PDA

View Full Version : Other music interprtations

Groovemeister
4th-October-2006, 12:29 PM
Once again I don't know wether this has been asked or mentioned before. How much do you think your understanding of music affects your dancing.

I am not talking about interpretation so much but just a sense of how music is created say like a chorus and verse. Would you try and do the same moves within those periods of a song for example.

I am going to make a statement as well is this true "Ceroc is only done to a 4/4 beat " ?

TheTramp
4th-October-2006, 12:38 PM
I think that some understanding has to help. That doesn't mean that without it, you can't do it.

Like anything, it's a question of being aware of the issue, wanting to improve, and then practising. There's plenty of information on here to start with*, and musicality workshops etc. can also help.

And yes, most (99.99%) Ceroc is danced to a 4/4 beat. That doesn't mean that you can't dance it to other things too. Though that will require more interpretation than most people have. I like to play Misery by Pink & Steve Tyler towards the ends of the nights in Southport, just cos it's such an attitude track...

*Of course, finding it amongst the chit chat might be challenging!