PDA

View Full Version : Breeze - getting down to business.. how do we??..

marty_baby
4th-October-2006, 09:06 AM
Hiya All,

Really looking fwd to this! :na:

Onto the iddy niggly details tho - This pontins place - what does everyone do for food???? (I've been to rockbootoms in brighton, torquay etc - but that was a proper hotel jobbie - this pontins is a new thing altogether!)

Is there a restaurant area where people can wander over for (all day) breakfast/ lunch/ dinner?

Sure - we can stock up on rice crispies and munchies etc - but I don't fancy doing loads of cooking... or living on cold salads etc..

Call me old fashioned - but all I want to do is dance, and flake out - forget loads of cooking and washing up etc.

Cheers
Martin

PS:
Silly bloke question....
Anything else essential I forgotten???? :D

TheTramp
4th-October-2006, 09:09 AM
If it's anything like the other weekend places, there'll be a restaurant(s) on site.

Or you could just live on sugar products and crisps for the entire weekend :innocent:

David Bailey
4th-October-2006, 09:34 AM
If it's anything like the other weekend places, there'll be a restaurant(s) on site.
If it's anything like the Southport "restaurant", then you're taking your life in your hands if you eat there. :sick:

You're probably better off buying food at the supermarket, even ready-meal junk, than eating at that place.

Either find some restaurants outside, or do your own food, is my advice - and eat, it's important to keep your energy levels up. Was there a "energy food" thread a while back?

TheTramp
4th-October-2006, 09:37 AM
If it's anything like the Southport "restaurant", then you're taking your life in your hands if you eat there. :sick:

Really? Is there something I should know? I've eaten their breakfasts the last two times I've been to Southport (thanks Wes!!). And I'm still alive.

David Bailey
4th-October-2006, 09:39 AM
Also, did anyone think, reading this thread title.... :devil:

No? Just me and my dirty mind then :blush:

Lory
4th-October-2006, 09:48 AM

I've risked the Sunday carvery each time i've been to S'P, the first two times were fab :grin: but sadly last time, wasn't so great :rolleyes:

Anyway, 'below' is what is says on the Breeze FAQ's, if it helps :)

Can I buy food on site?

There will be a convenience store and bakery on site which can provide all the essentials.

There is also restaurant and fast food diner on site if you don't fancy cooking.

Does the event cater for vegetarians?

All chalets are self-catering, but the Pontins restaurant does offer a selection of vegetarian meals.

David Bailey
4th-October-2006, 09:49 AM
Really? Is there something I should know? I've eaten their breakfasts the last two times I've been to Southport (thanks Wes!!). And I'm still alive.
All the dinner-meals I've seen / had there have been late, reheated, or just wrong. OK, that's a sample of maybe only 5-7 meals, but that's enough for me.

Lory
4th-October-2006, 09:50 AM

:really:

Nooo :innocent: :whistle:

marty_baby
4th-October-2006, 10:45 AM
All the dinner-meals I've seen / had there have been late, reheated, or just wrong. OK, that's a sample of maybe only 5-7 meals, but that's enough for me.

Hiya Guys,

Yup, I thought that might be the case. A captive huge customer base - some places might be quite happy shoving out any old garbage during rush hour munch time....

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant on site?

How about a nice restaurant off site? Any easy to get to? (Eg. local village etc...)

drathzel
4th-October-2006, 11:19 AM

here where was mine? i was still up with you!!!!:tears:

TheTramp
4th-October-2006, 11:28 AM
here where was mine? i was still up with you!!!!:tears:

Dunno! Where did you disappear to?

I'll treat you to breakfast on the 12th then :flower:

jiveaddicted
4th-October-2006, 11:34 AM

Never hurt me either!!!

Frankie_4711
4th-October-2006, 11:58 AM
I ate in the Camber Pontins resaurant at Storm and one of the nights at Bliss, but to be honest I was so unimpressed I went to the Londis on the second Bliss night and got some frozen pizzas - way better than I would have got in the restaurant, and will probably be doing that for Breeze.

stewart38
4th-October-2006, 12:08 PM
I ate in the Camber Pontins resaurant at Storm and one of the nights at Bliss, but to be honest I was so unimpressed I went to the Londis on the second Bliss night and got some frozen pizzas - way better than I would have got in the restaurant, and will probably be doing that for Breeze.

I thought the food in the restuarant was fine

Its Camber Pontins not The Ivy :whistle:

TheTramp
4th-October-2006, 12:10 PM
I thought the food in the restuarant was fine

Its Camber Pontins not The Ivy :whistle:

:yeah:

I wasn't expecting much. I wasn't disappointed. It was about what I was expecting. And kept me going through the weekend....

marty_baby
4th-October-2006, 12:39 PM
Dunno.... I'm in 2 minds about this.... :na:

I can understand wanting to avoid a crappy restaurant experience.... ie. waiting ages for a table... then waiting ages for a grumpy over-worked waiter to take your order... then ages for the (undercooked/overdone) food to arrive...

But the following sounds a laugh....

Are there eating places at pontins like School canteens? ...ie you que up with your prison trays, then take turns sweet talking the scooping dinner ladies to slop extra large portions of chicken *stew stuff* onto your plates? :rofl: I'd like to do a canteen experience at least once during the weekend! :D

Why am I thinking "Carry On Campers?" :rofl: (I've never seen the film, but the title fits...we can carve our own legends this weekend I reckon..... :na: )

This weekend will be a riot with the right point of view! :D

Tessalicious
4th-October-2006, 01:26 PM
I'd love to get a proper answer to this one too - at Pontins in Southport the restaurant, while not extra special, will do for a decent pub-style meal and has a pretty varied menu, and seem to be prepared to serve most of the time. On the other hand, the Camber one from what I can tell is canteen style, does ok breakfasts but only one or two meals at mealtimes, and nothing very exciting (so I couldn't be bothered to try it, since it didn't sell what I fancied).

I wonder which Brean Sands is more similar to?

Groovemeister
4th-October-2006, 03:23 PM
Fish and chips by the sea side got to be done hasn't it.

I know in Southport it's a bit of a way out of town although Tesco's ain't far away is it.

Probably similar for most places these day's

Saturday afternoon for me though will be for having a nice bit of cod and chips and look at the waves rolling in:waycool:

marty_baby
4th-October-2006, 04:52 PM

I know in Southport it's a bit of a way out of town although Tesco's ain't far away is it.

Probably similar for most places these day's

Saturday afternoon for me though will be for having a nice bit of cod and chips and look at the waves rolling in:waycool:

hhhhmmmm good call....

Beer batter and mushy peas.... :nice:

I think that may be this Friday's supper! :na:

Juju
4th-October-2006, 09:39 PM

Nope, not just you. :devil:

Lynn
4th-October-2006, 11:54 PM
Nope, not just you. :devil::yeah: :whistle: :blush: :innocent:

David Bailey
5th-October-2006, 08:14 AM
Shocking.

marty_baby
5th-October-2006, 10:59 AM
:yeah: :whistle: :blush: :innocent:

I don't understand guys.... :confused: :blush:

TheTramp
5th-October-2006, 11:02 AM

Ah. What it would be like to be young and innocent again!

(Not that I believe him for a moment!) :whistle:

David Bailey
5th-October-2006, 11:13 AM

What's not to understand? We're simple beings, us guys.

Lory
5th-October-2006, 11:14 AM
Cue 'The explainer' :rolleyes:

TheTramp
5th-October-2006, 11:26 AM
Cue 'The explainer' :rolleyes:

Please don't encourage him/her/it.

marty_baby
5th-October-2006, 12:21 PM
erm...anyways... :confused:

More questions guys....

1. Do these Club 2 Rooms come with Fridges? Do they work ok, or are they sooooo noisy when you just turn them off? Really fancy living a little bit healthy and just out of tins etc.... oh... and to keep the alcohol cool! :rofl:

2. Just checked the spec of the rooms.
We have a "Microwave/Oven"

What the feck is a "Microwave/Oven" ????

Is it a PROPER oven, with an option of microwaving? Or is it a weird "Grill" type thing, to brown off microwaved stuff - an not an oven at all??

Lyndsey wants a sit down meal on Friday - I'm thinking of stuffing some potatoes into the oven, as soon as we get there - so they are all baked and crispy skinned by the evening.

3. Erm any tips on baked potatoes? :rofl:
How long do they take? What heat?
Does spiking and wrapping in tin foil really matter??? Any other tips??
What type of potatoe?

I don't do potatoes like ever... unless they are chips!
Pasta and Pizza is not an option apparently

Sigh........ details huh! :rofl:

Cheers
Martin

Donna
5th-October-2006, 01:08 PM

Eh? :confused: what, with the wind and rain slapping you in the face? Luuuuurvely. :sick:

Donna
5th-October-2006, 01:16 PM
Lyndsey wants a sit down meal on Friday - I'm thinking of stuffing some potatoes into the oven, as soon as we get there - so they are all baked and crispy skinned by the evening.

:drool: sounds good to me - will ask Steve to pick me up at 3.00, that way, he'll be on time at 4.00 for us to get down there for 7.00 in time for tea then!:rofl:

3. Erm any tips on baked potatoes? :rofl:
How long do they take? What heat?
Does spiking and wrapping in tin foil really matter??? Any other tips??
What type of potatoe?

In a microwave 5 - 10 minutes depending on size. for fillings - surprise us! :drool:

Twirly
5th-October-2006, 01:51 PM
erm...anyways... :confused:

More questions guys....

*snip*

Well don't know about the Pontins you're going to, but you can have what I've learnt from Camber...

For the first night, take your wine already chilled - the fridges get switched off between visitors, so are not cold. Takes about 24 hours to get cold, so take red wine for the Saturday night! Our fridge was fine, not noisy, but no ice box, which was a pain (literally) as I wanted to put my ice pack in it for my foot problems and couldn't.

I took the wok, a load of veggies and some stir-fry sauces in jars. One night we had fat, juicy prawns, another night tofu (but not the stuff you get in most places - this stuff has flavour). :drool: Or you could chuck whatever meat you carnivores like into it :what: Noodles are nice and quick to do. Nice and healthy. :wink:

And if you'd tried to eat anything on the beach at Camber, it'd have been sandwich, sand-fish and chips, sand-burgers... :sick:

marty_baby
5th-October-2006, 03:55 PM
:drool: sounds good to me - will ask Steve to pick me up at 3.00, that way, he'll be on time at 4.00 for us to get down there for 7.00 in time for tea then!:rofl:

In a microwave 5 - 10 minutes depending on size. for fillings - surprise us! :drool:

Your timing is impeccable... :D

no no no.... I'd like our spuds the same as the ones from our canteen.... oven cooked Crispy Skinned and perfect.... If you are early enough lunchtime to have one that is!... they go like ...er... hot cakes...... :yum:

marty_baby
5th-October-2006, 04:04 PM
Well don't know about the Pontins you're going to, but you can have what I've learnt from Camber...

For the first night, take your wine already chilled - the fridges get switched off between visitors, so are not cold. Takes about 24 hours to get cold, so take red wine for the Saturday night! Our fridge was fine, not noisy, but no ice box, which was a pain (literally) as I wanted to put my ice pack in it for my foot problems and couldn't.

I took the wok, a load of veggies and some stir-fry sauces in jars. One night we had fat, juicy prawns, another night tofu (but not the stuff you get in most places - this stuff has flavour). :drool: Or you could chuck whatever meat you carnivores like into it :what: Noodles are nice and quick to do. Nice and healthy. :wink:

And if you'd tried to eat anything on the beach at Camber, it'd have been sandwich, sand-fish and chips, sand-burgers... :sick:

Hiya Twirly,

Sorry to hear about the dodgy foot.

You know what Twirly, perhaps I should have done just that, and thought along the lines of bringing the Wok along! (I bought all those spuds now.... :na: )

Cheers
Martin

clevedonboy
5th-October-2006, 04:13 PM
I bought all those spuds now.... :na:

Last of the big spenders eh Martin? :o

marty_baby
5th-October-2006, 05:16 PM
Last of the big spenders eh Martin? :o

Thanks Andy.

Quite the contrary. Anyone who knows me would disqute that big time as well.

I'm just thinking in terms of a quick easy meals - We are at breeze to dance - not to fuss around a cooking stove. right thats it.... no fannying around - its probabyl going to be wok time tommorow! :na:

I haven't even started packing yet! (But I'm a bloke - take everying, volume not an issue :rofl: - packed in what?... 20mins....)

Cheers
Martin

Lou
5th-October-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Andy.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Andy? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

goes & hides from the fallout.... :devil:

clevedonboy
5th-October-2006, 05:45 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Andy? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

goes & hides from the fallout.... :devil:

It's ok - Lindy Hoppers get away with it (Marty has temporary membership of that club, that he claims that he'll renew soon). I had to give up trying with Graeme & Ann - they seem incapable of pronouncing the rew part - I suppose Andrew isn't at all Hep