PDA

View Full Version : Next time?

DavidB
6th-May-2003, 07:17 PM
So ... which competition (if any) would you go to next time. (You can vote for more than one)

Divissima
6th-May-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm a bit of a competition junkie, I'm afraid. I only put Scotland as a maybe because it's so far (but note - not too far to consider! :wink: ). I still really love the buzz of competing - and enjoy the weeks of practising, mastering the nerves on the day, wearing my sparkly costume and putting on a show :waycool:
Am I a little odd?

DavidB
6th-May-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
wearing my sparkly costume you mean you have costumes that aren't sparkly???

Divissima
6th-May-2003, 09:30 PM
The impertinent DavidB wrote:you mean you have costumes that aren't sparkly??? Why yes ... I have some which are slashed open and some which have big transparent panels...
... oh but.... hang on.... I think I stuck swarovski components on the slashed ones....

... but, no ... you see, they are so beautiful....

ahem

I'm not really addicted to sparkles because I can stop any time I want... :wink:

Fran
6th-May-2003, 09:46 PM

I'm not really addicted to sparkles because I can stop any time I want... :wink:

dont worry, there are worse things to be addicted too! ( chocolate can be a bit probmatic somtimes! ) you are in good company! :nice: :nice: - we have another sparkle lover - Laura - from scotland but now in manchester.

you can even get the sparkley underwear now for the full effect! :wink:

ps and cheap flights up to scotland :cheers:

franxx

Divissima
6th-May-2003, 09:54 PM
Now then, sparkly underwear you say...

Hmmm, well that's interesting - from a purely objective viewpoint, you understand.

ahem, now where would one acquire such items - if one wanted to, I'm asking for a friend, you know...:sorry

Fran
6th-May-2003, 09:59 PM
well, I voted for the 3 main ones - Bristol is just a bit too far away and from what I have heard on the grape vine it does seem to be a bit biased towards Leroc teachers/ dancers who are based more locally.

- I really enjoyed blackpool for all the reasons which have been said before - space, atmosphere, music and very importantly very friendly people.

Scotland was such a fun enjoyable day with the main aim in raising money for a very worthy cause and having a great time doing it in a fab atmosphere.hope to see even more people come this year!!

I would go back to London particulary to see the open competition which was the main reason I wanted to go in first place and really enjoyed watching it. Inspirational stuff. And well done the organisers for being the first competition to have such a catergory in a jive event. :cheers: But again like others have said before, it would be sooooooooo much better in a different venue. It was very dark and smelly and that was before we all started dancing!

weather we compete or not competitions are a great opertunity to meet up again with other dancers.

fran:nice:

Fran
6th-May-2003, 10:05 PM
Now then, sparkly underwear you say...

Hmmm, well that's interesting - from a purely objective viewpoint, you understand.

ahem, now where would one acquire such items - if one wanted to, I'm asking for a friend, you know...:sorry

well......... we went shopping on saturday and I noticed that even Knicker box were selling them - they had little dimonties at the back of the thongs - and they seemed to be in black or white. only had a quick glance of course though and this is purley information for your friend of course!:wink:

off to bed now - have to get up at 4.30 am and drive to St Annes::sad:

fran:nice:

Divissima
6th-May-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll tell my friend :wink:
Yikes - early morning horror! Sleep well, and dream sparkly dreams :hug:

Graham
6th-May-2003, 11:52 PM
I have to say that whilst I did enjoy myself this weekend, this was due in no small part to the fact that Wendy had such a great time. Otherwise, I think the disappointment with the venue, and the fact that the London competition is significantly more expensive for me to attend than Blackpool or Scotland, would have outweighed the thrill of performing our cabaret routine, and the fun of meeting old and new chums.

I put it as a definitely not (at least not at that venue), although it would depend on who else was going, and my views may have softened by next year.

PS. Love the new avatar, Divi! I don't think we've had a "self-portrait" before! (unless you count Fran, obviously :wink: )

Lou
7th-May-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Fran Bristol is just a bit too far away and from what I have heard on the grape vine it does seem to be a bit biased towards Leroc teachers/ dancers who are based more locally. That'll suit me, then. :wink:

Fran
7th-May-2003, 07:55 PM
Yikes - early morning horror! Sleep well, and dream sparkly dreams
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

lovley sunrise going down but just back and am feeling a tad tierd to say the least. good day though.

Originally posted by Graham

PS. Love the new avatar, Divi! I don't think we've had a "self-portrait" before! (unless you count Fran, obviously :wink: )

Like the avatar as well!!! ! ha ha graham! :hug: :nice:

...... there are one or two differences though.:wink:

franxx

DavidY
7th-May-2003, 11:23 PM
This probably sounds like a silly question & I may be the only person reading the forum who doesn't know this - but is there a date/venue set for the Scottish Championships..? (Had a quick browse through other (non-forum) bits of the Ceroc Scotland website but couldn't find them.)

Thanks,
David

Tiggerbabe
7th-May-2003, 11:57 PM
Hi David,

There was a thread in the social events started by Scot on this very subject - however to save you from having to search for it

Scottish Comp pre comp party 17th October
Scottish Comp 18th October - Brunton Hall, Musselburgh.

Not sure if the party is going to be in the Brunton Hall or Marcos.
The event is run for charity.

Hope to see you there.:D

Bill
9th-May-2003, 04:50 PM
I'll probably go along to the Scottish comp again and will certainly return to Blackpool whcih, as everyone says, is a superior venue.

Not sure about competing though although the double trouble is fun and stops me 'freezing' on the floor as I tend to do in the other events. :sick: :tears:

But with such interest I think the Scottish comp will be bigger than last year..............but cna it possibly be as much fun? :rolleyes: :D

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Bill
..............but can it possibly be as much fun? :rolleyes: :D

Hell yeah!:hug: :D

Debster
10th-May-2003, 02:02 AM
Did someone say SPARKLES???

Any competition is a good reason for sparkles - so any competition is good :drool: !!!

DavidY
10th-May-2003, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Debster
- No le gusta caminar. No puede montar a caballo.
Como se puede bailar? Es un escanadalo -

I'm really slow :sorry - I only just worked out where Debster's signature comes from - even though I must hear it at least once a week!!

Great quote, though:D :D

Debster
14th-May-2003, 03:32 PM
why, thank-you kind sir :) And well done for working it out, it's not really that obvious, but I thought it was appropriate :D

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 05:09 PM
I didn't realise that it's a competition :D

I thought that it was obvious where they came from. And it is a scandal if people don't realise :na:

Steve

DavidY
14th-May-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I thought that it was obvious where they came from. And it is a scandal if people don't realise :na:

Yes I probably should have seen it earlier by paying attention - maybe I was walking round with a faraway look in my eyes instead...

Wendy
15th-May-2003, 05:00 AM
Every time Debster posts I end up singing it for about half an hour oh and wiggling on my chair of course !!

Wx

Debster
22nd-May-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Yes I probably should have seen it earlier by paying attention - maybe I was walking round with a faraway look in my eyes instead...
I certainly hope you were dressed to thrill at the time... ;)

Take it away Wendy... :D :D :D :hug:

Wendy
22nd-May-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Debster
I certainly hope you were dressed to thrill at the time... ;)
Take it away Wendy... :D :D :D :hug: Erm... no... probably not actually... blush..... flattered... BTW I'm the one (well there may have been others !!) who came up to you at the champs and told you you were my hero... blush.....in case you don't know who I am.....

:hug: gulp !

Wxxx

Debster
5th-June-2003, 12:29 AM
:kiss:
ah - Wendy! yeah, I think I remember - I was so dizzy that day! Were you sitting on the stage?
That was so lovely of you to say that to me. ;)
:hug:

So, do you (or anyone else) reckon that doing our showcase routine at Bristol is a good idea? It's a shame not to use it lots once you've put so much work into it, but I'd hate to bore everyone... tough decision...

Tiggerbabe
7th-June-2003, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately won't be at Bristol to see it again Debster but my vote is - yeah! go for it. I'm sure there will be people who weren't able to be in either Blackpool or London and have yet to see it, they'll be thrilled ...........and those who were would love to see it all again.
After all - you've got to wear *those* shoes at every available opportunity :D :hug:

Lou
7th-June-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey Debster - do it! Saw you at London, but would love to see it again! :grin:

Heather
7th-June-2003, 02:17 PM
:D :D ......Loved your routine, and I loved your shoes .
Go for it!!!!!!!!! You will regret it if you don't! I just wish Sheena had taken our 'Scottish Cabaret' down to the Ceroc Champs - unfortunately not everyone could make it, but hey, that's life!!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Graham W
13th-June-2003, 03:12 PM
....in my humble opinion, yep,, have another go 'Debstar' - I think it would go down well in a more contained venue as u have quite a strong prescence & a good partner!!

- also - there'll be quite a contingent of locals who havent seen it before - only a meagre few from Bristol went To CeRoc

- as long as u havent changed it to 'walk the Dinosaur'?
(in-joke, sorry Mark..)

G

DavidB
13th-June-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Debster
So, do you (or anyone else) reckon that doing our showcase routine at Bristol is a good idea? It's a shame not to use it lots once you've put so much work into it, but I'd hate to bore everyone... tough decision... General rule of thumb
- don't do the same routine twice at the same place or event.
- don't keep a routine for more than a year.

Debster
15th-June-2003, 11:48 PM
General rule of thumb
- don't do the same routine twice at the same place or event.
- don't keep a routine for more than a year.

OK, we're safe then! The routine is still a baby and not seen Bristol yet. I'd better see if they'll still accept our entry!....

Thanks guys that was a better response than I was expecting! :kiss: Very encouraging.

I'd better go shine up the shoes... :wink: Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there. Had a great time last year. So much dancing, so little time!