PDA

View Full Version : PM Limit

TheTramp
6th-May-2003, 03:43 PM
Hiya Franck....

Is the limit on PMs still 500 per person?

If so, will you raise it please, or am I going to have to start deleting again? :tears:

Steve

Franck
6th-May-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Is the limit on PMs still 500 per person?

If so, will you raise it please, or am I going to have to start deleting again? :tears: I am afraid it is... are you sure you need to keep that many PMs??? There must be a few that could be deleted...

I'll take a look at the stats / usage, and see if the limit can be raised beyond that.

Franck.

Franck
6th-May-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Franck
I'll take a look at the stats / usage, and see if the limit can be raised beyond that. Hmmm, quoting myself... how bad can it get :wink:

Anyway, I had a look at the stats (they tell me how many messages are kept) and it looks like only a handful of people keep hundreds of messages, so at the moment, I can increase the allowance. I have now doubled it to 1000... Enjoy!

Franck.

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I'm going to have to start deleting again? :tears: Being a professional de-clutterer, I can't help wondering why you don't just let them go into that big recycle bin in the sky.... well, you might want to keep some of the clever and funny and cute ones I send you, of course :innocent:

Wxxx

Dreadful Scathe
7th-May-2003, 03:59 PM
Ive never understood peoples ability to historically store stuff they'll never read again, or am I wrong ....are the PM's so important to the rest of your life?

Maybe theTramp should post his 500+ messages so we can judge if he should be keeping them :)

TheTramp
7th-May-2003, 04:05 PM
It's more a question of being too lazy to go through and delete them all....

At one point in work, I had somewhere over 20,000 emails. And the IT people were quite mean and told me that I had to get rid of a few :D

Steve

PS. Don't tell Franck!! :wink:

Aleks
7th-May-2003, 04:37 PM
It's much easier if you delete as you go along...try the "one time" rule - you only touch correspondence once, deal with it, then move on! All "simplify your life" books promote it and I am sure that Wendy will agree (crosses fingers).

TheTramp
7th-May-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
It's much easier if you delete as you go along...try the "one time" rule - you only touch correspondence once, deal with it, then move on! All "simplify your life" books promote it and I am sure that Wendy will agree (crosses fingers). Well. I could do that. Or I could just ask Franck to increase the PM limit too. Which has worked so far :D

Steve