PDA

View Full Version : BREEZE - how was it for you???

TallGuyNiceShoes
9th-October-2006, 09:16 AM
High - hour non-stop on the dodgems. Low - resulting bruised knees.

High - Great roomies (Alex, Imogen & DD (FF!). Low - knackered & alchohol still coursing through veins

High - First dance of weekend in upstairs restaurant across road to live line dancing music surrounded by cowboys/girls. Low - lack of atmosphere to the reception dance room (people walking in front of DJ booth all night - couldn't they have screened off the front at each side?)

High - Watching dares being completed. Low- completing my dare and feeling very sordid and dirty (so a high really!)

Thoughts on cabaret? Some good performances but not a touch on what you get at Southport!

Please put up a list of what's going on in key places for those of us who lose our booklets.

Loved it! Roll on Jivetime in Nov.

BobbyA
9th-October-2006, 09:21 AM
It was a fantastic weekender. I should have tried to stay till monday, but couldn't unfortunatly. Sob sob. Will have to try harder next time! So much dancing! So many good people.

I enjoyed all the workshops that i did. But got quite a bit tired through some of them. It was nice to meet some of the forum lot! But i didn't read my message from Taz telling me about the forum gathering until it was too late. Grrrrr! Maybe next time! Think i'm gonna book in for chill at some point and also get more people from my area to go! Yey :)

Thanks all for the lovely dances!

Blueshoes
9th-October-2006, 09:22 AM
This thread is discriminatory to those of us who didn't go........ :(

At least the forum will be a bit livelier now that everyone's back! :grin:

SnowWhite
9th-October-2006, 09:32 AM
This thread is discriminatory to those of us who didn't go........ :(

At least the forum will be a bit livelier now that everyone's back! :grin:

Ahem... Bad enough I didn't get to go to Breeze - and now you say I wasn't enough for you!!!:really:

Oh the pain, the pain!:wink:

Blueshoes
9th-October-2006, 12:41 PM
Ahem... Bad enough I didn't get to go to Breeze - and now you say I wasn't enough for you!!!:really:

SnowWhite, you were the one burning light in a weekend of mediocrity..... :love:

Groovemeister
9th-October-2006, 01:08 PM
I really enjoyed the weekend. It really opened my eye's up.

Good points

Classes- Lots of things I enjoyed most of all was being able to see how all the different dance styles of the weekend fit together.

Freestyle- Watching all the great dancers enjoying thereselves and joining in of course.

Learning- I didn't know I had that much capacity left in my brain.

Bad points

Who ever turned the heating on saturday night:angry:

jivebunny
9th-October-2006, 01:11 PM
High - hour non-stop on the dodgems. Low - resulting bruised knees.

High - Great roomies (Alex, Imogen & DD (FF!). Low - knackered & alchohol still coursing through veins

High - First dance of weekend in upstairs restaurant across road to live line dancing music surrounded by cowboys/girls. Low - lack of atmosphere to the reception dance room (people walking in front of DJ booth all night - couldn't they have screened off the front at each side?)

High - Watching dares being completed. Low- completing my dare and feeling very sordid and dirty (so a high really!)

Thoughts on cabaret? Some good performances but not a touch on what you get at Southport!

Please put up a list of what's going on in key places for those of us who lose our booklets.

Loved it! Roll on Jivetime in Nov.

What was your dare TGNS?

ax

fletch
9th-October-2006, 01:38 PM
What was your dare TGNS?

ax

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

weight till you see the photo's :D

well done on doing your dare :clap:

TallGuyNiceShoes
9th-October-2006, 01:44 PM
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

wait till you see the photos :D

well done on doing your dare :clap:

Can't believe I missed you completing YOUR dare - I understand the tongue action with DD was outstanding! Go girl!!!

Lynn
9th-October-2006, 01:48 PM
Quick review.

My 'sharing with a stranger' turned out to be a lovely girl and very easy company - and our chalet was so close to the venue!

Fri night was a good start, some nice dances, Sat night wasn't so good for me, I never really got into the 'zone' but still some lovely dances. The dodgems were fun!

I liked the Boudoir - esp on Sun afternoon - nice and chilled, got me in form for Sunday night which was definitely the best night for me.

I didn't especially enjoy the main room - mainly because no matter where I danced I seemed to end up being blinded by lights at some point during the dance. That added to the collision risk and meant I couldn't devote as much focus to my partner.

The 'chill out room had a severe shortage of places to sit and 'chill out' so despite some lovely music in there it never lived up to its name for me. I went in to dance, and back into the Boudoir if I wanted to sit and chill. Fortunately the Boudoir was perfect for this.

More when I get back to Belfast...

sapphire
9th-October-2006, 01:54 PM
Low - lack of atmosphere to the reception dance room (people walking in front of DJ booth all night - couldn't they have screened off the front at each side?) Completely agree.

Liked the DJing.

Enjoyed fab private lesson with Simon and Nicole but would have been easier in a room that had flooring other than carpet and that had some form of boogie box or sound system permanently in there for the teachers to use, rather than them having to go off and find one from somewhere else in the venue.

Great dancing in The Boudoir aka The Queen Vic but less lighting required. Removal of a few light bulbs would have been a start.

Would prefer wristbands made of paper. The plastic kept catching in my hair and I managed to scratch a man's neck with mine in a comb.

All in all a most enjoyable weekend, particularly as it was located in the South West.:grin:

CJ
9th-October-2006, 02:31 PM
SnowWhite, you were the one burning light in a weekend of mediocrity..... :love:

Situation normal, then??
I hope to find out on Sunday!!

Breeze was cool.. some awe inspiring dances:
Top 5 include Pawplay, Miss Conduct, Plum, Frankie some numbers, the inimitable Dr. S and and Spice 'n' Easy :drool:

Highlight of the weekend was having my bare ass spanked in Bristol airport :eek:

More to come when my brain's in gear.... (sometime in 2009??)

SnowWhite
9th-October-2006, 02:53 PM
Highlight of the weekend was having my bare ass spanked in Bristol airport :eek:

Now look what you've done... Had a mass of phonecalls from those wanting to join the queue!!!

Ladies first??? :innocent: :innocent:

Gordon J Pownall
9th-October-2006, 03:30 PM
Just anote to thank all the hardcore mob who stayed until 5am on Sunday morning in the Boudoir - Sal and I had great fun and some great dances there - select little bunch that we weren't as the floor was pretty full from midnight until 5am...!

Some great requests and a lot of music from the road less travelled as well - great fun for both of us DJ'ing that set...but it was the dancers that made it a great slot to host- great musical interpretation and playing with the layers within each track...a sight to see indeed

G...

fletch
9th-October-2006, 03:41 PM
all dares completed

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have caught bird flu...........I wonder which bird it was that gave it to me :(

Patrick
9th-October-2006, 04:47 PM
all dares completed

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have caught bird flu...........I wonder which bird it was that gave it to me :(

I think I've caught it too. I kept bumping into this lovely tall leggy blond bird, but I know she didn't give it to me. :rolleyes: :wink:

Get well soon Fletch. Let me know if you'd like some Vicks rubbing into your chest. :innocent: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I had some great company, a lovely last minute companion, a lot of laughs, a hilarious time on the dodgems Sat night, and fab walk on the beach most of Sunday. Met some of the cowboys/cowgirls. They take the re-enactment thing very seriously. It wasn't Line Dancing! They were :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: when I mentioned that. I think there was some other kind of dancing going on at Brean too, some kind of cross between jive and salsa? I was a bit distracted... Bird flu... :D

I only walked in off the street out of curiosity... I said to one charming lady called Wendy, just as she was heading towards the floor "it's amazing what you can do after only one Ceroc lesson isn't it?" She was my lucky find, but I've lost her again! (Fletch, I hope you can help me out here).

Sad to see lots of men over in all the classes I attended, especially as lots of ladies who wanted to come hadn't been able to get tickets. Best classes for me were the Val & David Blues class (had fab partner), and Marc & Rachel Cuban Blues (no partner, stood out waiting in line most of the time), but a really dreamy style, a first for me.

Had first dance with Taz :respect: :respect: :respect: , watching Taz and Alex reversed roles was amazing. Had a lovely dance with Val Forsey - I think she was pleased I remembered something from the private lesson! Had some amazing dances with my fearless young friend from Devon. We invented a great new drop, in the moment between me trying a vertical kind of move, and she thinking that lying on the floor would be quite nice instead. There are no mistakes, only new moves!

I packed up and left by myself in the rain, my friends had already gone. I felt a bit :sad: :sad: as I drove out alone. Then I was stopped by Mike Ellard, standing at the gate in the rain, handing out bottles of water and wishing everyone goodbye. I nearly :tears: :tears: :tears: .

Thanks Mike, nice touch. :respect: :respect: :respect: (but get more ladies next time!)

Patrick :flower:

DavidY
9th-October-2006, 05:01 PM
AFIK There will be line dancers on-site, but they will have their own dance room and won't be allowed into our dance areas .
Yep, I knew they were doing their own thing whoever they were. And can't access our dance rooms unless they get a hold of some of those snazzy wristbands I guess.
Shame. There could be an opportunity for some cross-over there, at least for beginner line dance classes for MJers. If the line dance weekend teaches any beginner level stuff, of course.Well I can report there was some cross-over.. I certainly danced with one young lady (without a snazzy wristband - the wristband checking wasn't exactly high security) who told me she'd never done a Ceroc lesson. She was really good - probably one of the better MJ dancers in the room at that point.:whistle:

As Martin says, it's a shame there wasn't a more official crossover.

fletch
9th-October-2006, 05:16 PM
Get well soon Fletch. Let me know if you'd like Vick rubbing into your chest. :innocent: :flower: :flower: :flower:

distracted... Bird flu... :D

(Fletch, I hope you can help me out here).

Had first dance with Taz :respect: :respect: :respect: , watching Taz and Alex reversed roles was amazing.

I packed up and left by myself in the rain, my friends had already gone. I felt a bit :sad: :sad: as I drove out alone. Then I was stopped by Mike Ellard, standing at the gate in the rain, handing out bottles of water and wishing everyone goodbye. I nearly :tears: :tears: :tears: .

Thanks Mike, nice touch. :respect: :respect: :respect: (but get more ladies next time!)

Patrick :flower:

Vick :confused: do I know him :wink:

Don't worry Patrick I will find her, if you like her she will be worth the search :flower:

Just a shame it wasn't one of the ladies we were chatting to right at the end of last night, think you could have been in there :whistle:

I will do my post and the photo's tomorrow I have to go to work in a bit, but TAZ and ALEX reverse has to be one of the highlights of the weekend, your performance is worthy of any show case just AWSOM

:respect:

Hey Patrick, i'm happy to see the two Mikes handing out water, that was the two Mikes and not the two Ronnies :D goodness knows how they kept smiling in all that rain.:eek: :sad: 'Bring me sunshine' ho no tha was Morcome and Wise, I'm tired :grin:

Mike Ellard top man :worthy:

and I loved my mug :cheers:

stewart38
9th-October-2006, 05:27 PM
what happened to my post ?

Yes too many men and they were turning women away again ??

Need to think what they are going to do with this caberet same as week before as well

was there 1,200 there seem more like 700/800 ?
Smaller dance floor then camber but lots of room

Had great weekend

didnt like them removing dogims at 9am on sunday must have woken up half the site but nice touch and fun when on

Heating put on the saturday in main ball room, why ??

Ceroc lookis like its going to offer a standard package and i guess its up to people where they go

was it just me but when Mike asked what people thought of the venue the repsonse was very muted. I though the site was fine and not that easy to get lossed

fletch
9th-October-2006, 05:36 PM
I though the site was fine and not that easy to get lossed

why how many time were you told to over the weekend :na:

:rofl:

Lynn
9th-October-2006, 05:38 PM
Back home and want to book another weekender...

As usual, not actually leaving the site over the weekend (I gather there was a beach somewhere. I've been told there is one at Camber and Southport too, must investigate one of these years...) I enjoyed the leisurely route the bus took to the airport, narrow leafy country lanes, lovely views down over a valley and little villages with lots of interesting stone buildings. Also meant I didn't have too long to wait at the airport - and meant I missed the entertainment. :rolleyes:

Only did 1 1/2 classes - WCS. Wish I'd been organised and grabbed someone to do them fixed partner with as I'm sure I'd have learnt more - I think the pace of class was a bit fast, especially in the first class, either that or the guys couldn't see the footwork because a fair few were giving up on the last triple of each move. Thanks to MsFab and KevF who bore with my WCS attempts and who really helped.:flower:

Paul F
9th-October-2006, 06:23 PM
was it just me but when Mike asked what people thought of the venue the repsonse was very muted. I though the site was fine and not that easy to get lossed

I didnt realise he had asked for direct feedback.

I have just finished writing feedback direct to Ceroc.

I didnt think much of the venue at all. Aside from the lovely people a poor weekend for me. I must stress though this was just MY feeling.

TA Guy
9th-October-2006, 08:12 PM
Must admit, after the high of Storm (my first weekender for 6-7 years), I was not swept off my feet, still had a great time tho.

The 'chill out' area was more like a Bus Station, people walking in and out of the main hall, too brightly lit and little ambience at all. That's not my idea of a 'chill out' room.
The main hall was fine except for friday night when the areas I danced in seemed to be coated with glue. I was worried :) They fixed it for sat and sun tho.
Classes were very mixed, not overall as good as Storm (tho, of course, didn't see them all), and not as much variation. Good set of Blues classes tho, the Cuban one was exceptional in every way.
There were a coupla cockups as well, Jive Aces didn't play, the live feed advertised for the chalets just didn't appear.
I think most of the cabaret is going to get very old very quickly if you do a number of Ceroc weekenders. That needs some work somehow.
Music was good. The main hall could have done with a little more variation, and although it didn't bother me, even I noticed the lack of occasional rock and roll numbers, or swing for that matter. Very few tracks of that nature played and there could have been just a few more.
Organisation seemed good as usual, registration was a breeze :) again.
DVD prices were good value.
Brean didn't have seagulls, just ducks, and luckily the ducks didn't have the portable amplifiers strapped to their necks that the gulls do at Camber.
I agree about the numbers, no way was there anywhere near 1200 people there, but that mean't room, even on the Sat night which was excellent.

And we got a Ceroc Escape Mug. What more can you say?

So, maybe coupla stars less than Storm, but still good value and great fun.

Lynn
9th-October-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks to MsFab and KevF who bore with my WCS attempts and who really helped.:flower:And Dizzy too!

And a big thanks to Lou for the lift there from the airport.:hug: That made a lovely start to things for me.

I think it helped that I wasn't at Camber the weekend before and I wasn't comparing this event with anything - just taking it as I found it. I'll admit I wasn't really getting into things at first - but made a determined effort on the Sun night to dance, ask strangers and spend time in each room meeting some new people - and it paid off.

DavidY
9th-October-2006, 08:33 PM
And we got a Ceroc Escape Mug. What more can you say?I thought that was a nice touch - these holiday camps never give you a decent mug, and it's not something you'd think to bring if it was your first time at one of these events (and haven't read the "What to bring" threads on here, of course). Bonus points to whoever thought that one up..:clap:

marty_baby
9th-October-2006, 09:09 PM
Just anote to thank all the hardcore mob who stayed until 5am on Sunday morning in the Boudoir - Sal and I had great fun and some great dances there - select little bunch that we weren't as the floor was pretty full from midnight until 5am...!

Some great requests and a lot of music from the road less travelled as well - great fun for both of us DJ'ing that set...but it was the dancers that made it a great slot to host- great musical interpretation and playing with the layers within each track...a sight to see indeed

G...

Yup totally agree, I loved the boudoir idea... Definate highlight of the weekender. The music put on was amazing... it really set the scene..... no posing... no issues.... just smouching and feeling the music... and messing around just a little bit :na:

Had a brilliant time.... Roomies were cool... Met some really nice new people... got to know others a little better. Wished I had time to do all the workshops... wished I had the energy to last to the end.... i wish.... I wish... :rofl:

All good!

Martin :nice:

Dizzy
9th-October-2006, 09:57 PM
Overall I feel that it was a good weekend - not the best weekender I have been on but it was worth going.

Good Points
The temporary flooring - I found it really well to dance on - thanks guys :respect:
The familiar crowd - It was lovely meeting up with people who you don't see very often.
Surprises - Taking the chance to ask unknown dancers to find unexpectedly good dances
The workshops - I only did 2.5 workshops but 2 of them I did with fixed partners and enjoyed them. I particularly enjoyed the Tag dancing :clap:
The Boudoir - The unofficial blues room - lovely chilled atmosphere, especially when good music was being played :D
Sunday night - By far the best night of the weekend for me, I was on a high the entire night - managed to dance with people I am always too scared to dance with and felt good about it :awe:
The cabarets - The Thriller cabaret was very different but great and Simon and Nicole were just :drool:
The dares - full respect to everyone who completed a dare :respect: :worthy: - You are all great sports.
The little things - The mugs - great idea :flower: and the dodgems were fantastic. Also full respect to Mike Ellard for standing in the rain to say goodbye to everyone with a bottle of water :worthy:

Bad Points
The main room - I did not spend a lot of time in the room but when I did, it was hot, the music was not all that and the majority of the time when I asked someone I didn't know to dance, they tended to yank my arms :sad:. As I said though, there were the unexpected ones.
The official Blues Room - The room was too open and because it was the reeption, you had to walk through it to get anywhere. There was no atmosphere there and nowhere to chill and listen to music. The Boudoir was better.
The workshops - Went to the first WCS class with no fixed partner but had to leave halfway though because the guys had such floppy connections, it was hurting my shoulder :eek:. The 2nd WCS workshop was slightly better.
The food - It was good that they had a sandwich bar on site but the food I had tended to be below par. Also the fish and chips were not great either. I know I should have just cooked but hey, I'm lazy!!
Me living up to my name - I really earned the name Dizzy during this weekend. Apologies to Sheena for spilling her drink nearly over her computer :blush: and to Manal for being very blonde!!

Anyway, didn't mean to go on so long. I hope this has given a rounded view. :clap:

stewart38
9th-October-2006, 10:36 PM
I agree about the numbers, no way was there anywhere near 1200 people there, but that mean't room, even on the Sat night which was excellent.

And we got a Ceroc Escape Mug. What more can you say?

So, maybe coupla stars less than Storm, but still good value and great fun.

A different type of mug for each venue ?

If there was say 700/800 what happen to the rest ? Not moaning there was space to dance but Camber November had 2* the numbers ??

Lory
9th-October-2006, 10:41 PM
I didnt think much of the venue at all. Aside from the lovely people a poor weekend for me.
I totally disagree, I thought the venue was great!:nice:

My apartment was quite nice, (for pontins) it overlooked a field with horses and had a backdrop of rolling hills but it still wasn't too far to walk from the Main venue either and I liked all the chalets being single story, it looked a lot less like a prison camp than Camber.:na:

I'm not sure why but I felt relaxed the moment I arrived, there was none of the usual 'settling in' period, I think maybe it was to do with the intimate atmosphere in the Boudoir?

Like Lynn, I'm glad I hadn't done Bliss the week before. I could sense on the Friday, that some, who'd done both, were still on a natural down and finding it hard to recreate the same high just four days later!:( I reckon two weekenders back to back is a bad idea, one needs at least a week to recover.;)

Music....
There was always music somewhere that suited my taste and at no point did I find it too crowded. I danced in all three rooms but mainly set up camp in the boudoir and alternated between there and the Blues room, it was great that all three rooms were so accessible from each other.
I do agree, it would have been better to somehow screen off a walkway, as it did lack a little atmosphere with people walking through the whole time.

I thought the Gender balance worked very well. The men I spoke to seemed really happy as well, as they weren't run off their feet and even had time to sit and watch, and chat and rest between dances and choose for themselves who they wanted to ask!:cheers:

I loved the temporary flooring, it was perfect for me!:clap:

Personal favourite moments.... Mine and Kev's virtually lead Cha Cha's and WCS's they were hysterical :rofl: and That Tango, I swear there was smoke coming off my feet a the end:really: . And lastly, the Rumba to Somos Novios, it was so perfect that I got all choked up at the end:drool: :tears: :blush: :worthy: :hug:

Amazing sight...As we drove towards the camp, we saw a whole bunch of Cowboy's walking down the street, in full costume, some were even carrying 'riffles'. :what: We spoke to one chap, as he was packing to go home, who proudly announced that he'd spent the last 10days at the camp, at both the Re-enactment and also the line dancing weekender.. I'm not sure if he wanted me to give him a medal?

Dance tokens... What happened about the tokens? (who won?) I was given one by Tiggerbabe (which was lovely) but was anyone actually given one by someone they'd never met before, purely based on the dance they gave?

I completely forgot about the cabaret and missed it, its a shame it wasn't on the DVD:sad:

All in all for me, it was a great weekend, good laughs, great company and so many fabulous men, I was truly spoilt.:cheers: :worthy: :waycool:

P.s. Note to Taz.. remember, I don't like Gammon that squeaks, OK?

Tazmanian Devil
9th-October-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok here goes......

For me this weekend was more about the people and having a really good laugh than the dancing. I met and enjoyed the company of soo many new people this weekend. :clap:

First impressions of the site was great as we pulled in it really had a nice feel to it. Check in was relatively quick especially with WB assisting with my arm band :rofl: We couldn't get into our challetts until 4pm which meant we had to sit in the pub for an hour and a half but that was fine, we ended up actually using the pub as a meeting place and keep the same corner all weekend.

The challetts were a disappointment. They were very small, so small in fact that once the sofa bed was pulled down you could barely get through the front door.

The music throughout the weekend was fantastic, I didn't hear a bad set all weekend so well done guys :clap: :clap:

I didn't like the way the official blues room was set out IMHO it was too open. There was no bar, nowhere to dump your bags and lacked atmosphere. I did spend some time in there but purely because the music played was fab.

Classes, I only done the 2 WCS classes (well done Cruella and Paul) I really enjoyed them and it was made better as I was fixed partnered with Mostly Sane :worthy: (cheers hun) :hug:

The Dogems was a great touch to the weekend :clap: Cheers Mike I spent and hour and a half on there saturday afternoon with lots of forumites and it was great fun!! (sorry Jiveaddicted I kinda feel guilty for that massive bruise on your knee) :blush: Later saturday Myself CentrAlex and DD+ went back on and were later joined by Mike Ellard, David Bradley and Lee :rofl: :rofl: Boy did they get it :rofl: :rofl:

I thorughly enjoyed all the showcases on both nights well done to Alex and Emma, Simon and Nicole The belly dancing lady and the pole dancer for all your efforts.

Sunday night was my best night by far :clap: although it generally is :rolleyes: Had the most amazing dances of the weekend.

It was lovely to meet and dance with some more forumites :clap:
Big thanks to everyone I danced with :D

Even with the few things I have moaned about I havd a fantastic weekend and will definately go back again.

Photos to follow :D

Tazmanian Devil
9th-October-2006, 10:46 PM
Dance tokens... What happened about the tokens? (who won?) I was given one by Tiggerbabe (which was lovely) but was anyone actually given one by someone they'd never met before, purely based on the dance they gave?
That wil be our very own Witty bird. She was going to put it behind the bar but ceroc are sending her a cheque so then she tried using her credit card but the pub didn't take cards *** It wasnt her night :rolleyes:

P.s. Note to Taz.. remember, I don't like Gammon that squeaks, OK?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LMFAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers for making me cry on sunday morning :worthy:

lindyloo
9th-October-2006, 10:49 PM

G...

Gordon, you were definitely the best DJ this weekend. What a great party on Saturday night and was only made so by the music you played. Well done.

I would just like to say that I thought this weekend was the best weekender I've been to for lots of reasons. (and I go not as an organiser but to enjoy!)

I loved the layout of the dance floors, so much more intimate than Camber. I got to know more people in this weekend than I have done at any of the other events. The boudoir was friendly, fun, fantastically positioned and some great music was played in there (I've never managed to find the pub in Camber)

In the main hall, the bar was easier to use and it was nice to sit and watch the dance floor from the raised area, instead of dancing all of the time.

The classes I thought were of a high standard, alot of teachers I have never seen teach before and I was impressed. Would be unfair to name my favourite but I enjoyed the ones I did.

The dodgems were such a good idea (unfortunately not mine) Shame I can't afford them for the Black & White Ball at Ashton’s. I did think that this and the Karaoke add another dimension and mean you actually do other fun things rather than just dance.

Infact I thought most things were better than Camber ~(sorry to those who love Camber) the restaurant was better placed and served nicer food! the accommodation was nicer and the ducks were an added bonus. The blues room I liked and the standard of dancing was high.
(My only moan would be that there should be some faster R & B played, especially in the afternoons, as blues can get a bit monotonous)

Also I want to say thankyou to Wittybird for looking after Aston this weekend and Minnie last weekend. It meant I could get some lessons/dancing in and he's made it known that he loves being with people. 3 1/2 months old and his 2nd weekender! He's now looking forward to the next one.

Lastly I would like to say well done to Mike, Dave & Val (they all work very hard all weekend and in the run up to it) I haven't been able to say any of this to Mike as I saw him only for 4 hrs last night, when he got in at 4am and left the room at 8am to hand the water out. I did try to persuade him to stay in bed but no amount of persuasion would work!

:yeah:

Limpy Tink
9th-October-2006, 11:21 PM
Well... I enjoyed this weekend very much.:cheers: Another good one to Mike Ellard! :respect:

The Good:
:hug: As always, great room mates - plus a great new recruit (Sheena, we can always make room for a wee one, especially one who is talented enough to complete my half finished sentence and who carries "an enormous peni$" around in her bag :rofl: )

:drool: The boudoire - fantastic area to just chill out (unless it's raphael who has you on the floor) when the temp was very hot & steamy!!:wink:

:yeah: Gender balance - IMO def not too many men, I think men are just used to having 100 extra women hanging around! (never great for the women!)

:D Great shoes - Oh how us girls like to shop!!

:worthy: Flooring - best quality yet!

:respect: Music / DJ's (but don't tell "smashey & nicey" - keep them working hard at it) :wink:

:D Marc, R, S & N's tagging class - I'm not sure we kept up with the class, but it gave our 4some a whole new angle on a "variation"!!:rofl:

The Bad:

:blush: Not enough seating in the blues room - especially with tired legs at 4 o'clock on Monday morning.

:blush: My dancing on Sat night! Sorry - suffering from my newly diagnosed syndrome (thank you DR Lory:D ) 'WCH' strikes again - meaning that I had to give in at 3.30am. :sad: as I couldn't keep my balance (and that was without vodka!) but then again - the lighting didn't help.

:blush: Loved the ducks - but the bugger$ just kept eating my trail of bread, making it very difficult to find my way back to the correct challet! But then direction is not my strong point!! :confused:

The Ugly:

The look on Silverfox's face when he realised that Tiggerbabe, Spice 'n' easy & Myself didn't wait for him emerge, as we started tucking into bacon, double sausage, eggs, beans & tomato etc. etc. and he had managed to sleep through all that preparetion! :whistle: :na: (nevermind hun - mini shreddies and all bran hit the spot just the same!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

Funniest dance moments:
:rofl: Dave Rokov & Tiggerbabe's dance in the boudoire - a girl will only go down if she wants to, or if she has a good lead & her legs are not all "weekendered" out! :D

:rofl: Ms Fab's dance with Simon B in the boudoire - each time he dropped to the floor out of your sight, the look on your face was priceless Manal! :respect:

:rofl: Raphael in the boudoire - next time we will sell tickets! :devil: :yum:

Time for bed now - need sleep:yeah: .

Tazmanian Devil
9th-October-2006, 11:26 PM
Pics from weekend Hover over them for names of faces :D

Tazmanian Devil
9th-October-2006, 11:37 PM
More :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:39 AM
And more :nice:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:44 AM
More.................:grin:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:48 AM
Nearly done :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:50 AM
Last one :D :clap:

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 02:22 AM
Back home and want to book another weekender...

As usual, not actually leaving the site over the weekend (I gather there was a beach somewhere. I've been told there is one at Camber and Southport too, must investigate one of these years...)

As a local, I knew the beach was a must-visit. Only about 100 yds from front gate via Seagull pub. 8am Sunday, sun was shining, the tide was right up to the dunes. Spent most of Sunday walking there with a friend, the highlight of my weekend. You can walk up over Brean Down at the N. end of the beach to the disused fort at the promentory. Threatening looking white bulls with long curly horns, but I don't think many people have actually been killed lately. Risk similar to dance floor I would guess! Almost went for a swim, water was still warm. But the tide had turned, and the sea is only safe near high tide - there is quicksand exposed as the tide goes out. Even riskier than the dance floor.

Only did 1 1/2 classes - WCS. Wish I'd been organised and grabbed someone to do them fixed partner with as I'm sure I'd have learnt more - I think the pace of class was a bit fast, especially in the first class, either that or the guys couldn't see the footwork because a fair few were giving up on the last triple of each move. Thanks to MsFab and KevF who bore with my WCS attempts and who really helped.:flower:

Yes I prefer fixed partners if I can arrange it. My point about having men over in all the classes I attended is it's particularly hard for the men to learn the lead if they are standing out half the time. I only *just* kept up in the Cuban Blues class, and some ladies told me I was the only guy in our line who was getting it. No fun for them either.

Paul F
10th-October-2006, 09:57 AM
Just want to give a big hug to dizzy :hug: :hug: It really looks like noone wanted to sit with you :(

As for the weekend itself I may have been a bit harsh in my feedback to Ceroc. Quite a few people have mentioned the great flooring. That was actually one of my negative points but that is purely subjective due to the footwork I 'try' and do for west coast swing. Slides, shines and foot rotations are just not easy on a floor like that. I kept catching my heels :mad:

Ah hell. Im going to give my bullet review :rolleyes:

1. Flooring
I am going to go against the flow and say I didnt like it. Individual 1 foot square tiles mean there are a lot more joining points. These were not all flush! The number of times I caught my heels on them was annoying. However, I guess the majority liked it. I would prefer to see those plywood sheets used but I am assuming they take longer to lay. Interesting trade-off.

2. Flow
Weird and very difficult thing to explain but its something that many people commented on. The flow to the rooms was not there. I think having the temporary flooring for the 'blues room' in the foyer didnt help at all. So many people walking backwards and forwards. Really didnt help with the atmosphere.

3. Music
I really enjoyed pretty much all the music that was played over the weekend. Some fab fab DJs. :clap:

4. Heat
Ahh! the old chestnut. I lost count of how many times I opened the doors to the blues room only to have them closed again. I suppose this is down to noise pollution! It meant that on Sunday night the blues room had got to melting point!
What weekender doesn't suffer from problems of heat though. Not going to label that as too much of a downside.

5. Organisation
As usual with Ceroc, brilliant. Everything you can hope for. Lovely people to help out and dance with. Uniquely outstanding organisation in my book :clap:

6. CHAIRS :mad: :mad: ( a possible contradiction here but I dont know whose idea it was)
Why oh why oh why did the powers that be decide to remove all the chairs and tables from the pub side of the blues room. They were there Friday night.
Sunday night was a prime example of why, for me, this venue in its current guise would never work. At about 3:30 on Sunday night we were evicted from the boudoir (bar) and sent into the vast openness of the cyclone dance zone (blues room). Considering the time and the ever dwindling numbers of people you can imagine what effect a large floor space would have. NO ATMOSPHERE AT ALL.
This was made all the more uncomfortable with the fact that there were only a handful of your run of the mill chairs around two sides of the room.
I dont really want to draw comparisons with other events but a blues room, or chill-out room, should be a place you can go to, well, chill. With everyone standing around and sharing seats ;) it really didnt feel very chilled.

7. Cabarets
I only got to see the ones on the Sunday night. I really enjoyed them. I thought every single person who managed to do the thriller routine deserves a medal (or at least a portion of brain!). That looked like a long routine. To remember all that must have taken a lot of effort. :respect:
I didnt get to see any of the cabaret at Bliss but I do wonder if Ceroc have enough entertainment to fill all of their weekenders.

All in all a decent weekender but I would certainly not say one of the best. Possible potential but, for this little dancer, they need to sort out that blues room.

DavidY
10th-October-2006, 10:32 AM
I lost count of how many times I opened the doors to the blues room only to have them closed again. I suppose this is down to noise pollution!This reminds me - I know it's a hobby-horse of mine but..
:angry: Why did the sound volume in the main room have to be turned up so loud?:angry:
I was wearing ear-plugs and my ears were still ringing by Monday morning (after dancing a mixture between the Main and Cyclone rooms).

I don't entirely buy the argument that DJs should sit there and wait until people complain - sound can go way over safe thresholds before people will pluck up courage.

It's easy enough to go to Maplins (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=sound%20meter&doy=10m10&source=15), and get a sound meter (you'd only need one for all Ceroc Escape events). It would only take a few minutes for someone to take a few measurements round the hall to work out levels that would be lower than the HSE safe limits for a working day (you could be in there for that long if you stayed all night).

I'm sure it's not rocket science...:mad:

Lou
10th-October-2006, 10:36 AM
It's easy enough to go to Maplins (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=sound%20meter&doy=10m10&source=15),
No David. We went to Pontins. Maplins (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/h/hidehi_7773230.shtml) is where they have Yellowcoats. HTH. :flower:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

don't really come on here that much but thought I would check it out...HEY!!

I had a wicked weekend, I didn't think it was going to be as good as Bliss and Storm earlier on in the year but it was for me. Best night had to be Sunday (even though I had lost my DD!) and I really enjoyed doing the Thriller Cabaret, loads of fun.

TAZ :worthy: love ya :kiss: you really made my night on sunday...thanks for looking after me (and getting me drunk) ;) I will quite happily be your biatch anytime you like!! :na:

It was really great to meet loads of new people as well like witty (you owe me £100!!!) and fletch as well, what a mad'un you are!!

Hope to see you all again soon :clap: :clap: :clap:

Al xxxx

TA Guy
10th-October-2006, 10:59 AM
I thought that was a nice touch - these holiday camps never give you a decent mug, and it's not something you'd think to bring if it was your first time at one of these events (and haven't read the "What to bring" threads on here, of course). Bonus points to whoever thought that one up..:clap:

Nod, I agree. In the grand scheme of things, it's tini, but it's something to take home and put in the cupboard.

A different type of mug for each venue ?

If there was say 700/800 what happen to the rest ? Not moaning there was space to dance but Camber November had 2* the numbers ??

I would guess, same mug as had no location or date on it.
I reckon 900, but could be wildly wrong. Maybe some got burnt out at Bliss, or maybe some booked real early with the real cheap options not really caring at the time if they went, but just to give themselves the option. Dunno. A friend of mine was pleased when his 'share with a stranger' had no stranger tho :)

As a local, I knew the beach was a must-visit. Only about 100 yds from front gate via Seagull pub. 8am Sunday, sun was shining, the tide was right up to the dunes. Spent most of Sunday walking there with a friend, the highlight of my weekend. You can walk up over Brean Down at the N. end of the beach to the disused fort at the promentory. Threatening looking white bulls with long curly horns, but I don't think many people have actually been killed lately. Risk similar to dance floor I would guess! Almost went for a swim, water was still warm. But the tide had turned, and the sea is only safe near high tide - there is quicksand exposed as the tide goes out. Even riskier than the dance floor.

By the 'fort', do you mean that hill about 2 miles to the right with the steps up it and concrete somethings ? I didn't read the plaque. Awesome view from up there, and a great place to take some fake ceroc photos with the beach stretching away in the background. Beach was superb, we were there when the tide was out (seemed miles of beach in every direction except the dunes then).
Good pub hundred yards to the left too, really nice tiered garden and did a mean roast (seagull pub?) except they had no cranberry sauce for those of us who had turkey :)
I like the location, the closeness of a few non-pontins shops, bars and takeaways etc. the beach, the walks etc. seemed more than a cut above.

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 10:59 AM
Brean didn't have seagulls, just ducks, and luckily the ducks didn't have the portable amplifiers strapped to their necks that the gulls do at Camber.

They are not seagulls at camber...they're dogs...have you seen the size of them!! :eek:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 11:14 AM
:what: :eek: Taz...I thought you loved me...can't believe that you put that pic of me on there :blush: ...you wait til I see you next...you wait :angry:

stewart38
10th-October-2006, 11:16 AM
This reminds me - I know it's a hobby-horse of mine but..
:angry: Why did the sound volume in the main room have to be turned up so loud?:angry:
I was wearing ear-plugs and my ears were still ringing by Monday morning (after dancing a mixture between the Main and Cyclone rooms).

I don't entirely buy the argument that DJs should sit there and wait until people complain - sound can go way over safe thresholds before people will pluck up courage.

It's easy enough to go to Maplins (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=sound%20meter&doy=10m10&source=15), and get a sound meter (you'd only need one for all Ceroc Escape events). It would only take a few minutes for someone to take a few measurements round the hall to work out levels that would be lower than the HSE safe limits for a working day (you could be in there for that long if you stayed all night).

I'm sure it's not rocket science...:mad:

Get your ears checked !

The volume in main room was fine at all times in all areas, unless you put your ears next to the speakers

Problem with some venues the music isn’t loud enough and my hearing is fine

fletch
10th-October-2006, 11:30 AM
fletch as well, what a mad'un you are!!

Me? mad'un ? are you sure you meen me :rolleyes: I was dressed as ZebraWoman on Saturday night :wink:

They are not seagulls at camber...they're dogs...have you seen the size of them!! :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope your not reffering to me and WB :devil:

Mine, mine, mine :D

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 11:35 AM
Get your ears checked !

The volume in main room was fine at all times in all areas, unless you put your ears next to the speakers

I agree with DavidY - the volume in the main room was definitely too high, and quite possibly dangerous. If you can't have a comfortable conversation with your partner, its too loud. I couldn't.

I will be following DavidY's suggestion and getting a decibel meter soon!

I have a very young but very wise dance mate who was warning me about this recently at Stockport. She wears high tech earpugs and was worried that I didn't. Yes, my ears were ringing after Stockport. My son is a drummer... hope he still wears his earplugs. He does get his hearing checked every couple of years. Many musicians have serious hearing impairment by the time they are 30.

It was also far too hot in the main room, I spent very little time in there.

Patrick :cheers:

fletch
10th-October-2006, 11:41 AM
Yes, my ears were ringing after Stockport.

All our ears were ringing after Stockport :sick: I couldn't even make out the track at one point :sad:

And your wern't in the other two rooms much :confused:

:wink: :D

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 11:51 AM
All our ears were ringing after Stockport :sick: I couldn't even make out the track at one point :sad:
I must have been suffering from sonic attack to the eyeballs too - as u remember I didn't even see you there that night! :sad:

And your wern't in the other two rooms much :confused: :wink: :D

Well all my close friends are telling me I am far too obsessed with dancing I need to get a life, or at least another hobby. So I have.... :wink: :wink: :awe:

Hard to believe, but there is more to life than dancing. Sometimes.

Patrick :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

'Life is on the beach, and then you jive...' To paraphrase somebody...

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 11:55 AM
TAZ :worthy: love ya :kiss: you really made my night on sunday...thanks for looking after me (and getting me drunk) ;) I will quite happily be your biatch anytime you like!! :na:
:eek: Me getting you drunk!!! :eek: I think it was actually you buying me colacube shots (when I don't even drink alcohol) :yum: But hey ho it was good.
Had a real fab sunday too I don't think I have laughed and gone red soo much in a long time thanks babes. :hug: Love ya :hug: :kiss:

:what: :eek: Taz...I thought you loved me...can't believe that you put that pic of me on there :blush: ...you wait til I see you next...you wait :angry:
:na: :na:
I think it's a lovely pic of you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It it much better than the one on your profile :eek: :rofl:
:love: :awe:

Get your ears checked !

:yeah: I totally agree, I didn't have a problem with the level of the volume at all. On Sunday We were in and out of all the rooms all evenimg having 4-5 dances in each then moving round. I didn't find the levels hard to adjust at all. :flower:

stewart38
10th-October-2006, 11:59 AM

But you qualified to stay it was far too noisy all the time :whistle:

DJ did you find it noisy ?? :nice:

Well that’s 2-1 against me I bow to the popular vote

The heaters were on Saturday evening which didn’t help with the already excessive heat

stewart38
10th-October-2006, 12:01 PM
:yeah: I totally agree, I didn't have a problem with the level of the volume at all. On Sunday We were in and out of all the rooms all evenimg having 4-5 dances in each then moving round. I didn't find the levels hard to adjust at all. :flower:

2-2 :respect:

Now what did other think ? re noise in main room

robd
10th-October-2006, 12:25 PM
Good
* Lots of excellent fun dances with so many lovely ladies in all 3 areas. Haven't the time, balls or inclination to list a top 5 a la CJ but there were a number of memorable moments. Lots of new (to me) people I danced with too who I will be looking out for at future events.
* Gender balance and numbers generally meant you could dance if you wished to, relax if you wanted to and drink when you liked to. How refreshing not to have (6 am on Sunday morning notwithstanding) a queue of dance starved followers waiting expectantly at the edge of the floor
* Chalet was fine tho' a bit small when the sofa bed was rolled out. Thanks to DavidY for sharing with me.
* Groovy Dancer subjecting MsFab to a spot of happy clapping :D
* Having a definite finish time (though it was later than the booklet suggested) was good as it forced me to go to bed and meant I wasn't such a quivering wreck as post-Southport.
* Some fantastic leaders to watch and learn from. Simon Rich opened my eyes as he danced with someone who I often have difficulty in leading. He gave her all the space she wanted to play with but was still well in control himself. Simon Bowker has style to die for, Paul Harris remains awesomely smooth and Paul F was, as ever, the master of understatement. Maybe I should change my name to Paul Simon.
* Slow Hand being played not once but twice. :cheers: Tessalicious. Not sure my partners who endured me singing along to it are quite so glad.
* Temporary flooring I found okay. I had real problems with the stuff JiveTime lay at Camber downstairs (always catch my heel) but I found this OK, if a bit fast.
* Cabarets I enjoyed. I still wince every time Nicole's head travels floorwards at a rate of knots :eek: but v entertaining and I loved both the Thriller routine and the Scissor Sisters stroll (especially as I got to dance with Emma P at the end of it :grin: )
* MsFab leading me into ochoes far better than I can lead her :blush:
* Noel's crazy style :clap:
* More WCS taster classes and some attempts at WCS freestyle with very mixed results :what:
* The pole dancer (Genevieve?) :yum:

Bad
* Blues room location not ideal and as others have commented it got quite distracting with people passing back and forth so frequently. Still better than the Camber staircases though.
* The wristbands. Countless times I caught and scratched bare skin on a follower with the overlap part of my band. Is softer material a possibility?
* The wristband tabs. What a daft idea.
* So many followers there that I didn't get to dance with :sad: There's never enough time, is there?
* Some people engaging mouth before putting brain in gear :angry:
* Live TV feed in chalet not working - I soon got sick of Mad Hot Ballroom
* My feet aching more than at any previous weekender. Still sore now.

Ugly
* Sunday carvery. The one time I bought food at the Centre. It was pretty horrid :sick:

Robert

DavidY
10th-October-2006, 12:27 PM
But you qualified to stay it was far too noisy all the time :whistle:The rule of thumb here (http://www.dontlosethemusic.com/home/areyouatrisk/faqs/#Answer289841) is:
if you can’t talk to someone 2 metres away without shouting, the noise level could be damaging.
The main room was definitely louder than that. :whistle:

DavidY
10th-October-2006, 12:30 PM
Bad..
* The wristband tabs. What a daft idea.:yeah: I did wonder if they should have "Well Done!" written on the back.:whistle:

Lee
10th-October-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

don't really come on here that much but thought I would check it out...HEY!!

I had a wicked weekend, I didn't think it was going to be as good as Bliss and Storm earlier on in the year but it was for me. Best night had to be Sunday (even though I had lost my DD!) and I really enjoyed doing the Thriller Cabaret, loads of fun.

Hope to see you all again soon :clap: :clap: :clap:

Al xxxx

Thanks for the dance Alex!!!

Lee

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 12:47 PM
2-2 :respect:

Now what did other think ? re noise in main room

Well I'm not others, but have some ideas...

1. I saw Taz and CentrAlex dancing in the area in between the bar and the main floor, not on the main floor itself. The sound level up there was more tolerable.

2. Obviously, it does depend on where u r in relation to the speakers, how many people are on the floor (people absorb sound), the type of track, and the vol chosen by the particular DJ for that set/track.

3. Peoples perception and tolerance of 'noise' varies greatly. Some are very sensitive to certain frequency bands being louder, or sudden changes. Not dangerous, but can still be intolerable for them. The sound system at Weston-Super-Mare Big bang was a dream, felt blissful. Breeze was like being under attack!

4. You and Taz may be partially deaf already, its very common among young clubbing people these days. Not sure if u are/were a young clubbing person. Maybe you should get your ears tested! :love:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 12:53 PM
1. I saw Taz and CentrAlex dancing in the area in front of the bar, not the main floor. Sound level there was more tolerable.
This was because there was no space on the main floor and we were doing drops and seducers, it wasn't safe for me to do drops on Alex on the main floor so we moved over.

4. You and Taz may be partially deaf already, its very common among young clubbing people these days. Not sure if u are/were a young clubbing person. Maybe you should get your ears tested!

what?? can't hear you can you speak up please :rofl:

Cruella
10th-October-2006, 12:56 PM
The rule of thumb here (http://www.dontlosethemusic.com/home/areyouatrisk/faqs/#Answer289841) is:The main room was definitely louder than that. :whistle:

A good test, Did anyone hear me laughing in the main room?
No? Then it was too loud!! :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
10th-October-2006, 12:58 PM
4. You and Taz may be partially deaf already, its very common among young clubbing people these days.I think you've just made Stewart's day!

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 01:04 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope your not reffering to me and WB :devil:

Mine, mine, mine :D

Would I!!

Lynn
10th-October-2006, 01:06 PM
Flooring
I am going to go against the flow and say I didnt like it. Individual 1 foot square tiles mean there are a lot more joining points. These were not all flush! The number of times I caught my heels on them was annoying. I found it OK generally - but noticed the joints when I was doing any slidey steps and esp when doing tango.

Music
I really enjoyed pretty much all the music that was played over the weekend. Some fab fab DJs. :clap: I also thought there was a great range of music - if I heard a song I didn't especially want to dance to in one room, I could wander to another room and find one I did like. I spend several hours doing this at one point on Sun night - not sitting out a full track at all during that time. The closeness of the rooms was a plus factor in that respect. The music was great. I especially loved the fact that I heard and got to dance to songs I didn't know in the Boudoir - great to have the pleasure and fun of new tracks to play with.

Sunday night was a prime example of why, for me, this venue in its current guise would never work. At about 3:30 on Sunday night we were evicted from the boudoir (bar) and sent into the vast openness of the cyclone dance zone (blues room). Considering the time and the ever dwindling numbers of people you can imagine what effect a large floor space would have. NO ATMOSPHERE AT ALL.
This was made all the more uncomfortable with the fact that there were only a handful of your run of the mill chairs around two sides of the room.
I dont really want to draw comparisons with other events but a blues room, or chill-out room, should be a place you can go to, well, chill. With everyone standing around and sharing seats ;) it really didnt feel very chilled. I wonder if this was a ploy to make people give up earlier and go to bed because they wanted to end soon? I know I left at 4am, despite still having some energy and there being good music, because I felt the atmosphere in there wasn't as good as the Boudoir had been and it was going to leave my weekend experience on a low, rather than a chilled 'wind down'.

In fact I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the weekend as much if there hadn't been the Boudoir.

I also liked the mug - I did have my plastic mug with me anyway, but I thought it was a really good idea.

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the dance Alex!!!

Lee

No probs! LOL!!! :cheers:

Lory
10th-October-2006, 01:10 PM
I loved my mug :cheers:I love mine too :na:

I though the site was fine and not that easy to get lossedIs that the same as getting LOST? :whistle: :D

The challetts were a disappointment. From what I can see, there seems to be a much wider contrast in standards between the Basic and the club chalets than at Camber and S'P. :cool:

I reckon 900, ~snip~ A friend of mine was pleased when his 'share with a stranger' had no stranger tho :)
I know some people who even book for a bogus extra person, to get a bigger chalet all to themselves :innocent:

(Sheena, we can always make room for a wee one, especially one who is talented enough to complete my half finished sentence and who carries "an enormous peni$" around in her bag :rofl: ) She's one in a Million that girl! :wink: :worthy:

:yeah: Gender balance - IMO def not too many men, I think men are just used to having 100 extra women hanging around! (never great for the women!):yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

:blush: My dancing on Sat night! Sorry - suffering from my newly diagnosed syndrome (thank you DR Lory:D ) 'WCH' strikes again Don't be sorry :devil: .. you have a syndrome to be proud of! :worthy: Be sure to announce it with pride and an air of snootyness next time!! :wink: :waycool: :rofl:

I have to be honest, I didn't notice the volume being too high :confused:
Great dances BTW! :cheers:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
This was because there was no space on the main floor and we were doing drops and seducers, it wasn't safe for me to do drops on Alex on the main floor so we moved over.

Saying this Taz, we were right by the stage at the beginning of the night and our "All That Jazz" dance was near the DJ and at 1 point right in front of the DJ...I felt that the noise levels were fine but then I like it loud and fast!!!! :yum:

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 01:13 PM

Very wise! And the floor was wonderfully slidy!

OK Taz. I will admit to you, and no-one else, the real reason I am so antsy today. I wanted to ask Alex for a dance, but I didn't pluck up the courage! Now I'm kicking myself. :tears: :tears: :tears: Thanks for posting the pics... but I like Alex's better than mine!

what?? can't hear you can you speak up please :rofl:

I SAID... thank you Taz, ur a star. :kiss: :kiss:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:19 PM
Saying this Taz, we were right by the stage at the beginning of the night and our "All That Jazz" dance was near the DJ and at 1 point right in front of the DJ...I felt that the noise levels were fine but then I like it loud and fast!!!! :yum:
Ahh yes "All that Jazz" what a wonderful dance that was :clap: although all dances Sunday night were great :hug:
I think you missed at the back of the room, round each corner of the Blues room, somewhere in the middle, both sides of the pub :rofl: :rofl: I had no problem with the noise levels at all each area we dance in it sounded just as good, no ringing yet :rofl:

OK Taz. I will admit to you, and no-one else, the real reason I am so antsy today. I wanted to ask Alex for a dance, but I didn't pluck up the courage! Now I'm kicking myself. :tears: :tears: :tears: Thanks for posting the pics... but I like Alex's better than mine!
You should have asked him, he would have happily danced with you...
He lurves being the b1tch :rofl:

I SAID... thank you Taz, ur a star. :kiss: :kiss:

:hug:

Lee
10th-October-2006, 01:20 PM
No probs! LOL!!! :cheers:

Hey Alex, I'm thinking of learning to follow at Ceroc, any tips seeing you do it so well:worthy: :worthy:

:cheers:

Why did we clear the dance floor though? :confused:

Lee

robd
10th-October-2006, 01:21 PM
no ringing yet :rofl:

There is. You just can't hear it.

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Alex, I'm thinking of learning to follow at Ceroc, any tips seeing you do it so well:worthy: :worthy:
I will lead you babes :devil:

There is. You just can't hear it.

WHAT??!!! Speak up please :flower:

Lynn
10th-October-2006, 01:22 PM
Dance tokens... What happened about the tokens? (who won?) I was given one by Tiggerbabe (which was lovely) but was anyone actually given one by someone they'd never met before, purely based on the dance they gave?Yep. My chalet mate got some. I didn't get any* or give any out - though had a few dances where I definitely could have!

*but I did get chocolates. I know which I'd prefer!

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 01:26 PM

:cheers:

Why did we clear the dance floor though? :confused:

Lee

Just relax into it and be lead...don't anticipate...I found that the first few times I really went for it as a follower was after copious amounts of alcohol...blessed JD and coke!! I don't really know what tips to give...find a mate and stand at the side of the class and learn the womans part from there!!

Don't know why we cleared the floor...we must have looked good or something (unless everyone was watching in disgust) :sick:

I had fun!!

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 01:30 PM
(Re CentrAlex) You should have asked him, he would have happily danced with you...
He lurves being the b1tch :rofl:

That's what I thought. That's why I'm kicking myself! Ah well, next time, watch out Alex! Had some fun dances with Richard B.

So Taz, do u lead DT?.... :innocent:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 01:35 PM
So Taz, do u lead DT?.... :innocent:

Yup lead Alex and Fletch on sunday that was fun :rofl: :rofl:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 01:59 PM
That's what I thought. That's why I'm kicking myself! Ah well, next time, watch out Alex! Had some fun dances with Richard B.

Watch out!! I would but as I am really bad with names and faces...the putting them together bit...I probably won't have any idea of who you are!!

look forward to it though!! :what:

WittyBird
10th-October-2006, 02:00 PM
A good test, Did anyone hear me laughing in the main room?
No? Then it was too loud!! :whistle:

You could be heard laughing in Bristol! But no I don't think anyone thought the music was too loud :whistle:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 02:00 PM
Yup lead Alex and Fletch on sunday that was fun :rofl: :rofl:

I must have been drunk by then as I don't really have much recollection of that dance...I remember trying to double spin quite unsuccessfully!! :rofl:

Lory
10th-October-2006, 02:02 PM
I found that the first few times I really went for it as a follower was after copious amounts of alcohol...blessed JD and coke!!

Oh yesss, I couldn't agree more! :yum: It works wonders! :D

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 02:03 PM
I must have been drunk by then as I don't really have much recollection of that dance...I remember trying to double spin quite unsuccessfully!! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

It was before redbull :rofl:

Unsucessfull double spin??? I don't remember that :confused: I remember an unsucessful triple spin though LMAO :rofl:

robd
10th-October-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't really know what tips to give...find a mate and stand at the side of the class and learn the womans part from there!!

And give yourself about 10 years to get anywhere near as impressive when spinning as CentrAlex.....

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 02:15 PM
And give yourself about 10 years to get anywhere near as impressive when spinning as CentrAlex.....

:blush: shucks!! :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 02:17 PM
:blush: shucks!! :blush:

You embarresed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That'll be a first :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*falls off chair*

WittyBird
10th-October-2006, 02:25 PM
Also I want to say thankyou to Wittybird for looking after Aston this weekend and Minnie last weekend.

Yeah Minnie took a lot more looking after :wink:

Seriously though it was a pleasure, brought back memories of my (nearly 11year old) daughter when she was a babe in arms :awe: Don't think she'd appreciate being bottle fed and walked in a pram now!

My take on the weekend, well it was fun I did more socialising, chatting and Chilling than anything else but I enjoyed it. I did However prefer Bliss. I thought the venue was nice, didn't like the blues room, nowhere near the atmosphere of Camber or SP. I preferred the Boudoir :D

All in all though another well organised event :worthy: When's the next one? :rofl:

Raphael
10th-October-2006, 02:28 PM
:drool: The boudoire - fantastic area to just chill out (unless it's raphael who has you on the floor) when the temp was very hot & steamy!!:wink:

I dont know what you mean:yum:

:rofl: Raphael in the boudoire - next time we will sell tickets! :devil: :yum:

Must have been another Raphael :wink:, either that or I was haveing a lot of fun :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you, for playing so well !!!! :whistle:

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 02:36 PM
Watch out!! I would but as I am really bad with names and faces...the putting them together bit...I probably won't have any idea of who you are!!

look forward to it though!! :what:

Mmmm... but I know who you are! :D (We were both buying drinks for a mutual young friend in the Boudoir late Sun nite) I have a new friend who goes to Northampton/Daventry, so may well see you soon. Just watched your Flashdance routine on the Breeze and 2006 Champs DVDs. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 02:41 PM
Mmmm... but I know who you are! :D (We were both buying drinks for a mutual young friend in the Boudoir late Sun nite)

and what mutual friend would that be???

I have a new friend who goes to Northampton/Daventry, so may well see you soon. Let me know when you are coming up and will see if I recognise you!!

Just watched your Flashdance routine on the Breeze and 2006 Champs DVDs. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: thanks :D

laterz!!

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 02:48 PM
but then I like it loud and fast!!!! :yum:

We're still talking about dancing here, right? :innocent:

CentrAlex
10th-October-2006, 02:52 PM
We're still talking about dancing here, right? :innocent:

:eek: What else would we be talking about!? :whistle: :innocent:

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 02:53 PM
laterz!!

I will send you a PM!

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 02:55 PM
I will send you a PM!

Will you send one to anyone else?? :rofl: :rofl:

Frankie_4711
10th-October-2006, 03:01 PM
Breeze was cool.. some awe inspiring dances:
Top 5 include Pawplay, Miss Conduct, Plum, Frankie some numbers, the inimitable Dr. S and and Spice 'n' Easy :drool:

:blush: Thank you! You were pretty darn fab yourself!:hug:

And a big thanks for all the other great dances I had with so many of you - too many to mention them all (especially as I didn't even know that half of them were Forumites at the time ... again!), but extra special :worthy: to Robd and Trousers for being so wonderful soooo many times!

fletch
10th-October-2006, 03:05 PM
:yeah: I did wonder if they should have "Well Done!" written on the back.:whistle:

Yes and then Barry the "refuser" :devil: could have given me one, as he did keep saying 'ho you can dance then' :na: cheeky g!t, and he's keeping the nick name :wink:

:rofl:

4. You may be partially deaf already, its very common among young clubbing people these days.

S38 young and clubbing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry Patrick the sound was fine :na:

Yep. My chalet mate got some. I didn't get any* or give any out - though had a few dances where I definitely could have!

*but I did get chocolates. I know which I'd prefer!

I neaver got one :tears: or the token :wink:

and I tought the chocolates were a lovely gustier, that's the type of thing I would do, it must be us Brumies, he thought you were loverly, thank you :hug:

TheTramp
10th-October-2006, 03:08 PM
:eek: What else would we be talking about!? :whistle: :innocent:

I have no idea. That's why I was checking! I'm very shy and innocent you know! :innocent:

Patrick
10th-October-2006, 03:15 PM
Will you send one to anyone else?? :rofl: :rofl:

Well I think it's about time I gave you one! :D :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 03:37 PM
Well I think it's about time I gave you one! :D :rofl: :rofl:

:eek:

OXO'S
10th-October-2006, 05:47 PM
To alex and taz, i saw both of you dancing on sunday night and i have to say it was truly amazing stuff to watch, why dont you two put a routine together for cabaret it would fit any weekender in the country.
And yes i didnt have to spend a penny to watch it.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 06:01 PM
To alex and taz, i saw both of you dancing on sunday night and i have to say it was truly amazing stuff to watch, why dont you two put a routine together for cabaret it would fit any weekender in the country.
And yes i didnt have to spend a penny to watch it.:clap: :clap: :clap:

:blush: Thanks babes :blush: :blush:

*runs away to hide* :blush:

Lee
10th-October-2006, 06:35 PM
Just relax into it and be lead...don't anticipate... I don't really know what tips to give...find a mate and stand at the side of the class and learn the womans part from there!!

Don't know why we cleared the floor...we must have looked good or something (unless everyone was watching in disgust) :sick:

I had fun!!

Actually I hadn't thought of that, I can find a female mate that wants to lead and stand at the back and fix with her, cheers. :cool:

No not in disgust :rofl: loads of people came up to me later to say that they really enjoyed watching our dance. I was told later on that you're called 'tornado' and realised I didn't lead many spins for you sorry :(

Yer i enjoyed it, you're better than most women at following :worthy: (as i run for cover) sorry ladies.

Lee :cheers:

WittyBird
10th-October-2006, 06:49 PM
you're better than most women at following :worthy: (as i run for cover) sorry ladies.

And a better lead than *certain* men. :na:

Donna
10th-October-2006, 07:07 PM
I thought this was a fab weekend (even though I forgot my bloody dance shoes! - and it was my first dance weekender too! :eek: Yeah I know! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Highlights

Pole dancing - (pics to follow shortly of me and Lyndsey doing it in our bikinis.) Yeah we had a few strange looks but I explained to the teacher that it was a dare set..by myself :o omg. & Marty Baby of course. At least it was easier to stick to the pole though! :blush:

Cabaret - Emma Petit is an absolute genius when it comes to choreography! :respect: well done to all those who took part - you looked amazing!

Simon & Nicole - aww :awe: what a lovely couple! Thanks for the chat and your performance was stunning as ever! :hug:

Blues & Latin room - some really good tunes going in there, but, shame about the floor. It was a little uneven wasn't it? Had a luurvely dance with Paul F (very smooooooth :drool: ) and David Rockov. Thank you. :kiss: aaaah - not forgetting Roger chin!! :worthy:

Forumites - was nice to meet a few forumites. Tess, patrick, Silverfox (cheers for the dances!:hug: ) & Taz.......

Taz and Alex - just watching them two dance together was amazing! God Alex where did you learn to spin like that!!!! :eek: Taz, you really show a lot of the guys out there how it should be done!! :eeks: sorry guys! :o :hug:

& lastly - a new pair of dance shoes!! - yep, I didn't get a new pair of shoes until the Sunday as the ones they had on Saturday were.. well, erm, crap? :rofl: (only because they didn't have any in my size!!! :mad: ) At least I had a good dance on the Sunday night. I was in bare foot most of friday and sat, and now the blisters are going down nicely.

I'd love to do this one again next year! :clap:

Minnie M
10th-October-2006, 07:24 PM
........ you're better than most women at following ......

If you are talking about Alex, as in Emma & Alex - I was transfixed on him following at Bliss a couple of weeks ago - by far the best male follower I have ever seen:worthy: . He actually dances like a female, as apposed to most men who either look like teapot to a child who has just learned to walk or someone who is desparate to use the loo (or done it already:sick: ) - and most don't actually follow :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-October-2006, 07:32 PM
If you are talking about Alex, as in Emma & Alex - I was transfixed on him following at Bliss a couple of weeks ago - by far the best male follower I have ever seen:worthy: . He actually dances like a female, as apposed to most men who either look like teapot to a child who has just learned to walk or someone who is desparate to use the loo (or done it already:sick: ) - and most don't actually follow :rolleyes:

Yes that be him. By far my best follower of the weekend :clap:

Cruella
10th-October-2006, 08:01 PM
My summary:
Journey good, apart from listening to Robd laughing the whole 2 hours! I bought him a huge bag of really chewy toffees to eat on the way, but that still didn't shut him up!
Arrived at the resort, seemed to be a massive gale force wind blowing!! (I guess that was why it was called Breeze):rolleyes:
Check in, was as per usual with the Ceroc events, fast and efficient.
Dropped of stuff at the chalets which were not as nice as Camber or Southport, but adequate.
Met up with my chalet mates, The Harris Brothers. Went to the pub for a non dancing start to the weekend. Took all of 30 minutes before we were up and dancing.:D
The friday night was disappointing for me, i really couldn't get into the 'zone' at all. I even went to bed early (about 3.30am) which is unheard of for me.
Saturday night was better, but still not as good as i'd normally expect on a weekender. But Sunday was a corker!!
The music was awesome on the sunday night, lots of new stuff to me, which was great.
I have a theory that on sunday all the teachers, demos, staff are on a high as they have finished with all their work and therefore let their hair down and it creates a buzz within the rooms. Also the 'punters' know they are going home the next day so are out to have a really good time.
I think instead of doing 4 weekenders a year, i'll do 12, but just go for the sunday nights!
I have to agree that the Chillout room really didn't work. I think it would have worked better to just have the Boudoir and Main room.
But as a whole it was another well organised Ceroc event, but not neccesarily one that i'll have on my list of 4 for next year.
Thanks to all, for the dances and laughs, it's great to spend time with so many of my favourite people. (Does that sound too gushy?:rolleyes:)

Yes and then Barry the "refuser" could have given me one, as he did keep saying 'ho you can dance then' cheeky g!t, and he's keeping the nick name
I was quite disappointed when he actually said yes to me! For 2 years he's refused me and he's taken all the fun out of asking him anymore.:rolleyes:

Kev F
10th-October-2006, 08:38 PM
I had a bloody fantastic weekend.

Every weekender I've ever been to is sooo different from the last and this was no exception.........

For a start, I loved the way the forumites were sprinkled around the venue so I could sample different delights in alternative locations. I danced in all three rooms and the wasn't a bad dance in sight.

The biggest difference this time was a more relaxed atmosphere. The seating area in the boudoir was perfect and gave me the opportunity to actually get to know some of the friendly faces, whilst sipping my JD. :nice: I paced myself well and my weekend was better for it. Needless to say, the gender balance is a key factor to avoid crashing and burning too early in the evening.

It was good to see plenty of available men for the ladies and good for the men not needing to fight them off (Not that I've had this pleasure yet, but I've been told about it!)
As for the dancing...It was great time to consolidate, experiment and enjoy. I actually thought the 'chill out lounge' was very well set up for a few reasons:

1. The floor space was larger than normal which allowed one to be more flamboyant if they were taken by such urges :blush:
2. I honestly believe that it encouraged other cerocers to join in the blues room culture, as the access was via this area. This is important to me, as it wasn't that long ago that I wouldn't of even dared to open the door to a blues room. My belief is, that ceroc continually needs this injection of new blood in order to expand and improve its events. If the chill out area becomes an elitist area, then it will eventually shrivel and die. I personally welcome the openess of these areas...although I won't disagree that a degree of atmosphere was lost as a default action:sad:
3. The quality of dancers was very good and I think the merging of the different standards/styles within the 'chill out lounge' will produce a higher overall standard of ceroc hybrid.
4. The 'chill-out lounge' music covered an array of styles from blues, WCS, latin & tango which accomodated most peoples tastes.

BUT......the access to the main room should have been a clear route to avoid the pathway through the dance floor.

In summary, I had great times with everyone and enjoyed every experience. Also, thanks to those who tolerated my experimental dancing. (Sorry lory:hug: ):D

Lost Leader
10th-October-2006, 09:58 PM
This was my first week-ender and I really enjoyed it despite maintaining a fairly low profile (well you can't run before you can walk)
Highlights for me:Organisation very smooth and efficient, Mike E. handing out water in the rain on Monday morning, Music great all weekend (well done to all DJ's), some excellent classes, Boudoir on Sunday night - great atmosphere and a privilege to watch so many fantastic dancers, Chalet - went with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised that it was relatively clean, everything worked and it was very quiet and peaceful so no trouble sleeping. Fact that all 3 dance areas were so close together was also a very good thing making it very easy to move between them as the mood took you.

The blues room conundrum; On the plus side the fact that this was not a separate closed room made it feel very inclusive and definitely encouraged people to join in. It was also pretty cool temperature wise and had quite a large area to dance in. On the minus side it did lack atmosphere partly because it was effectively also the main entrance corridor and constantly had people trecking up and down both sides. The lack of tables and limited number of chairs did not help either nor did the harsh lighting in the day time though things were better at night. The situation would have been much improved if there had been a separate entrance to the main room from the outside and if there had been some more chairs and tables provided at the reception end.

Minus points - nothing too serious really. Would perhaps have beenn nice to know in advance that the chalets would not be available until at least 4:00 pm, shame that the DVD had no freestyle or cabaret footage but apart from that it is good), main room a bit too hot (no real surprise there) and volume of music just a touch too high for me (probably my age but I found it pretty difficult to hear what anyone said to me).

The boudoir was great but could have been even better if the lighting had been less bright over the dance area. I also have to give massive :respect: for Fletch's outfits - incredibly stylish.

Looking forward to the next one.

Lynn
10th-October-2006, 11:10 PM
I honestly believe that it encouraged other cerocers to join in the blues room culture, as the access was via this area. This is important to me, as it wasn't that long ago that I wouldn't of even dared to open the door to a blues room. My belief is, that ceroc continually needs this injection of new blood in order to expand and improve its events. If the chill out area becomes an elitist area, then it will eventually shrivel and die. I personally welcome the openess of these areas...although I won't disagree that a degree of atmosphere was lost as a default action:sad: I hadn't thought of this - good point. Several people said to me that they felt they weren't experienced enough in blues to venture into the boudoir - the 'chill out' room was literally a 'middle ground' for these people. A place to experiment on a bigger, more open dance area on which there was a mix of experience and dance ability. A good thing. :D

And to add to all the other comments - I also thought Taz and Alex looked fab.

CentrAlex
11th-October-2006, 12:04 AM
Actually I hadn't thought of that, I can find a female mate that wants to lead and stand at the back and fix with her, cheers. :cool:

No not in disgust :rofl: loads of people came up to me later to say that they really enjoyed watching our dance. I was told later on that you're called 'tornado' and realised I didn't lead many spins for you sorry :(

Yer i enjoyed it, you're better than most women at following :worthy: (as i run for cover) sorry ladies.

Lee :cheers:

And a better lead than *certain* men. :na:

I thought this was a fab weekend (even though I forgot my bloody dance shoes! - and it was my first dance weekender too! :eek: Yeah I know! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Highlights

Forumites - was nice to meet a few forumites. Tess, patrick, Silverfox (cheers for the dances!:hug: ) & Taz.......

Taz and Alex - just watching them two dance together was amazing! God Alex where did you learn to spin like that!!!! :eek: Taz, you really show a lot of the guys out there how it should be done!! :eeks: sorry guys! :o :hug:

Yes that be him. By far my best follower of the weekend :clap:

Thanks you guys :blush: :blush: Big part was taz though...couldn't have done it without you hun x :hug:

Look forward to seeing you all again and now I am on here...getting to know who you all are...putting a forum name to a face and an actual name!!

Laterz x

Tazmanian Devil
11th-October-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks you guys :blush: :blush: Big part was taz though...couldn't have done it without you hun x :hug:

:hug: Thanks babes :hug:

*head getting rather big now* :blush:

:love:

robd
11th-October-2006, 08:47 AM
Journey good, apart from listening to Robd laughing the whole 2 hours!

I kept catching sight of your face in the mirror :what:

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2006, 11:21 AM
I had a fab weekend :D

Huge thanks to Spice "n" Easy for picking us up at the airport - I'm sure more will follow about "that" flight with CJ :eek:

Brill chalet-buddies, that Limpy Tink cooks a mean breakfast :drool:

Little bit of a panic making it there in time for my first set, but thankfully got to the main room with about 5 minutes to spare :o

Had some amazing dances this weekend (thanks Mr Baker :hug: ) although the one with Smashie (Dave R) in the Boudoir on Sunday will take some beating :rofl:

I loved the temporary flooring too, great to dance on, and much better than any temporary stuff I've danced on in the past.

I know that John did ask the Pontin's staff to put out chairs and tables in the Cyclone Room :( I liked the room though, especially Saturday and Sunday nights. Friday was a bit hectic with people coming to check in, but hey, it's got to be done sometime :)

The boudoir was excellent, even during the Karaoke :rofl:

Had some cool dances in the main room too, but it just got a bit too hot :wink:

The centre staff were very helpful too, especially that girl behind the bar in the boudoir who kept finding me more drink :wink:

Great music all weekend - Smashie and Nicey - loving your work :hug:

Val - fantastic bra - that's dedication :respect:

:worthy: to John Baker, Mike Ellard, Val Forsey, and all the other crew members who worked their tails off all weekend.

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2006, 11:24 AM
The Good:
especially one who is talented enough to complete my half finished sentence and who carries "an enormous peni$" around in her bag :rofl: )

I've got a "Big Bamboo" in there too, but didn't want to upset the boys :wink: :whistle:

Lory
11th-October-2006, 11:30 AM
The centre staff were very helpful too, especially that girl behind the bar in the boudoir

:yeah: In fact all the bar staff in the Boudoir were really lovely.:worthy: I didn't even have to tell one of guys what I wanted, he simply remembered me and what I drank! :worthy:

Actually, come to think about it.. what does that say about ME?:really: :blush: :rofl:

Lory
11th-October-2006, 11:32 AM
I've got a "Big Bamboo" in there too, but didn't want to upset the boys :wink: :whistle:

I've seen you with your Pogo stick too, remember! :wink:

robd
11th-October-2006, 11:33 AM
Val - fantastic bra - that's dedication :respect:

:yum:

David Bailey
11th-October-2006, 01:17 PM
Re: Blues room:

2. I honestly believe that it encouraged other cerocers to join in the blues room culture, as the access was via this area. This is important to me, as it wasn't that long ago that I wouldn't of even dared to open the door to a blues room. My belief is, that ceroc continually needs this injection of new blood in order to expand and improve its events. If the chill out area becomes an elitist area, then it will eventually shrivel and die. I personally welcome the openess of these areas...although I won't disagree that a degree of atmosphere was lost as a default action:sad:
Interesting point.

One unarguable factor about the Blues Room in Southport is that it's difficult to get in / out when coming from the other rooms; there are just two narrow entrances to the room from inside. Also, there are a lot of people looking in from outside the room, like looking at strange exotic animals at a zoo or something :innocent: - so you need a bit of chutzpah to put yourself on display like that.

To me, these physical layout factors definitely inhibit people from joining in.

fletch
11th-October-2006, 01:23 PM
like looking at strange exotic animals at a zoo or something :innocent: - so you need a bit of chutzpah to put yourself on display like that.

:rofl: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2006, 01:24 PM
How could I have forgotten? :blush: Fletch on Friday night - wow! What an amazing outfit - you looked stunning :respect:

CJ
11th-October-2006, 01:26 PM

:yum:

I keep checking this thread out to get Rob's view on pornography on the telly, but it hasn't happened yet!!?!!:confused:

:whistle: :whistle:

Katie Kicks Ass
11th-October-2006, 02:07 PM
Ceroc Jock, Pornography=awesome.
Breeze was lots of fun, thanx jiveaddicted for all those lovely dances.
Free dodgems was a brilliant idea, i made lots of friends on them, and had fun winding up my little sis. Next time I'm wearing my seat belt (whiplash hurts).
Anyone goin press-dat-in (i cnt spell it)
:respect:

fletch
11th-October-2006, 02:12 PM
BREEZE

Friday night I couldn't quite get into the zone either, and I think it was because we were all dispersed, and hadn't done the bonding thing.:hug:

Saturday I had a FAB time, the afternoon freestyle was brilliant well done OXO'S I didn't wan't it to end and it seem neither did anyone else, so quite a few of us went into the blues room to continue the dancing,:clap: I had some wonderful dances with Noel he is such fun,:respect: and decided to get my kissing dares out the way:blush: just leaving the cuffs for the evening.:wink:

I was really in the Zone on Saturday........well until Rob Ambridge played the Last Waltz at the end of his set, it reminded me of dancing as a little girl with my father :tears: but a wonderful set :worthy:

The cabertet on the evening was amazing well done everyone.:respect:

I managed to get Mike Ellard as he came off the stage with the cuffs,:na: what a sport. :flower:

I ended up catching a cold so wasn't at me best on the Sunday,:sad: but I did manage to do the rounds making sure I hadn't missed a dances with any of my local guy's, that havn't yet ventured into the blues room's.:flower:

highlights

the kareoke,? :blush: Jim Ellard singing Neil Diamond, i'm a big Neil Diamond fan just glad it wasn't 'love on the rocks' :tears: it didn't seem to stop me :tears: thanks for the:hug: Mike.

Most fun dance was with Shay, we have danced before but we had loads of room to play, especially when Shay ran onto the floor slid on his knees and did the splits, before springing up.:eek: :respect: :worthy: :rofl:

I'm now not scared of PaulF we had some lovely dances. :cheers:

Giving Barry the 'refuse'er' loads of stick for his cr&p excuses why he couldn't dance with me,:sad: 'no I don't like the look of you' would have been more honest,:rolleyes: but it was good fun giving him stick.:devil: he took it well.:wink:

I

had no problem with gender balance if I carn't get a partner there is allways my handbag. :yeah:

No problem with sound, heat, floor, or chairs, I just grabbed one from the side.:what:

Bar staff were wonderfull :cheers:

I would like to thank all the organisers for there effort it was spot on.:respect: You were all very visable and approachable.:yeah:

Miss Conduct
11th-October-2006, 02:34 PM
I keep checking this thread out to get Rob's view on pornography on the telly, but it hasn't happened yet!!?!!:confused:

:whistle: :whistle:

Yeah Rob, how did it compare? - shame you couldn't pause the best bits... :wink:

Patrick
11th-October-2006, 02:37 PM
BREEZE

Giving Barry the 'refuse'er' loads of stick for his cr&p excuses why he couldn't dance with me,:sad: 'no I don't like the look of you' would have been more honest,:rolleyes: but it was good fun giving him stick.:devil: he took it well.:wink:

I can't imagine these excuses..

Too tall, too blond, too scary? :eek: :mad:

Or too nice, too genuine, too friendly... :awe: :wink:

Jus decided not to go to Brit Rock. :cheers:

fletch
11th-October-2006, 02:40 PM
I can't imagine these excuses.. Too tall, too blond, too scary? :eek: :mad: Or too nice, too genuine, too friendly... :awe: :wink:

Jus decided not to go to Brit Rock. :cheers:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: thank you :flower:

so does that meen you are coming to Derby

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

and the 't' dance :hug:

Patrick
11th-October-2006, 03:04 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: thank you :flower:

so does that meen you are coming to Derby

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

and the 't' dance :hug:

Yep! At least I know there will be friends there. :hug: :kiss:

(PS Tried to pay my £20, can't get PayPal to work. Still don't know who 'S' is!)

Trousers
11th-October-2006, 03:19 PM
Bar staff were wonderfull :cheers:

Yeah one even tried to ID me! :grin:

Didn't know whether or not to knock his block off or kiss him or just inform him I was old enough to be his dad!

:waycool:

Different atmosphere to JiveAddiction and JiveTime events.

Some of the Ceroc Teachers are superb I will admit but as you can see these people - Venue permitting - in the week just teaching as per normal there was no WOW factor in the lesson line up for me. With the opposition able to pick and choose independants this WOW factor is easier to achieve I think.

However I did have a good time and some lovely dances.

I even got given a little yellow number 1 by a lady in the blues foyer - that was a highlight! Felt quite flattered. No Phone numbers though :tears:

And you lot in the Blues Bar - You are like putting on an old comfortable glove. Walk into the Bar and Someone is gonna ask you to dance - :cheers:
Always nice

On the Whole . . . . . . . . Hmmmm Good but. . . . is the abundance of Jive weekend events going to thin out the uptake. Anyone else got that niggly worry that the ceroc machine is going flatten the market? I think Storm will run and run but I reckon thats on the back of Franco and RebelRoc's effort and the Scottish Ones will (a gap in the market up there methinks). I personally think I may tend more toward the Devil I Know - Franco's Camber and JiveAddictions Southport/Scarborough.
There's just something special about those ones.

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2006, 03:33 PM
I think Storm will run and run but I reckon thats on the back of Franco and RebelRoc's effort and the Scottish Ones will (a gap in the market up there methinks).
Sorry, the Scottish ones will what? :confused:

fletch
11th-October-2006, 03:42 PM
Yep! At least I know there will be friends there. :hug: :kiss:

(PS Tried to pay my £20, can't get PayPal to work. Still don't know who 'S' is!)

well guess you might neaver know :confused: till you get pay pal to work, :rolleyes: send a message to Frank :flower:

Its very friendly at the 't' layed back even ooooer and you have two lady's to play with :wink:

Yeah one even tried to ID me! :grin:

Didn't know whether or not to knock his block off or kiss him

I think he wanted a kiss :wink:

TheTramp
11th-October-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry, the Scottish ones will what? :confused:

Run??

robd
11th-October-2006, 04:37 PM
I keep checking this thread out to get Rob's view on pornography on the telly, but it hasn't happened yet!!?!!

I don't recommend it. Too easy for your mother to find it there. Try under the mattress instead.

El Salsero Gringo
11th-October-2006, 09:26 PM
And you lot in the Blues Bar - You are like putting on an old comfortable glove. Somehow, I'm not sure that's quite the image the ladies in the Blues Bar are trying to give...

fletch
12th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
Somehow, I'm not sure that's quite the image the ladies in the Blues Bar are trying to give...

Old glove hey :eek: with spangles :wink: :na:

I have just found my ticket for the £5 deposit for the extra key :sick:

WittyBird
12th-October-2006, 01:18 PM
Old glove hey :eek: with spangles :wink: :na:

I have just found my ticket for the £5 deposit for the extra key :sick:

I tried to get it back for you, but she said you need the receipt. I said OK will bring it to the next one, she said OK no problem. SO KEEP IT. :D

Seahorse
12th-October-2006, 01:49 PM
A few pics from the weekend.

fletch
12th-October-2006, 01:51 PM
I tried to get it back for you, but she said you need the receipt. I said OK will bring it to the next one, she said OK no problem. SO KEEP IT. :D

oooo thats good we can use it for the electric :clap:

Seahorse
12th-October-2006, 01:52 PM
And I beg to ask the question... why?

WittyBird
12th-October-2006, 01:53 PM
You could've photoshopped my dimples out! :rolleyes:

WittyBird
12th-October-2006, 01:54 PM

Don't get Cruella involved in that one :rofl:

fletch
12th-October-2006, 01:56 PM

the 1st car is Mike Allsopp's .......AKA.......no,no, must not:whistle: just got back in the Midlands, :wink: well I'm pressuming :clap: :clap:

its a bit viserble for me, you carn't sneek about in them cars can you :rolleyes:

Cruella
12th-October-2006, 03:45 PM
Don't get Cruella involved in that one :rofl:

Yeh Seahorse, whats wrong with them? Mines JI9VER. :whistle:
I await to find my car covered in roses now. :wink:

Lee
12th-October-2006, 03:50 PM

Isn't you car reg:

'Ben Dover 2'

WittyBird
12th-October-2006, 11:31 PM
I await to find my car covered in roses now. :wink:

She means the chocolate kind :whistle:

DD+
13th-October-2006, 12:19 AM
WB your lucky you are only worried about your beautiful dimples - i look like i'm on something!!!!!:rofl:

WittyBird
13th-October-2006, 12:24 AM
WB your lucky you are only worried about your beautiful dimples - i look like i'm on something!!!!!:rofl:

That's just normal for you tho isn't my lovely :D You always look high on life :waycool:

Tazmanian Devil
13th-October-2006, 12:32 AM

And I have a very chubby face :tears:

WittyBird
13th-October-2006, 12:43 AM

No you don't you look cute :D Oooh I could just pinch the ickle cheeksy weeksies :rofl:

CentrAlex
13th-October-2006, 12:44 AM

You is all goigeous :love:

CentrAlex
13th-October-2006, 12:46 AM
Yes...even you WB!! with your Loreal moments!! :rofl:

:whistle:

WittyBird
13th-October-2006, 12:47 AM

:rofl: Cos I'm so not worth it :wink: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
13th-October-2006, 12:50 AM
No you don't you look cute :D Oooh I could just pinch the ickle cheeksy weeksies :rofl:
:mad: Don't you start I have already had that comment once tonight :rolleyes;

You is all goigeous :love:
:love:

:rofl: LMFAO :rofl:

I had forgotten all about that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
13th-October-2006, 12:53 AM
:rofl: LMFAO :rofl:

I had forgotten all about that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I haven't been allowed to forget :rolleyes: You know what Alex is like :rofl: He makes his first funny and keeps talking about it for weeks :rolleyes:

Love ya babes :clap:

CJ
18th-October-2006, 09:47 AM

Loreal moments or Adam Sandler Loreal moments?!?!!?!?!?!?:eek:

If you haven't heard the tune... lyrics (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/adam+sandler/at+a+medium+pace_20003896.html) are...

For full effect, you have to hear the tune:D

Lory
18th-October-2006, 10:18 AM
Loreal moments or Adam Sandler Loreal moments?!?!!?!?!?!?:eek:

If you haven't heard the tune... lyrics (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/adam+sandler/at+a+medium+pace_20003896.html) are...

For full effect, you have to hear the tune:D

:really: Tell me you didn't play that at Breeze? :what:

(seriously, why does the line 'And do it at a medium pace' make me laugh? :confused: :rofl: )

CJ
18th-October-2006, 10:32 AM
:really: Tell me you didn't play that at Breeze? :what:

(seriously, why does the line 'And do it at a medium pace' make me laugh? :confused: :rofl: )

Lory, we danced to it.
:flower:

ji vep
18th-October-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeh Seahorse, whats wrong with them? Mines JI9VER.
I await to find my car covered in roses now

I must also admit that I am part of this club, mine is:
" JI VEP" hence the name. I have had it for about 5-6yrs now.

Can I have roses too, don't want Di to be the only person getting VIP treatment:waycool: