PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Competition 2003

Scot
12th-May-2003, 08:31 AM
Details for this event can be found at

www.ceroc.info (http://www.cerocnet.co.uk/news.htm)

This year we are running it in aid of Cancer Research UK

Hope to see you all there :)

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
13th-May-2003, 10:13 AM
Sounds like fun- maybe you could open a thread for people looking for competition partners ? Or maybe I will.... :D

Scot
13th-May-2003, 05:30 PM
True lucky dip thats what I like to see

Scot
21st-May-2003, 04:48 PM
Some of the forms for the Comp show £40.00 for the Team Caberet Section it is, as it is on the application form £30.00 not £40.00 sorry about that

Scot
30th-May-2003, 11:55 AM
I have been requested to increase the Team Cabaret time from 5 mins to 6 mins unless anybody has any severe objections and given the paper rules have not yet gone out.

I am inclined to increase it. Anyone mind??

John S
30th-May-2003, 12:41 PM
You mean somebody is so far advanced that they already have a 6-minute cabaret routine?????

Scary!
:what:

Tiggerbabe
1st-June-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Scot
I have been requested to increase the Team Cabaret time from 5 mins to 6 mins unless anybody has any severe objections and given the paper rules have not yet gone out.

I am inclined to increase it. Anyone mind??

Don't think anyone would mind - only thing I would suggest is that if the people concerned then want to take their cabaret to Blackpool or London they would need to shorten it.

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2003, 03:24 PM
No one appears to have booked yet (see here) (http://www.cerocnet.co.uk/ScotComp.htm) is it going to be a last minute rush ?

So how many forum members can we count on being there ? :)

Chicklet
20th-August-2003, 03:32 PM
at least one farmyard animal:D

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
at least one farmyard animal:D

we have foxes, sheep, chicks .... you're far too vague :)

Scot
20th-August-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
No one appears to have booked yet (see here) (http://www.cerocnet.co.uk/ScotComp.htm) is it going to be a last minute rush ?

So how many forum members can we count on being there ? :)

No we have got lots of entries will be sending out the details to those that have applied so far this week.

PS will update the web site as well

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
25th-August-2003, 08:56 PM
Are there lots of people from the South coming up for this? Any of them on the forum :grin: ?

Any nice discounts for forum members Scot? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Scot
25th-August-2003, 09:06 PM
Yes actually over 50% of apps are from down south.

As regards discount its a Chairty event where would be the advantage of that. If I gave a discount there would be less for the charity surely you would not want that

Kind Regards

Scot

PS For those wanting to do intermediate the Category is filling up very fast.

Bill
26th-August-2003, 10:28 AM
Yes actually over 50% of apps are from down south.Well well........................ that shouldn't come as a surprise after the success of last year :D and it'll be great to see so many of our 'southern' forum friends.

What it might also do of course - as has been said already, is shift the focus and the kind of comp it is. However, I'm sure everyone will be there to have fun first and foremost and to raise lots of cash for charity.

Only 7 weeks to go.........................:sick: :what:

Sal
31st-August-2003, 07:24 PM
Is there any sort of a deal for people who want to come and watch the competition but don't want to dance? I am sure they would not take up much room!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-September-2003, 12:00 PM
Here's a controversial topic, possibly.

Personally I think I'm very much an intermediate dancer and with a good bit of practice (need to try that) before a competition would hope to get quite far, but, in smaller less well known competitions like the Scottish one should more of us be entering Advanced or Open catagories simply to fill them up? If we are judging what makes 'Advanced' based on competitions like C2D where you have Claytons and Lilys :) most of us will in no way want to compete at that level; and will always lump for intermediate. Should we judge what makes advanced based on the competition itself ? but then how can we tell, it was quiet last year but what if Lily enters ? :)

The mismatch of ability has a lot to do with the greater number of better quality dancers in the much more populated areas down south, who travel between many venues many times a week to further their ability, not so easy up here, especially for the followers i think as they have to rely on fantastic male dancers and how many of those can you name that are purely Scottish based ? So does quality breed quality? and do we have less ? (ooh I've come over all Gus-like).

but...is it purely a numbers game and the lack of dancers in total generally means a lack of advanced dancers...i.e. is the ratio the same for the dance numbers ? is 1 in 40 male dancers a 'Clayton*' no matter where you are ? :)

discuss :)

* purely for example, i just think Clayton is a cool name ;) and Lily...well it's Lily isnt it :)

Gadget
1st-September-2003, 01:00 PM
My view of the "Advanced" category of competitions is that the organisers should be able to 'bump' people who entered into the 'intermediate' category, up into advanced.

With regard to the quality/quantity of good dancers up here, I think that quality acts like pond ripples: One good dancer will inspire and provide a target for those arround them to aim for - if the density is greater, then more dancers will be inspired.
We do have quite a lot of quality dancers, and with the recent showcases, workshops and visiting dancers of exceptional quality, the ripples are beginning to spread.
I think that the level of competition this year (from the Scottish contingent) will be higher than previous years, and only set to get better.

Bill
1st-September-2003, 05:20 PM
is the ratio the same for the dance numbers ? is 1 in 40 male dancers a 'Clayton*' no matter where you are ? :)

* purely for example, i just think Clayton is a cool name ;) and Lily...well it's Lily isnt it :)

But Clayton is a very good example............and I think the ratio is far higher than 1:40. I can't think of anyone in Scotland who is anywhere near Clayton in terms of ability and style.

As for the comp.................I don't think Lily will compete although I believe she was asked. And interesting point about dancers being 'bumped' up a category. It is very difficult to judge sometimes where you are in relation to levels. You might be very good but if you haven't competed before should you go into the Intermediate anyway?

If one of a couple is potential Advanced but dances with a relative beginner should they go 'down' to her level or 'up' to his ???? And what if a couple enters a few Advanced comps but never do well.............should they drop down to Intermediate ?

As Gadget says, there are quite a lot of very good dancers up here now - and undoubtedly far more women than men. It should be a great competition and I hope great fun. :cheers:

Graham W
1st-September-2003, 05:51 PM
I thought that I heard Nigel say at Beach Boogie that Lily & David were off to compete in aus in a couple of weeks which might affect the above...

G

Will
1st-September-2003, 05:53 PM
They'll be back before the Scotland Comp.

TheTramp
1st-September-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Bill
But Clayton is a very good example............and I think the ratio is far higher than 1:40. I can't think of anyone in Scotland who is anywhere near Clayton in terms of ability and style.

As for the comp.................I don't think Lily will compete although I believe she was asked. And interesting point about dancers being 'bumped' up a category. It is very difficult to judge sometimes where you are in relation to levels. You might be very good but if you haven't competed before should you go into the Intermediate anyway?

If one of a couple is potential Advanced but dances with a relative beginner should they go 'down' to her level or 'up' to his ???? And what if a couple enters a few Advanced comps but never do well.............should they drop down to Intermediate ?

As Gadget says, there are quite a lot of very good dancers up here now - and undoubtedly far more women than men. It should be a great competition and I hope great fun. :cheers: Gee thanks. Clayton and Janine only beat Debs and I by 1 point in our heat of the Jive Masters. Which isn't bad, considering they've been dancing together for longer than I've been dancing - and Deb and I only had 3 practises, which was the only time we'd danced together in about a year. So maybe I'm not that far behind him.....

Anyhow.... Viktor has not competed before (well, apart from in the double trouble) as far as I'm aware. Should he go into the intermediate (ok, I know that this is an extreme example, but drawing the line is always difficult). You should always compete where you think you are. And if you're not sure - ask someone who could give you an idea - your teacher, or someone who's competed at a lot of events maybe.

Moving on again; the rule is that you always have to compete at the higher level of the two people. So, Clayton (since his name has come up a lot in this thread already), dancing with someone who's only ever done 1 class, and has 2 left feet, would still have to enter the advanced. And ditto Janine entering with a beginner male dancer.

As for the other, if a couple are advanced, then they should be in the advanced. Just because they don't do well is not a good reason for dropping down. There can only ever be 3 couples placed - and often they are the same people. Does that mean that every other couple should drop down? But, it is also horses for courses. Not being in any way derogatory, but the advanced at Scotland (or Bristol or other places) isn't even close to the advanced at Blackpool, or the Open/advanced at London ceroc. I don't see why a couple who compete in the advanced at a smaller competition, can't go back to the intermediate at one of the bigger ones.

Steve

LilyB
1st-September-2003, 07:30 PM
............. but what if Lily enters ? :)

I won't be entering - honest! David & I can only afford to come up to Scotland twice this year and we have already booked our flights for the November dance in Aberdeen - Yay! :nice: So won't be able to make the Scottish comp as well, I'm afraid. :tears:

LilyB

PS - Thanks for the kind words, DS :hug: And Graham W - wot, you were at BB & didn't ask me for a dance? :sad:

Bill
1st-September-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Gee thanks. Clayton and Janine only beat Debs and I by 1 point in our heat of the Jive Masters. Which isn't bad, considering they've been dancing together for longer than I've been dancing - and Deb and I only had 3 practises, which was the only time we'd danced together in about a year. So maybe I'm not that far behind him.....

or maybe Deb isn't that far behind Janine ???? :wink:

Not being in any way derogatory, but the advanced at Scotland (or Bristol or other places) isn't even close to the advanced at Blackpool, or the Open/advanced at London ceroc. I don't see why a couple who compete in the advanced at a smaller competition, can't go back to the intermediate at one of the bigger ones.

Agreed that the Scottish comp isn't in the same league as the 'big ones' but that won't stop some folk coming along to win a category so they can add it to their CV. And I agree that maybe some couples could move up to Advanced as DS suggests for this one but perhaps go back to Intermediate for the others.

It'll certainly be an interesting final at the Jive Masters and it's a great opportunity for couples to have fun and play to the crowd as opposed to the judges ( and yes, I know the crowd are the judges but you know what I mean !!).

Tiggerbabe
1st-September-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
we have already booked our flights for the November dance in Aberdeen

:D :D Great news!

So Michael, I'd get your ticket booked now for definite..............

and David, if a girl asks for a dance 2 and a bit months in advance can she maybe have more than one? :wink:

Lily, I'd love a dance with you too - I'll lead, well I'll try to :sorry
oh! and Good Luck in Oz :hug:

Will - did I hear a rumour that you're coming up to the Scottish Comp?

Will
1st-September-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

Will - did I hear a rumour that you're coming up to the Scottish Comp?

If you did I'm afraid that the rumour is incorrect. I am doing a showcase the night before in Oxford, so it ain't logistically possible this time.

However, if you heard the rumour about next year then the rumour could well be correct. :wink:

Tiggerbabe
1st-September-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Will
If you did I'm afraid that the rumour is incorrect:tears: :tears: :tears:
However, if you heard the rumour about next year then the rumour could well be correct. :wink: Hurrah! :D :D :D

Will
2nd-September-2003, 12:33 AM
Sheena,

You say all the right things! :hug:

Bill
2nd-September-2003, 09:22 AM
Gee thanks. Clayton and Janine only beat Debs and I by 1 point in our heat of the Jive Masters. Which isn't bad, considering they've been dancing together for longer than I've been dancing - and Deb and I only had 3 practises, which was the only time we'd danced together in about a year. So maybe I'm not that far behind him.....

Steve Sorry if this seemed to be a bit of an insult Steve. You have enough positive comments from women on the threads here to know you are a good dancer and you've done very well in competitions. Indeed I thought you did very well in the Open in London.

However, Clayton - with Janine - has won quite a number of national titles and I just happen to like his style. He may not be as versatile as Nigel ( although I haven't seen him do any other kind of dance) but then I think almost every dancer has a particular style which is more or less fixed.

You have a definite style and use your strength to do a lot of dips and drops; I have a style which I find very difficult to change - although I have tried and am better at slow dances and pretty dire at fast and even Viktor has a particular style. And of course some people - other dancers or judges prefer one style over another. That doesn't mean they are a better dancer but that the viewer prefers one over the other. If they didn't wouldn't competitions be impossible to judge?????

Vive la difference I say :D :cheers:

Lounge Lizard
3rd-September-2003, 08:06 AM
Scot please can you clarify the rules for the advanced section.
I think the 'competition rules' state 'not open for teachers or professional's' whereas the application form states 'it is open to anyone who wants to compete'

Looks like I can only enter the 'open' catagory or Lucky dip
peter

TheTramp
3rd-September-2003, 04:35 PM
Having talked to Scot, the advanced competition is open to anyone who isn't a professionally trained teacher.

Hence, anyone who hasn't been through the Ceroc, Blitz, LeRoc or any other training course in order to teach Modern Jive.

Steve

Paul F
3rd-September-2003, 04:47 PM
No one appears to have booked yet (see here) (http://www.cerocnet.co.uk/ScotComp.htm) is it going to be a last minute rush ?Can someone confirm the dates. The website says 2002 with a 'warm up' event being held in 2003 :what: :grin:

Gus
3rd-September-2003, 05:38 PM
Having talked to Scot, the advanced competition is open to anyone who isn't a professionally trained teacher.

Hence, anyone who hasn't been through the Ceroc, Blitz, LeRoc or any other training course in order to teach Modern Jive. I would have thought that ettiquette and self-respect would lead to anyone who teaches entering the Open.:waycool:

Is a teacher was sooooo desperate to win something that he entered the Advanced category at Scotland I think the amount of ridicule that would be heaped on them after the event would mitigate any benefit achieved.

Going back to a point raised by DS ... he, his partner, the likes of Brady, Sheena et al should ALL consider entering Advanced .. beacuse thats the level they are at ... great dancers and they should recognise that. As was said by a great many people last year, it would bne a sha,me if the Ceroc Scotland event became 'just another' serious competition, rather than a great fun event where people really enjoyed themselves.

Come on guys (and gals), leave the Intermediate section to those who are still finding their feet, lets have a good battle in the Advanced, and let those who are really serious and make money out of teaching show what they're like in the Open.

Fair Comment?

TheTramp
3rd-September-2003, 06:01 PM
Actually Gus, the Open category specifically says that it's being run alongside the Intermediate and Advanced, rather than as something higher than the Advanced, and that anyone entering either the Intermediate or Advanced is eligible to enter the Open.

As for anyone who is a teacher entering the Advanced. What difference does being a teacher make anyhow?? I know teachers who really aren't great dancers (but maybe are great teachers). I know teachers who aren't either. I also know people who are great dancers, who aren't teachers. I also know people who have been dancing for far longer than a number of teachers I know, and have maybe done far more workshops and classes.

How about people who've taught previously, but no longer teach. How about people who've taught classes, but aren't usual teachers. What about people who are in the process of being put forward to be a teacher. What about people who've been put forward to be a teacher, but have been turned down for whatever reason (age, looks etc.)?

What's the difference between a teacher, and anyone else anyhow??

Steve

Lounge Lizard
3rd-September-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I would have thought that ettiquette and self-respect would lead to anyone who teaches entering the Open.:waycool:

Is a teacher was sooooo desperate to win something that he entered the Advanced category at Scotland I think the amount of ridicule that would be heaped on them after the event would mitigate any benefit achieved.

Just wanted to clarify, and I am defiantly not desperate to win.

I have not had any formal training as I originally started teaching moves that I had invented, so there was no teaching course available, but I wont be in the advanced.

Main reason for entering is that at Blackpool the Scottish crowd were amazing, at Ceroc I was lucky enough to get Sheena in the lucky dip, what an awesome dancer!
Now Beach Boogie where in splurge 1 (and I am reliably informed in splurge 2) some of the best dancers were the Scottish, so impressed was I that I want to fly up to your own competition.

Gus
3rd-September-2003, 06:37 PM

As for anyone who is a teacher entering the Advanced. What difference does being a teacher make anyhow?? I know teachers who really aren't great dancers (but maybe are great teachers). I know teachers who aren't either. I also know people who are great dancers, who aren't teachers.

Ahhh ... a familiar topic that has been argued long and hard on this forum ... and I've even managed to put forward both sides of the argument myslef.

Without repeating all that has been said before ... one example ... Jive Masters ... would I be correct in saying that for the vast majority of the finalists, at least one of the partners can be regarded as a teacher?

Sorry ... aside from any technical argument, I would take it back to a question of ettiquette and dancers should go with the spirit of the competition .. regardless of how good they are or whther they are a teacher of any sort.

Now ... if someone wants to define ettiquette ......

Franck
3rd-September-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Now ... if someone wants to define ettiquette ...... ... or even spell it :wink: :D

Franck.

Gus
3rd-September-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Franck
... or even spell it :wink: :D

Franck.

There's a fair cop ...... be kind ... I'm trying get a bl**dy boring set of minutes finished AND have an intellectual discussion at the same time! Can't you build in a spellchecker? I keep on hitting F7 out of reflex and nout happens.

Lounge Lizard
3rd-September-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Gus
There's a fair cop ...... be kind ... I'm trying get a bl**dy boring set of minutes finished AND have an intellectual discussion at the same time! Can't you build in a spellchecker? I keep on hitting F7 out of reflex and nout happens.

Ahh! I copy mine to word, spell check then paste back - but YES please to a spell checker.

Jayne
3rd-September-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Ahh! I copy mine to word, spell check then paste back - but YES please to a spell checker.
I do that for words I know I can't spell. Any other mistakes are either typos or ignorance...

Plus a spell checker would keep Heather happy! :wink:

J :hug:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-September-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Jayne

Plus a spell checker would keep Heather happy! :wink:

Ah! But Heather is happy :grin: Franck already employed her as the spell checker :wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Can someone confirm the dates. The website says 2002 with a 'warm up' event being held in 2003 :what: :grin: The warm up party is on Friday 17th October 2003 - that's soon!!!!!!!! :wink:
The competition itself is on Saturday 18th October 2003............so does your interest mean you're thinking of making the trip?...........You're doing very well Paul - first Manchester and now you're thinking about Musselburgh...........careful, Lorna will have you dancing in Aberdeen before you know what's happened :D :wink: :rofl:

Emma
4th-September-2003, 09:27 AM
You're doing very well Paul - first Manchester and now you're thinking about Musselburgh...........careful, Lorna will have you dancing in Aberdeen before you know what's happened :D :wink: :rofl: Yeah..careful Paul - it's a honeytrap! They lure you up there, flatter you with lovely dancers - and before you know it you're checking your diary every month or so to see if you can make it again!! :grin:

Paul F
4th-September-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Yeah..careful Paul - it's a honeytrap! They lure you up there, flatter you with lovely dancers - and before you know it you're checking your diary every month or so to see if you can make it again!! :grin:

I wouldnt mind that one bit :nice:
As i will be in Manchester it is 'only' a 210 mile drive. I say only as i have been known to drive increadible distances for a class!!...but thats another thread.

Plus , it would also give me a chance to visit my sister in East Fife. I have been promising for so long to go and see her. :nice:

It sounds like you guys north of the border really do enjoy your dancing. Im definately going to try and get up there.

I will have to find someone to go with me though as i dont now anyone , well, u know what i mean.

Paul F
4th-September-2003, 02:27 PM
On the notion of not knowing people - because I have not been dancing that long I have been a bit shy to talk to the 'good' people down here. I know that sounds bad but when you start and see all these great dancers , they are intimidating.

Its only recently (after going 5 times a week to classes) that i have become slightly more confident in my dancing that i have started to post on this forum for example, and talk to everyone at venues!

And now im moving away :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
It sounds like you guys north of the border really do enjoy your dancing.

a common misconception - we hate it. Its a struggle to turn up sometimes but we're masochists. (in fact if you look at Frans avatar....but thats another thing altogether ;) )

I will have to find someone to go with me though as i dont now anyone , well, u know what i mean.

Hey, you know me - albeit briefly :) just let us all know when you're visiting :)

Paul F
4th-September-2003, 02:29 PM

Hey, you know me - albeit briefly :) just let us all know when you're visiting :)

Thats really nice of you DS. Thank-you.

Chicklet
4th-September-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Emma
- it's a honeytrap! !! :grin:
Ems you know all the best words!!!
Haven't heard that in AAGEEESS, but what a thing to say!!!:innocent:

Bill
4th-September-2003, 04:44 PM
ah...........the old chestnut is raised again ( I know you can't raise a chestnut but bare with me folks! :rolleyes: ).

There must have been hundreds of comments last year about who could/should/would enter for the Advanced up here because there did seem to be genuine confusion over what the rules said.

I really hope the comp is going to be real fun agaian and that the charity makes a great deal of money..............that's the main purpose of the day after all.

It's a very difficult problem because as Steve points out - what if someone did teach a few years ago but doesn't now. Could they enter the Advanced ? That is similar argument to saying could someone who competed in Advanced but not danced much for a few years then go back down to the Intermediate.

Although I also agree that some teachers are not the best dancers most have gone through some form of training or are regarded as being good enough to teach. It becomes so difficult ( Steve's list indicates this) that perhaps the easiest thing to do is simply to say that anyone who has been paid to teach classes or workshops should have to enter the Open.

This happened in London and I think worked really well as we saw the best dancers in the Open and some good dancers who might have been in the Intemediate move up to the Advanced. And given that the Comps in London and Blackpool are bigger and attract the best dancers isn't there an argument for saying that anyone who dances at Open level there should have to dance in the Open here???

As Gus says anyone who dances at Intermediate level but should clearly be in Advanced and anyone in Advanced who should be in the Open could risk being ridiculed as this could be seen as a rather desperate effort to win rather than simply entering to have fun. :sad:

As with last year this won't be an issue for most competitors and I really hope we don't have the same level of debate as last year which did tend to take some of the gloss off of the whole event. However, that was partly due to genuine confusion over what the rules said.

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 05:02 PM
Is it me being dense??

I said it already, and everyone since seems to have ignored it. But according to the form, the Open is not being put as being rated 'above' the advanced.

The form puts it almost as a separate category, running alongside the Intermediate and Advanced, where you can add aeriels into your freestyle dancing.

Therefore, the Advanced freestyle is touted as the highest 'ranked' competition.

Steve

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 05:12 PM
Have to say btw. That I think a lot is being made about all of this. Until there is clearly defined rules - which I'm not sure that there will ever be - then there will never be a definitive answer.

Which means that all of the negative comments are already making it all much less fun for me (and for others that I know about). And have already made it less than I think it was intended to be.....

Steve

Bill
5th-September-2003, 10:49 AM
It would be a shame if all the same arguments/discussion from last year were now brought to the fore because it is meant to a real fun event.

The Open catergory here is not the same as the one in London and will be different from the Advanced - which as Steve said is emant to be the 'highest' level.

Personally I think the rules should be absolutely clear so that the 'best' ( how defined ???) dancers compete on an equal footing ( as it were) in an Open category as they did in London and the others can fight it out for the Advanced and the Intermediate. In my view that means anyone who teaches - or has taught should move up to an Open category. And just in case that is misconstrued, I'm not getting at any particular dancer(s). I think I said exactly that this time last year before we knew who was competing.

Even taking into account all Steve's comments - especially about teachers not necessarily being the best dancers - I still think that if someone is reckoned to be good enough to teach - and is paid to do so then they should not compete with ' non- professionals'.

The only reason I went to London this year was to watch the Open event and there was some superb dancing. This then made the Advanced much more open with several couples having the chance to win.

I just hope everyone who competes does so in the same spirit as last year - just as Elliot did.........and I assume he and his lovely partner will be back to challenge for the Advanced title.

Just want to wish everyone who is going to compete all the very best............................and hope lots of money is raised.

Scot
5th-September-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys

Can we bring this to an end its a fun charity event The rules state:

"Dance Teachers/Professionals are not allowed to enter this section."

As regards people that fall in to this category there has to be an element of self judgement. (and ulitmately the Judgement by others).

When you get into people that have taught in the past or may have been paid in the past for dancing then this is a very grey area. Arguably Taxi Dancers teach.... and are paid indirectly with free nights workshops etc and we are hardly going to rule them out are we....

As this is such a grey area the above rule stands. Lets just enjoy

Gus
5th-September-2003, 01:34 PM

As this is such a grey area the above rule stands. Lets just enjoy

Hear Hear:grin:

Daft question ... can judges then open the Open category:wink:

Bill
5th-September-2003, 04:00 PM
Ok............................... but as a final word from me :rolleyes: I would say that whatever the competition the rules shouldn't have grey areas and perhaps Ceroc centrally, or the Scottish organisers ( you and whoever else Scot) should make sure there isn't any ambiguity.

And as far as self judgement goes...................does someone not know if they are a teacher or not ??????? On a stage; teaching; being paid :what:

Anyway...............my last comment on the issue.

Now we can look forward to a great event. Better make sure I have several Red Bulls available to keep the legs going till the end.

Better check the wardrobe...........don't think I have a thing to wear :innocent: :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2003, 05:45 PM

Better check the wardrobe...........don't think I have a thing to wear :innocent: :cheers:

What do you fancy Bill - I have one or two outfits that might suit you :wink:

Fran
5th-September-2003, 09:50 PM
What do you fancy Bill - I have one or two outfits that might suit you :wink:

dont encourage him!!!:wink: :what: :what:

franx

Twinkle Toes
6th-September-2003, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

Then don't wear anything then Bill :drool: :yum: :devil:

TT x :hug:

Bill
6th-September-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

Then don't wear anything then Bill :drool: :yum: :devil:

TT x :hug:

:D :blush: ............ wouldn't want to scare everybody.........or put them off their dancing. Hey, maybe that's a way to get to a final :na:

Maybe have a chat with Sheena first......... now those strokable trousers....mmmmmmmm:wink:

Fran
6th-September-2003, 11:10 PM
:D :blush: ............ wouldn't want to scare everybody.........or put them off their dancing. Hey, maybe that's a way to get to a final :na:

:rofl:

well just dont think I am going to follow suit! :what: :what:

fran:hug:

Dance Demon
7th-September-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Fran
:rofl:

well just dont think I am going to follow suit! :what: :what:

Would that be Birthday suit then Fran:wink: :D

Fran
7th-September-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Would that be Birthday suit then Fran:wink: :D

Tee Hee DD - well I guess Bill and I would then get the booby prize!!!

mind you, competition dancing is not our strong point so we may get that anyway:nice: :what: but we had better keep the clothes on - some things should be not be public :devil:

skippy
9th-September-2003, 07:39 PM
confused about this years event. Can anyone tell me about the timings for the day. I'm a virgin at this competition game. it's all very exciting.
I am concerned though about the amount of talk about intemediates and advanced dancers. Surely it's for a good cause at the end of the day and raising money for charity.
Skippy:confused:

Fran
10th-September-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by skippy

I am concerned though about the amount of talk about intemediates and advanced dancers. Surely it's for a good cause at the end of the day and raising money for charity.
Skippy:confused: well said!

thats exactly what its about. this competition is not the same as the other national competitions. Although a young competition, its main ethos is about having fun and raising money for charity. although it unfortunatley may change in time, this competition was not supposed to have the same edge to gaining titles as other competitions.

I hope you come up and have a good time. :cheers:

fran:grin: