PDA

View Full Version : ESG's brother's band plays Bedford for Jive Vibe

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2006, 01:10 PM
The thread title says it all really: this is a shameless plug for my elder bro's band, The Errol Linton Blues Vibe (my brother Phil is the drummer) who are doing a gig for Jive Vibe this Saturday 7th October at the Pemberton Centre, Rushden (wherever the hell that is.)

Details are on the JiveVibe website, and you can read more about the band here: http://www.errollintonsbluesvibe.com/ - as well as download some mp3's.

I'm just gutted that I can't go (it clashes with Breeze) but if any Forumites turn up, say hi to the Drummer for me - and let me know what you thought of the gig.

ps. If you want to make some suggestions about making the music spot on for dancing to, post it here and I'll make sure that Phil reads it. As the drummer, he does set the tempo and rhythm after all.

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-October-2006, 04:16 PM
a brother - is he the good twin ? ;)

(elder by 3 seconds perhaps and born with a halo...)

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2006, 04:19 PM
a brother - is he the good twin ? ;)

(elder by 3 seconds perhaps and born with a halo...)I'm touched by my reputation. In fact, Phil's 8 years older than I am, so not a twin, no.

Zebra Woman
3rd-October-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm touched by my reputation. In fact, Phil's 8 years older than I am, so not a twin, no.

He's the fashionable one too.

I noticed on the web-site that Phil's drum kit is very up-to-the-minute.

Cruella
3rd-October-2006, 04:29 PM

No, it's soooo last year!!!! :rofl:

Minnie M
3rd-October-2006, 04:44 PM
He's the fashionable one too.

hmmm......... are missing any clothing then ZW :whistle:

BTW I think ESG should take a photo of him in "your" hat playing on his drim kit :yeah:

Joking apart I LURV that music .....:worthy:

bigdjiver
3rd-October-2006, 05:43 PM
This thread has started my scars a-itching.
The music really hits the spot - No chance that I will attend tho'. The owner of the vibe has it in for me. I was foolish enough to mention on this forum that some of his early pupils did not dance too well, (quite natural - I don't think he had any teacher training and even his pal Andy McG though his dancing back then left a bit to be desired.) He responded by publicly "naming and shaming" me on his website. It took me weeks to work out who the "beginners" were that I had inflicted a "stupid move" on. It turned out that it was a pair that had been dancing rock'n'roll for years. The "stupid move" was a mock "sit on the knee" finish, which I cut short, but just hinted that my partner could have finished the dance sitting on my knee. That left one of them giggling and the other laughing her head off. They both turned up later in a Ceroc class, and both independently asked me for a dance, and asked why didn't I come anymore.
I first offended him because I used to walk past his venue to go to Ceroc. I had told Phil that Bedford could support a second night, and that if he opened one I would support it. I kept my promise, even though it meant an extra mile walk. I also told Phil that Rushden would be an ideal spot for a venue, and that I thought the Pemberton centre was ideal, long before the vibe moved in. Like I keep saying, Ceroc is not expanding as fast as it should be.