PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Funky Lush tonight?

Emma
23rd-September-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone going? As I am a Big Wimp I don't want to drive all the way over there and not see anyone I know :sick:

Divissima
23rd-September-2006, 05:08 PM
Anyone going? As I am a Big Wimp I don't want to drive all the way over there and not see anyone I know :sick:Me - and TwK on the decks.

Emma
23rd-September-2006, 05:21 PM
Me - and TwK on the decks.This is indeed persuasive :nice:

WittyBird
23rd-September-2006, 05:32 PM
Think Cruella & ZW are going :D

jacksondonut
23rd-September-2006, 05:53 PM
Me too.... and Jivecat I believe ... see you later..

Luv Jan
:hug:

Toby wan Kenobe
23rd-September-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes Em,

Lot's of people you'd know,
Plus you wouldn't want to miss out on Amir & Cat's fab new Cabaret or my bluesy set from Soutport...
TwK

Anyone going? As I am a Big Wimp I don't want to drive all the way over there and not see anyone I know :sick:

Will
23rd-September-2006, 07:52 PM
Me - and TwK on the decks.
With Divi DJing, I might have to give it a go! :waycool:

Sunshine_Annie
24th-September-2006, 01:05 AM
well I went along and had an awesome time:D :D :D

had some amazing dances, didnt stop smiling the whole night

think it might take me a while to come down from the high......:whistle: :whistle:

thank you to everyone I danced with and especially to the men that asked me to dance..... it does make the evenings so much nicer :D

sorry about my dodgy following and playing.....

hope to make it to the next one....

nite all
x

Mostlysane
24th-September-2006, 01:40 AM

Me. :) I'll be going. In fact i did go. Awesome night. And great to meet a couple more of the forumites. Hurrah for TWK and crew. And Amir and Cat's cabaret was pretty awesome as well. :respect:

Here's to the next one. 28th October i believe. Did i hear something about a FL tea dance coming up? I wasn't really listening to the announcements. Was I right and if so, did anyone catch what date it is?

McJester
24th-September-2006, 02:03 AM
it was fun.... first time at it and I can recommend it to my fellow northerners

Had fab time and some brilliantly silly dances ( not thinking of ZW or Yilinder or Mr Darcy at all ) .

Thanks to all my wonder people I danced with and it is good to put a few more faces to names.

:hug:

McJester

Cruella
24th-September-2006, 01:00 PM
Me. :) . And great to meet a couple more of the forumites.

Thanks for the lovely dance, it was nice to meet you.:flower:

Mostlysane
24th-September-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the lovely dance, it was nice to meet you.:flower:

Ditto and likewise. Thankyou :cheers: Looking forwards to the next one or two. :grin:

Andreas
24th-September-2006, 06:29 PM
It was a great night indeed. Tanks heaps to David and Lily for taking me there! :hug: :cheers: (You sort out who wants which of those.)

Great music, Toby. It was the first time that I got to dance a Bachata at a Jive event, cool. Great tag at the beginning, sorry I busted in there.

Thanks heaps to all the lovely ladies for all the fun dances! My performance curve dropped pretty quickly, as I was just pretty tired but I hope you will forgive me if I wasn't quite as agile as you may have wished. I enjoyed it anyway, so what the heck. :na: :hug: :kiss:

Emma
24th-September-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope you will forgive me if I wasn't quite as agile as you may have wished. Heaven help me if I dance with you when you're feeling agile..! :what: :flower:

It was lovely as ever to see Divi and TWK (great music my man :worthy: )...as well as the 'loads of people I'll know' and a fair few that I didn't. Many thanks to all the lovely chaps who danced with me. I confess I wasn't having one of my better nights, but this had nothing to do with the music or the company! :nice:

Oh, and particular thanks to SpinDr for rescuing me from the United Reformed carpark!! :hug:

jacksondonut
24th-September-2006, 07:35 PM
It was a great night indeed.

Thanks heaps to all the lovely ladies for all the fun dances! My performance curve dropped pretty quickly, as I was just pretty tired but I hope you will forgive me if I wasn't quite as agile as you may have wished. I enjoyed it anyway, so what the heck. :na: :hug: :kiss:

I had lots of fun too.... :clap: :clap: To me, you seemed to have LOADS of energy, even right at the end of the night.. :yeah: :yeah:

Oh yes, thanks for taking me for a spin..:eek: (!) It was great:flower:

Yliander
24th-September-2006, 07:52 PM
I made it to Funky Lush last night - slightly later than intended due to faffing around - had a lovely night - great to see so many familar faces, meet new faces - and especially some more forumites :hug:

thanks to all for the lovely dances and chats - look forward to the chance to attend more of thse fun events

Andreas
24th-September-2006, 09:58 PM
I had lots of fun too.... :clap: :clap: To me, you seemed to have LOADS of energy, even right at the end of the night.. :yeah: :yeah:
I am just a good actor! (really? no) I was pretty quiet on the way home and let David and Lily do the talking after a while. :D

Oh yes, thanks for taking me for a spin..:eek: (!)
You were literally begging for that one. :na:

Oh, I have cut my nails even shorter so my fingers won't reach that far next time. :whistle: :rofl:

Sunshine_Annie
25th-September-2006, 10:47 AM
When did they say the next one was, in my head I was still spinning round the dance floor when he said the date?

Maybe next time I might introduce myself to you guys, I was a bit shy saturday, was dead nervous about going and was very very pleased to see Mostly sat in the corner after I'd got my drink... I'll even admit I was shaking a bit when I walked in the door...

a

p.s Andreas if that was you on a bad nigth I dont think I'll ask you to dance again, I wont be able to keep up ;-)

Andreas
25th-September-2006, 06:03 PM
p.s Andreas if that was you on a bad nigth I dont think I'll ask you to dance again, I wont be able to keep up ;-)

On a good night I'd lead you into fewer of those 'special' leans. :rofl:

Sunshine_Annie
25th-September-2006, 06:25 PM
:(
On a good night I'd lead you into fewer of those 'special' leans. :rofl:

you can try....:cool: i'm dead good at blocking and being in the wrong place.... leaning/dipping is all about trust and :respect: and thats gotta be earned :D :D well in my books anyway.... and bascially i'm a chicken who has a great fear of landing on the floor... :yum: ok so i would be laughing if I ended up there but hey :rofl:

Toby wan Kenobe
25th-September-2006, 11:23 PM
Next FunkyLush Dance Party is Saturday 28th October.....

TwK
FunkyLush info from www.funkylush.com
DJ Kenobe dance music recommendations from www.amanteballo.com (http://www.amanteballo.com)

When did they say the next one was, in my head I was still spinning round the dance floor when he said the date?

a

Cruella
26th-September-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh yes, thanks for taking me for a spin..:eek: :
Me too, i haven't had a man make me scream like that for ages! :innocent:

Yliander
26th-September-2006, 12:42 PM
Next FunkyLush Dance Party is Saturday 28th October..... Sadly I will miss this one as I will be flitting around Turkey

Andreas
26th-September-2006, 12:51 PM
Me too, i haven't had a man make me scream like that for ages! :innocent:
Neither did I think you could scream quite as loud as you did. You surely are a screamer. :whistle: :na:

Cruella
26th-September-2006, 12:59 PM
Neither did I think you could scream quite as loud as you did. You surely are a screamer. :whistle: :na:

Only for the right man!

Andreas
26th-September-2006, 01:03 PM
Only for the right man!
I am flattered. :blush: :love: :hug: :kiss: :flower: :awe:

robd
26th-September-2006, 04:38 PM
I am flattered. :blush: :love: :hug: :kiss: :flower: :awe:

Could have been flattened if you'd put a foot wrong :sick:

Cruella
26th-September-2006, 04:41 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Have you remembered we have a long journey together soon? :whistle:

robd
26th-September-2006, 04:44 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Have you remembered we have a long journey together soon? :whistle:

I'm collecting empty egg boxes to line the car with as we speak.

Cruella
26th-September-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm collecting empty egg boxes to line the car with as we speak.
Don't do that, if you soundproof the car we won't be let past all the traffic when they think it's a siren they can hear!

WittyBird
26th-September-2006, 04:49 PM

Would love to be a fly on the wall in that car :whistle:

Andreas
26th-September-2006, 08:53 PM

Come on Rob. You should know by now, it is technique that counts, not size. :D

Would love to be a fly on the wall in that car :whistle:

On which side of the egg boxes? :na:

Sunshine_Annie
26th-September-2006, 11:29 PM
Come on Rob. You should know by now, it is technique that counts, not size. :D

Really!!!:whistle:

robd