PDA

View Full Version : Whats on - Weekend 29/30/1st

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 04:50 PM
Usual thread.

Does anyone know of any super duper events on this weekend?

I know of 1:

Bliss Weekender

fletch
27th-September-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm going to

Coventry on Friday

Knutsford on Saturday

Bromsgrove 't' dance on Sunday

:flower:

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm going to
Knutsford on Saturday
:flower:

Wouldn't mind trying Knutsford but I have done enough driving over the last couple of weeks :rolleyes:

Cruella
27th-September-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm having a weekend off dancing :eek: as there isn't anything on that appeals to me.

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm having a weekend off dancing :eek: as there isn't anything on that appeals to me.

*checks outside to make sure the world hasn't ended*

Cruella
27th-September-2006, 05:05 PM
*checks outside to make sure the world hasn't ended*

But you know it will have, when we don't get to dance together this weekend. :D

Alice
27th-September-2006, 05:09 PM
Looks like I'll be doing the same:tears:

Blueshoes
27th-September-2006, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't mind trying Knutsford but I have done enough driving over the last couple of weeks :rolleyes:

Quite understand but if you can drag yourself Up North it'll be worth the drive!

Heather
27th-September-2006, 05:43 PM
:clap: Hopefully, I'll be going to Marco's in Edinburgh for the monthly party!!:clap:

:hug:
Heather

RoyBoy
27th-September-2006, 06:02 PM
:clap: Hopefully, I'll be going to Marco's in Edinburgh for the monthly party!!:clap:

Heather

Hopefully, I'll see you there.:flower: After such a depressing night at Stockport on Saturday, I'm really looking forward to it.

I should quallify the above. Had some great dances, but the music and acoustics were absolutely abysmal.:sad:

wayaay bird
27th-September-2006, 06:42 PM

Heather

Think thats where i'm going too :grin:

Dazzler
27th-September-2006, 06:44 PM
...i am not intending to go to edinburgh based on tiredness and travel etc..but....i hope to see you all at dundee on the 7th oct as it is gonna be a dazzling birthday party for yours truely! :whistle:

:cheers:

Dance Demon
27th-September-2006, 07:53 PM
...but....i hope to see you all at dundee on the 7th oct as it is gonna be a dazzling birthday party for yours truely! :whistle::cheers:

I'll play some birthday choons for you Dazzler:waycool: .........I won't be at Marcos on Saturday, coz I'm off to a wedding is St Andrews:clap: :clap:

Dazzler
27th-September-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll play some birthday choons for you Dazzler:waycool: .........I won't be at Marcos on Saturday, coz I'm off to a wedding is St Andrews:clap: :clap:

Look forward to your top class tunes as always :wink:

Enjoy the wedding too mate :cheers:

Dan Hudson
27th-September-2006, 08:40 PM
There is a cruise up the thames on Sunday with the Jive Aces.... and little ol me teaching a class:eek: . Leaving from Greenwich at 4pm

See our website www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk for links to details :cheers:

Keith
28th-September-2006, 12:46 PM

Come on Paul, not seen you for ages, get your bot up to knutsford.
We start at 8pm then at 10 we have the all girl Troupe RVSD on, prior to their competing in London, they have also appeared at the Opera House Manchester. Not necessarily Jive, but very good & a little bit different. Not that this should influence you, but they are all very pretty
We then have freestyle back on again until midnight, with complimentary Tea, Coffee & Cake, from 11.30.
And to top it all, much more Latin, Blues & more testing music for those who really enjoy dancing.

So what do you think?
:wink:

Donna
28th-September-2006, 01:07 PM
We start at 8pm then at 10 we have the all girl Troupe RVSD on, prior to their competing in London, they have also appeared at the Opera House Manchester. Not necessarily Jive, but very good & a little bit different. Not that this should influence you, but they are all very pretty
We then have freestyle back on again until midnight, with complimentary Tea, Coffee & Cake, from 11.30.
And to top it all, much more Latin, Blues & more testing music for those who really enjoy dancing.

So what do you think?
:wink:

Perfect, as always Keith. buuuut it would be even better if Paul F was there! :wink: Come on up paul! You know you want to. :flower:

CJ
28th-September-2006, 01:21 PM
Read It And Weep are playing 3 Tuns in Edinburgh if anyone wants to pop in before Marco's.:whistle:

fletch
28th-September-2006, 01:33 PM
:wink: Come on up paul! You know you want to. :flower:

I think he might end up at Camber ??????? :tears:

and no he isn't BARMPOT :wink:

Paul F
28th-September-2006, 02:19 PM

Come on up paul! You know you want to. :flower:

I would love to guys but I have gone and booked up a back to back set of weekenders instead :clap:

Shame though as it sounds like you have got a good event going there Keith

As for the girl troupe, Im all for it. Something a bit different.

Keith
28th-September-2006, 02:45 PM
Shame though as it sounds like you have got a good event going there Keith

As for the girl troupe, I’m all for it. Something a bit different.

Have a good one & if you fancy these let me know;
Sat 28th October - Marc & Rachel (DJing & Cabaret), with Georgia Singing Blues & Swing in the last 1/2 hr, to chill things a little.

Sat 2nd December - Jon Brett DJing, Lee Hunter who maxed out at 28th in the World (Latin Ballroom) Teaching Rumba (Also a very funny guy, for those who remember him teaching Ballroom & salsa at Southport) :respect:

Always the complimentary Tea, Coffee & Cake in the last 1/2 hour to send you on your way, happy.

CJ
28th-September-2006, 02:50 PM
Sat 28th October - Marc & Rachel (DJing & Cabaret), with Georgia Singing Blues & Swing in the last 1/2 hr, to chill things a little.

Will he be playing requests??!??:confused:

Keith
28th-September-2006, 03:04 PM
Will he be playing requests??!??:confused:

I'm guessing if asked for the right tune, then maybe :whistle:

Are you DJ'ing at Blackpool this year?

CJ
28th-September-2006, 03:59 PM
Are you DJ'ing at Blackpool this year?

I would hope so!!!!! :clap:

Am I??:whistle:

Patrick
28th-September-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm going to

Coventry on Friday
Going to Coventry or being sent?... :wink: I'll be in Taunton :sad:

Knutsford on Saturday
I think I will have to limit my 200 mile each way Saturday evenings... And Stockport was bad for my ears (my partner was actually wearing earplugs!)

Saturday afternoon I'll be at Jive+ Oxford (Drops workshop with John Sweeney) followed by Jon Brett freestyle in the evening. Rover Club, Cowley. Only been once, but it was good.

By a curious coincidence, Bromsgrove seems to be connected to Oxford by the M40... Fancy some Tea and Sympathy? Where's the venue exactly?

Patrick :flower:

fletch
28th-September-2006, 04:37 PM
Going to Coventry or being sent?... :wink: I'll be in Taunton :sad:

By a curious coincidence, Bromsgrove seems to be connected to Oxford by the M40... Fancy some Tea and Sympathy? Where's the venue exactly?

Patrick :flower:

that would be loverly :flower:

Come come come :clap:

www.corporatedancecompany.com

Just off the M42 junctin 1 Alcester Road.

Lickey end social club.......no comments please :wink:

And looks like sent to Coventry :rofl:

fletch
28th-September-2006, 04:39 PM
Always the complimentary Tea, Coffee & Cake in the last 1/2 hour to send you on your way, happy.

Or keep you going till 3 in the morning in the car park :rofl:

Patrick
28th-September-2006, 04:44 PM
Looks like I'll be doing the same:tears:

Fancy a trip to Oxford on Sat? Jon Brett DJ, shud b gud. I may be all on my own. :sad: :tears: :tears: (apart from the hundreds I haven't met yet of course...)

Alice
28th-September-2006, 04:49 PM
Fancy a trip to Oxford on Sat? Jon Brett DJ, shud b gud. I may be all on my own. :sad: :tears: :tears: (apart from the hundreds I haven't met yet of course...)
Actually... I'm going to Oxford anyway on Sat- sightseeing:)

CJ
28th-September-2006, 04:52 PM

So, you'll be close enough to do the Bromsgrove T-dance on Sun, then?!?:flower: :flower:

Patrick
28th-September-2006, 06:03 PM
that would be loverly :flower:

Come come come :clap:

www.corporatedancecompany.com

Just off the M42 junctin 1 Alcester Road.

Lickey end social club.......no comments please :wink:

And looks like sent to Coventry :rofl:

Thank you! How could I refuse? Re location, I wouldn't dare comment. :eek: I now see it starts at 5pm? A bit later than I imagined. What could a guy do for entertainment all day in Lickey End? (I was a good boy till I met you Fletch, honest :innocent: )

Hope u make it to the dance. Cud give u lift to Bromsgrove if any help. No I don't really have a proper plan yet. Have car will travel.

So, you'll be close enough to do the Bromsgrove T-dance on Sun, then?!?:flower: :flower:
So near yet so far... But I'll be there CJ!

So what are you doing on 6 Oct?

Patrick :cheers:

David Bailey
28th-September-2006, 10:33 PM
Apparently, there's a thing on in Finchley on Sat - probably the only Ceroc venue in London doing anything, everyone else de-camping to Camber or wherever...

Lynn
28th-September-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm going to a Ceroc NI freestyle this Saturday! :clap:

Cruella
29th-September-2006, 03:01 PM
I might come along to this (I knew i couldn't manage a whole weekend without dancing):sick:

Lory
29th-September-2006, 03:41 PM
I might come along to this (I knew i couldn't manage a whole weekend without dancing):sick:

Was there anyone who DIDN'T know that? :wink:

Cruella
29th-September-2006, 03:47 PM
Was there anyone who DIDN'T know that? :wink:

I believed it for a few hours! I tried miss, honest. :wink:

Lory
29th-September-2006, 03:51 PM
I believed it for a few hours! I tried miss, honest. :wink:

:rolleyes: :rofl:

Dance Demon
29th-September-2006, 08:19 PM
Theres the monthly West Coast Swing Sunday at the Deer Park Golf & Country club, Livingston on Sunday 1st. With Graham Fox & Cristina Devine ( Kriss) Two classes and loadsa freestyle until 4.30pm, with yours truly on the decks:D

fletch
30th-September-2006, 07:44 AM
We had a fab night at Coventry :clap:

It was also been filmed, lovely to see Northants Girlie and (Linda) and Mat, Loved watching you dance with BARMPOT very entertaining. :na:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was also a nice surprise to see Ian a guy I dance with down London he was very surprised to see me and said wasn't I a long way from home he didn't realise I lived in the Midlands. :eek:

I had some lovely dances with a Latin looking guy called Steve who I was told had won some champs or other?? sorry, that all I know, but he was good.:worthy:

Actually come to think of it I didn't see any signs up about the smoking but I didn't see anyone smoking inside they were all out side, lets hope the smokers are giving the non smokers some respect and going outside.

:respect:

fletch
30th-September-2006, 07:53 AM
me and my children

Steve Braces and 3 ladies

Ian the manager and me

fletch
30th-September-2006, 07:55 AM
Northants girlie and BARMPOT

Linda and Mat :awe:

Patrick
30th-September-2006, 09:53 AM
We had a fab night at Coventry :clap:

:respect:

Nice pics Fletch, its almost like I was there! I might just try that one of you and Ian as my desktop. Glad that being sent to Coventry turned out so well for you.

It was my first freestyle at Riviera Leroc in Taunton. Very nice fun crowd, Gary plays a good balance of music. I danced with a group of beginners, (though not all at the same time like your Steve I'm afraid). One of them said "no"! I said "too tired or too scared?" She said "Both!" But we had a lovely dance later, her friend and I were very persuasive.

So at Bromsgrove, I'll be looking out for a tall blond lady rapidly receding into the distance then? :wink:

Mustn't be late for Oxford, leave in about an hour!

Patrick

fletch
30th-September-2006, 03:06 PM
Nice pics Fletch, I might just try that one of you as my desktop. Gary plays a good balance of music.

One of them said "no"! I said "too tired or too scared?" She said "Both!" But we had a lovely dance later, her friend and I were very persuasive.

So at Bromsgrove, I'll be looking out for a tall blond lady rapidly receding into the distance then? :wink:

Mustn't be late for Oxford, leave in about an hour!

Patrick

Have a good one at Oxford love to all there :flower:

I like your style about the refusal...it reminds me of a story ....when I wen't to Hammersmith for the first time and asked a guy sitting on the stage...you know the type.....HOTSHOT ......and he refused me ....well I won't go into to much detail but he danced with me in the end ....I think he thought that was the only way to get rid of me......wrong again :na:

If you wan't a photo for you desk top you only have to ask :wink:

see you tomorrow :hug:

TheTramp
30th-September-2006, 04:45 PM
If you wan't a photo for you desk top you only have to ask :wink:

For some reason, the thought of this scares me! :eek: :flower:

fletch
1st-October-2006, 02:21 AM
For some reason, the thought of this scares me! :eek: :flower:

Don't you start pretending anything I do scares you,:rolleyes: Mr unscaryable I know its wrong carn't find it in spell check :na: anyway you owe me one :wink:

and I thought you could see through my front :whistle:

TheTramp
1st-October-2006, 02:49 AM
anyway you owe me one :wink:

and I thought you could see through my front :whistle:

I owe you one what? No please don't tell me. That scares me too!

fletch
1st-October-2006, 08:44 AM
I owe you one what? No please don't tell me. That scares me too!

Stop it :tears: :tears: I don't scare you RIGHT :angry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
1st-October-2006, 09:47 AM
Stop it :tears: :tears: I don't scare you RIGHT :angry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You.... don't.... scare.... me....

Any other commands? :flower:

Lynn
1st-October-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm going to a Ceroc NI freestyle this Saturday! :clap:And I was a woman with a mission - to dance with every man in the room. It took me from 9:30 - 11:30pm but I achieved it! And yes, I asked for every single one of those dances (to be fair it would have been difficult for many to ask me to dance, I wasn't off the floor very much!).

A fun night. :D

fletch
1st-October-2006, 02:57 PM
Any other commands? :flower:

Now.....I hear you have been an naughty little boy haven't you :devil:

mistress is going have to teach you a lesson:eek:

TheTramp
1st-October-2006, 02:58 PM
And I'm supposed to not be scared?? :eek:

fletch
1st-October-2006, 03:02 PM
And I'm supposed to not be scared?? :eek:

Stop been a whimp :rolleyes:

or you really will get a spanking next time I see you :wink:

are you not with CJ ? you were on Friday :confused:

I was hoping for a few bigginer moves this afternoon :na:

I need to practice my handcuffs :waycool:

TheTramp
1st-October-2006, 03:08 PM
Fraid not. Couldn't make it down today unfortunately....

You'll have to come up to Scotland! :hug:

fletch
1st-October-2006, 03:12 PM
You'll have to come up

I have been know to go up as well as down :whistle:

so is than an offer :wink:

WittyBird
1st-October-2006, 08:57 PM
Posting from a Villa @ Camber just to let you all know Myself, Taz and Cruella getting ready to go out, but a wicked time is being had :D
Ner ner ner ner ner :na:

Missy D
1st-October-2006, 09:24 PM
Posting from a Villa @ Camber just to let you all know Myself, Taz and Cruella getting ready to go out, but a wicked time is being had :D

Oh wish I was back at Camber:tears:

So who will C be sharing the sofa bed with:whistle:

Thanks for last night WB :hug:

Lory
1st-October-2006, 09:26 PM

OMG, I've won a bet :clap:

I knew Cruella would end up going to Bliss :cheers:

robd
1st-October-2006, 10:04 PM

Whoever was daft enough to lay you odds on that gives credence to the saying ' a fool and his money are easily parted' :rolleyes:

Kev F
1st-October-2006, 10:14 PM
Whoever was daft enough to lay you odds on that gives credence to the saying ' a fool and his money are easily parted' :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Lory
1st-October-2006, 10:21 PM
:rolleyes:

:D :Mutley type snigger: :D

robd
1st-October-2006, 10:25 PM
What you do with your car keys wouldn't normally interest me Kev :whistle: but tell me they weren't part of the bet :eek:

fletch
1st-October-2006, 10:39 PM

stop fibbing you carn't be having all that fun i'm not there

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 05:51 AM
stop fibbing you carn't be having all that fun i'm not there

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Missed you so much :tears:
It wasn't the same without you there babes :hug:

Cruella
2nd-October-2006, 02:55 PM

:blush:

Ok, i have no will power!

Kev F
2nd-October-2006, 05:56 PM
What you do with your car keys wouldn't normally interest me Kev :whistle: but tell me they weren't part of the bet :eek:

If only it was that easy. :wink:

I'll have double or quits on something soon, because I'm certainly not looking forward to my penance of only line dancing at Breeze :sick: ...in a cowboy hat, boots and leather chaps. :innocent:

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 05:58 PM
...in chaps. :innocent:

Kev I carn't weight to see you 'come in some chaps'

:rofl: