PDA

View Full Version : Bescot Stadium 14th oct

Katie Kicks Ass
15th-October-2006, 11:43 AM
Who went down to J11 last night to find out it was cancelled so went to Bescot.

I think we very succesfully gatecrashed their 60's, 70's, 80's night, and did some good promotion while we were there.

Mike Allsopp
16th-October-2006, 06:21 PM
Who went down to J11 last night to find out it was cancelled so went to Bescot.

I think we very succesfully gatecrashed their 60's, 70's, 80's night, and did some good promotion while we were there.

How naff was that, we had the call at 5pm saying the venue had been double-booked with a 50th birthday party - doh!!!

With that sort of notice all we could do was stand outside the venue for 2.5hrs apologising and directing everyone to the Saddlers Club - felt like I was outside Breeze handing out the water again (only it wasn't peeing down this time!)

Does it count as gatecrashing if we arranged it for you... yes, we did take over the dance floor but the management and band really were pleased to see us, especially when I took the Snail (aircon unit) in!!

Sorry if I've scuppered your youthful feelings of teenage revolt!

As for the promo - yep, turned out to be a blessing in disguise!

Thanks xx

Katie Kicks Ass
17th-October-2006, 02:42 PM
I thort you weren't my friend mike?
Anyway at least i feel wanted now :blush:

Mike Allsopp
17th-October-2006, 02:52 PM
Of course you are dear - who else is as cheeky as you!!!

fletch
17th-October-2006, 03:03 PM
- who else is as cheeky as you!!!

mmmmmm I don't know who could be as cheeky as Kate :rolleyes:

:wink:

Katie Kicks Ass
18th-October-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm nice (when I want to be) :tears:

fletch
18th-October-2006, 09:55 AM
?????????

:confused:

Katie whats this about ?

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 11:32 AM
?????????

Katie whats this about ?

I've put a detailed post above Fletch

Delectable
18th-October-2006, 12:23 PM
I myself went to the Bescot party and had a really good time, would like to say I was very impressed and well done to Mike Allsopp for arranging an alternative event at such sort notice, couldn't have been easy, everyone who went had a fantastic time.

Again, well done Mike and thanks for looking after us all.:clap:

fletch
18th-October-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm nice (when I want to be) :tears:

?????????

Katie whats this about ?

I've put a detailed post above Fletch

Ho! I see :blush: I thought she was on about something / someone else :flower:

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 02:11 PM
Ho! I see :blush: I thought she was on about something / someone else :flower:

I played her mother and herself up a bit at Brean, was a bit naughty - they were after my blood for the rest of the night....all good fun!

You haven't asked if my Brean acquired serious hand injury has recovered - standing there in pain, handing out water in the rain when I should have been in casualty!! But if you don't care :(

fletch
18th-October-2006, 02:32 PM
I played her mother and herself up a bit at Brean, was a bit naughty - they were after my blood for the rest of the night....all good fun!

You haven't asked if my Brean acquired serious hand injury has recovered - standing there in pain, handing out water in the rain when I should have been in casualty!! But if you don't care :(

Now Mike you know I care :wink: thats my problem :flower:

You and Mike Ellard did a FAB job with the water it is really appreciated. :respect:

I heard you were playing them up, you need to keep you eye on you know who,:sick: you in are in a very difficult position I understand :sad: I had a word, and was told 'I know Mike Allsop has already told me to cut it out' :mad:

OXO'S text me from hospital he isn't very well :hug:

anyway what you doing on the forum so much you getting addicted :na:

:flower:

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard you were playing them up, you need to keep you eye on you know who,:sick: you in are in a very difficult position I understand :sad: I had a word, and was told 'I know Mike Allsop has already told me to cut it out' :mad:

.[/QUOTE]

PM me on that one please Fletch

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 04:16 PM
I was replying to Patrick on a PM and the sirens went re the Bescot thread

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 04:19 PM
OXO'S text me from hospital he isn't very well :hug:

He seemed to think it was routine and that he'd be up and about. I know he's wangled 5 weeks from work but he only wanted to skip the DJ-ing for a week or two. I'll call him a little later.

Thanks for letting me know.

fletch
18th-October-2006, 04:47 PM
He seemed to think it was routine and that he'd be up and about. I know he's wangled 5 weeks from work but he only wanted to skip the DJ-ing for a week or two. I'll call him a little later.

Thanks for letting me know.

I was probably the reaction to the anaesthetic,:sad: it can make you a bit sad & sorry for yourself :tears:

He will be fine in 24 hrs and its out of his system :hug:

Mike Allsopp
18th-October-2006, 04:57 PM
I was probably the reaction to the anaesthetic,:sad: it can make you a bit sad & sorry for yourself :tears:

He will be fine in 24 hrs and its out of his system :hug:

He seemed in quite a bit of pain on monday, I'm not sure he hasn't had to have it done before?

Keep me posted just in case you hear before I do......I'm off now before you acuse me of being addicted again :whistle: