PDA

View Full Version : Latin Explosion 4?

David Bailey
2nd-October-2006, 03:53 PM
What with all this talk of weekenders, has anyone been on this one (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/holiday-details.asp?EventID=202) before?

I vaguely recall going on one of these a few years ago, and there's another one in December - has anybody else been?

If it's the same place as I recall, you've got to cross the road or something to get between halls? The teacher line up looks reasonable...

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2006, 05:54 PM
If it's the same place as I recall, you've got to cross the road or something to get between halls?I'll be able to let you know next week....

Looks like they could do with a decent photographer, though :whistle:

WittyBird
3rd-October-2006, 06:00 PM
Looks like they could do with a decent photographer, though :whistle:

Do you know one?

David Bailey
3rd-October-2006, 08:46 PM
Riiiight.... :rolleyes:

So, I'm guessing no-one's been on this one then?

frodo
3rd-October-2006, 09:24 PM
Riiiight.... :rolleyes:

So, I'm guessing no-one's been on this one then?

Looking at the information on the previous ones, I don't think there was much in the way of swing / jive involved. Tango in Latin Explosion 3 - 'Combined Cuban and other' Salsa in Latin Explosion 2.

Seems quite strange to have so many MJ / swing teachers in light of the events history.

I did see a review of one of the Club Cubana events at Brean. It did say there were always more men so it may be they don't gender balance.

animaltalk
3rd-October-2006, 10:55 PM
No not been on this particular weekend, but have been on different salsa weekend ar same venue run by Club Cubanna. And yes you are right it is the place where you have to wander down the road.
Rough chalets though.

Nick

Lynn
3rd-October-2006, 11:00 PM
No not been on this particular weekend, but have been on different salsa weekend ar same venue run by Club Cubanna. And yes you are right it is the place where you have to wander down the road.
Rough chalets though. And where Breeze is this weekend? Ah well, won't be in the chalet much anyway.

David Bailey
4th-October-2006, 08:00 AM
Rough chalets though.
Thanks - hmmm, it's not really sounding too inviting at the moment.

At the one I went to, ages ago, there was a massive gender imbalance - as I recall, the women were ringed around the dance floor 3-deep, which was somewhat scary... :eek:

Lynn
4th-October-2006, 07:41 PM
At the one I went to, ages ago, there was a massive gender imbalance - as I recall, the women were ringed around the dance floor 3-deep, which was somewhat scary... :eek:Sounds like pretty much most of the salsa events I've been to! :rolleyes: (I usually took several men with me, you'd think the women would be glad I was so sharing :innocent: - but they just pounce!)