PDA

View Full Version : Heading Down South

McJester
20th-September-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm coming down to visit London / surrounding area and wanted to know what is worth going to.

I'll be heading down this weekend either Friday (22nd) or Saturday and coming back on the 9th Oct unless there is something worth staying around an extra day or two for.

I will be on a course from the 28th thru to the 6th so my dancing will be limited to the Earl's Court end of town and I do have to catch up with a couple of muggle friends as well.

So what is worth me taking my dance shoes and kilt to.

hugs

McJ

Cruella
20th-September-2006, 05:05 PM
Ashtons friday and Funky Lush on sat. There's a Jango Tdance sunday too.

CJ
20th-September-2006, 05:07 PM
Ashtons friday and Funky Lush on sat. There's a Jango Tdance sunday too.

which ones?!?!?! Dates, woman, we need dates!!:rolleyes:

Cruella
20th-September-2006, 05:07 PM
which ones?!?!?! Dates, woman, we need dates!!:rolleyes:

First time i've been asked for a date in years! :love:

CJ
20th-September-2006, 05:09 PM
First time i've been asked for a date in years! :love:

Why ask you for a date, when you promise so much more...

Cruella
20th-September-2006, 05:13 PM
22/09/2006
Ashtons Freestyle
194 Cricklewood Broadway
Cricklewood
NW2
Admission £7
Start: 8:00pm
End: 12:00am
Click here for more information
or phone 0208 964 4442

Funky-Lush
Sat 23rd September 8pm - 12
Venue: Burnham Park Hall, Windsor Lane, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HR

Jango Tdance.
£7, dancing from 3pm to 6pm!
The Putney Club
63 Upper Richmond Rd
Putney
SW15 2RD
There is also a workshop prior to this.

David Bailey
20th-September-2006, 05:27 PM
The Sunday Jango T-dance is quite close to Earl's Court.

Hammersmith (Sat 23rd - this Sat) and Casbah (on every Friday) are also close - almost walking-distance. See www.ceroclondon.com for details.

Ashtons (Cricklewood), as discussed on another thread, is probably best avoided if you don't have a car, and if you don't know the area.

And Burnham's bloody miles away from London - OK if you have a lift, but not otherwise.

David Bailey
20th-September-2006, 05:29 PM
I kept clicking but nothing happened? :confused: :innocent:

Cruella
20th-September-2006, 05:51 PM
and Casbah (on every Friday) .

Casbah is closed on the 22nd.
(You pick on my posts and i'll pick on yours) :na:

Yliander
20th-September-2006, 06:35 PM
22/09/2006
Ashtons Freestyle
194 Cricklewood Broadway
Cricklewood
NW2
Admission £7
Start: 8:00pm
End: 12:00am
or phone 0208 964 4442 if i am in London Friday might make it to this

Funky-Lush
Venue: Burnham Park Hall, Windsor Lane, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HR if I can get my hands on the car this I will absolutely be at:clap:

Jango Tdance.
£7, dancing from 3pm to 6pm!
The Putney Club
63 Upper Richmond Rd
Putney
SW15 2RD
There is also a workshop prior to this.is this this weekend or the one after

Cruella
20th-September-2006, 08:52 PM
is this this weekend or the one after

This weekend, the 24th. :flower:

McJester
21st-September-2006, 12:24 AM
Funky-Lush
Venue: Burnham Park Hall, Windsor Lane, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HR

Thanks for the info Cruella, after consulting with my muggle friends in the deepest darkest most unexplored parts of Englandshire ( Newbury and Essex ):whistle: it looks like I will be at Funky-Lush on Saturday, unfortunately I have to make it to the far end off Essex on Sunday so I won't be making the Jango TDance :tears: mind you I might make it to the Jango class night.

Yliander - where would you need the car from as I will be driving that night and your exquisite company is always appreciated

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday still to arrange

McJester
21st-September-2006, 12:30 AM
The Sunday Jango T-dance is quite close to Earl's Court.

Hammersmith (Sat 23rd - this Sat) and Casbah (on every Friday) are also close - almost walking-distance. See www.ceroclondon.com for details.

Ashtons (Cricklewood), as discussed on another thread, is probably best avoided if you don't have a car, and if you don't know the area.

And Burnham's bloody miles away from London - OK if you have a lift, but not otherwise.

Thanks, I think I'll make the Casbah one night I'm down, looks like I won't make in to Earl's Court till wednesday and thanks for the link

:cheers:
McJ

FirstMove
21st-September-2006, 12:15 PM
Surely it's about time there was a poll for this weekend :flower:

WittyBird
21st-September-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I think I'll make the Casbah one night I'm down

I wouldn't bother IMHO it's the most awful place ever. I'd rather eat my own vomit than go there. :really:

Ner ner CeeCee :na:

Lou
21st-September-2006, 12:40 PM
Surely it's about time there was a poll for this weekend :flower:
Don't tempt me! :devil:

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 01:12 PM
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday still to arrange

You could try the Grand at Clapham on the Monday. (It's my "home" venue.) It's actually in a club, so a bit different from most venues, and the floor is, well, mixed!

The train from Clapham Junction (right opposite) to Olympia takes 10 mins, though you'll have to time it right - 11.03 and 11.05 but then not another one till 11.35, though there are plenty of trains up to Waterloo/Victoria and you could then tube it. But it usually finished 10.45 so you should be OK.

McJester
22nd-September-2006, 05:06 AM
I wouldn't bother IMHO it's the most awful place ever. I'd rather eat my own vomit than go there. :really:

Ner ner CeeCee :na:

Hmm so I won't be seeing you there then, pity would love to meet you, the reason I thought I'd give it a go is it is just along the road from the hotel I am staying at, it's on Cromwell Rd

You could try the Grand at Clapham on the Monday. (It's my "home" venue.) It's actually in a club, so a bit different from most venues, and the floor is, well, mixed!

The train from Clapham Junction (right opposite) to Olympia takes 10 mins, though you'll have to time it right - 11.03 and 11.05 but then not another one till 11.35, though there are plenty of trains up to Waterloo/Victoria and you could then tube it. But it usually finished 10.45 so you should be OK.

I'll bare this one in mind, just have to see how the course is going, there is a lot of practice in the evenings, I'll see what I can do, I would like to meet more forumites.

Definite plans so far

Saturday 23 - Funky Lush

Tuesday - No sure exactly but I'll be with the wonderful JacksonDonut wherever she is

Wednesday - Thinking the Russell Sqr Jive bar

Friday - the Casbah ... it is just along the road and I can always say afterwards the cheesy line about Rock the Casbah... ok I'm sad I know

If there is anything outstanding on after this please let me know, not sure when I'll check my PM's after the start of my course (28th to the 6th - yipes 9 days straight ) but please feel free, and if anyone feels like meeting for a drink and getting to know a strange Ginger Hairy Scotsman - also available in kilt ( who believes this thing about national sterotypes ) give me a PM or a shout on 07768 094 134

As for the weekend of 6th/7th/8th oct I am still in the dark as to the plans, have to see what CJ is upto and as I am staying with the Beautiful Icey and the rather cute Mr Darcy I will be guided by there good taste.

hugs

McJ

WittyBird
23rd-September-2006, 04:33 AM
Hmm so I won't be seeing you there then, pity would love to meet you

I'd also really love to meet you too sweetie, heard so much :love:

WittyBird
23rd-September-2006, 04:39 AM
have to see what CJ is upto

:whistle: Hmmm no idea :whistle:

McJester
24th-September-2006, 02:21 AM
I'd also really love to meet you too sweetie, heard so much :love:

You've heard about me and you still want to meet .... the rumours obvious haven't come this far south yet :D ... catch up with you during the next couple of weeks :love:

Well progress so far

Arrived in Newbury 3 hours late yesterday, managed to find 5 different traffic jams on route, then had dinner with my muggle friends and ended up drinking 5 bottles of wine between Freya ( not our beloved dance one ) and myself, Rob is more of a Cider man.

Went to Funky Lush tonight and it was lovely, nice friendly welcome and one of the more interesting dances with a new person in quite a while, isn't that right ZebraWoman. Met a few familiar faces ( JacksonDonut, Mr Darcy, Icey, Yilinder, Dave and Lilly, Cruella, Dizzy Etc ) and was introduced to some new to me forumites.

Amir and Cat's cabaret was amazing, reminds me of how much tango I have to learn.

Dancing was fun and thank you to everyone I danced with, especially Mr Darcy :wink:

So off to the shower and then bed for me now.

:hug:

McJ