PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ! Ticket for Camber !!!

Wendy
5th-May-2003, 11:23 PM
(Just have the energy for one post tonight. Will resume normal services tomorrow :wink: )

If anyone knows anyone who has a ticket for one (very optimistic :D ) female for Camber, please let me know as I'd love to go...

Wxxx

PS So I can make transport arrangements, I'm giving myself till Wednesday midnight to find a ticket and after that I'll give up on the idea this time round.....

Twinkle Toes
5th-May-2003, 11:28 PM
I think Blue34 had a place, but not sure if it's still available.

... and well done in the comps Wendy, go girl go !!!

TT

:hug:

LilyB
6th-May-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
(Just have the energy for one post tonight. Will resume normal services tomorrow :wink: )

If anyone knows anyone who has a ticket for one (very optimistic :D ) female for Camber, please let me know as I'd love to go...

Wxxx

PS So I can make transport arrangements, I'm giving myself till Wednesday midnight to find a ticket and after that I'll give up on the idea this time round.....
Try contacting Franco (of JiveTime) directly by telephone. I think he had a few last-minute cancellations. Would be great to see you at Camber!

LilyB

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
Would be great to see you at Camber! Thanks Lily. Will try tomorrow. Great to meet you and would love to see you both at Camber. Fingers crossed !!!

Wxxxxx

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks everyone - especially The Tramp, Vivian and Maurice (sp?) and Franck for the fabulous forum !!!! :kiss:

I am going to Camber
I am going to Camber
Na na na na - hey
Na na na na - hey

Just got to get my transport sorted now, so if anyone knows anyone going by car from Scotland with a space for one (very happy !!!!) female, please let me know. Any suggestions for flights, buses, best way to get there will be most appreciated as well. I think I've still got time to walk there if I have to !!!

Cheers !!!

Wendy xxx

TheTramp
6th-May-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Thanks everyone - especially The Tramp, Vivian and Maurice (sp?) and Franck for the fabulous forum !!!! :kiss:

I am going to Camber
I am going to Camber
Na na na na - hey
Na na na na - hey

Just got to get my transport sorted now, so if anyone knows anyone going by car from Scotland with a space for one (very happy !!!!) female, please let me know. Any suggestions for flights, buses, best way to get there will be most appreciated as well. I think I've still got time to walk there if I have to !!!

Cheers !!!

Wendy xxx Ummm. It's Tuesday. Which gives you 3 days before it starts, and 5.5 days until it's all over.

Glasgow to Camber is, (according to the RAC) 483.3 miles. So, you'd have to walk 161.1 miles per day to get there by the start, or 87.87 miles per day to get there just as we're all leaving.

So, I suggest that you don't use that method Wendy!!

However, if you can arrange a flight into (and out of) Gatwick, arriving sometime Friday morning/lunchtime, and leaving around Monday early afternoon (2pm onwards), I will pick you up and take you back there.

The only other thing you need to do is make sure that you have your pass in your hand by then, as they won't let you onto the site without it. I will be at Hipsters on Wednesday, and Fulham on Thursday. If the person you are having the ticket off is going to be at either of those two places, then they can give me your pass if you want a lift with me (which will be safer than posting it). If they want the money upfront, I can also pay them, and you can give it back to me.

Hope this helps (and I won't feel offended if you get another option that makes it easier).

Steve

TheTramp
6th-May-2003, 03:37 PM
Just had a look at www.british-airways.com and www.easyjet.com

You can get a return flight on BA for about £120 to Gatwick

You can get a return flight on Easyjet for about £70 to Luton, and can then get a train (Thameslink) from Luton Airport Parkway to Tooting (where I live). Don't know the price of that - probably around £30, maybe a little cheaper.

I'd guess those are your two best options if you want to fly. Bus or train (or a lift in a car) would probably be cheaper, though obviously not as easy.

Am I helping at all? :D

Steve

Emma
6th-May-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey Hey Wendy! Looks like I'll get to lead you much sooner than we thought! Hurrah! :hug: See ya there!!! *skippity hop*

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Hey Hey Wendy! Looks like I'll get to lead you much sooner than we thought! Hurrah! :hug: See ya there!!! *skippity hop* Great !!!!! looking forward to it !!!! And the PMs the night before !!!!

(Not skipping today..... too tired.....)

Wxxxxx

Emma
6th-May-2003, 05:58 PM
I can manage virtual skips :wink:

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Am I helping at all? Yes !!!!! Will reply by PM - looks like I'll be flying and going with you but still working on it....

Wxxxx

Wendy
6th-May-2003, 09:24 PM
So I'm totally sorted for Camber. :D

Steve The Tramp has kindly offered to pick me up at Gatwick on Friday AND take me back on Monday !!!! Sadly I have to listen to his music :sad: AND dance with him :sick: but hey there's no such thing as a free lunch. :wink:

Thanks for everyone's help in getting this sorted !!!

Looking forward to another great weekend !!!

Wxxxxxxxx

PS Steve told me to tell you that he is a horrible person really. He was worried all this nicey, nicey stuff might ruin his reputation. :D

thewacko
8th-November-2004, 11:00 AM
ANY ONE STILL INTERESTED

I still have one ticket left for either a male of female

just send me a personal message if your interested :cheers:

SilverFox
8th-November-2004, 11:18 AM
Have also got a spare ticket for Camber. Sharing a 6 bed chalet, prefer female.

PM if interested. :)

thewacko
8th-November-2004, 11:22 AM
hey mine is sharing a 5 berth chalet, but only 3 of us in it at the mo. so much more space than sharing a 6 bed :rolleyes: :D

Bigger Andy
8th-November-2004, 02:18 PM
CAMBER THIS WEEKEND - A FEW SPARE PLACES

1 spare ticket for Camber with no accommodation. Telephone Gareth on 07855 635990
1 spare place with accommodation for 1 man contact Les at :- lesjive@tiscali.co.uk
2 tickets (no accommodation) for Camber. Email karen.chaplin1@btinternet.com

thewacko
8th-November-2004, 02:24 PM
ooh
forgot I also have a ticket without accomodation, going half price if anyone is interested PM to me

cheers :grin:

as well as the 1 with accomodation