PDA

View Full Version : Championship Results

horsey_dude
8th-May-2003, 01:55 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find the results from the champs (i.e. who got where) and did anyone see a routine with a dancer called Deb Cantoni from Australia. I saw her champs routine when I was in Melbourne and thought it was great and I was wondering how it went down here.

Divissima
8th-May-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi HD

I can't find the results posted on the ceroc champs site - I tried to post all the results I could remember on another thread so search for my recent posts.

Deb Cantoni and her partner won the showcase and came second in the Open section. They were awesome!

So where are you now?

Divissima
8th-May-2003, 02:02 PM
See the 'Congratulations' thread - Keith's question and my reply.

:hug:

Lou
8th-May-2003, 02:06 PM
I know Deb is meant to be teaching a style workshop in Bristol - I think it's the Monday after next (but I'm not 100% sure) - if you're still around then? :)

Mike
8th-May-2003, 02:25 PM
Deb & Bens? routine was fantastic, it was well performed and amazzzingly aerobic, they squeezed in front of 2 other Aussies who were just as good in other ways. Clayton Tubbs & Janine Myers came 2nd & Nicky Haslem & Robert Winter

Mike

horsey_dude
8th-May-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm in Birmingham! I will be back in London some time next week (hopefully going to job interviews) This week is C.V. and buy suit week.

Deb runs Le Bop in Melbourne. If you are ever in Australia, Melbourne is a great place to visit and they are really good dancers..... I went to a competition there and they had a number of cabarets of a similar standard. There is also Ceroc in Melbourne and they are really good as well (it must be something in the water).

Originally posted by Divissima
Hi HD

I can't find the results posted on the ceroc champs site - I tried to post all the results I could remember on another thread so search for my recent posts.

Deb Cantoni and her partner won the showcase and came second in the Open section. They were awesome!

So where are you now?

Lisa
8th-May-2003, 03:15 PM
I also agree that Deb & Ben's dancing was awesome. I was lucky enough to get two dances with Ben later....wow.

HD, good luck job hunting. Hope you do manage to make Wythall, it's a great night. Ask the Dj to dance... she's great! She did a spotlight routine with another girl at the champs which was really funky.

Lisa x

TheTramp
8th-May-2003, 03:58 PM
Hehe.

I saw Deb last night. And she's persuaded me to go to Melbourne when I'm over in Oz. Well, less of the persuasion, and more of the just telling me that I'm going there, brushing aside my rather feeble excuses (you know, no money, no time etc.).

And yes, she is in Bristol a week Monday (19th). I was going to come demo for her - until I remembered that I teach a class myself on Mondays :sorry

But hopefully, she is going to come demo at my Tuesday class for me on the way home :D

Steve

Deb
16th-May-2003, 03:52 PM
It is true

I am teaching in Bristol on Monday... can't wait.

I'll also be teaching at Ealing on Tuesday night so if you would like some more moves from Australia you should come along.

AND if you really want some more aussie moves you will have to come visit us down under... Hint Hint :wink: :wink:

DavidY
17th-May-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
Can anyone tell me where I can find the results from the champs (i.e. who got where) It looks like these have just been posted on the Champs website at www.cerocchamps.com/results.php (http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php)

I think there are photos under the Results section of the menu too.

David

Will
18th-May-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Deb
It is true

I am teaching in Bristol on Monday... can't wait.

I'll also be teaching at Ealing on Tuesday night so if you would like some more moves from Australia you should come along.

AND if you really want some more aussie moves you will have to come visit us down under... Hint Hint :wink: :wink:
And if you do go and visit her, I believe she accepts both Aussie Dollars or Lamb Chops :drool: as currency for entry to Le Bop.

Lou
20th-May-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
And yes, she is in Bristol a week Monday (19th). I was going to come demo for her - until I remembered that I teach a class myself on Mondays :sorry Shame, Steve! Deb brought along some guy called... ermmm... was it something like... errmmm... Viktor, I think it was.... :wink: He was OK. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the class, Deb - it was fun & some lovely moves in there. :nice: Now to practice my spinning.....

TheTramp
20th-May-2003, 09:11 AM
Yeah. I think that he might just have gotten the nod, even if I hadn't had to go to my own class that night :tears:

Steve

Lou
20th-May-2003, 09:39 AM
Awww... I'm sure that's not the case! Lucky Deb to have so many talented men to call on! :wink:

We're being spoiled in this fair city this week. Nicky Haslam's also doing a class on Friday. :grin:

TheTramp
20th-May-2003, 09:44 AM
Yeah. Make sure that you give her some stick :)

We were holding up 'prompt' cards at her class on Sunday (makes a change from throwing things at Deb (long story, don't ask!)).

Get a big piece of paper, write 'Tie me Kangaroo down sport' on it, and hold it up at some point during her class. Just for me :D

Steve

Deb
20th-May-2003, 10:17 AM
lol....

i am having sooooooooo much fun here... I don't want to go back...

I am teaching again tonight at Hipsters so we'll see you all there... YAY!

Also, tomorrow is my last night in London, heading back to Australia... boo hoo... I'll be at Hipsters.. please join me for farewell drinks afterwards (and perhaps more dancing, somewhere????)

I'll sleep when I get home.... :D

TheTramp
20th-May-2003, 12:09 PM
Just drinks???

You mean you're not going to stuff your face tomorrow night like you have every other night I've been dancing with you? :na:

Steve

Lou
20th-May-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Get a big piece of paper, write 'Tie me Kangaroo down sport' on it, and hold it up at some point during her class. Just for me :D *lol* I'm too scared! See if you can persuade Graham W to do it - he's far braver than me! :wink:

TheTramp
20th-May-2003, 03:22 PM
Oh. Go on.

We did it last Sunday at Chigwell. It was funny. She'll know that I put you up to it.... least, if she doesn't, you can tell her afterwards. And I'll see her on Saturday night.

Steve

horsey_dude
21st-May-2003, 05:38 PM
Can anyone tell me where hipsters is?

HD

Originally posted by Deb
lol....

Also, tomorrow is my last night in London, heading back to Australia... boo hoo... I'll be at Hipsters.. please join me for farewell drinks afterwards (and perhaps more dancing, somewhere????)

TheTramp
21st-May-2003, 05:49 PM
Sure can. It's at Ealing Town Hall. Nearest tube is Ealing Broadway. Then head out along The Broadway towards West Ealing, and it's on the junction of Longfield Road.....

Steve

horsey_dude
22nd-May-2003, 12:51 AM
I was lucky enough to be able to make it for a dance with Deb.

The tramp was in fine form with his "triple trouble" ....

Unfortunately he tried to get me in on the act with Will and Deb.

To his sorrow he found out the meaning of that well known expression "You can lead a horse to water but you can't lead a horsey_dude at all".

It was nice to see you again Deb, I hope the flight home is a good one.

HD.

Originally posted by Deb
lol....

TheTramp
22nd-May-2003, 02:04 AM
you can't lead a horsey_dude at allHe is not kidding....!!! :na:

Steve

Deb
22nd-May-2003, 08:43 AM
Hi Horsey_Dude

I had no Idea you were who you are on this forum.

Thanx for the dance last night, It was great.

You'll have to come back to Melbourne for more dances on your way home (whenever that is).

Deb

Deb
23rd-May-2003, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys

I'm in Singapore at the moment.

Just wanted to say goodbye to all the people that I didn't get to see in my last week there and a big thank you to everyone for making my trip sooooooooooo much fun. I had an amazing time. I am going to miss you all terribly.

Keep dancing and more from me when I get back to Melbourne.

Thanx

Deb

Janet
23rd-May-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi Deb,

Don't breath too deeply!!!!

Great to see you on our Forum too now. Hope to hear more from you when you get home. Glad you enjoyed your visit to the UK. When is the next one? Be sure to include Scotland! :D

Janet

TheTramp
23rd-May-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm not Deb, but maybe I can answer this one :D

On Wednesday night, Deb was talking about hopefully coming back in October. And if that happens, then she'll come up to Scotland!! Least, she did promise that on Wednesday :na:

Steve

Deb
26th-May-2003, 06:29 AM
Yes, it is true... I was talking about October. Have made the suggestion to Ariel and we are still chatting about it...

Will keep you informed

Deb

Will
26th-May-2003, 01:21 PM
Deb Cantoni - The girl who loved Ariels so much.... she married one!

BOOM BOOM!

Deb
27th-May-2003, 01:11 AM
:rofl: