PDA

View Full Version : Who's competing in Midlands champs in Nov

Jivingdan
24th-September-2006, 02:24 AM
Hi all. I am thinking of competing in the intermediates at the midlands champs. I wondered if anybody was going to give it a go especially after everybodies comments about the Party in the Potteries

littlewiggle
24th-September-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm going with a couple of friends and we are just gonna take 'pot luck' and compete in Lucky Dip.

Gus
24th-September-2006, 11:39 AM
I wondered if anybody was going to give it a go especially after everybodies comments about the Party in the PotteriesSuggest you ask Fletch ... I'm sure she will give you a realistic view ..... as long as she's not worried about getting banned :wink:

There are a few of the more estabished freestyles on that night (see UK-Jive.co.uk) so you may find a lot of the good dancers elsewhere :blush:

sidney
25th-September-2006, 09:56 AM
I went to a freestyle on fri in Derby, it was a ceroc one can't remember the name in Sponden, and Marc and Rachel were doing the class with a Chris doing the music. The music was fab all night and I thank the dj at the end of the night, but it was not full which I was quite surprised as I expected many from the Notts and other areas, there was far more beginners then experience dancers and again more women so it was a mixed night as I would go again if the same crew was doing the music, the rest of my group felt the same.:nice:

sidney
25th-September-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah go to Coventry on fri, I have always gone to Ian's freestyle and he is a really friendly chap, great floor and venue, they did have a problem with the floor last month, but Ian said they put the wrong stuff on it, and no class which is great so pure dancing all night.:D

fletch
25th-September-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah go to Coventry on fri, I have always gone to Ian's freestyle and he is a really friendly chap, great floor and venue, they did have a problem with the floor last month, but Ian said they put the wrong stuff on it, and no class which is great so pure dancing all night.:D

I have just spoken to Ian :hug: I have my children this weekend due to it been my sons 9th Birthday on Saturday Ian has said it will be OK for me to take them :clap:

So I will be dancing :yeah:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a good night last month, the floor wasn't a problem for me, but I know some said it was, i'm sure it will be ok this Friday :flower:

Save me a dance :hug: ho and my daughter :nice:

Patrick
25th-September-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi all. I am thinking of competing in the intermediates at the midlands champs. I wondered if anybody was going to give it a go especially after everybodies comments about the Party in the Potteries

Fortunately, I am completely unaware of the social sensitivites in the Midlands scene, so I will be entering the Intermediates regardless.

But jumping in with both feet... I did go to Blitz in Stockport on Sat, my first 'northern' adventure (not counting, Scotland which is a whole other country). Had a very nice evening, met up with a partner previously from down south. Compared with my local venues, it was a big and lovely hall, lots of people, very friendly, almost got a date without even trying. :grin: (It would never have worked). However, sound quality was dire and far too loud, choice of music was :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :tears: (I didn't know people actually danced MJ to ancient pop music, though it does appear to be technically possible ;) ). It did improve later in the evening. And they did play our favourite track! (What Lover Wants). :respect: :respect: My partner found the guys very good on the whole, even the one who almost pulled her hands off, (apart from the hands-pulling-off bit). The ladies ranged from very beginnery to excellent, but all very good comapny. I was impressed how many beginners were giving it a go so soon. Couldn't stay till the end, would be fascinated to know what the 'last dance' track was.

Apologies in advance to ancient pop afficianados. With a few exceptions, I think that stuff was better in the discos first time round. Move on!

Patrick :flower:

PS Fletch, praps u can illuminate me (biggish word)
PPS This thread is off the rails.. it wasn't me!

jivecat
25th-September-2006, 12:17 PM

Wouldn't mind giving it a go if I had a suitable partner. And the entrance fees weren't too much. What did everyone say about TPITP, anyway?

I did go to Blitz in Stockport on Sat.....snip.....however sound quality was dire and far too loud, choice of music was (I didn't know people actually danced MJ to ancient pop music, though it does appear to be technically possible )

No change there, then.

I was just chatting to JiveCat yesterday and we are lamenting the quality of the venues around here... It is a shame but apparently Mark is DJing more m=now in Nottingham - so that's worth a visit!!A two-pronged attack consisting of frank and direct emails to the organisers coupled with a general whinge and moan on the forum has apparently worked well in other cases, though I think it's pointless and somewhat unfair to do the latter before the former. Trouble is, I haven't been to a Midlands event in months so am no longer in a position to moan about them.:rolleyes:

Patrick
25th-September-2006, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't mind giving it a go if I had a suitable partner. And the entrance fees weren't too much. What did everyone say about TPITP, anyway?

Are you a Tomcat or a Pussy Cat Doll? (Sorry I'm new here)

Now I look again, the entry fees are surprisingly steep. All £25 except Lucky Dip £5. Plus £25 for entrance ticket. And no Friday Freestyle? (There's an unofficial local one I think). But the Showcase category is good value, usually has a premium on it. Glad there is an airsteps category, but airsteps partners are just so hard to keep hold of...

I know nothing of this 'TPITP' of which you speak... But I gather Fletch does.

Patrick :cheers:

DavidY
25th-September-2006, 12:57 PM
I went to a freestyle on fri in Derby, it was a ceroc one can't remember the name in Sponden, and Marc and Rachel were doing the class with a Chris doing the music. The music was fab all night and I thank the dj at the end of the night, but it was not full which I was quite surprised as I expected many from the Notts and other areas, there was far more beginners then experience dancers and again more women so it was a mixed night as I would go again if the same crew was doing the music, the rest of my group felt the same.:nice:Chris normally DJs at Rugby on Thursday (not this week though 'cos it's closed), and I think at Daventry on Mondays.
I enjoyed the freestyle on Friday but as you say it was a bit quiet.
I did go to Blitz in Stockport on SatI went there too
almost got a date without even trying. :grin: you did better than me..
However, sound quality was dire and far too loudI think it always is - it's a visually impressive venue but accoustically it's not that great - I think it's a characteristic of the building.

jivecat
25th-September-2006, 05:18 PM
Are you a Tomcat or a Pussy Cat Doll? (Sorry I'm new here)
I can confirm that I am a 100% Lady Cat. (Bat eyelash smiley)

Now I look again, the entry fees are surprisingly steep. All £25 except Lucky Dip £5. Plus £25 for entrance ticket. And no Friday Freestyle? (There's an unofficial local one I think). But the Showcase category is good value, usually has a premium on it. Glad there is an airsteps category, but airsteps partners are just so hard to keep hold of...That's a lot of money just to do a bit of posing about only to be told you have not been placed.

I know nothing of this 'TPITP' of which you speak... But I gather Fletch does.

Patrick :cheers:
I've heard garbled rumours, but last time I saw Fletch other issues were higher up our gossip agenda.

Patrick
25th-September-2006, 07:24 PM
I can confirm that I am a 100% Lady Cat. (Bat eyelash smiley)
Well I guessed that wrong!

That's a lot of money just to do a bit of posing about only to be told you have not been placed.
If you fancy a bit of expensive posing, let me know. You can get not-placed in any category for the same money in this competition...

I've heard garbled rumours, but last time I saw Fletch other issues were higher up our gossip agenda.
Perhaps we'll never know. Hard enough to keep up with what's going on in my own area.

Patrick :flower:

DianaS
26th-September-2006, 11:18 AM
Trouble is, I haven't been to a Midlands event in months so am no longer in a position to moan about them.:rolleyes:

Me too!!

fletch
26th-September-2006, 02:24 PM
IS ANYONE ACTUALLY GOING TO THIS COMPETITION?

Well Trousers you haven't said :rolleyes:

Patrick
26th-September-2006, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE]Fletch sits back and waits for the entrants to come flooding in :whistle:

The organiser told me the categories were filling up quickly.

No Patrick YOU don't bounce thats why you don't get it :na:

So it's not to be encouraged then, this bouncy thing? I did once have a dance with Tiggerbabe... not bouncy bouncy, but certainly fun fun fun fun fun.

fletch
26th-September-2006, 03:14 PM
The organiser told me the categories were filling up quickly.

ho yeah :rolleyes:

Must be all the positive comment from the forum :wink:

Patrick
26th-September-2006, 03:34 PM
ho yeah :rolleyes:

Must be all the positive comment from the forum :wink:

So I can't tempt you to a category... any category? (Lots of risky ideas I'm not going to publicise)

Pity there's no Double Trouble :wink:

fletch
26th-September-2006, 04:19 PM
So I can't tempt you to a category... any category? (Lots of risky ideas I'm not going to publicise)

Pity there's no Double Trouble :wink:

You could tempt me Patrick :wink: ho you mean to compete.:D

double trouble now that could be quite a bounce category for me.:na:

I'm thinking of buying a black wig and going in incognito,:whistle: only two problems:eek:

:rofl:

stewart38
26th-September-2006, 04:33 PM
Suggest you ask Fletch ... I'm sure she will give you a realistic view ..... as long as she's not worried about getting banned :wink:

reminds me I was there with my digital camera havent posted anything yet re the altercation :what:

fletch
26th-September-2006, 04:34 PM
reminds me I was there with my digital camera havent posted anything yet re the altercation :what:

Be strong my son :D

What altercation :what:

so......your opinion is :confused: