PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch "How Ballet changed my life"?

marty_baby
21st-September-2006, 12:23 PM
Hiya all,

Did anyone watch that "How Ballet changed my life"?

Wow, bit of an eye opener!

My heart really went out to some of those kids. Hard knocks, with no inspirational peers to pull them out of their self destructive circles. It was a great gesture from the world of Ballet, to inspire those that really needed it.

Will the majority of the class make it into top flight ballet dancers? Of course not, but that was not the point of the 18 month exercise.

Great viewing, and brill to see the contrast of the 2 worlds in the same dancehall.

Cheers
Martin :nice:

Lory
21st-September-2006, 01:02 PM
Did anyone watch that "How Ballet changed my life"?

Ooh, I forgot, I set the video to record this, I shall watch it later! :cheers:

jive_me
21st-September-2006, 02:47 PM
Fanastically done and very thought provoking.

xXx:flower:

tantric.goddess
21st-September-2006, 09:29 PM
It was amazing!! It reduced me to tears.

When the one fourteen year old girl told...How her father had Murdered her mother! as she cried her eyes out.....Wow!!!!! Just How LUCKY are we......
Makes One think.......!!

Lory
3rd-December-2006, 09:59 PM
For anyone who missed this wonderful series, their showing the whole lot again, in one hit, on More 4 this Saturday the 9th Dec - starting at 7:05pm

I'd recommend taping it as I think it would be too long to watch in one hit

but

just be prepared to get frustrated, angry and sad but also to laugh and cry tears of joy!

Nessiemonster
3rd-December-2006, 11:31 PM
It was one of the most inspirational programmes I've seen in a long time. I've always been a believer in the power of dance to change peoples' lives and allow a means of expression that is otherwise unavailable. Add to that the discipline of learning ballet into these kids chaotic lives, combined with the approach of the youth team (Wow - how do they do that job :respect: ) it truly was amazing.

To see the effect on these kids and how well some of them danced by the end, the respect they gained for themselves and others - awesome.

Such a shame I no longer live down south - that's a performance I would gladly have travelled a few miles to see.

That's the kind of reality tv I want to see!!