do with some usful links to the web sites, :innocent: I havn't booked the champs yet,:really: now I have asked can anyone help :flower:

Russell Saxby
18th-January-2007, 02:08 PM
I could do with some usful links to the web sites, :innocent: I havn't booked the champs yet,:really: now I have asked can anyone help :flower:

well I had a few tech probs and have been unable to update our website for a couple of days. But should be good to go this evening / tomorrow morning

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

or did you mean the champs one? Cos I don't think they have this years details up yet. Though I may be wrong.

David Bailey
18th-January-2007, 02:13 PM
You will be on your own :na: Champs are the following week 6th May
The date on site refers to the 2006 champs (http://www.cerocchamps.com/) - admittedly, it's an easy mistake to make, I did it too :blush:

fletch
18th-January-2007, 02:22 PM

I couldn't find the date (5th May for Slinky's) but I take your word for it :flower: if i'm down and I should be i'll grab that dance,:worthy: you don't get away that easily :wink:

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

or did you mean the champs one? Cos I don't think they have this years details up yet. Though I may be wrong.
I did meen the champs but thanks this helps :hug:

The date on site refers to the 2006 champs (http://www.cerocchamps.com/) - admittedly, it's an easy mistake to make, I did it too :blush:

no joy:( I will need to keep checking :flower:

David Bailey
18th-January-2007, 02:31 PM
no joy:( I will need to keep checking :flower:
It's definitely on the 6th May this year - have a look here:
http://www.modernjive.com/CompetitionListing.htm

fletch
18th-January-2007, 03:26 PM

I don' doubt you, but I still carn't book :confused:

tsh
18th-January-2007, 03:54 PM
16th – 19th March 2007 Warmwell
9th – 12th November 2007 Warmwell

(they've got salsa and line dancing weekends as well)

Astro
24th-January-2007, 07:00 PM

Yesterday I read in a london paper that Hammersmith and Fulham Council has just granted planning permission for the Hammersmith Palais to be DEMOLISHED!

fletch
26th-January-2007, 11:02 AM
I have 2 words for you:

BEACH BOOGIE!

!

Any news on the DVD? any one got theres :confused:

Dorothy
4th-February-2007, 01:27 PM

Also I notice (for the Scottish) there is-
25th February 2007 West Coast Swing workshop with Lindsey and Ross
14th/15th April 2007 Nigel, Amir Giles and Cat & Lee (Edinburgh)

fletch
19th-March-2007, 06:36 PM
Rockbottoms this weekend in Liverpool :clap:

I think there might be a few places left :cheers:

I have room for a small one :whistle: in the car :rolleyes: as long as you only have a ruck sack and you don't mind it on your lap all the way, I need all the space in my people carrier it is a 4 day event :na:

not really,:flower:

I will be leaving from the midland mid morning PM me if you want a lift :hug:

Little Monkey
19th-March-2007, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick s
2 2007 Feb 2nd to 5th Southport Jive addiction

Well, these are the ones I know I'll be going to so far..... Although not all that enthusiastic about the Camber one, so might ditch that one.... Not sure.

And of course there's the BFG, the Scottish Ceroc Champs, the Beach Ballroom weekends plus other more local events (like Kirrimuir).......

And I can also add to that list the WCS weekend and competitions in Weston Supermare in April.....