PDA

View Full Version : Helloooo Birmingham!

horsey_dude
7th-May-2003, 07:58 PM
I am visiting and you may have the pleasure/misfortune to meet /dance with me. I didn't make it to Wythal but I have found the glee club and it looked like there might be a thursday class? The main website only shows monday and tuesday nights here. Can anyone shed any light?

HD

DavidY
7th-May-2003, 10:43 PM
Dear HD,

Dunno why but there seem to be a few separate & distinct Ceroc franchises in the Birmingham area, and I guess they probably don't advertise each others' classes.

John Sweeney's web page ModernJive.Com (http://www.modernjive.com) is a good bet to find Ceroc in the Midlands.

According to his weekly class listing at 3 May class listing (http://www.modernjive.com/cejcmay03.htm) it looks like there are Thursday Ceroc classes at Solihull & Wolverhampton.

Hope this helps,
David

horsey_dude
7th-May-2003, 11:10 PM
What a disappointing night... I found a place with a great dance floor and ok music with no one to dance with..... I even tried asking stuck up night club girls for a dance.... Everyone just stands around with their drink and if a couple of people do get up they just run straight off as soon as the music changes. I should probably not be PUI (posting under the influence) but it was just such a let down. It would have been great to get up and boogie for a while (even if it wasn't ceroc).

horsey_dude
8th-May-2003, 02:09 AM
Well, I went back out...... I finally got someone to dance with me and it turned out she did ceroc.... perhaps ceroc people are just friendlier....

Wendy
8th-May-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
perhaps ceroc people are just friendlier.... What !!! You mean you didn't end up staying over with one of them cos your hostel was shut ???? Yeh - not friendly at all !!!:wink:

Wxxxx

pennyb
8th-May-2003, 05:21 PM
Hello HD!

Sorry this is such a late reply, only just spotted your post.

The Thursday class in the Birmingham area is at the Land Rover Social club in Solihull. You can find directions on their website
http://www.ceroclspa.co.uk/ .

The beginner class starts at 8:10 and the evening ends at 11:10.

Hope you can make it, ask someone to point me out (Penny!), as I'd love a dance.

horsey_dude
8th-May-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks Penny, I don't have a car, is there a bus or train that will get me there (it looks a bit far to walk)? I am staying just off broad st and have a map to the rail and coach stations.

HD.

Originally posted by pennyb
Hello HD!

Sorry this is such a late reply, only just spotted your post.

The Thursday class in the Birmingham area is at the Land Rover Social club in Solihull. You can find directions on their website
http://www.ceroclspa.co.uk/ .

The beginner class starts at 8:10 and the evening ends at 11:10.

Hope you can make it, ask someone to point me out (Penny!), as I'd love a dance.

Will
9th-May-2003, 01:55 PM
Horsey,

Stevie "The Love" Wong goes to Wythall. You might want to give him a call. I'll PM you his mobile.

filthycute
9th-May-2003, 04:17 PM
Hiya Penny, i just noticed this thread and glad to see the info for Birmingham. We're planning on being in the area in the first week in June so it looks like we got Thursday night sorted :D

Any where else within the area worth checking out?

filthycute x x

pennyb
9th-May-2003, 05:05 PM
Hello filthycute?!

That Thursday night will be my birthday, 27 days to go!!

For Ceroc classes in the Birmigham area there is the Glee club in the city centre on a Monday night.

Wythall, in South Birmingham on a Tuesday night.

Jaguar is a new venue (opened yesterday), on a Wednesday night, it's close to the Fort shopping centre, not far out of the city centre.

Solihull is on a Thursday at the Land Rover social club.

Wythall and Jaguar are operated by the same franchise owner, the Glee and Land Rover are different franchises, hence different websites. I think you can get to them all from the main ceroc site.

Depending on where you are staying, it may be more convenient to go to Leamington, Dudley or Coventry?

I usually go to Wythall and Land Rover, both of which are very good nights.

If you are interested in Salsa, there are also classes pretty much every night of the week at one venue or another, I can let you know where, if you're interested.

Penny :-)

filthycute
9th-May-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info Penny. We'll be staying in Lichfield but we'll have the car so travelling not a problem.
Salsa classes eh?......hmm....wonder if i could rope James into 1 or 2 classes :wink:

cheers
filthycute x x

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
......hmm....wonder if i could rope James .......... :wink:

cheers
filthycute x x

Be still my heart:yum: - would this be closely followed by the famous shirt ripping-open move Melanie?:drool:

horsey_dude
10th-May-2003, 11:58 AM
Are there any cerocers going out dancing tonight? I will check back later.......

horsey_dude
11th-May-2003, 02:12 AM
Well, I had an excellent night at Flares.... had to queue for ages, but it was worth it!

pennyb
12th-May-2003, 10:50 AM
Most of the Salsa classes in Birmingham are run by Latin Motion. Their web site details the times and venues of the classes: -
http://www.latinmotion.co.uk/

However, there are other classes available if you don’t fancy any of the Latin Motion ones. If you are staying in Lichfield, the Ceroc class in Burton-on-Trent may be an option for you on a Wednesday. It’s a relatively new night, I haven’t been there yet myself, but I’ve heard that the numbers are good.

Of course, you may prefer to have a night off from dancing?? There are other things to do, Tango Pasion are at the Symphony Hall on 5th June (my birthday, 24 days to go now!!), and Miss Saigon is playing at the Hippodrome that week.

Let me know what you decide to do so that I can say hello if I’m around.

HD: glad you had a better night at Flares last Friday, if you want to give your platforms and flares a rest this week, there’s freestyle at Land Rover on Saturday.

DavidY
12th-May-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by pennyb
If you are staying in Lichfield, the Ceroc class in Burton-on-Trent may be an option for you on a Wednesday. It’s a relatively new night, I haven’t been there yet myself, but I’ve heard that the numbers are good.

I went to Burton a couple of weeks ago. As Penny says it's a new night so probably a slightly higher proportion of beginners than average, but some more experienced folk there too.

It's a nice venue too, in my opinion. (Town Hall, King Edward Place, B-o-T, I think the postcode is DE14 2EB if you want to use mapping websites like multimap to find it). It's run by Ceroc Midlands (www.cerocmidlands.co.uk (http://www.cerocmidlands.co.uk)).

David

horsey_dude
13th-May-2003, 12:07 AM
Lots of good dance floors, lots of good music and not a cerocer in sight..... I couldn't make it to class tonight but I thought there might be a 1 in a million chance of running into someone I could dance with if I wandered around a few clubs.....