PDA

View Full Version : Beach Ballroom Week-end: 18th-19th November 2006

jacksondonut
10th-October-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi folks..:flower:

Planning on coming up in November for the Beach Ballroom Weekend in Aberdeen.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hotel booked already and looking forward to seeing you all again..:yeah:

Jan
:hug: :hug:

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi folks..:flower:

Hmmm. Don't you realise that flower smileys are only to be used in times of irony or sarcasm these days? :flower:

Planning on coming up in November for the Beach Ballroom Weekend in Aberdeen.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great news though. Look forward to seeing you. Hope you're staying for the Sunday night too :hug:

jacksondonut
10th-October-2006, 03:14 PM
Hmmm. Don't you realise that flower smileys are only to be used in times of irony or sarcasm these days? :flower:

Great news though. Look forward to seeing you. Hope you're staying for the Sunday night too :hug:

Hiya..:D

I sure am... flights booked too now as well.. only thing is I gotta leave at Dawn on Friday:eek: :eek: and returning home late on the monday, so I can fit everything in...:rofl:

well, I dont do irony or sarcasm.. so just take my flowers as a happy gift..
be nice to see you too..:flower: (!)

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 03:26 PM
be nice to see you too..:flower: (!)

I dunno. Looks like a good example of sarcasm to me! :na: :flower:

Beowulf
10th-October-2006, 03:29 PM
Just Curious but who all is gonna be at the Beach ballroom this weekend??

Freya xXx

WHAT?!! .. *notes date of thread*

Phew.. panic over Actually 11th April .. hmm there's a momentous date (the 36th Anniversary of the Apollo 13 launch for one thing)

I should be at the BB in November too.. so look forward to meeting you

ducasi
10th-October-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey Jan, I'll likely be there – just for the parties though – unless I get lucky...

See you there! :hug:

jacksondonut
10th-October-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey Jan, I'll likely be there – just for the parties though – unless I get lucky...

Well I am well and truly sorted then.."!!! :clap: :clap: Everything booked and even a lift to the airport aswell.. cant do workshops, unless I have a man apparently, so will be buzzing around Aberdeen and seeing the sights too I hope..:clap: :clap: :yeah:

Jan
:hug:

Dazzler
10th-October-2006, 07:39 PM
Well not one to pass up an event.....i guess i will be there also!..all booked and ready to roll.....looking forward to meeting you also jan :flower:

(always nice to meet a forumite :hug: )

Nessiemonster
10th-October-2006, 08:07 PM

Well, if you're wanting to go to some workshops we could hook up?? I can't go without a guy... ;)

ducasi
11th-October-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, if you're wanting to go to some workshops we could hook up?? I can't go without a guy... ;)
Sorry Nessiemonster – don't think I'll be doing the workshops even if I do "get lucky", but maybe there's some other guy reading this who is thinking of going...

Good luck! :flower:

jacksondonut
11th-October-2006, 08:37 AM
Well not one to pass up an event.....i guess i will be there also!..all booked and ready to roll.....looking forward to meeting you also jan :flower:

(always nice to meet a forumite :hug: )

Be a fab weekend I am sure!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

My first weekender since southport so I am ready for a really good time! Shame I couldnt make Breeze.. but I am sure this will make up for it.:clap:

Make sure you say Hello!
:flower: :flower: :flower:

Freya
11th-October-2006, 08:37 AM
Jan It'll be great to see you again! There'll be parties galore!

Dazzler
11th-October-2006, 12:10 PM
My first weekender since southport so I am ready for a really good time! Shame I couldnt make Breeze.. but I am sure this will make up for it.:clap: this will be my first weekender !...cant wait! :grin:

Make sure you say Hello!
:flower: :flower: :flower:

Will try to work hello into my.."would you do the pleasure of giving me this dance" speech :rofl:

Of course i will say hello :wink: :hug:

jacksondonut
11th-October-2006, 02:39 PM
this will be my first weekender !...cant wait! :grin:

Will try to work hello into my.."would you do the pleasure of giving me this dance" speech :rofl:

Of course i will say hello :wink: :hug:

Why, thankyou... :flower: :flower: it will be the first time ever that anyone would have put it so nicely.. !!!:rofl: :rofl:

''wanna dance?'' ... is the usual...:rofl: :rofl:

jacksondonut
12th-October-2006, 03:04 PM
I am going to be in Aberdeen all day on the Friday...:clap: :clap: as my flight is a really, really early one:eek:

Apparently there is dancing in Brechin on the Friday night..... anyone who is down fancy showing me the way/looking after me??....:flower: :flower:

Jan

jacksondonut
16th-October-2006, 03:33 PM
Thank you kind Moderator for putting the correct dates up for this weekend.... :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

:cheers:

Piglet
17th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
It'll be lovely to see you again Jan :hug:

I'm booked onto all the workshops and parties -not sure about the Friday night yet though.

Looking forward to it all :hug:

robd
17th-October-2006, 03:15 PM
Can anyone provide a link to a site with more info/ booking details for the BB weekend?

TIA

Robert

Caro
17th-October-2006, 03:33 PM
Can anyone provide a link to a site with more info/ booking details for the BB weekend?

TIA

Robert

Usually info are posted here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) or you can PM Tiggerbabe to get all the details.
There is sometimes a party on friday night in a hotel, saturday party in the amazing beach ballroom, sunday chill out night in a hotel (my favorite every time :respect: , TB's usually DJing :clap: ).
Then workshops in a hotel, 4 hours on sat (1 hour lunch break) and 4 hours on sunday.

Do you know Stefano and Alexandra, who will teach the workshops? They teach AT in London and they are awesome (dancers and teachers). :drool:
I believe they teach AT to Amir...

I wish I could be there now...

Franck
17th-October-2006, 03:59 PM
Can anyone provide a link to a site with more info/ booking details for the BB weekend?Hi Rob,

It would be great to see you in Aberdeen that week-end!

As Caro pointed out, you can go to the Beach Ballroom Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) to get all the info, but I have copied the main points below:

• Saturday and Sunday PARTIES:
- Saturday 18th November: The best party in the best venue ever with guest DJ Tiggerbabe! Dancing from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am... Fun Class and Tango Cabaret (Stefano & Alexandra) at 9.00pm! Venue: Beach Ballroom, Beach Boulevard - Aberdeen.
- Sunday 19th November: Chill out Latin night - DJ Steve the Tramp. Venue: The Northern Hotel, 1 Great Northern Road. 7.30pm 'til 11.00pm. Smooth & Sultry music to bring the week-end to a sexy finish...

• Saturday and Sunday WORKSHOPS:
All the workshops can be done as single workshops, but you will get the most out of it by doing all of them. Each one covers skills and distinctions that will compound with the others to truely transform your dancing!

SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER . Teacher: Stefano & Alexandra. Venue: The Aberdeen Douglas Hotel, Market St. - AB11 6GN.
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Introducing Tango - A great introduction to Argentinian Tango.
Understand the feel and techniques of Tango and learn the basic steps and patterns to get you started!
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Balance & Weight transfers -
Focusing on weight distribution and balance to achieve impressive tricks: Volcadas, Planeos, foot sandwiches, sweeps and more!

SUNDAY 19th NOVEMBER - Teacher: Stefano & Alexandra. Venue: The Northern Hotel, 1 Great Northern Road.
* 11.30am to 1.30pm: Lead & Follow:
Successfully lead walks, pauses and changes of direction. Making full use of expectant pauses to add musicality and drama to your dancing.
* 2.30am to 4.30pm: Tango Styling!
Add incredible styling to your dancing, focusing on Lapis, points, kicks (ganchos) for both men and ladies.

Bookings via email or over the phone (01324-613 209)
Admission for the Saturday Night party will be by ticket only (as the venue will sell-out). Tickets are £10.00.

Tickets for the Sunday party are £8.00

Each 2 hour workshop costs £20.00 per person

Alternatively, you can choose from 2 package deals:

Bronze package: Any 2 workshops + Saturday party for £45.00
Silver package: Any 2 workshops + both parties for £50.00
Gold package: All workshops + Saturday party for £70.00.
Platinum package: All workshops + both parties for £75.00

Numbers will be limited, so make sure you book as early as possible. You can book by email (hi@cerocscotland.com ) or phone 01324-613 209.

jacksondonut
17th-October-2006, 04:01 PM
:clap: :clap:....thank you Franck, that is really useful :flower: :clap:

Looking forward to seeing you there..

luv Jan

Amir
27th-October-2006, 12:18 AM
I would highly recommend this teaching couple. Stefano & Alexandra are such stylish dancers, so poised and connected, and with great dress sense! They excel at making very simple steps look magic, and taking a very traditional form of tango and making it looks somehow very modern, fresh and contemporary.

I have worked with them and taken classes with them, and would recommend the same to anyone who gets the opportunity.

Have fun!

x

Little Monkey
29th-October-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi Rob,

It would be great to see you in Aberdeen that week-end!

As Caro pointed out, you can go to the Beach Ballroom Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm) to get all the info, but I have copied the main points below:

Oh well....

I was planning to come up to Aberdeen and do these workshops (and possibly stay overnight), but after seeing the prices, I think not. Besides, I don't have a male partner to go with, so probably couldn't get a space on any of the workshops anyway...:(

Hey ho, I shall just go to the Saturday night party, then.

LM

Genie
30th-October-2006, 12:34 AM
I look forward to seeing everybody on Saturday Night :-)

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 12:45 AM
And the Sunday night I hope! :yum:

Lisa
1st-November-2006, 04:08 PM
I would highly recommend this teaching couple. Stefano & Alexandra are such stylish dancers, so poised and connected, and with great dress sense!

I agree with Amir’s comments- Stefano & Alexandra are excellent and inspiring to watch. :worthy: The Beach Ballroom is definitely worth coming to Aberdeen for! Unfortunately I have to miss the BB party itself as it clashes with a friend’s birthday party where I will be dressed as an old prim and proper victorian lady.:eek:
I will definitely go to Sunday party and the workshops though! I need a male dance partner ………………where the praying cartoon?

Anyway, the real reason I’m on here is that Franck gave a HUGE “hint” about Friday social. Franck is not allowed to go to bed until very very late.... it's his birthday.:grin:

Plan A: Go to a ceilidh or organised dancing event in Aberdeen. I haven't heard of anything but will keep an ear to the ground.

Plan B: Cocktails at Slain’s Castle 7pm followed by dinner, a tour of Aberdeen’s finest establishments on and off Union Street, followed by lots of dancing. We can definitely find a few dancefloors to take over. :wink:

Anyway if you are in Aberdeen and interested in joining some of us please PM.

Lisa x

Lory
1st-November-2006, 04:52 PM
I need a male dance partner ………………where the praying cartoon?

I don't imagine it'll take you too long to find one? :waycool: :hug:

Dazzler
1st-November-2006, 05:46 PM
I was trying to get the weekend off of work so that i could come down to my home town for the whole weekend.:whistle: ...but alas...i have clients booked in already!:tears: My job would be great if it wasnt for all those people :devil: :rofl:

So anyways..looks like am headin down on the bus after work on saturday and arrive in plenty of time to get my glad rags on and head down for the saturday party! :grin: :clap: I will of course be hanging around for the sunday workshops and Party night :respect: :clap: This is made all the better by seeing i will get another chance to dance with lisa! :wink:

Cant wait to get down and see everyone! all the aberdeen guys playing host like Freya, Gadget, Beo and the list goes on.....! And then there are the travellers from all over! :respect: Its gonna be sweet!

Tiggerbabe
1st-November-2006, 06:08 PM
it's his birthday.:grin:
That's what he told you :rofl: he's planning on celebrating for a whole week :D

Plan B: Cocktails at Slain’s Castle 7pm followed by dinner, a tour of Aberdeen’s finest establishments on and off Union Street, followed by lots of dancing. We can definitely find a few dancefloors to take over. :wink:

Sounds good to me, Lisa, count me in :cheers:

Franck
1st-November-2006, 06:13 PM
Anyway, the real reason I’m on here is that Franck gave a HUGE “hint” about Friday social. Franck is not allowed to go to bed until very very late.... it's his birthday.:grin: Hey, I'm pretty sure it was you who organised the whole thing, I was just doing as I'm told!

Plan B: Cocktails at Slain’s Castle 7pm followed by dinner, a tour of Aberdeen’s finest establishments on and off Union Street, followed by lots of dancing. We can definitely find a few dancefloors to take over. :wink: Definitely like the sound of Plan B better, due to my advancing years, I wouldn't be able to handle a Ceilidh anyway!

Can't wait for the week-end, and speaking to Stefano and Alexandra, they are really excited and looking forward to coming back to the Beach Ballroom!

jacksondonut
1st-November-2006, 07:08 PM

Sounds good to me, Lisa, count me in :cheers:

YIPPEEEE.... Me too, Me too, Me too....:cheers: :cheers:

Cant Wait...:flower: :flower:

Be Absolutely FAB!!:clap: :clap:

I will be In Aberdeen from Early Friday to Late on the Monday.. gonna make the most of it..!!!

TheTramp
1st-November-2006, 07:29 PM
Anyway if you are in Aberdeen and interested in joining some of us please PM.

Hmmm. I might be tempted!! :D

Lisa
3rd-November-2006, 12:41 PM
Excellent the more the merrier for Friday night.

Definitely like the sound of Plan B better, due to my advancing years, I wouldn't be able to handle a Ceilidh anyway!

SSHHH!!! I'm not that far behind you. Young at heart Franck Young at heart. As it's your birthday week it's your choice. Do you want sophisication or somewhere you can dance on the tables after food? Here are some moves to do on the chairs http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index.html "Stir the pot of love" is your kinda move:wink: just teasing

Looking forward to meeting you Jacksondonut :flower: and dancing with you again Dazzler.

Lory:hug: I managed a rope in a good mate to the tango classes so we'll have a giggle .... I will need to ensure that all the other ladies have guys to dance with first though.

Lisa x

Caro
3rd-November-2006, 01:15 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: It's the FIRST beach ballroom week-end I am going to miss (I have flown from France or the NL before to go to them, but africa, that's just too far!) :tears: :tears: :tears:

Have a fab time everybody, no doubt you will :flower: the programe just gets more and more exciting :clap: :cheers:

jacksondonut
3rd-November-2006, 03:07 PM
Excellent the more the merrier for Friday night.

Looking forward to meeting you Jacksondonut :flower: and dancing with you again Dazzler.

Lisa x

Me too Lisa..!! (Not met Dazzler yet, either...).. .. am hoping to find lots of things to do in Aberdeen on the Friday, seeing as my flight lands really early :eek: Are there any special places to visit..??

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to amuse myself?:flower:

2 Weeks to go... hurrah...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

.....and I will miss you Caro... sorry you cant make it this time.. I will make sure I have lots of dances for you.. :hug: :hug:

Caro
3rd-November-2006, 03:35 PM
.. am hoping to find lots of things to do in Aberdeen on the Friday, seeing as my flight lands really early :eek: Are there any special places to visit..??

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to amuse myself?:flower:

have a look at the maritime museum (near the harbour right next to Vue cinema), plenty of goof stuff there especially an 8 metres high replica of an oil platform... (would have taken you there myself if I had been there...)

Also Old Aberdeen with king's college... very nice, feels like being a few centuries back or in a Harry Potter movie :D When you're there take high street to the north until you reach a park (Seaton park, nice flowers & roses etc). Just before the park there's also the oldest granit cathedral on your right...
that should take you a few hours to see all that !

.. I will make sure I have lots of dances for you.. :hug: :hug:

thanks! :D :flower:

Lisa
3rd-November-2006, 04:12 PM
CARO: Also Old Aberdeen with king's college... very nice, feels like being a few centuries back or in a Harry Potter movie

Hehe when I came to Aberdeen in 1992 the High street was the only street I saw and I thought I like it Aberdeen, it's very like York with cobbled streets etc.... I obviously only managed a snapshot! But yes King's College is a nice place to go. As Caro said go up the high street past The Old Town House, Up the Chanonry up to St Machar Cathedral, there is Seaton Park nearby. If you're at King's let me know. My other Uni office is there I could arrange to meet up with you for lunch for a mini tour of this area.

For shopping head for Union Street- you'll get the Art Gallery, Marschial College (there is a museam in there too). Both are free.

There is also the Beach also (wouldn't hang around in the docks too long if you wonder there).

If you're feeling up for something a little further afield then here's my favourite sun short walk. Get a bus to Stonehaven (30mins away). Have a pub lunch in the lovely harbour. Walk up the hill behind the harbour across the fields- past the war monument and carry walking on the coastline walk up to Dunnotar Castle where Mel Gibson filmed Hamlet.

Hope that helps.

Lisa xx

janey
3rd-November-2006, 04:15 PM

How about starting the birthday celebrations early with a Foundary night in Inverness on the Thursday? :cheers:

Lisa
3rd-November-2006, 04:15 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: It's the FIRST beach ballroom week-end I am going to miss (I have flown from France or the NL before to go to them, but africa, that's just too far!) :tears: :tears: :tears:

Have a fab time everybody, no doubt you will :flower: the programe just gets more and more exciting :clap: :cheers:

Caro- Aberdeen dancers are missing you lots! I've still got you as a maybe for Southport in Feb with us....just to warn you Tall Andy is organising a minibus for 10 of us.

Hope you get back soon,

Lisa xx

Freya
3rd-November-2006, 04:53 PM
Count me in for Francks thing!!!!

I'll be working till 10 so I'll meet you town straight after! Start the party early!

jacksondonut
3rd-November-2006, 05:51 PM
have a look at the maritime museum (near the harbour right next to Vue cinema), plenty of goof stuff there especially an 8 metres high replica of an oil platform... (would have taken you there myself if I had been there...)
Also Old Aberdeen with king's college... very nice, feels like being a few centuries back or in a Harry Potter movie :D When you're there take high street to the north until you reach a park (Seaton park, nice flowers & roses etc). Just before the park there's also the oldest granit cathedral on your right...
that should take you a few hours to see all that !

CARO: Also Old Aberdeen with king's college... very nice, feels like being a few centuries back or in a Harry Potter movie

Hehe when I came to Aberdeen in 1992 the High street was the only street I saw and I thought I like it Aberdeen, it's very like York with cobbled streets etc.... I obviously only managed a snapshot! But yes King's College is a nice place to go. As Caro said go up the high street past The Old Town House, Up the Chanonry up to St Machar Cathedral, there is Seaton Park nearby. If you're at King's let me know. My other Uni office is there I could arrange to meet up with you for lunch for a mini tour of this area.
For shopping head for Union Street- you'll get the Art Gallery, Marschial College (there is a museam in there too). Both are free.
There is also the Beach also (wouldn't hang around in the docks too long if you wonder there).
If you're feeling up for something a little further afield then here's my favourite sun short walk. Get a bus to Stonehaven (30mins away). Have a pub lunch in the lovely harbour. Walk up the hill behind the harbour across the fields- past the war monument and carry walking on the coastline walk up to Dunnotar Castle where Mel Gibson filmed Hamlet.
Hope that helps.

That all sounds really great... :flower: thankyou... I will PM you my number closer to the weekend and try and find you for that lunch..:clap: :flower: and try NOT to get lost...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hopefully the hotel we are all staying in will be close by...cant remember the name...but TB and Franck will be there too... Have no idea how big aberdeen is... :whistle: :wink:

...anyway, wont matter as I dont mind travelling about..:yeah:

Lorna
6th-November-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi,

looking forward to the party on Sat night. May be around for the workshops, depends on how early I get my pass for the weekend.

More importantly, I have just confirmed my booking with The Patio Hotel. So I finally get to join you in your celebrations Franck! :cheers:

If anyone else is interested they seem to have lots of rooms available that night. You need to phone them direct as many of the websites were saying that they were full.

See you all there,

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Beowulf
9th-November-2006, 12:27 AM
JD.. I'll forward you the PM I sent to Trouble re her Aberdeen trip.

Aberdeen isn't very big you won't get lost. There's an old trick someone told me.. if you're in a street in Aberdeen and you're lost follow the house numbers backwards. when you get onto a new street follow those road numbers backwards etc you'll eventually get back to Union St which is the main street where most of the buses etc run through. :wink:

The Passion Harem
9th-November-2006, 01:50 PM
I am booked on the workshops and both parties. Heading to Perth on the Friday night for Dance Fever till 2am...:D

See you all soon,

jacksondonut
9th-November-2006, 02:33 PM
JD.. I'll forward you the PM I sent to Trouble re her Aberdeen trip.

Aberdeen isn't very big you won't get lost. There's an old trick someone told me.. if you're in a street in Aberdeen and you're lost follow the house numbers backwards. when you get onto a new street follow those road numbers backwards etc you'll eventually get back to Union St which is the main street where most of the buses etc run through. :wink:

A big thank you to you all, for the information on Aberdeen. I am really looking forward to my visit:clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a week to go now.. :yeah:

I checked my flight details today...:whistle: :eek: Check in is from 5am :eek: Good job my kind neighbour offered to take me to Luton...hehehe.. Ive now got to break the news to her....:wink:

See you soon:flower:
Jan

jacksondonut
13th-November-2006, 01:18 PM
Four Days to go...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Getting sooooooooo excited... :yeah:

Can those/ ''in the Know'', PM or let me know here what the arrangements are for the Friday evenings entertainment.. :flower:

Jan
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Piglet
13th-November-2006, 05:07 PM
There's an old trick someone told me.. if you're in a street in Aberdeen and you're lost follow the house numbers backwards. when you get onto ... :wink:

Hey I knew about the house numbers but hadn't thought of that little trick.

I was told that the house numbers always start at the end nearest the town house. (Though I believe some newer streets haven't worked this way) - I thought that maybe all towns and cities worked the same way? Anyone know for sure?

littlewiggle
13th-November-2006, 06:31 PM
So is there anything else on then for those of us at a loose end on Saturday but NOT going to Beach Ballroom???

TheTramp
13th-November-2006, 06:32 PM
So is there anything else on then for those of us at a loose end on Saturday but NOT going to Beach Ballroom???

Nope. You'd better come to the beach ballroom! :flower:

littlewiggle
13th-November-2006, 10:04 PM
Nope. You'd better come to the beach ballroom! :flower:

Well not this time around but maybe another time - I've never been to Scotland before....I will venture there one day!

TheTramp
13th-November-2006, 10:07 PM
Well not this time around but maybe another time - I've never been to Scotland before....I will venture there one day!

What's wrong with this weekend? There's nothing else to do! :na:

littlewiggle
13th-November-2006, 10:11 PM

oi bossy boots! :D I'll try and find something that involves less travelling for this weekend....besides my kilt's in the wash!

TheTramp
13th-November-2006, 10:29 PM
oi bossy boots! :D I'll try and find something that involves less travelling for this weekend....besides my kilt's in the wash!

Hey. If CJ and I can decide 1 Friday afternoon to travel down to Doncaster just for a freestyle party that finishes at midnight, surely you can make a decision given 4 days, to come to the best venue in Scotland :na:

Freya
13th-November-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm counting the Days! oh and the hours! Only 117hrs and 54 mins till the saturday party kicks off!

Can't wait to be back in my own bed AND get to dance!!

Oh by the way There will be Pizza at mine before the Saturday night party as usual! PM me for details!

Genie
13th-November-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm counting the Days! oh and the hours! Only 117hrs and 54 mins till the saturday party kicks off!

Can't wait to be back in my own bed AND get to dance!!

Oh by the way There will be Pizza at mine before the Saturday night party as usual! PM me for details!

:rofl: Oh Freya :love:

You wouldn't be looking forward to this by any chance, would you?

ShinyWeeStar
13th-November-2006, 11:25 PM
:rofl: Oh Freya :love:

You wouldn't be looking forward to this by any chance, would you?
Wouldn't you if you were stuck in Elgin? :wink:

Freya
13th-November-2006, 11:40 PM
Exactly Shiny!

But now I have dancing to look forward to on thursday too! :grin:

janey
14th-November-2006, 12:14 AM
But now I have dancing to look forward to on thursday too! :grin:

Does this mean you're making it through to Inverness this week? :hug:

Freya
14th-November-2006, 12:22 AM
Yup!!!! I'm getting driven up by a very lovely friend! ;)

Little Monkey
14th-November-2006, 12:28 AM
Anyone else travelling up to BB on Saturday night, who'd want to car share / drive?

The 'usual suspects' (Yvonne and Gail) are off to the Perth weekender instead of BB this time, so I'm not travelling up with them. Firefly will be in Dundee that weekend, and we've agreed to travel up together. She does drive, but has never been to BB before, and would be happy to either car share with someone else, or have a group of people travelling up with her .:hug:

Any takers? Always nicer to travel up in a group, methinks, 'cus it's a great way of getting to know people a bit better, and have a good chat before and after the dancing!

LM :flower:

Heather
14th-November-2006, 09:22 AM

:confused: That's not true Trampy - there's a weekender on in Perth!!!!
Heather

janey
14th-November-2006, 09:54 AM
Yup!!!! I'm getting driven up by a very lovely friend! ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: See you then!!!!xxxxx:hug:

Beowulf
14th-November-2006, 10:04 AM
I've just realised that the ad for the Beach Ballroom bash states it is Tickets only and not pay at the door like it usually is :sick:

Hmm not got my ticket yet then... :sick: might not be there after all

Franck
14th-November-2006, 10:26 AM
I've just realised that the ad for the Beach Ballroom bash states it is Tickets only and not pay at the door like it usually is :sick:

Hmm not got my ticket yet then... :sick: might not be there after allDue to a change in licensing status, we cannot sell tickets on the night. Tickets are however available from your venue managers at most Scottish venues, and you can pre-book tickets by email ( hi@cerocscotland.com) / phone (01324-613 209). I'm sure you'll manage to get organised! :nice:

TheTramp
14th-November-2006, 11:02 AM
Hmm not got my ticket yet then... :sick: might not be there after all

I'm sure that you'll be able to buy one tonight Beo. When you come to Culter. With cake I believe! :love:

Lisa
14th-November-2006, 01:19 PM
Can those/ ''in the Know'', PM or let me know here what the arrangements are for the Friday evenings entertainment.. :flower:
Jan
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hi!

Behind the scenes we've decided to go for CASINO ROYALE night on Friday 17th. I have just bought 14 tickets for those that have confirmed. Anyone still wanting to join us is welcome. Just pm.

6pm Cocktails & Dinner at Tiger Tiger. Dress code is fun, glam it up as your favourite 007, his arch enemy or his leading lady
8pm James Bond "Casino Royale" movie at the Vue Cinema
10.30pm Aberdeen Pub crawl and Dancing!
2am til late Casino for the hard core

A couple of folk have said do we have to dress up? It's as little or as much as you feel comfortable with. I'll probably put on a dress or go as "M" depending on the time I finish work. A friend has informed me that he is going as Scarmanga. Apparently he's just going to be wearing a third nipple for the evening. :rofl: I don't know the character so it could be a wind up..... did someone say gullible? blush:

Freya, Curtain and a few others are joining us later for Aberdeen pub tour starting in Belmont St area Freya- which pub was it you wanted to start at? Revolution?

Jan - if you're lucky you may get to see Franck in his bond suit :wink:

Genie
14th-November-2006, 01:37 PM
I already have one, but do I need to buy one for the Sunday party as well, or is it ok to pay on the door there like usual?

TheTramp
14th-November-2006, 02:30 PM
I already have one, but do I need to buy one for the Sunday party as well, or is it ok to pay on the door there like usual?

Sunday party is pay on the door. It's only the Beach Ballroom that has the new rules....

Beowulf
14th-November-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm sure you'll manage to get organised! :nice:

Me? organised? hahaha oh that's a good one !! :rofl: :wink:

With cake I believe! :love:

oops! :sick: :blush: I .. ahem.. erm.. forgot !! Was baking cakes all weekend for Monday because of the office's Children in need fund-raising events.

like I said.. Me? Brain? Organised?

I'll bake one when I'm less stressed out.. the lemon cake I made for work had a close escape.. I very nearly iced it with a mixture of Lemon juice and CORNFLOUR damn those ASDA smart price boxes looking so darned alike. :blush: :sick:

needless to say I noticed the error BEFORE I put it on the cake (and repeated the process correctly with icing sugar second time around!) :rofl:

TheTramp
14th-November-2006, 02:38 PM
I assume that means that you're still coming, but just sans cake. As opposed to not coming at all... :whistle:

Beowulf
14th-November-2006, 03:33 PM
I assume that means that you're still coming, but just sans cake. As opposed to not coming at all... :whistle:

Will be there Sans cake.. (although 10 mins to mix the ingredients, up to 60 mins in the oven.. would it have time to cool before Icing and me jetting off to dance I wonder?? :wink: )

If I CAN before I come out tonight I WILL .. but don't bank on it. I was intending to Bake some for the beach ballroom anyway :)

jacksondonut
14th-November-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi!

Behind the scenes we've decided to go for CASINO ROYALE night on Friday 17th. I have just bought 14 tickets for those that have confirmed. Anyone still wanting to join us is welcome. Just pm.

6pm Cocktails & Dinner at Tiger Tiger. Dress code is fun, glam it up as your favourite 007, his arch enemy or his leading lady
8pm James Bond "Casino Royale" movie at the Vue Cinema
10.30pm Aberdeen Pub crawl and Dancing!
2am til late Casino for the hard core

Jan - if you're lucky you may get to see Franck in his bond suit :wink:

All sounds Fabby to me... bet Franck looks dead sexy in his suit...please wear it.....:flower: :clap:

Freya
14th-November-2006, 07:05 PM
Revolution is a good one yup! But I won't be out till bout 11.30 so save it till later? Please! :grin:

Beowulf
15th-November-2006, 09:53 AM
Well I have my ticket for Saturday so I'll be there. Look forward to meeting you all :clap:

PS

sorry about last night Trampy.. I rushed home, MADE the cake but never try cutting or icing a cake when it's still warm, was just too rushed .. I'll make one for Saturday I promise..

(it did of course mean that when I got home last night I had lemon cake for supper :drool:)

TheTramp
15th-November-2006, 10:23 AM
I knew that I should have offered you a lift home last night! :tears:

Freya
15th-November-2006, 07:35 PM
Bring it to mine on Saturday! :grin:

Ok for those of you who don't know!

Genie and Myself organise a little get together prior to the BB Parties!

So:

Saturday night

Mine after the workshops
Bring Drinks and nibbles
Pizza Provided

Sunday

Tim's about 5
Pasta or Soup depending on what Tim's feeling like
Bring Drinks, nibbles and bread

Either get ready and come along or get ready at ours, or even come for food go get changed and meet us again at the parties!

Usually a good laugh , Everyone welcome. For more details such as addresses etc PM me!

Oh and if anyones stuggling to find somewhere to stay we may have some space at either Tims or mine!

Genie
16th-November-2006, 12:59 AM

[...stuff...]

Usually a good laugh , Everyone welcome. For more details such as addresses etc PM me!

Oh and if anyones stuggling to find somewhere to stay we may have some space at either Tims or mine!

:yeah:

And if anyone has any transport problems, PM one of us and we'll see what we can do.

Looking forward to it :wink: See you all there.

Heather
16th-November-2006, 10:40 AM
I knew that I should have offered you a lift home last night! :tears:

Tut Tut!! I thought you were doing so well on your diet too!:whistle:

Heather

jacksondonut
16th-November-2006, 03:16 PM

So:

Saturday night

Mine after the workshops
Bring Drinks and nibbles
Pizza Provided

Sunday

Tim's about 5
Pasta or Soup depending on what Tim's feeling like
Bring Drinks, nibbles and bread

Either get ready and come along or get ready at ours, or even come for food go get changed and meet us again at the parties!

Freya.. that all sounds fabulous...:flower: :hug: :hug: will see you all real soon..:clap: :clap:

Just realised I still have to do my packing.... OMG.... :eek: :eek: ....

*rushes off to find an extremely large suitcase not seen since the summer holidays....!!!* :eek:

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 05:34 PM
Well. I had a great time.

Didn't get to see the workshops, but heard good things about them.

Enjoyed the Beach Ballroom party on the Saturday night. Had some lovely dances to some good music!

The after-dance party was great too. And what happens at those, stays at those, right! :whistle:

Enjoyed both of the pre-dance parties as well. Thanks to Freya and Tim for the invites and hospitality.

And also enjoyed the Sunday night dance. Was just a shame that I had to rush off afterwards without saying goodnight. But I managed to get my assessment finished on time. Just!

Beowulf
20th-November-2006, 05:44 PM
Well. I had a great time.

:yeah: Me too

Enjoyed the Beach Ballroom party on the Saturday night. Had some lovely dances

yes, I wasn't dancing my best mind you.

The after-dance party was great too.

Definitely Higher than Z then Steve

Enjoyed both of the pre-dance parties as well. Thanks to Freya and Tim for the invites and hospitality.

Well i only went to Freya's and yes, it was .. interesting ;)

Genie
20th-November-2006, 06:05 PM
yes, I wasn't dancing my best mind you.

Oh I don't know. You weren't doing too bad when we danced :whistle: :wink:

ducasi
20th-November-2006, 06:11 PM
I had a really great weekend – lovely to see Jan, and everyone else there, many whom I hadn't seen in a while.

The parties and workshops were fun – those we did – and I got back to Glasgow this morning thinking I could do with another weekend to recover.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering when we'll see any of the photos taken on Saturday night... Glad I had my camera with me – but I haven't had a chance yet to look at the photos I took.

Tiggerbabe
20th-November-2006, 06:13 PM
I had a fabulous weekend :D

Stefano and Alexandra are just amazing, the workshops were so inspiring, crikey, I'd even consider going along to an actual Tango class now. The four dances they performed at the Saturday night party were fantastic.

Saturday's party was brill, the decorations in the Beach Ballroom were gorgeous. I'm glad Franck (and the others) enjoyed his birthday cabaret. Lorna's singing is superb :worthy:

Great fun and food at Tiger Tiger on Friday, before and after James Bond.

Sorry I missed Sunday's party :tears:

Nessiemonster
20th-November-2006, 07:11 PM
Had a fabulous weekend. Great to meet new people and catch up with others. And the pool at The Patio - great for a pre-breakfast swim to work up an appetite - Gail and I will be doing that again!

Jacksondonut - thanks for the hospitality on Sunday night - great to meet you, and good crisps! :D

janey
20th-November-2006, 11:28 PM
I only made it to the Sunday night party but had such a fabulous time with some amazing dancers that it more than made up for missing the rest of the weekend :clap:

Thanks to Trampy for the brilliant music, Tim for his food & hospitality, Mcjester for the lifts (and the massage :wink:) and especially to Freya for lending me her flat xxx :D

Beowulf
20th-November-2006, 11:45 PM
Had a fabulous weekend. Great to meet new people and catch up with others.

you were there? you were at the BB and I didn't see you? :tears: :tears:

right.. next party.. t-Shirt with BIIIIIG WRITING

"I'M BEO.. SAY HELLO!"

:tears: :tears: :tears: :wink:

The Passion Harem
21st-November-2006, 01:42 PM
I had a fantastic weekend!

Started off in Perth at Dance Fever, a good night -music by Dance Demon helping me have a few good fun dances till 1am. Then up to Aberdeen on the Saturday for all the workshops, which were THE best. Stefano and Alexandra made them very challenging, achievable and enjoyable. BIG :hug: to Piglet for becoming my fixed partner for the final workshop.
The party Saturday night was good, Stefano and Alexandra's showcase was just…. :yum: :drool: And the show for Franck was fun to watch.
Great music on the Sunday Tramp with a wonderful fun WCS class, that inspired me :rolleyes: . A delightful dreamy tango with Lisa :hug: to Temptation.

Great to see Janet again, I want a room like you had on Sunday night next time…

A great mix of dancing, workshops and people – thank you Franck and Sheena. I am totally knackered and look forward to the next one.

:flower: Doune for driving, crowd control, playful dances on the Sunday and making it yet again another weekend to remember.

And finally,
:flower: Nessiemonster

Franck
21st-November-2006, 03:51 PM
Wow! What a brilliant birthday week-end! :D

Thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes, dances and making the week-end so special.
Starting with the James Bond Night on Friday, men in tuxedos, and girls in glam sexy dresses :yum: great food at Tiger Tiger, plenty Champagne and great company. Casino Royal was great and dancing afterwards just perfect.

Saturday night at the Beach Ballroom didn't disappoint, the November one is always special, and with the extra decorations, the sublime cabarets from Stefano and Alexandra, plus my 'Surprise Cabaret' (how sexy was that! Thanks Lorna, Sheena, Pauline, Alison, Elise, you all looked sexy and gorgeous in your French Maid outfits and I can't wait to read the full lyrics of the 'Hanky Panky' cover version...).
The night was busy and buzzing... hardly got off the floor thanks to excellent music from the Tiggerbabe, and I wish I could have danced more with more of you...

The party after the party lived up to its promises, with Champagne flowing, great laughs and late night chat.

As for the workshops with Stefano and Alexandra, I am amazed at how much they are able to teach all of us every time. Their incredible talent, expertise and ease made a very difficult topic seem possible to everyone, from expert Tango dancers to novices! :respect:
I was able to pick-up and refine many new concepts in connection, weight-distribution and musicality. Thank you guys, hope you enjoy Buenos Aires. :waycool:

Overall, I'm exhausted again, but loved every minute of my birthday week-end. :hug:

Lory
21st-November-2006, 04:32 PM
Overall, I'm exhausted again, but loved every minute of my birthday week-end. :hug:

All that, and it's not even your birthday yet! :worthy: :waycool:

Freudian Hips
21st-November-2006, 05:00 PM
I had a fabulous weekend :D

Stefano and Alexandra are just amazing ...

Saturday's party was brill, the decorations in the Beach Ballroom were gorgeous. I'm glad Franck (and the others) enjoyed his birthday cabaret. Lorna's singing is superb :worthy:

Sorry I missed Sunday's party :tears:
You were missed :hug:

Saturday night at the Beach Ballroom didn't disappoint..... my 'Surprise Cabaret' (how sexy was that! Thanks Lorna, Sheena, Pauline, Alison, Elise, you all looked sexy and gorgeous in your French Maid outfits and I can't wait to read the full lyrics of the 'Hanky Panky' cover version...).

I also hope you enjoyed the integrity of the choreography and the skill with with it was performed :waycool: :innocent: :wink: We enjoyed it too :kiss: :flower:

Meanwhile, I'm wondering when we'll see any of the photos taken on Saturday night... Glad I had my camera with me – but I haven't had a chance yet to look at the photos I took.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 05:04 PM
So. I have the photos of the girls in their outfits.

How much can I raise by offering to post them. Can you outbid the price the girls have offered me, not to post them! :D :rolleyes:

Franck
21st-November-2006, 05:11 PM
I also hope you enjoyed the integrity of the choreography and the skill with with it was performed :waycool: :innocent: :wink: We enjoyed it too :kiss: :flower: Oh definitely! I was concentrating very hard on the choreography :whistle:

Seriously though, it was a great performance. You all looked beautiful and Lorna's singing was spectacular!
As for the outfits, I gather most of you decided to keep them for your own personal use :whistle:

Would love to see a video of my 'hanky panky' cabaret as well as Stefano & Alexandra if anyone filmed it, would be great to upload them to the video gallery.

Lorna
21st-November-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh definitely! I was concentrating very hard on the choreography :whistle:

Would love to see a video of my 'hanky panky' cabaret as well as Stefano & Alexandra if anyone filmed it, would be great to upload them to the video gallery.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps not!!

Anyway,

I had a brilliant night on Sat. Always a difficult one for me as I/we spend most of the beginning of the night upstairs practising Franck's routine. (much to the pleasure this year of all the male BB staff who were sending messages to each other via walkie talkie to come and see us. Lets just say we made their shift a lot easier on Sat night. :whistle:

Big hugs to the girls for a brill performance. :kiss: (one of them has only been dancing 6 weeks - probably now wondering what she's got herself into).

Was a very busy night and the music was fantastic, thank you for all the dances I had. :flower: Nice to see Stefano and Alexandra again. Fabulous as ever.

After party was in my room, (first one I make it to and it ends up in my room, typical!!) Had a blast. Thank you everyone.

Here are the words to ''Spanky Francky''. (wanted to keep most of it the same as the original as they seemed appropriate and for the selfish reason that I was singing it).

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Spanky Francky

Some girls they like candy, others they like to grind
> We'll settle for the back of your hand somewhere on our behind
> Treat us all like we're bad girls even when we're being good to you
> We don't want you to thank us, you can just spank us, mmm.
>
> Some guys they like football, others like fast cars
> You love grub and your vintage fizz, wine and dine us all under the stars.
> Please cover us with kisses, combs and footwork, ooh we're dizzy
> Before we get too cranky, you better, like,
>
> Spanky Francky
> Nothing like a good spanky
> Please take out your dancing shoes
> We all want a dance and we want some hanky panky with
> Spanky Franky
> No one like our dear Francky
> Please take out your dancing shoes and your apple macs
> we all love our, spanky francky guy.
>

Please don't call a doctor, cause there's nothing wrong with us,
We just like things a little rough and you better not mess with us.
cause we don't like a big softie, [no], we like someone mean and bossy,
Let us speak to you francky, you better...

(chorus)

Oooo, yeah.

Spoken:

What about? yeah. thats an interesting...
Oooo.
My bottom hurts just thinking about it.

[we want you to] treat us like we're all bad girls,
[we need you to] even when we're being good to you.
We dont want you to thank us [dont thank us], you better...

(chorus)

[hanky panky] oooh, yeah
[good spanky] get the picture?
[dont wanna cry, I just wanna]

Thats the way he came into our world,
Francky said, ladies, you are beautiful girls
He gave us a spanky and Francky smiled,
So give it up, honey, cause we want it.
Yeah.

SteveB
22nd-November-2006, 12:54 PM
Sounds like you all had such fun! In the car last thursday to Perth was a treat when you sang it Lorna, so i can imagine that it was fab on the night!

Glad you enjoyed it all and hope that you all had a great night!

SteveB..x

Nessiemonster
23rd-November-2006, 12:18 AM
you were there? you were at the BB and I didn't see you? :tears: :tears:

right.. next party.. t-Shirt with BIIIIIG WRITING

"I'M BEO.. SAY HELLO!"

:tears: :tears: :tears: :wink:

I did see you, in the distance, but didn't get to come and say hi and have a dance... But as you said, you left early as you had an heroic act to perform, and didn't come to the Sunday night party. Next time... See you in February...?

And finally,
:flower: Nessiemonster

:flower: :hug: You made it extra special... :hug:

jacksondonut
25th-November-2006, 02:34 PM
The after-dance party was great too. And what happens at those, stays at those, right! :whistle:

:rofl: Well, I guess that is just as well.... champagne goes straight to my head....!!!! :rofl:

I had a really great weekend – lovely to see Jan, and everyone else there, many whom I hadn't seen in a while.

The parties and workshops were fun – those we did – and I got back to Glasgow this morning thinking I could do with another weekend to recover.

Totally agree on this one... fab to see you too honey! The workshops I did I thoroughly enjoyed... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Had a fabulous weekend. Great to meet new people and catch up with others.

Jacksondonut - thanks for the hospitality on Sunday night - great to meet you, and good crisps! :D

My pleasure, I had a lovely time too.. :flower: :hug: :flower:

Thanks to Trampy for the brilliant music :D

Most certainly, IMO, he didnt play a duff track all night.. awesome... sublime and most enjoyable, thank you..:worthy:

Then up to Aberdeen on the Saturday for all the workshops, which were THE best. Stefano and Alexandra made them very challenging, achievable and enjoyable.
The party Saturday night was good, Stefano and Alexandra's showcase was just…. :yum: :drool: And the show for Franck was fun to watch.

Great to see Janet again, I want a room like you had on Sunday night next time..

This saves me typing it all up again.. thanks PH :flower: ....and if I am ever lucky enough to have a non-smelly room... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: you will definately be invited along with all the other lovely guests on Sunday night..!!
Company was wonderful.. :hug:

Starting with James Bond Night on Friday, men in tuxedos, and girls in glam sexy dresses :yum: great food at Tiger Tiger, plenty Champagne and great company. Casino Royal was great and dancing afterwards just perfect.

The party after the party lived up to its promises, with Champagne flowing, great laughs and late night chat.

As for the workshops with Stefano and Alexandra, I am amazed at how much they are able to teach all of us every time. Their incredible talent, expertise and ease made a very difficult topic seem possible to everyone, from expert Tango dancers to novices! :respect:

And I will agree with Franck on all of the above too... Friday was a fantastic night too... film was good, food was yummy and dancing afterwards was great fun... thanks to you all for looking after me so well... I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone and cant wait til I travel up north again to be with all the lovely people there... a special thank you to Lisa for looking after me on Friday... :flower: :flower: what a lovely lady.

Finally, just to say that everyone I met, old and new, you were all a total pleasure to be with...:hug: :hug: :hug: I wont name any names, you all know who you are. :flower: :flower:

Lorna
25th-November-2006, 04:09 PM
Lovely to meet you too. :flower:

By the way, are you missing a black cardigan. If so, I have it. PM me if you need it back soon.

Lxx