PDA

View Full Version : Beginners at weekenders

stewart38
6th-October-2006, 12:22 PM
Nice people but should be in bed by 9pm or

Add to the over fun enjoyment of the weekend for me

Given ceroc is aiming a number of weekenders at the beginners market (well at least partly anyway) will a big increase in beginners be good in the long run for weekend events.

The more established dancers who lets face may be attracted to weekenders as they get better dances then there standard club night may miss out ?

Haven’t seen a weekender aimed at intermediates and above ?

TheTramp
6th-October-2006, 12:24 PM
Given ceroc is aiming a number of weekenders at the beginners market (well at least partly anyway) will a big increase in beginners be good in the long run for weekend events.

Haven’t seen a weekender aimed at intermediates and above ?

Of course it will. The more beginners that go, the more weekend events will work. And they (most of them) won't always be beginners...

I thought that all the weekenders were aimed (albeit non-specifically) at intermediates and above. All of the ones I've been on have met my needs...

Tessalicious
6th-October-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't have a problem with real beginners at weekenders (ie the ones that know what it's all about and really want to learn, and have a good sociable weekend on the side) - these people were really well catered for at Bliss and didn't cause great problems for anyone.

The ones I didn't like were the 'opportunistic beginners' - people who'd booked because it was a cheap weekend away and weren't planning on dancing at all and were never completely sober. On the few occasions that I came into contact with these types, it was a problem (to me).

But on the whole, I think having certain weekenders as suitable for beginners is a great idea, as it gets the newer dancers into that scene much quicker, and since it is one of the best places to improve, they get better quicker too.

stewart38
6th-October-2006, 02:17 PM
The ones I didn't like were the 'opportunistic beginners' - people who'd booked because it was a cheap weekend away and weren't planning on dancing at all and were never completely sober. On the few occasions that I came into contact with these types, it was a problem (to me).

But on the whole, I think having certain weekenders as suitable for beginners is a great idea, as it gets the newer dancers into that scene much quicker, and since it is one of the best places to improve, they get better quicker too.

Notice more pissed heads at Bliss , men and women :sick: :grin: