PDA

View Full Version : Your avatar is soooo like you!

Divissima
7th-May-2003, 07:19 AM
Graham wrote:Love the new avatar, Divi! I don't think we've had a "self-portrait" before! (unless you count Fran, obviously ) Thank you :waycool:
Fran didn't seem to have her whip on her on Sunday :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Graham

PS. Love the new avatar, Divi! I don't think we've had a "self-portrait" before! (unless you count Fran, obviously :wink: )

You're forgetting theTramp :) , also when I look in the mirror I see a Smurf.

Come to think of it, you're distinctly tall and pink with a great sense of rhythm. :)

Who else is like their avatar?

Emma
7th-May-2003, 09:27 AM
<---- That's me in my avatar..not sure if something with no head counts as a portrait, though the purple arms are a bit of a giveaway ;)

Chicklet
7th-May-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Who else is like their avatar?

I WISH!!

Haven't been able do do flips on the ground like that for a few years now...it all started to go down hill when these wobbly things grew on my front. Can still do a bit of the arial rolly polly off a high dive board, but re-entry at the bottom is a bit hit or miss these days!!!

Got Woodstock's silly blonde hair with a life of it's own and love talking to Beagles if those things count??

C

Emma
7th-May-2003, 09:33 AM
I dunno Chick, if you sort of imagine a sofa under that and squint up your eyes a bit it *could* be you :grin:

Chicklet
7th-May-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Emma
I dunno Chick, if you sort of imagine a sofa under that and squint up your eyes a bit it *could* be you :grin:

:rofl:
Depends who's on the sofa now doesn't it.....
For some I'm sure I wouldn't wanna bounce around quite that much......

LOVE YOU EMMA!!!!!!:kiss:

Lou
7th-May-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Emma
<---- That's me in my avatar..not sure if something with no head counts as a portrait, though the purple arms are a bit of a giveaway ;) Ahhh! I recognise you now! I did see you on Sunday! :wink:

TheTramp
7th-May-2003, 09:39 AM
You're forgetting theTramp :) ~snip~ Who else is like their avatar? Which avatar are you suggesting that I look like then DS???

Steve

Wendy
7th-May-2003, 09:53 AM
I look a bit like mine - so I've been told. I even bought a wee Lucy bean baby before the champs and Graham thought it looked more like me than Lucy... go figure !!! And even if I don't look like her I am sooo like her personality that people would work out who I was. Sadly they don't see her when she's draped over the piano claiming her undying love for Schroeder... I'm like that a bit too !!! "You are such a wonderful dancer... sigh....swoon...."

Wxxxx

Graham
7th-May-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally postulated by Dreadful Scathe
You're forgetting theTramp :) I think "ignoring" would be more the word :wink: :devil: (He changes his avatar all the time so although the simian is good at the moment next week he could have changed it to a dancing Brad Pitt or something)

Originally ranted by Dreadful Scathe
when I look in the mirror I see a Smurf. :what: Seek professional help. NOW

Originally insulted by Dreadful Scathe
Come to think of it, you're distinctly tall and pink with a great sense of rhythm. :)Yeah, but he knows more moves than I do, and smiles more. :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Which avatar are you suggesting that I look like then DS???

all of them :)

TheTramp
7th-May-2003, 10:30 AM
Graham is right. Will have to find the dancing Brad Pitt then :D

Steve

Wendy
7th-May-2003, 11:10 AM
So glad this is a new thread. I was gettting uncomfortable about mucking up the other one. I'm trying to be well-behaved...

Wxxx

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
So glad this is a new thread. I was gettting uncomfortable about mucking up the other one. I'm trying to be well-behaved... hmm but now you've mucked up this one by not talking about avatars. :)

damn so have i

Divissima
7th-May-2003, 01:32 PM
The lucky dip star Wendy wrote:So glad this is a new thread. I was gettting uncomfortable about mucking up the other one. I'm trying to be well-behaved...Well I'm glad that I managed to start a thread all of my own (although I think, technically, Graham actually started it) and that people want to come to my thread to play! :waycool:

Chicklet
7th-May-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
and that people want to come to my thread to play! :waycool: oh you KNOW lots of people love playing in other people's threads!!!!!:D

I'm hoping that this thread might persuade a few more people to find really cool new avatars too...will watch with interest!!!

Especially if they pick things that they THINK reflect their personalities!!

Cx

CJ
7th-May-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Especially if they pick things that they THINK reflect their personalities!!

Tattoo's excluded... Chickie D, tell me mine doesn't reflect my, em, personality!?!?!?!!?!!

Wendy
7th-May-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Chickie D, tell me mine doesn't reflect my, em, personality!?!?!?!!?!! I'm sorry Sir. Chickie D is in a meeting right now ....

It doesn't exactly reflect your haircut does it ??? (I could :wink: but I'm not going to)

Wxxx

Chicklet
7th-May-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry Sir. Chickie D is in a meeting right now ....

Wendy, this is getting spooky - how could you see that from there??????

It doesn't exactly reflect your haircut does it ??? (I could :wink: but I'm not going to)

Wxxx [/QUOTE]

Anybody seen a Cher avatar???

CJ - I think it probably represents some of your deeper side, one gets the impression you might like to er display these er qualities way more often than you actually do??????:devil: :D:wink:

Stuart M
7th-May-2003, 05:03 PM
My avatar is literally me, although it does need a little angry face to be accurate. Mind you, only 3 people on this Forum will get it...:)

Sal
7th-May-2003, 05:10 PM
I giggle manically, and wear blue alot. I am not going to be dying my hair, though!

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
My avatar is literally me, although it does need a little angry face to be accurate. Mind you, only 3 people on this Forum will get it...:)

Do you turn into toast ? in the sun maybe ? which would mean that you have sensitive skin or maybe its an emotional/psychological thing ......you get angry with burnt toast or the people who burn it.
Or you pop up and down like toast in a toaster?

Was it not a guessing game? sorry :)

Wendy
8th-May-2003, 08:41 AM
BTW Love the new avatar Dave. Perfect !!!

Wxxx

Stuart M
8th-May-2003, 08:46 AM
Do you turn into toast ? in the sun maybe ? which would mean that you have sensitive skin or maybe its an emotional/psychological thing ......you get angry with burnt toast or the people who burn it.
Or you pop up and down like toast in a toaster?

Was it not a guessing game? sorry :)

Well, it could be a guessing game, although you don't currently have enough information to get the answer, I think. :)

There's a clue in the word 'literally', mind you...

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 08:51 AM
Can now report that I think I look more like mine than DS does his. I was most disappointed to find that he is decidedly more than 3 (even GM) apples high and is black and tanned, not blue.

Another Forum vision shattered, oh well.
Cx

Wendy
8th-May-2003, 08:55 AM
Another Forum vision shattered, oh well. Yeh, but at least he doesn't dance like a smurf !!! Did think he was chearing a lot for a normal class night - he must've been dancing with our Janet !!!

Wxxx

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 08:56 AM
BTW Love the new avatar Dave. Perfect !!!

Wxxx

Should be in the other thread but this one hasn't been off topic yet and is feeling a bit upset about it - should we assume that you picked this particular vision because the size of the tongue was an appropriate representation of your own?

:waycool: :D :innocent:

Dave Hancock
8th-May-2003, 09:09 AM
should we assume that you picked this particular vision because the size of the tongue was an appropriate representation of your own?

If only, and anyway I keep getting told that size ain't important:wink:

Graham
8th-May-2003, 09:12 AM
I'm amazed nobody's mentioned Dave H's new avatar - it's just so him, isn't it? :wink:

Dave Hancock
8th-May-2003, 09:14 AM
Yeh, but at least he doesn't dance like a smurf !!!
CCM

How does a smurf dance??? Also, why would dancing like one not be desirable:confused: :confused:

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Graham
I'm amazed nobody's mentioned Dave H's new avatar - it's just so him, isn't it? :wink:

Wey hey, Franck's editing timing strikes again,

Graham, tell me you didn't really think I would have missed mentioning something that looks that, er powerful????????:devil:

Personally I don't think the head bobs about enough to really look like him

Wendy
8th-May-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
How does a smurf dance??? Also, why would dancing like one not be desirable Can't remember exactly ... imagine it's a bit like the Telly Tubbies or those Tweeny things or the Banana Splits (you won't know them Dave - before you were born !!). Probably great to dance with now I think about it... When you bump into them it would be all marshmallowy...and they'd never have a sporran... yeh sounds pretty good. :D

CCMxxx

Franck
8th-May-2003, 09:28 AM
Personally I don't think the head bobs about enough..... Well, you could always grab his ears :wink: :devil:
Though they look fairly stretched already, so maybe he's a slow learner :D :D

Franck.

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 09:32 AM

How does a smurf dance???

I don't think they do dance, I think they are just bobbing about trying to stay out of the way of Gargamel. But I could be wrong.:D

Dreadful Scathe
8th-May-2003, 09:36 AM
CCM

How does a smurf dance??? Also, why would dancing like one not be desirable:confused: :confused:

I must dance like a smurf as I am one :) I danced particularly bad last night though - sorry chicklet...lack of practice shows i think.

Glasgow party on Saturday though :D.

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 09:48 AM
I must dance like a smurf as I am one :) I danced particularly bad last night though - sorry chicklet...lack of practice shows i think.

Glasgow party on Saturday though :D. Oh goodness that was terrible!!!!

I was just being pleased with myself for remembering the name of the Baddie - I WAS NOT TRYING TO SAY SMURFS CAN'T DANCE!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Big grins back at ya for Glasgow party - where I will have my other shoes on and not be trussed up as an accountant straight from work and therefore will be much more comfy and easier to LEAD!!!

Franck
8th-May-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh goodness that was terrible!!!! Surely he wasn't that bad !!!! :wink:

Great to see you guys in Glasgow and even better to dance with Fi again... :nice:

See you on Saturday at the Glasgow party, no special theme, just pure unadulterated dancing!!!!

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
8th-May-2003, 03:00 PM
Infamy, Infamy, Chicklet has it in for me.

First 'smurfs can't dance' and then 'oh goodness that was terrible'. What did I do. :D

I have footage of Smurfs dancing you know Ill need to edit a clip from a cartoon for you :)

No one needs to point out how sad it is that i have Smurf cartoons - i downloaded them.... broadband connection - you know how it is :).

la la la laaa la la

Chicklet
8th-May-2003, 03:04 PM
Infamy, Infamy, Chicklet has it in for me.

I think she's just having a really bad day pecking her worms:sorry

Dreadful Scathe
8th-May-2003, 03:06 PM
eh? who you callin' a worm, huh ?

:D

Janet
8th-May-2003, 03:15 PM
Yeh, but at least he doesn't dance like a smurf !!! Did think he was chearing a lot for a normal class night - he must've been dancing with our Janet !!!

Wxxx
He was! Well, as often as I could persuade him. My ears are still ringing though!!! :what: Thanks for the dances DS. Can't wait for you to become un-rusty. (So what's the opposite of rusty? Reduced, I guess. :sick: )

Janet

CJ
8th-May-2003, 05:45 PM
Have I got myself a new tattoo, or has someone been kissing my ass?:what: :what:

And how come I don't know about it????????????:rolleyes:

answers on a post card to:
CJ the DJ
c/o The Tramp

Graham
8th-May-2003, 06:37 PM
Maybe someone was biting your shorts and got carried away? :wink:

Twinkle Toes
9th-May-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Have I got myself a new tattoo, or has someone been kissing my ass?:what: :what:

And how come I don't know about it????????????:rolleyes: ... as if ... looks like Chickie's lip colour to me. Maybe we should get Miss Marple onto it !!!:D :D

TT

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
... as if ...

Did someone call?

Wendy
9th-May-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Did someone call? LOL - funny even at 2 in the morning !!! :D

My avatar is very excited - COS SHE'S GOING TO CAMBERS !!!!

I promise to learn at least one great new move which I'll pass on to your chums in Dundee so it'll be like you've been there a little.

See you soon !!!

Wxxxx

TheTramp
9th-May-2003, 08:06 AM
Oh Wendy....

Haven't you heard? There's been an outbreak of the Sars virus on the South Coast, and Camber has been cancelled :na:

Honest :rolleyes:

Steve

Dave Hancock
9th-May-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Did someone call?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

horsey_dude
24th-May-2003, 01:14 PM
I think my Avatar doesn't look much like me....

Minnie M
20th-January-2005, 05:43 PM
Lory's new (relatively new that is) is exactly like her :cool: - and so is mine - except I don't have a tail, and my ears aren't that big :rofl:

under par
20th-January-2005, 05:57 PM
Lory's new (relatively new that is) is exactly like her :cool: - and so is mine - except I don't have a tail, and my ears aren't that big :rofl:

I tried to get a more lifelike avatar for myself but they dont have a big enough page on this forum to get me on (with or without the tutu), so I'll have to stick with what Ive got for now. :clap: