PDA

View Full Version : Singing along while dancing

Franck
30th-May-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Stuart M
It's surprising the number of women who like a singalong - or is that just their way of coping with dancing with me :( Amazing isn't it ;) Though I suspect that they are not necessarily aware they are doing it! Which suggests we might be doing it too ! :really: Scary thought.

I guess I'll just have to persistently request some records, in order to change the "classics" list, then!:grin: That's the spirit. Don't let those djs get too comfortable! :wink:

Franck.

Janet
30th-May-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Amazing isn't it ;) Though I suspect that they are not necessarily aware they are doing it! Which suggests we might be doing it too ! :really: Scary thought.
You are! Not you personally Franck, but a lot of guys do indeed sing along. :o
What is even more scary though is the number of guys who count the beat out loud. :what: And not beginners either!

Janet

Emma
30th-May-2002, 02:00 PM
It's surprising the number of women who like a singalong Yes..I hold my hands up to that one..though I find you have to be sort of careful about who you are dancing with and what you end up singing to them!:wink:

John S
30th-May-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Yes..I hold my hands up to that one..though I find you have to be sort of careful about who you are dancing with and what you end up singing to them!:wink: Ok, admit it - who has ever sung along to the bit that goes "I just want to make l-u-r-v-e to you"?? ;) And what reaction did you get?? ;)

Emma
31st-May-2002, 08:24 AM
It wasn't me, and I deny it if anyone says it was.:what: :nice:

DavidB
31st-May-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Emma ...what you end up singing to themI'll be careful who I ask to dance next time someone plays 'Whenever, Wherever' by Shakira

Stuart M
31st-May-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Emma
...though I find you have to be sort of careful about who you are dancing with and what you end up singing to them!
I remember a gal who used to come to the Glasgow classes - she would always belt out "Perfect" by Fairgound Attraction if that's what we were dancing to. Nothing like putting pressure on a guy's dancing technique, eh...? :grin:

Jayne
31st-May-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by John S
Ok, admit it - who has ever sung along to the bit that goes "I just want to make l-u-r-v-e to you"?? ;) And what reaction did you get?? ;)

Franck, do you want to admit this one or do you want to pay for my silence?? :wink: Wasn't that then followed by the "take me home" record a few weeks ago??? :really: :nice:

I too "sing" whilst dancing - anyone who's had to endure this torture will realise why it's "singing". A personal favourite for joining in on the vocals is "hey baby, oh ah..." you know the rest of it... :grin:

Jayne :nice:

Franck
31st-May-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Franck, do you want to admit this one or do you want to pay for my silence?? :wink: Wasn't that then followed by the "take me home" record a few weeks ago??? :really: :nice: I thought I was paying already... Not enough obviously :sad:

And "Take me home" was your tune, if I am not mistaken! :wink:

I am going to start playing things like: "Ain't that a kick in the head" or "A little less conversation"...
How about "You're so vain" ? or Daniel Beddingfield's "Gotta get through this"

Hmmm :nice:

Franck.

Jayne
31st-May-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Franck

I am going to start playing things like: "Ain't that a kick in the head" or "A little less conversation"...
How about "You're so vain" ? or Daniel Beddingfield's "Gotta get through this"

Franck.

Is that aimed at me specifically or are you thinking aloud?

Jayne :wink:

Franck
31st-May-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Is that aimed at me specifically or are you thinking aloud? Would I do this ?:innocent:

Just thinking aloud of course...

"I feel like a woman"
"I couldn't ask for another..."

In my case, I relate more to:

"I'm too sexy for my shirt"
"I like to move it move it"
"Livin' on a prayer"
etc...

Franck.

John McAulay
1st-June-2002, 02:42 AM
well well well !
its 3.36 am im in majorca in spain
and ive missed you all lots
had a brilant week
miss my spell check but it is a spainish keyboard not qwerty
ps im not quitr drunk but i love you all lots
so there
not much ceroc action
found a girl with a pŸlse
who with a few drinks and a very very good lead
can manage a first move and a comb she learned from frank, is not bad
see ya all next week
regards:waycool:

DavidY
31st-July-2004, 05:57 PM
Yes..I hold my hands up to that one..though I find you have to be sort of careful about who you are dancing with and what you end up singing to them!:wink:Sorry to dig up this ancient thread :blush: , but I saw one of this afternoon's plague of spiders was reading it so I thought I'd look too.

Like Emma I quite often sing along.

But as Emma says you have to be careful. My best track to NOT singalong to is Showaddywaddy "You got what it takes".
There's nothing like looking into your beautiful partner's eyes and singing:
"...And you don't dress with the best of taste,
And nature didn't give you such a beautiful face..." :blush:

Andy McGregor
31st-July-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm keeping my mouth fimly shut when JB plays that EP song :devil:

philsmove
31st-July-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Emma
Yes..I hold my hands up to that one..though I find you have to be sort of careful about who you are dancing with and what you end up singing to them!

"I noticed you around, I find you very attractive...err uhmmm... errr :devil:

Daisy Chain
31st-July-2004, 06:08 PM
I find it slightly disconcerting when the man starts singing at me "I'm Horny, horny horny horny"

However, when this track first came out I sang along quite happily for some time. until I found out that it wasn't "I'm Hunny, Hunny Hunny Hunny" :rofl:

Daisy

Tiggerbabe
31st-July-2004, 07:30 PM
that EP song :devil:
:blush: I'm usually singing away and then realise too late which song it is :whistle: :blush:

baldrick
31st-July-2004, 09:33 PM
I always know I'm having fun when I'm singing. It means I'm relaxed and not struggling with concentrating, there's brain capacity left over to do the singing. :)

Nick M
1st-August-2004, 09:12 AM

Or "Shut Up"?

Lory
1st-August-2004, 09:37 AM
I always know I'm having fun when I'm singing. :)
:yeah: I'm afraid I get terribly carried away sometimes :blush: but it always means I'm having a good time! :clap: :D

I really like being sung to too ;)

under par
1st-August-2004, 03:43 PM
I always know I'm having fun when I'm singing. It means I'm relaxed and not struggling with concentrating, there's brain capacity left over to do the singing. :)

:yeah: Only when totally relaxed do I sing -a-long and dance. :flower:

Though it helpsif you know the words! :rofl:

Bill
3rd-November-2011, 11:31 AM
Doesn't it show an ability to multi-task !! Move, think and sing at the same time ?? I try to make sure I don't sing too loudly - wouldn't want to offend my partner. But sometimes you do realise a little too late ust what you've been singing. A smile , an apology perhaps !?

locoman
3rd-November-2011, 12:30 PM
i love it when people sing along! especially when i am dancing with them, i only have 8 and a half moves & it means they are having fun

vic_s
3rd-November-2011, 01:22 PM
I dont mind if a guy is singing, but did hav someone start singing to Nicole Scherzinger's new one...' lets get a little wet' lol

whitetiger1518
3rd-November-2011, 02:23 PM
Black Velvet and Fever have a Really bad effect on me - particularly if I know the lead Very Well :innocent: I'm sure I sing to others (in fact I know I do :whistle: ) but those two old standards have the worst effect on me.

If I start singing, then I'm totally relaxed while dancing with you. If I start playing with things other than the words then you know I'm trouble! (Those leads I do this with already know this and still seem to put up with me :worthy: Goodness knows why ;) )

PS Thanks Franck for your posts earlier in this thread, first time I've been stared at across the desks for laughing out loud (twice in a minute :blush:) since I caught this rotten cold.

Cheers

WT

Maxine
3rd-November-2011, 02:50 PM
i love it when people sing along! especially when i am dancing with them, i only have 8 and a half moves & it means they are having fun

Hey when did you get that extra half move

I have the habit of singing along, which is unfortunate as I am tone deaf - sorry everyone, I'm a happy person

sunnybunny
6th-November-2011, 09:24 PM
Heartily singing along to "If you can't cut the mustard", while in the zone at Southport, the look on the face of the young cub I was dancing with was an absolute picture. Ooops ! Not sure I saw him again that weekend :blush:

drathzel
7th-November-2011, 06:31 PM
I mime singing as I dance as I am tone deaf and I would like to be asked to dance, at some point, again!