PDA

View Full Version : Brit Rock 2006 - So how did it go?

Patrick
14th-October-2006, 11:13 PM
Hard to believe I actually stayed at home in the end, after all the effort of preparation! ... :confused: :what: :sick:
Well, I was seriously drowning my sorrows on Fri night till 6am, so I wasn't up to anything today in the end.

However, I am now itching to know how it all went for everybody.

* Ickle Chick'n, I hope you loved it.

* Marty_Baby & Lyndsey, Advancing nicely I bet. Sharon, Becki?

* Mikeyr, did u make it? Enough airsteps?

* Did anyone do Double Trouble?

* How were the Showcases?

* DWAS? (If u must...) :wink:

* Hotspot challenge?

* Who are the champs?

* How was it for you?

Tell, tell, tell! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Patrick :cheers: :flower:

Lynn
14th-October-2006, 11:17 PM
Going on my limited experience (of one event) they'll still be dancing, or eating. (Never seems to be enough time to eat during the day itself.)

But when anyone gets back - results please!

Was the new DWAS method in operation? How did it work?

Patrick
14th-October-2006, 11:26 PM
Going on my limited experience (of one event) they'll still be dancing, or eating. (Never seems to be enough time to eat during the day itself.)

But when anyone gets back - results please!

Yes I'll bet.

But after the Scottish champs, I got to my hotel about 1am, logged onto the forum via the hotel TV/Internet, and the posts were coming in already!

Mostlysane
15th-October-2006, 08:28 AM
How was Britrock? great day. Fantastic atmosphere as always. Hev Mate and her team did themselves proud.

The comp seemed to be a lot busier than last year. More people entering, more people watching. With the floor no longer like an ice rink it was great place to dance.

One of the highlights? There was a wedding booked for 4:30 in the room below. The groom turned up and was upset to hear a herd of elephants tromping on ceiling (ok, jivers dancing in the room above) so Hev Mate asked us all to be very quiet for 30 minutes while the ceremony took place. The newly married couple then came upstairs to say thanks to a standing ovation from all of us. Finished off by them having a dance with more applause all round. :)

Did anyone do Double Trouble?
Yes 5 maybe 6 teams. A team of 3 ladies won - don't know their names, sorry but very impressive. Roger Chin, Roger and an unknown lady came second.

The Heaven and Hell team won the team showcase event (I think that was the Scottish team), Amir's Jango team came second.

DWAS
Simon R and his partner won DWAS

Open
Simon R and Cutey won the Open, i can't remember the second place but David and Anita were third.

Showcase
Simon R and Cutey again :respect: With Amir and Cat's Jango showcase second.

I can't remember the rest. Someone else will fill in the details.

Next years Britrock is 12-13th of October. Hev Mate was saying they've already had some entries.

Mostlysane
15th-October-2006, 08:31 AM
Was the new DWAS method in operation? How did it work?

They swapped the DWAS partners once just before the semi finals, basically lined the partners up and moved the ladies round. They did the same at Britrock last year, the only difference, i think last year was they did the move before the final. It seemed to work well. Didn't see or hear any obvious complaints.

Mostlysane
15th-October-2006, 09:23 AM
OK - i've had a second cup of tea.

Phil Webb and Vicky were second in the Open

Heather
15th-October-2006, 09:54 AM
How was Britrock? great day. Fantastic atmosphere as always. Hev Mate and her team did themselves proud.

Yes 5 maybe 6 teams. A team of 3 ladies won - don't know their names, sorry but very impressive.

The Heaven and Hell team won the team showcase event (I think that was the Scottish team), Amir's Jango team came second.

Congratulations to Lindsay + the Scottish team !!:clap: :respect: :clap:

The Double Trouble team - were they Scottish ladies - if so possibly Lindsay + her girls again ?

Well done to everyone!

:hug:
Heather

Patrick
15th-October-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the report Mostlysane, and well done Hev and crew. I'm wishing I came now! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Finished off by them having a dance with more applause all round. :)
What an incredible memory for their wedding day! :D :waycool: More :tears: :tears: :tears:

Yes 5 maybe 6 teams. A team of 3 ladies won - don't know their names, sorry but very impressive. Roger Chin, Roger and an unknown lady came second.
I'm glad Roger Chin & co did well, they were my faves at WSM :respect: :respect:

I hope there's a video of all this....:eek: :eek: :sick:

Open
Simon R and Cutey won the Open, i can't remember the second place but David and Anita were third.

Showcase
Simon R and Cutey again :respect: With Amir and Cat's Jango showcase second.
Well done Simon, and everyone else. You are all stars just to enter (and actually to do it!) :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

DWAS
Simon R and his partner won DWAS
With apologies to DWAS fans (sorry, I've tried, but afraid I can't resist), that result was a bit of a surprise then? :wink: Congratulations to Simon's Lucky Partner, I hope it made your day.

I can't remember the rest. Someone else will fill in the details.
Please do! And Photos!! And videos!!!

Next years Britrock is 12-13th of October. Hev Mate was saying they've already had some entries.
Ahhh, well there's always next year... :rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WELL DONE EVERYBODY!!!
Patrick :cheers:

Mostlysane
15th-October-2006, 10:48 AM
Congratulations to Lindsay + the Scottish team !!:clap: :respect: :clap:

The Double Trouble team - were they Scottish ladies - if so possibly Lindsay + her girls again ?

Well done to everyone!

Heather

I don't know if they were Scottish. It was the only all lady Doubles team so if they were taking part then yes it was them.

Sparkles
15th-October-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes, it was indeed Lindsay's team that won the double trouble :worthy:, Roger, Roger and Cathy came second and gentleman dancing with a guy and a girl as followers came third (they were very good but I can't remember their names :( ).

Simonr's partner in DWAS was Donna.
Phil and his parner came second (I believe)

Dave and his wife from St Neot's won the seniors :respect: - they were FAB, and lovely people too. John and Hazel Lusby were second, Peaches and parter were third.

The winners of the intermediates were dressed as Superman and Supergirl, but I don't know their names...

Ickle Chicken and partner won the 'hotspot' event for Exeter :clap:
and Marty_Baby & Lyndsey came second. I believe M_B & L also came second in the advanced, and the lady Phil danced with in the DWAS and her partner won that category (I wish I knew more people's names)

It was a great day all round (I arrived at about 5:30pm, and so missed some of the showcases and the team cabarets which was a shame). The competition seemed to be very well organised, and even though the wedding downstairs put the timing out for a while Hev, Gordy and crew managed to get te time back over the course of the afternoon.
Well done to everyone who competed and helped with the organising, I'm really glad I made the trip down! :waycool:

philsmove
15th-October-2006, 11:30 AM
and the lady Phil danced with in the DWAS and her partner won that category (I wish I knew more people's names)

:
Sharon and Chris from BRISTOL

Patrick
15th-October-2006, 11:47 AM
Ickle Chicken and partner won the 'hotspot' event for Exeter :clap:
Ickle, we didn't quite manage that DWAS at Exeter on Thursday, but you looked fab dancing with Ant. Excellent! :respect: :respect:

and Marty_Baby & Lyndsey came second. I believe M_B & L also came second in the advanced, and the lady Phil danced with in the DWAS and her partner won that category (I wish I knew more people's names)
Go Martin and Lyndsey! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: I am soooo relieved you are not in Intermediates any more!

So Chris and Sharon won the Advanced?! More :respect: :respect: :worthy: :worthy:

Lyndsey and Sharon, I've only had a few dances with you, but you are both a pure delight to dance with, and very nice people too. :flower: :flower:

Looks like the South West contingent put in a very good showing! :clap: :clap::clap:

Anita
15th-October-2006, 12:39 PM
Simonr's partner in DWAS was Donna.

Forum Queen :flower: Well done :hug:

The winners of the intermediates were dressed as Superman and Supergirl, but I don't know their names...

His name is Matt and he won the DWAS at Hammersmith with Little Miss Jiver.

The floor was very much better than the last time, a few patches were still a bit slippery, esp at the front, but I'm thankful that the organisers made a real effort to solve the problem.

It was a great comp, and I thought that the wedding, and problem with the team cabaret music were dealt with really well.

Lindsay
15th-October-2006, 05:15 PM
Fabulous event, well done Hev, Sarah, Andy, The JB, & rest of crew!
Very slick organisation, what a fabulous day :flower:
Scotland didn't do too bad overall, delighted with results! Thanks team & DT girlies! Congrats John & Hazel- v entertaining spotlight & they came 2nd in seniors. Fiona (Dundee) came 3rd with a guy (don't know name) in Seniors. V. high standard of dancing, esp the open/advanced/spotlight winners. Amir & Cat's Jango spotlight was so tight & professional :worthy:
DJ Bunny-great job!

Well done to all :-)
Hev, like a p*n*s, only smaller.

Lory
15th-October-2006, 05:15 PM
Forum Queen :flower:
Donna = Forum Queen? :really: Has anyone told Tiggerbabe :confused: :whistle:

WittyBird
15th-October-2006, 05:19 PM
Donna = Forum Queen? :really: Has anyone told Tiggerbabe :confused: :whistle:

Yeah it got me confused so I assumed it was a 'private' joke and she was really talking about a bloke in drag.

ducasi
15th-October-2006, 05:57 PM
Scotland didn't do too bad overall, delighted with results! Congratulation to Lindsay and her team for their success both as a team, and in all the other competitions they took part in. :clap:

Gordon J Pownall
15th-October-2006, 06:14 PM
Sally and I had great fun.

Whilst Sal picks the comp tunes and we ponder over them for days (well months actually), it is the dancers who bring them alive so we hope we kept you happy, challenged and entertained...!

It was lovely to have some great...sorry GREAT...dances...especially an incredibly sexy Rhumba with a certain sparkly person....:awe:

Thanks for making our day great to everyone who competed, danced or just cheered friends on...

See you all next year...???

Gordon and Sally...xxx:cheers: :clap: :hug:

Happy B
15th-October-2006, 09:27 PM
* Marty_Baby & Lyndsey, Advancing nicely I bet. Sharon, Becki?

Patrick :cheers: :flower:

I didnt have a partner, so no comp for me.

I only did DWAS as a last minute thing, and didnt even get round the first round, :sad: :sad: im not sure who my parnter was, but he was wearing a kilt, and was one of the scottish crowd. We had 2 nice dances, but that was it for us.

Ho Humm, next stop Blackpool!

I had a cool day all the same. Some fab dancers, i still keep meeting new forumites. So thankyou to everyone who i had dances with. ]

And a massive congrats, to all the Bristol crowd who did us proud. Martin, Lindsay, Sharon and Chris!

B

:grin: :grin: :grin:

SteveB
15th-October-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi all, I would just like to thank my DWAS partner for being fabulous in coming 3rd with me! Her name is Cathy! Thank you! Only Simon R and Phil in front of us with their partners, so we didn't do too bad eh? :wink:

Many thanks to Lindsay for being a fantastic partner and getting through the Open first round, semi final, then the final! Hugs mate!

Well done the Scottish Team cabaret - fab, well done to John and Hazel, Fiona and partner in the seniors. and the double trouble team of Linz, Wendy and Jill! Well done John and Hazel in the spotlight too!

Wasn't Amir + partners spotlight superb?! The most precise dancing i have seen for some time, very sharp.

Cheers to Tony for the Guiness! :cheers:

Well done to the organisers too, great event!

SteveB

Lindsay
15th-October-2006, 10:16 PM
Many thanks to Lindsay for being a fantastic partner and getting through the Open first round, semi final, then the final! Hugs mate! SteveB

Likewise, loved dancin' with ya! xx :hug:

SteveB
15th-October-2006, 10:34 PM
Likewise, loved dancin' with ya! xx :hug:

My pleasure, it was brill! :love: When's Blackpool?! Hehe

The Scots really are the best fun, i will miss you all very, very, very much when i leave soon. Not looking forward to the goodbyes at all. Will miss you all greatly...

At least we are all flying the Scottish flag with pride. And, as an Englishman i am very proud to be a part of your team. Thank you very much.

The best thing about these independent events is that it embraces all forms / companies of Jive and creates a very friendly atmosphere, whether it be small Jive companies throughout the UK that don't get the attention they so rightly deserve and also Leroc, Blitz and Ceroc.

Fabulous event...

Well done to all of the winners.

Bill
15th-October-2006, 11:36 PM

The Scots really are the best fun, i will miss you all very, very, very much when i leave soon. Not looking forward to the goodbyes at all. Will miss you all greatly...

and you will be very sorely missed when you go Steve - but a huge bonus to all hte girls back home !!!!! :grin:

As for the day - wonderful :clap: Congrats to Simon and Nicole - an exhausting day for you both ( and I didn't get a dance Nicole :sad: ). Thanks to L for putting the team together and for yet another L Brown title !:worthy:

A while since I danced in my kilt so apologies to any of the women I danced with if my sporran got in the way :what: but hope to make it down again soon :D

Well done to all the organisers and to everyone who made it such a great weekend. :cheers:

SteveB
16th-October-2006, 10:49 AM
and you will be very sorely missed when you go Steve - but a huge bonus to all hte girls back home !!!!! :grin:

Thanks Bill and believe me, i will miss the ladies up here very much indeed...i will miss you all.

Well done in the team cabaret my friend.

SteveB

Donna
16th-October-2006, 01:20 PM
Well I really enjoyed this weekend.

Well done to Martin and Lyndsey on coming second in their first advanced competition! (what did I tell yooooouuuuu!!!!! :clap: :clap: :hug: )

Well done to Sharon and Chris on winning first place. Luuuurved the pink dress sharon! :nice:

Simon - thanks for the dances. You were a pleasure to dance with in DWAS - and it's true what they say, you ARE a brilliant lead! :clap: (Yeah, I'm just a bad follower! :rofl: I must stop anticipating!!!!) Well done to you and Nicole on coming first twice! :hug:

Rebecca - aka - Feeling Pink - thanks for the chat. You worked so hard - your feet must be killing you! Have you got a link for any of the pics you took by the way? Catch up soon. :hug:

I have to post this on the forum - but the most hilarious thing happened to me whilst walking over the road with Martin and Lyndsey in my two piece black outfit. (note - the top was like a black bra) Just as we got near the main entrance to the venue, there was this old man (in his 90's I guess) on a zimmer frame. He had this little smile on his face but as soon as I came towards him, he stared at me wide eyed, and that little smile slowly dropped off his face - he didn't move off that spot for at least 2 minutes!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well, me and martin were keeled over in stitches, I had to redo my eyeliner for crying!!!! :rofl: Then Martin suggested that if he didn't move off the spot in the next 5 minutes, to call an ambulance!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :blush: poor man! :grin:

Very well done to Hev and Sarah for a great day! :clap: I'm definately up for it next year! :yeah:

Minnie M
16th-October-2006, 01:43 PM
aka SteveB
Thank you :worthy: for the dance on Friday (know who you are now) - look forward to another :yeah: :hug:

Congrats to all wish I could have been there to see it :cheers: :clap:

- and a very special to Simon & the beautiful Nicole - and well deserved :respect: :worthy:

Hevmate
16th-October-2006, 03:45 PM
Humbled... by all this praise we are.
I have just called Sarah and told her to have a read, she is as thrilled as myself and all Rock Bottoms crew that you are happy and enjoyed it. I wanted to thank you all for making it easy for us, you were a great crowd, and soo understanding over the wedding, that turned out nice didnt it, she looked amazing , poor thing knew nothing of her new husbands stress. We plan to send them a DVD, that'll be something to show the ole Grandkids eh!

Well done to Gordon for seamlesly re-working the timetable not throwing his teddy at us for wrecking it and for scraping back the time. Awsome job.

Many people came a long long way and I'd like it known that is is enormously appreciated. It also gives me a chance to dance with the best of Scotland and the likes of Bill (phwarr)

All excited about next year now, we hope to see you all again. The date is Oct 12th -13th.
The photo's will be on www.britrockphotos.co.uk from Wednesday ... cant wait :nice:
If anyonme is short of a few quid I suggest you ask Simon, he's loaded!!!

Cruella
16th-October-2006, 03:57 PM
He had this little smile on his face but as soon as I came towards him, he stared at me wide eyed, and that little smile slowly dropped off his face - he didn't move off that spot for at least 2 minutes!!!!! :
I've heard you have that effect on some people Donna! :na:

Anita
16th-October-2006, 09:09 PM
Some photos already on the website.

Achaeco
16th-October-2006, 09:44 PM

At least we are all flying the Scottish flag with pride. And, as an Englishman i am very proud to be a part of your team. Thank you very much.

The best thing about these independent events is that it embraces all forms / companies of Jive and creates a very friendly atmosphere, whether it be small Jive companies throughout the UK that don't get the attention they so rightly deserve and also Leroc, Blitz and Ceroc.

Fabulous event...

Well done to all of the winners.

Hi in response to your question when is Blackpool? It is 16,17 March 2007 at Blackpool Tower :clap: Check out the website http://www.achance2dance.co.uk
Hope to see you there.

Feelingpink
16th-October-2006, 09:46 PM
Some photos already on the website.They are indeed all on the website (http://www.britrockphotos.co.uk) ... now it's time for bed :eek:

Minnie M
16th-October-2006, 10:22 PM
They are indeed all on the website (http://www.britrockphotos.co.uk) ... now it's time for bed :eek:

:respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect:
:yeah:Fantastic photos :yeah:

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 08:16 AM
I didnt have a partner, so no comp for me.

I only did DWAS as a last minute thing, and didnt even get round the first round, :sad: :sad: im not sure who my parnter was, but he was wearing a kilt, and was one of the scottish crowd. We had 2 nice dances, but that was it for us.

Ho Humm, next stop Blackpool!

I had a cool day all the same. Some fab dancers, i still keep meeting new forumites. So thankyou to everyone who i had dances with. ]

And a massive congrats, to all the Bristol crowd who did us proud. Martin, Lindsay, Sharon and Chris!

B

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Hiya B!

Sorry you didn't find a partner, I thought you were sorted... Me neither. Crap isn't it! :sad: but u have to :D

Your man-in-a-kilt was presumably Ceroc Jock or McJester, not sure who actually went.

I am really chuffed the Bristol crowd did so well. I knew when I saw Martin and Sharon at the first round of Best in the West (back in Feb?) that they were top people already. I had the honour of being soundly thrashed by you, Martin, Lyndsey, Sharon and Chris in my first competition in July.

:respect: :respect: :respect: to all of you.

Patrick. :flower:

ducasi
17th-October-2006, 08:23 AM
Your man-in-a-kilt was presumably Ceroc Jock or McJester, not sure who actually went. Difficult, as both were in Glasgow on Saturday night – maybe there are more than two Scots guys who wear kilts? :really: :wink:

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 08:41 AM
Difficult, as both were in Glasgow on Saturday night – maybe there are more than two Scots guys who wear kilts? :really: :wink:

Those who do are mostly at weddings or in the vicinity of Edinburgh castle in my experience! A few in that shopping street in that other Scottish town... Glass something??

OK then, give us a clue... :grin:

Heather
17th-October-2006, 01:03 PM
From what I can see from a quick glance at the photos there are quite a few Scottish guys wearing kilts - most of whom were in Lindsays Heaven and Hell cabaret. I recocnised a few Edinburgh guys notably Bill Foreman on the Friday pictures. ( Oh I DO LOVE to see men in kilts:yum: )

Heather

Donna
17th-October-2006, 02:11 PM
( Oh I DO LOVE to see men in kilts:yum: )

Hang on a sec heather! :what: You see, I'm not sure a lot of women would agree with you on that one - esp those who were dancing with ceroc jock at Simon & Nicoles dips and drops workshop at Ceroc Breeze! There was one where the lady was led behind the guy, he offers both hands between his legs and pulls her through! :eek: Poor things! :sick: :rofl: Just kiddin CJ. :wink: :snigger: :rofl:

fletch
17th-October-2006, 02:14 PM
Hang on a sec heather! :what: You see, I'm not sure a lot of women would agree with you on that one - esp those who were dancing with ceroc jock at Simon & Nicoles dips and drops workshop at Ceroc Breeze! There was one where the lady was led behind the guy, he offers both hands between his legs and pulls her through! :eek: Poor things! :sick: :rofl: Just kiddin CJ. :wink: :snigger: :rofl:

That a joke ? :confused:

Just give me the chance to get my hands under CJ kilt :wink: :innocent:

:rofl:

pmjd
17th-October-2006, 02:15 PM
All the men in kilts were from Edinburgh (I forgot to take mine:blush:)they were Bill Foreman (in full evening dress), Gary (killingtime on forum), John (guy in whilte kilt) and Peter.

Had a great time at the event, Hev did a fantastic job as compere:respect:

Thank you very much to Lindsay for doing a great job choreographing the Heaven and Hell routine and letting me be a part of it:clap: :clap: and a big thank you to wee Lynsey for asking me to partner her in the team and also to be her partner for the intermediate on Saturday

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 02:25 PM
From what I can see from a quick glance at the photos there are quite a few Scottish guys wearing kilts - most of whom were in Lindsays Heaven and Hell cabaret. I recocnised a few Edinburgh guys notably Bill Foreman on the Friday pictures. ( Oh I DO LOVE to see men in kilts:yum: )
Heather
Hmm... I didn't realise there was a whole cabaret full of Ceroc Jocks! I should have come after all! :angry:

So is it true then, you know, what they say about Scots men in kilts?... :innocent: Perhaps you should mention this in the 'How Much' thread about dancing UCP. Actually, I always wanted to wear a kilt, had the chance at my wedding (it being a largely Scottish affair), but didn't :sad:

Thanks for the lovely dance at Breeze Donna :yum: (The dance that is! :what: ) I think Taz posted some photos of us somewhere! :blush:

Patrick :flower:

Donna
17th-October-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the lovely dance at Breeze Donna :yum: (The dance that is! :what: ) I think Taz posted some photos of us somewhere! :blush:

Thank you for the dance too! :nice: Where's these pics then? Taz?

Some really good pics from britroc there Rebecca! Well done. :clap:

(I've ordered a few already!)

SteveB
17th-October-2006, 02:32 PM
Thank you :worthy: for the dance on Friday (know who you are now) - look forward to another :yeah: :hug:

Congrats to all wish I could have been there to see it :cheers: :clap:

- and a very special to Simon & the beautiful Nicole - and well deserved :respect: :worthy:

Why thank you, my pleasure MinnieM. I'm moving down south soon so i should be at more events in the future in England :clap:

SteveB

Patrick
17th-October-2006, 03:53 PM
Thank you for the dance too! :nice: Where's these pics then? Taz?

Some really good pics from britroc there Rebecca! Well done. :clap:

(I've ordered a few already!)

You are welcome!

Taz's Breeze Pics are round about here: http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9898&page=2
Post #37 I think. It was a bit crowded for photos. (I do smile sometimes... honest!)

Donna
17th-October-2006, 04:15 PM
You are welcome!

Taz's Breeze Pics are round about here: http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9898&page=2
Post #37 I think. It was a bit crowded for photos. (I do smile sometimes... honest!)

ah - how did I miss that one? ok thanks for that Patrick. :cheers:

Simon r
17th-October-2006, 06:36 PM
The full results

BRITROCK 2006 UK Open Modern Jive Winners

We promised you a bigger & better BritRock this year, and you got it!

We were very impressed with everybody who took part. However, In every competition there have to be winners. The BRITROCK Team would like to congratulate the following people:

Hot Spot Modern Jive Venue Challenge

Winners
photo soon

Antony Gardner & Lara Pollock
representing
Exeter Jive

2nd Ceroc Bristol represented by Martin & Lindsay
3rd Just Jivin’ (Essex) represented by Wendy Hill & Jason Barnes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dance With A Stranger

1st 2nd
3rd
photo soon photo soon
Simon Rich & Donna Lloyd Phil Webb & Sharon Li Steven Burgess & Kathy Prior

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intermediate Freestyle

1st 2nd 3rd
photo soon photo soon photo soon
Mathew Hudson & Stephanie Tozer Jamie Wilson & Kathleen Lo Kevin Bartlett & Connie Pizzutto

Advanced Freestyle

1st 2nd 3rd
Chris Burch & Sharon Li Martin Yau & Lyndsey Chivers Richard Hill & Wendy Hill

Open Freestyle
1st 2nd 3rd
Simon Rich & Nicole Beckey Phil Webb & Vicky McFarland David Mclaughlin & Anita Stone

Double Trouble
1st 2nd 3rd
Lindsay Brown, Gill Jackson & Wendy Davitt Roger Chin, Roger & Cath Ron Warner, Pauline Smith & Roger Fredericks

Team Cabaret
1st 2nd
photo soon photo soon
Heaven and Hell, lead by Lindsay Brown Jango Demo Team, lead by Amir Giles

Showcase
1st 2nd
photo soon photo soon
Simon Rich & Nicole Beckey Amir Giles & Catriona Wiles

Seniors Freestyle
1st 2nd 3rd
Dave Sampson & Audry Sampson John Lusby & Hazel Lusby Geoff Conrey & Fiona

Hopefully there are no typing errors. If you spot any, can you let Jon Brett know straight away.

SteveB
17th-October-2006, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Simon r;293740]The full results

We promised you a bigger & better BritRock this year, and you got it!

We were very impressed with everybody who took part. However, In every competition there have to be winners. The BRITROCK Team would like to congratulate the following people:

Hot Spot Modern Jive Venue Challenge

Winners
photo soon

Antony Gardner & Lara Pollock
representing
Exeter Jive

2nd Ceroc Bristol represented by Martin & Lindsay
3rd Just Jivin’ (Essex) represented by Wendy Hill & Jason Barnes

Dance With A Stranger

1st 2nd
3rd
photo soon photo soon
Simon Rich & Donna Lloyd Phil Webb & Sharon Li Steven Burgess & Kathy Prior

Could someone thank Kathy Prior for me please? For the pleasure of the fab dances in DWAS in coming third with me...didn't get the chance to speak much after it!

Thank you

SteveB

Jester
18th-October-2006, 11:29 AM
From what I can see from a quick glance at the photos...

Help! Where exactly are the photos please? Are people looking at the official ones on http://www.everybodysmile.biz/rebeccalouisephotographics/events.html? If so I've seen those, but but a forum member told me there were photos from Britrock 06 on the forum?

I've looked for threads and search the Photo Gallery but nothing! Am I on a wild goose chase?

Thank you! :)

Anita
18th-October-2006, 06:29 PM
Could someone thank Kathy Prior for me please? For the pleasure of the fab dances in DWAS in coming third with me...didn't get the chance to speak much after it!

Thank you

SteveB[/QUOTE]

I may well see her tonight - I shall pass on your thanks if I do :flower:

SteveB
18th-October-2006, 06:35 PM
I may well see her tonight - I shall pass on your thanks if I do :flower:[/QUOTE]

Many many thanks to you...

SteveB

ducasi
18th-October-2006, 07:03 PM
The full results

[...]
The results web page now has photos... Click here (http://www.jivelive.com/britrock/), and then on "2006 winners". :)

Good to see so many familiar faces!

Cruella
18th-October-2006, 08:08 PM
Cat seems to be wearing her invisibility cloak!

SteveB
18th-October-2006, 11:18 PM
Where are the photies of Britrock on the forum please anybody? There are some on here apparently, Ducasi's link shows only the 2005 event?

Thank you

SteveB

Donna
19th-October-2006, 11:21 AM
Where are the photies of Britrock on the forum please anybody? There are some on here apparently, Ducasi's link shows only the 2005 event?

Thank you

SteveB

you will find all the picshere (http://www.everybodysmile.biz/rebeccalouisephotographics/events.html) :nice:

SteveB
19th-October-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks Donna, I thought there were some on the forum as well. Some really good piccies on Rebeccas site.

SteveB :cheers:

Donna
19th-October-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks Donna, I thought there were some on the forum as well. Some really good piccies on Rebeccas site.

SteveB :cheers:

No probs. :nice: They're fab aren't they.

Simon r
19th-October-2006, 12:50 PM
Wow this is quite impresive to see photos in which i don't look like a complete tw#t

Cruella
19th-October-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow this is quite impresive to see photos in which i don't look like a complete tw#t

Bloody hell, must be a really expensive camera! :whistle: :D

Gus
19th-October-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow this is quite impresive to see photos in which i don't look like a complete tw#tJust show's how good FP is ... being a professional photographer does make a big difference .... though she did say that to edit Simon's features into something acceptable did require the processing power of a Cray computer :whistle:

Simon r
19th-October-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks mate

SteveB
19th-October-2006, 01:26 PM
No probs. :nice: They're fab aren't they.

Yes they are, really impressed. There are so many good one's!

I'm moving down south from Scotland at the end of November, i see you are from the North West? Not sure where all of the venues are? Where are the good one's please? Ta!

Cheers Donna.

SteveB

Donna
19th-October-2006, 01:39 PM
Just show's how good FP is ... being a professional photographer does make a big difference .... though she did say that to edit Simon's features into something acceptable did require the processing power of a Cray computer :whistle:

LMAO! :rofl: you're so cruel Gus...:grin: anyway, where have you been?

Simon - you look great in the pics! :hug:

Feelingpink
19th-October-2006, 01:42 PM
LMAO! :rofl: you're so cruel Gus...:grin: anyway, where have you been?

Simon - you look great in the pics! :hug:Hmmm, I think Gus has been doing one of Will's creative writing courses :sick: I just captured what was there. :blush:

Donna
19th-October-2006, 01:55 PM
Hmmm, I think Gus has been doing one of Will's creative writing courses :sick: I just captured what was there. :blush:

:respect: I like that. :rofl:

Simon r
19th-October-2006, 02:32 PM
Hmmm, I think Gus has been doing one of Will's creative writing courses :sick: I just captured what was there. :blush:

I seem to remember at one point you saying let's try that photo again whitout you showing me the chewing gum...

(enter chief muppet)

Feelingpink
19th-October-2006, 02:49 PM
I seem to remember at one point you saying let's try that photo again whitout you showing me the chewing gum...

(enter chief muppet)No, I was celebrating that the third photograph I took of you at the awards didn't involve chewing gum. :what: :cheers:

Will
19th-October-2006, 02:53 PM
You told me that you'd spent several hours using Adobe PhotoShop to remove Simon's stomach overhang and third chin.

:really:

Simon r
19th-October-2006, 02:59 PM
You told me that you'd spent several hours using Adobe PhotoShop to remove Simon's stomach overhang and third chin.

:really:

Your jealous, i know you are secretly trying to pile the weight on just to be like me ....

How long before you move next door

Feelingpink
19th-October-2006, 03:01 PM

:really:Ahhh, the master at work! :grin:

Donna
19th-October-2006, 03:47 PM
Your jealous, i know you are secretly trying to pile the weight on just to be like me ....

:rofl: LMAO :clap: :rofl:

Will
19th-October-2006, 11:58 PM

We're still hoping to move in December. Obviously, the first thing I'll be doing is installing dead locks on our pantry and fridge with such a hungry neighbour :wink: