PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions! Weekend 20th-22nd October!

Freya
12th-October-2006, 11:24 PM
Those of us living in Scotland and Especially Dundee have a hard time deciding what to do this weekend!

There's not One but Two Freestyles on Saturday the 21st! And their both in Dundee!

With so much on we're definately getting spoiled up here!

I've kept it to Scotland but if you want ask a nice moderator to add options for you!

BTW Ducasi was too chicken to post himself!

Dynamo
13th-October-2006, 11:19 AM
Those of us living in Scotland and Especially Dundee have a hard time deciding what to do this weekend!

There's not One but Two Freestyles on Saturday the 21st! And their both in Dundee!

Hi Freya

loved our dance at Southport :grin: , so looking forward to another :flower:

So spoilt for choice are you :grin: , that; Kathy and I are foraging North of Hadrians wall and staying in Clackmannan :D

Our thoughts were of Kirriemuir with Tiggerbabe :respect: and Trampy :respect: , but please tell us humble Southerners about Mama Mortons :innocent:

Dynamo

Aleks
13th-October-2006, 12:21 PM
There's also Route66 on 20th in Edinburgh.....

ducasi
13th-October-2006, 03:54 PM
... but please tell us humble Southerners about Mama Mortons :innocent:
Hi Dynamo,

Mama Morton's is an independent operating in Dundee. They do freestyles most months, and the occasional workshop.

They have a freestyle next weekend – Saturday 21st October from 9.30pm until 12.30am – in the Millennium Hall, Birkhill, Dundee with Dance Demon doing the DJing. You can get more info I'm sure from Heather by PM.

I'm still not sure of my plans for the weekend. Who's DJing at Kirriemuir?

Achaeco
13th-October-2006, 04:01 PM

I've kept it to Scotland but if you want ask a nice moderator to add options for you!

Hiya Freya.

Can you are anyone else tell me how to start a poll.

Ta

TheTramp
13th-October-2006, 04:49 PM
Who's DJing at Kirriemuir?

Sheena on Friday. Me on Saturday.

Freya
13th-October-2006, 05:05 PM
C2D you can post a poll by clicking on the post a poll option at the bottom of the page when you post a new thread!

Hope that Helps!

Freya
13th-October-2006, 05:07 PM
Could Some Lovely Moderator Add Route 66 Friday Night option to my poll please?

Tiggerbabe
13th-October-2006, 05:18 PM
Sheena on Friday. Me on Saturday.
And me on Sunday :wink:

TheTramp
13th-October-2006, 05:40 PM
And me on Sunday :wink:

Oh. Yeah. There's a Sunday t-dance too.

Should be a fun weekend. Got a friend coming over from Oz for the Saturday night as well.....

FirstMove
14th-October-2006, 08:47 PM
Why do I always have to work when something free (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=1406) is happening?

Heather
15th-October-2006, 09:58 AM
Why do I always have to work when something free (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=1406) is happening?

Didn't Alannis Morisette write a song in the same vein - 'Ironic' ?:sick:

:hug:
Heather

Lindsay
15th-October-2006, 07:36 PM
Mama M's for me....

Little Monkey
15th-October-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh bum!

Didn't realise there's the Kirrimuir party (and no, Kirrimuir is NOT in Dundee!!!!!!) and Route66 on Friday........ Am thinking that we (Sheepy and I) will probably go to Kirrie on Friday (if we're dancing at all), then Mama M on Saturday. And Sunday we're going to Graham Fox's WCS workshop in Livingstone.:clap:

Ooooh, so much to do!

Petal
15th-October-2006, 09:08 PM
And Sunday we're going to Graham Fox's WCS workshop in Livingstone.:clap:

This Sunday? I thought it was beginning of November. I wouldn't want to miss it!

Petal
15th-October-2006, 09:12 PM
Anyone from the Perth area want to share the drive to kirrie on friday night(just for the party). I distinctly remember it being a very dark, wooded, spooky road last time, and peaches kept singing eerie music.:eek:

ducasi
15th-October-2006, 09:28 PM
Looks like I'll probably be going to Kirriemuir on Saturday evening, and Sunday for the tea dance. Will vote as soon as I know for sure. :)

Dance Demon
15th-October-2006, 10:24 PM
And Sunday we're going to Graham Fox's WCS workshop in Livingstone.:clap:

This Sunday? I thought it was beginning of November. I wouldn't want to miss it!

It is the beginning of November petal......Sunday 12th to be precise. Think Monkey has got her dates mixed up:nice:

Petal
15th-October-2006, 10:51 PM
It is the beginning of November petal......Sunday 12th to be precise. Think Monkey has got her dates mixed up:nice:

Thanks DD, i've pm'd Little monkey.

Heather
16th-October-2006, 07:58 AM
Could Some Lovely Moderator Add Route 66 Friday Night option to my poll please?

:yeah:

Route 66 Friday for me!

Heather

straycat
16th-October-2006, 10:51 AM
Blues in Sheffied for us. Need my blues fix...

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 11:30 AM

Doh!

I just keep getting my weekends mixed up. You're quite right, the next one is 12th November.... Got it mixed up, because I signed Greg up for that workshop, as he'll be in Dundee that weekend. But he's also coming up this week, so I got the two weekends confused. I need a new brain. Or less work to do.... Or a holiday.

LM :hug:

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh bum!

Didn't realise there's the Kirrimuir party (and no, Kirrimuir is NOT in Dundee!!!!!!) and Route66 on Friday........ Am thinking that we (Sheepy and I) will probably go to Kirrie on Friday (if we're dancing at all), then Mama M on Saturday. And Sunday we're going to Graham Fox's WCS workshop in Livingstone.:clap:

Ooooh, so much to do!

Oh dear..... Might have a complete change of plans for the weekend..... It may now be Kirrimuir on Saturday night, possibly also for the Sunday teadance.... Still not sure about Friday, though.... :confused:

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh dear..... Might have a complete change of plans for the weekend..... It may now be Kirrimuir on Saturday night, possibly also for the Sunday teadance.... Still not sure about Friday, though.... :confused:

Cool. It'll be nice to see you in Kirrie. Ness will look forward to seeing you again too I'm sure...

(And you can bring my mugs! :na: )

Dance Demon
16th-October-2006, 04:08 PM
Still not sure about Friday, though.... :confused:

Hmmmm......lots of nice WCS tracks at Route 66.....:whistle: :whistle:

cms
16th-October-2006, 05:50 PM
people can also come to my leaving night in glasgow on friday............drinks and dancing starting from 7.30 in town..............now i just need to decide on venue.

would love to see you!!!

C xx

ducasi
16th-October-2006, 05:55 PM
people can also come to my leaving night in glasgow on friday............drinks and dancing starting from 7.30 in town..............now i just need to decide on venue.
Hey Claire, I expect I'll be there – wherever there is! ;)

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 07:10 PM
Cool. It'll be nice to see you in Kirrie. Ness will look forward to seeing you again too I'm sure...

Oh, cool, can't wait to see Ness again!

(And you can bring my mugs! :na: )

Am still trying to make the bl**dy things! Haven't been too happy with the results so far, so back to the drawing board. Need some cool poses.... Will bring camera this w/e, and you'll have to model for me! :na: :rofl:

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm......lots of nice WCS tracks at Route 66.....:whistle: :whistle:

I know, I know..... But plans may have changed AGAIN!

Oh dear...

What to do...

Nessiemonster
16th-October-2006, 08:39 PM

Oh, cool, can't wait to see Ness again!

Well, it was nice to meet you t'other week at your open day. But are you Sure it's me you're talking about...??!! :confused: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2006, 09:00 PM
are you Sure it's me you're talking about...??!! :confused: :rofl:
There is another Ness coming to Kirriemuir, all the way from Australia :D :hug:

Nessiemonster
16th-October-2006, 09:04 PM
Cool! I love meeting people with the same name - it happens so rarely! I look forward to meeting her too...

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 10:15 PM

Yep, that's the ness I was referring to! Although it will of course be nice to meet Nessiemonster again, too! :flower:

Just been thinking.... How to get there?

Options are 1) (With dog!!) Get bus from Dundee to Kirriemuir on Friday, then find a friendly taxidriver who doesn't mind doggie in his car...... And spend the entire weekend in Kirriemuir!

2) Or is there a friendly Forumite driving from Dundee to Kirriemuir on Friday, with space for a Little Monkey, a Sheepy and a sheepdog?? Plus lots of bags...

3) Leave doggie at home, and only come up for Saturday night plus Sunday teadance, and get someone to look after doggie...

Help!

Little Monkey
16th-October-2006, 10:34 PM
Having looked at bus timetables (very few choices, particularly on Sunday!!), and car hire prices, it looks most likely we'll only do Saturday plus Sunday, now. :(

Oh, well.

Wish I had a bl**dy car! :(

Freya
16th-October-2006, 10:48 PM
Having looked at bus timetables (very few choices, particularly on Sunday!!), and car hire prices, it looks most likely we'll only do Saturday plus Sunday, now. :(

Oh, well.

I know how you feel hun! Have just found out I can't get the car! So unless some kind person can give me a lift to and from Kirriemuir on sat and sunday looks like I won't be coming down! And after I managed to convince my friend to put us up! :tears::tears:

TheTramp
16th-October-2006, 11:58 PM

Oh, well.

I can fit you both in (and back if you want) on Friday. I can't take the dog though I'm afraid (cos of the allergies).

Can bring you back down on Sunday. Though, again, sans dog (sorry)...

Heather
17th-October-2006, 12:00 AM
(and no, Kirrimuir is NOT in Dundee!!!!!!)

:yeah:
I think Dundee City Council would be interested to know this - might bring the council tax down a bit !!:rofl: Kirriemuir is 18.1 miles away from Dundee, nearly as far away as Perth in fact.
Heather

TheTramp
17th-October-2006, 12:00 AM
I know how you feel hun! Have just found out I can't get the car! So unless some kind person can give me a lift to and from Kirriemuir on sat and sunday looks like I won't be coming down! And after I managed to convince my friend to put us up! :tears::tears:

Can do Saturday if you can get down to Dundee (well, maybe you should tell me where you're planning on staying on Saturday night, before I agree to drop you off there - like, if it's in Cupar, I'm afraid I'm not going that far!).

Can do Sunday for the t-dance, subject to whether Greg & LM need a lift back (they did ask first).

I'm sure that there'll be plenty of other offers of lifts though.

Little Monkey
17th-October-2006, 10:58 AM
I can fit you both in (and back if you want) on Friday. I can't take the dog though I'm afraid (cos of the allergies).

Can bring you back down on Sunday. Though, again, sans dog (sorry)...

Well, it now looks like Sheepy and I will go up on Saturday, stay the night, and come back after the tea dance on Sunday. Sans mutt. Doggie will be looked after by my kind neighbours. So if we can sneak a lift with you up on Saturday, and home on Sunday, that would be grand!

Such a shame, was looking forward to looooong walks in the countryside / hills on Saturday, and dancing Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon...... :(

TheTramp
17th-October-2006, 11:09 AM
Well, it now looks like Sheepy and I will go up on Saturday, stay the night, and come back after the tea dance on Sunday. Sans mutt. Doggie will be looked after by my kind neighbours. So if we can sneak a lift with you up on Saturday, and home on Sunday, that would be grand!

Such a shame, was looking forward to looooong walks in the countryside / hills on Saturday, and dancing Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon...... :(

Sorry LM. I can't really do Saturday. I already had people in the car, and can't really fit 2 people in.

Can definitely give you a lift back on the Sunday, and can take you up on the Friday. Can also give you a lift back on the Friday too, so if you want to just go up for the dancing and come back, then that's fine.

Sorry about the Saturday :sad:

Little Monkey
17th-October-2006, 04:33 PM
Sorry LM. I can't really do Saturday. I already had people in the car, and can't really fit 2 people in.

Can definitely give you a lift back on the Sunday, and can take you up on the Friday. Can also give you a lift back on the Friday too, so if you want to just go up for the dancing and come back, then that's fine.

Sorry about the Saturday :sad:

B*gger!

That means the bl**dy bus which takes for bl**dy ever, and then a bl**dy taxi. I'm going more and more off this weekend..... It's just so ******* difficult to get to that place without a car! :mad:

Maybe we should have just stuck to our original plans, after all.....

Anyone else travelling up on Saturday night? :flower:

Fed Up* Little Monkey

*With not having a car.

Little Monkey
17th-October-2006, 05:15 PM
~snip~ big rant ~snip~

Sorry about the above rant. I'm just so fed up with always having to beg everyone for lifts all the time, which makes me feel like a cheapskate*....

Between not having a car, not having enough money, having a dog and having a bad back, I miss out on so much dancing!:(

Right. Baking therapy needed. Cheesecake, methinks... :drool:

*I've given up offering my friends petrol money, they never want it anyway! And when I offer to buy them a drink, it's always just water they want....

Heather
17th-October-2006, 05:55 PM
B*gger!

That means the bl**dy bus which takes for bl**dy ever, and then a bl**dy taxi. I'm going more and more off this weekend..... It's just so ******* difficult to get to that place without a car! :mad:

Maybe we should have just stuck to our original plans, after all.....

:yeah: :wink:

Heather

Little Monkey
17th-October-2006, 06:37 PM
:yeah: :wink:

Heather

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll come to the next Mama Morton's, darling!

LM :hug:

stewart38
18th-October-2006, 03:20 PM
Anyone been to the monthly Blitz event at Rainworth in Mansfield

If so whats its like ?

Probably going there on friday

cheeks
19th-October-2006, 06:08 PM
:hug: to LM......

And to add to all that is anyone travelling up to Kirrie on the Saturday only from Dundee that could possibly give me a lift?

:grin:

Pauline. xxx

(Please PM if you can help........thankyou xxxx)

cms
20th-October-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Claire, I expect I'll be there – wherever there is! ;)

i know im a nightmare!

i did say to most people by text or on tues night but we're meeting at bar budda on sauchihall street from 8 and then from there on to dance somewhere!!!!

see you later

C xx

Sheepman
20th-October-2006, 12:09 PM
And to add to all that is anyone travelling up to Kirrie on the Saturday only from Dundee ... If you come up on the bus (I think it leaves about 5pm) we could always share a taxi for the last part, but I suppose that won't help you as you'll need to get home again on the same night...

Greg

cheeks
20th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
That would have been great but unfortunately I have the kids so will have to feed them etc before as there grandad has them and I think a couple of hours is enough for him:eek:(don't think there's any chance would make a 5o'clock bus my dad might think I'm leaving and not going back for them ..............lol)

Thankyou anyway

:flower:

Little Monkey
21st-October-2006, 10:53 AM
Hope you can make it, Cheeks! Would be lovely to see you!

Well, Sheepy and I have had no luck with getting a lift, so we'll be catching the 16.55 bus from Dundee, which arrives over an hour later in Kirrimuir. If we get a taxi straight away, we hope to be at the hotel around 18.15ish.

Will have to phone the bus station just to make sure the timetable on their webpage is correct...

Now I just need to decide what to wear..... Ooooh, decisions!