PDA

View Full Version : Party Weekender Warmwell Nov06

Minnie M
9th-October-2006, 10:15 PM
Anyone going to this ? First weekend in November

Party Weekend is different from the Ceroc and JiveTime weekends as there are live bands and they allow children

I have just booked with my mate Shirley and a newbie dancer named Patrick

I haven't been to Warmwell for about 3 years so looking forward to it !

TheTramp
9th-October-2006, 11:49 PM
Party Weekend is different from the Ceroc and JiveTime weekends as there are live bands and they allow children

And there's much less dancing, and a lot more of the drinking & party atmosphere (having said that, I did enjoy the ones I went on - oh, about 5 years ago now!).

Minnie M
10th-October-2006, 08:27 AM
And there's much less dancing, and a lot more of the drinking & party atmosphere (having said that, I did enjoy the ones I went on - oh, about 5 years ago now!).

:yeah: very true, the dancing finishes at 2am and people go back the their detached log cabins (yes they are fab) to carry on partying .................

But the main difference is that you can take children - and there are talent contests / Karioke and fancy dress competitions which all the children can and do join in as well as the children can join in the classes (mostly in a separate area) if they wish

The strange thing is that they don't seem to get in the way on the dance floor - must be because there are lots of other things they can do (including roller skating and the dry sky slope etc) and they are worn out in the evening so go to bed OR maybe they are having their own parties :whistle:

Dynamo
10th-October-2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone going to this ? First weekend in November

I have just booked with my mate Shirley and a newbie dancer named Patrick

I haven't been to Warmwell for about 3 years so looking forward to it !

:yeah: :yeah: I go twice a year every year loads of friends there see you there MinnieM

:yeah: Totally agree, 1 dancefloor with 20% Rock n Roll & 10% lindy plus bands so you tend to sit out more and chat/drink.

:yeah: very true, the dancing finishes at 2am and people go back the their detached log cabins (yes they are fab) to carry on partying .................

But the main difference is that you can take children - and there are talent contests / Karioke and fancy dress competitions which all the children can and do join in as well as the children can join in the classes (mostly in a separate area) if they wish

The strange thing is that they don't seem to get in the way on the dance floor - must be because there are lots of other things they can do (including roller skating and the dry sky slope etc) and they are worn out in the evening so go to bed OR maybe they are having their own parties :whistle:

We party till 5am back in the challets though!!

MinnieM you all will be very welcome to join us, but sure you must know the party people already.

Know many parents and they arrange informal kids groups plus organisors have kids of verying ages too.

A very different weekend, but lots of fun none the less.

Minnie M
10th-October-2006, 11:59 PM
......MinnieM you all will be very welcome to join us, but sure you must know the party people already...
:yeah: :clap: thanks Dynamo
Gojive is a regular at Warmwell too in fact there are a few forumites going although they haven't yet voted

See ya there !

Dynamo
11th-October-2006, 01:56 AM
Gojive is a regular at Warmwell too in fact there are a few forumites going although they haven't yet voted

See ya there !

:waycool: Look forward to meeting the others there, please intro me to the ones who dont yet know me.

Looking forward to see you there :hug:

Gojive
11th-October-2006, 08:35 AM

See ya there !

Yup! I cut my weekender teeth at Warmwell in 1999, and have been to 12 PWs now :waycool:. I love the place!

Sadly, a combination of unemployment and enforced house move, means I won't be there this time :tears: :tears:

If all goes well though, I'll be back next March.

Have fun you lucky b8ggers! :cheers: :cheers:

clevedonboy
11th-October-2006, 09:03 AM
I've considered going but am put off by not knowing if it gets smokey in the dance hall - maybe next year

Dynamo
11th-October-2006, 10:58 AM
Yup! I cut my weekender teeth at Warmwell in 1999, and have been to 12 PWs now :waycool:. I love the place!

Sadly, a combination of unemployment and enforced house move, means I won't be there this time :tears: :tears:

If all goes well though, I'll be back next March.

Have fun you lucky b8ggers! :cheers: :cheers:

Way cool :waycool: have done 12 PW from 1999, where i cut my teeth also, how surreal. :grin: We must know each others faces.
I enjoy the dancing and do some of the party dances! I won the race in a "dingy" using the sympathy vote last March, Oh what. :what:

I've considered going but am put off by not knowing if it gets smokey in the dance hall - maybe next year

Recent improvements is large screen from bar area to dancefloor from last March :grin: , so much better, also discussion about moving smokers further away from dancing area too :D . Badger Darren, he listens and we may get a bit more fresh air. :grin:

Dynamo

Minnie M
11th-October-2006, 09:04 PM
Recent improvements is large screen from bar area to dancefloor from last March :grin: , so much better, also discussion about moving smokers further away from dancing area too :D . Badger Darren, he listens and we may get a bit more fresh air. :grin:

Dynamo

:sick: forgot about the smoking problem ..................

Mind you now Leanne has given up smoking Darren might be more inclined to help the non-smokers :D

Have we met Dynamo ?

Cornish Pixie
29th-October-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi guys, im another addicted to warmwell, i havnt missed one since my first so have been to 4 already, i go with my whole family so its like a family holiday and a dance hol rolled into 1, hope to meet you forumites there!

detomo
30th-October-2006, 10:13 AM
I'll be along for my second Warmwell weekender. Booked a four-berth and I'm the one who's ended up on the sofa bed :really:. Lots of other dancers coming down from the Exeter area too :clap:

Dynamo
30th-October-2006, 10:26 AM
I'll be along for my second Warmwell weekender. Booked a four-berth and I'm the one who's ended up on the sofa bed :really:. Lots of other dancers coming down from the Exeter area too :clap:

Hi

be good to see you there Detomo. This is My 11th, know there must be loads more forum members going, just never knew most of them till now!!

If you need more space or have more friends wanting to come then I have 2 Challets both Silver 6, though the second has only 1 person and 5 spaces, so chat or PM me and I may be able to help us both

Ah Exeter, then you must Know Nelson & Karen, thoroughly reccomend their classes.

Dynamo

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 11:08 AM
Way cool :waycool: have done 12 PW from 1999, where i cut my teeth also, how surreal. :grin:

. This is My 11th,

Use your toes to count on too, it works for me when i have to go over 10.:wink:

Dynamo
30th-October-2006, 11:40 AM
Use your toes to count on too, it works for me when i have to go over 10.:wink:

Would have used my toes, but keep on passing out if I get close enough to count them :rofl: :rofl:

Must drink more coffe this moring :blush: , this will be 12 as my 1st was a March with Richard and Dave, last century I beleive. :whistle:

I might have a word with the techies about binary counting next time :eek:

detomo
30th-October-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi
If you need more space or have more friends wanting to come then I have 2 Challets both Silver 6, though the second has only 1 person and 5 spaces, so chat or PM me and I may be able to help us both

Thanks Dynamo

I remember someone asking me if there were any spaces at Warmwell, but I'll have to concentrate really hard to remember who. :confused:

Ah Exeter, then you must Know Nelson & Karen, thoroughly reccomend their classes.

My first lesson was taught by those two, and bar weekenders etc, all my lessons since. There aren't many other teachers in Exeter :).

Are there normally bands every night at Warmwell? My memories of March are fairly vague.

Dynamo
30th-October-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks Dynamo

I remember someone asking me if there were any spaces at Warmwell, but I'll have to concentrate really hard to remember who. :confused:

I still have 1 guy space and a twin room left if you remember, but no worries if you dont, still good to meet you :cheers:

My first lesson was taught by those two, and bar weekenders etc, all my lessons since. There aren't many other teachers in Exeter :).

Good teachers with a wide repetoire, so if I had to chhose, would have them over a couple of lesser known teachers :grin:

Are there normally bands every night at Warmwell? My memories of March are fairly vague.

Friday nite has 1 band I think :grin:
Saturday lunchtime as 1 band
Saturday nite has 2 bands :D
Sunday lunch has 1 band :grin:
Sunday eve I think is 1 or 2 bands :D

All play for about 1 hour, with a range of speeds from RocknRoll to a slow blues speed. :grin:

Dont miss Earl Jackson, A Real peronality, excellent entertainer and a good bunch of musicians. :respect: :D
But all the bands are good and tried here over many years :D

Look forward to meeting you

Cornish Pixie
30th-October-2006, 11:30 PM
Are the jive aces playing this time, they make it for me, i usually find that im knackered at weekenders by sunday but they just lift everyone up and enthuse them with more energy!!

Shodan
1st-November-2006, 10:00 AM
By shear guess, you are Duncan? Guess who am I??? If you guess correctly I might give you another lift to Yeovil sometime. As long as you dont kick my car to bits again ! :rofl:

Shodan
1st-November-2006, 10:04 AM
Are the jive aces playing this time, they make it for me, i usually find that im knackered at weekenders by sunday but they just lift everyone up and enthuse them with more energy!!
Yes I believe the Jive Aces are back again this time. I love their set as well - a must watch for me.

But to answer the original question, I do Warmwell both times every year and have been going since 2004 I think. I've got all the DVDs so far as well. :waycool:

Will be there at the Nov 2006 one. We've just finalised all our parties our Exeter group is gonna have in our chalets. Its gonna be fun. :grin:

Dynamo
1st-November-2006, 03:58 PM

The Bands are as follows

Friday @9pm Oceans 7
Friday @11pm Next Move

Saturday @9pm Gregy G
Saturday @11pm Earl Jackson

Sunday @2pm Alley Cats
Sunday @9pm Jive Aces
Sunday @11pm Beached Boys

hot from the guys that know

detomo
2nd-November-2006, 12:38 AM
Guess who am I???

Hey K. :rolleyes:

Managed to find us all them :). Ready for the weekend? I still gotta fit my dad's 60th birthday in, for a Dorset family reunion :clap:

Shodan
2nd-November-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey K. :rolleyes:

Managed to find us all them :). Ready for the weekend?
I was born ready soldier !

Just printed off Rach's shopping list so Chezzer and I can get the stuff. Party time friday night! Hurrah!!! :waycool::D:grin:

detomo
6th-November-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, I had a great time this Warmwell, possibly my best weekender so far. Loved dancing to the live bands, found some great new partners, had brilliant dances with some of my regulars, cooked two lots of fried english and got cooked some fab meals by chalet mates in return.

Met Dynamo, Minnie M?, Witty Bird (still owe you a dance) and a couple of others. Had to repeatly tell people that no, I wasn't Tramp :nice: but apparently there is a resemblance.

Only down-side was sleeping on a sofa-bed again. Next time I'm booking a six berth and just having one room to myself. Maybe :D.

Duncan

WittyBird
6th-November-2006, 11:32 PM
Witty Bird (still owe you a dance) and a couple of others. Had to repeatly tell people that no, I wasn't Tramp :nice:

No that was Fletch you met, surely you were listening to what she was saying :whistle:

Have a look Here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7853)

I really enjoyed my Saturday night at Warmwell, Even if I did bust my knee (hope it heals for Camber) Thanks to the fab Lara for her hospitality :rofl:

I am looking forward to seeing the photo's from the Chalet party :D

Dynamo
7th-November-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, I had a great time this Warmwell, possibly my best weekender so far. Loved....

Met Dynamo, Minnie M?, Witty Bird (still owe you a dance) and a couple of others. Had to repeatly tell people that no, I wasn't Tramp :nice: but apparently there is a resemblance.

Duncan

Good to meet you detomo, take it as huge respect when we say you look and dance similar to trampy :respect: :grin:

No that was Fletch you met, surely you were listening to what she was saying :whistle:

I am looking forward to seeing the photo's from the Chalet party :D

Yes we would all like to see the pictures of this late nite antics :whistle: we tried not to wake you till mid afternoon :D

I think you mite owe me a dance or 2 :D
Glad you could make it at such short notice, I trust you and your "chaufer" enjoyed the time with us

Dynamo

WittyBird
7th-November-2006, 12:57 AM
Yes we would all like to see the pictures of this late nite antics :whistle: we tried not to wake you till mid afternoon :D

It was 12-20 ish when I surfaced but I only got to bed after 5am :rofl:

I think you mite owe me a dance or 2 :D

I so do :clap:

Glad you could make it at such short notice, I trust you and your "chaufer" enjoyed the time with us

I had a wicked time, although I don't think I will go back in a hurry

Dynamo
7th-November-2006, 10:44 AM
I had a wicked time, although I don't think I will go back in a hurry

Glad you had a Wicked time,

You could drive back more slowly than Simon :devil: , if going back in a hurry is a problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See you in 3 sleeps :clap: :clap: :clap: , bit slow me as you can be there in 2 :grin:

Shodan
7th-November-2006, 01:02 PM
Agreed that this was the best Warmwell for me ever. Didn't attend many classes, just hung out with all the peeps I know and did lots of freestyling and listening to bands.

But what made the weekend for me was the social side - all the lat night (early morning :wink:) parties. I went to bed around 6am ish every morning after partying and drinking. Got up usually around 10am to start off again. Except monday morning when I got back closer to 7amish and my chalet mate woke me up at 9am. Thanks!!! :angry::grin:

Still, fab weekend indeed. I've booked myself a nice six berth for all upcoming weekenders there as they are sooooo much fun. :grin:

Photos and so forth will be available later when I finally get round to uploading them to my online photo album. :waycool:

Good to *finnaly* :rofl:meet "detomo" and I can report he didnt destroy my car. :rofl: Also good to meet WittyBird. :grin: The rest of you who attended, I didn't get introduced to you. As I'm a newbie here on these forums I wouldn't know what you look like. :sick: (oh, and of course the Easy Tiger was there..... :yum::awe:)

detomo
7th-November-2006, 10:54 PM
Just loaded my photos onto my computer. Lots from the Fancy Dress cabaret (my chalet-mates dressed in togas!) and some from Friday night chalet-party. Might try to upload some at some point :)

Minnie M
8th-November-2006, 01:56 AM
..... Met Dynamo, Minnie M?, Witty Bird (still owe you a dance) and a couple of others. Had to repeatly tell people that no, I wasn't Tramp :nice: but apparently there is a resemblance..
Didn't get a chance to dance with you either detomo :sad: wish I had :flower:

You also met Daydreaming Diva (or Mummy Lish as most of us call her)

Missed Mr. Cool :tears:

Unfortunately the music doesn't really do it for me at Warmwell - however, really loved Rob McKim's set on Sunday afternoon - lovely swingy blues stuff :respect: (wish he had played that at Camber last year)

detomo
8th-November-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey Minnie M, will grab you at next Warmwell if you're going, if not before (Feb Southport?). We'll get a dance somewhen :hug:.

I missed Sunday afternoon (Dad's 60th) so didn't hear the swingy blues stuff. Did like the live bands though, esp. the Beached Boys 60s stuff :)

Shodan
8th-November-2006, 03:03 PM
Jive aces once again hit that critical spot for me. Totally undanceable for a lot of their stuff, but as shear entertainment and as musicians they are fantastic to watch. I have a few photos of them.

Actually I have over 120 photos from Warmwell this time round. Still sorting and resizing them for my Fotopic photo album. Will post a link later when its done. :waycool: