PDA

View Full Version : This f****** forum!

Patrick
20th-September-2006, 07:58 AM
Every time I try to post or PM, and I take more than about 10 sec to do it, I get logged out. Log back in, blank screen, message lost! Hours wasted in last few days.

Not happy bunny!

Patrick

PS on reflection, don't like title so much but can't change it. This b***** forum would probably be better....

PPS how come the posts I really wanted failed, but the one I wish I hadn't, worked!

Lou
20th-September-2006, 08:29 AM
Every time I try to post or PM, and I take more than about 10 sec to do it, I get logged out. Log back in, blank screen, message lost! Hours wasted in last few days.
Yup. It's annoying. I had written the ultuimate post. It contained wit the likes the world hasn't seen since Oscar Wilde. And wisdom equivalent to that of Solomon. However, I hadn't ticked the "remember me" button when I logged in, and it timed out, and my post disappeared into the ether, never to be seen again.

I feel your pain! :hug:

Patrick
20th-September-2006, 08:36 AM
Yup. It's annoying. I had written the ultuimate post. It contained wit the likes the world hasn't seen since Oscar Wilde. And wisdom equivalent to that of Solomon. However, I hadn't ticked the "remember me" button when I logged in, and it timed out, and my post disappeared into the ether, never to be seen again.

I feel your pain! :hug:

Thanks Lou. I always wondered what the "remember me" box was for, assumed it was to rembere my password (which it doesn't), so assumed it did nothing and stopped using it.

I suppose I should RTFM, but being a computer person, I never do.

Ooops, apologies for more swearing. :blush: Computers will do that to me.

Patrick

Now did I exceed my 10sec?

killingtime
20th-September-2006, 10:49 AM

I hate to say the whole use Firefox thing but if you do you that (maybe Safari or Opera as well) then hitting the back button should take you back to your post with all the text still in.

Other than that, remember me seems to do the job ok and AFAIK, logging in on that page should finish the post action anyway.

WittyBird
20th-September-2006, 10:55 AM
Now did I exceed my 10sec?

Maybe you've got an IDtenT error?

Gav
20th-September-2006, 10:57 AM
I suppose I should RTFM, but being a computer person, I never do.

Being one of the poor beggars who chose to write manuals for a profession, that doesn't come as a suprise! :rolleyes: :D

Lou
20th-September-2006, 12:02 PM
I hate to say the whole use Firefox thing...

Ah, but what if you're using Someone Else's Computer? :wink: Normally, I would use Firefox, honestly! :D

killingtime
20th-September-2006, 12:19 PM
Ah, but what if you're using Someone Else's Computer? :wink: Normally, I would use Firefox, honestly! :D

Download it, install it, rename the icon to "Internet Explorer", they'll thank you for it later :D.

I think I may see through your Someone Else's Computer though.

Patrick
20th-September-2006, 02:34 PM
Very good! :worthy: I think at least 2 of us get it.

Other than that, remember me seems to do the job ok and AFAIK, logging in on that page should finish the post action anyway.

It used to work without "remember me" just by logging in again when prompted. Its since the upgrade I've been having the probs. I even copied the text before pressing 'submit' as a precuation. But not before pressing 'preview post' which also fails now.

Being one of the poor beggars who chose to write manuals for a profession, that doesn't come as a suprise! :rolleyes: :D
So hows the job satisfaction? :flower: :respect: Do you put spoof bits in to see if anybody actually reads it? :cheers: I wrote a manual once, doubt if anyone read it... PhD thesis! :rolleyes:

Gav
20th-September-2006, 02:56 PM
So hows the job satisfaction? :flower: :respect: Do you put spoof bits in to see if anybody actually reads it? :cheers: I wrote a manual once, doubt if anyone read it... PhD thesis! :rolleyes:

:angry: I've got one of the most boring and pointless jobs in the world!
Could be a bit too late to start a career in dancing tho' :tears:

Patrick
20th-September-2006, 03:04 PM

Oh I don't know! I think over 40 is considered 'old' to be a Ceroc teacher. Perversely, most Ceroc pupils, in my experience, are over 40 though... Go figure. :cheers:

David Bailey
20th-September-2006, 03:10 PM
Ah, a fellow tech writer.

Hey - it's good practice for posting on the Forum though.

Beowulf
20th-September-2006, 03:48 PM

perhaps it's more a PEBKAC error?

Oh I don't know! I think over 40 is considered 'old' to be a Ceroc teacher. Perversely, most Ceroc pupils, in my experience, are over 40 though... Go figure. :cheers:

Oi! I resemble that remark.. I'm only NEARLY over 40... Not quite yet. :wink:

Gav
20th-September-2006, 03:49 PM
Ah, a fellow tech writer.

Hey - it's good practice for posting on the Forum though.

Yeh, but we get crucified if we spell ennifing rong! :D

You going to the ISTC conference in a couple of weeks?

David Bailey
20th-September-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeh, but we get crucified if we spell ennifing rong! :D

You going to the ISTC conference in a couple of weeks?
Nope, went a couple of years ago though, and I even did a presentation. Woo, those were the days :)

Gav
20th-September-2006, 04:19 PM
Nope, went a couple of years ago though, and I even did a presentation. Woo, those were the days :)

Wasn't "Developing an inclusive intranet" was it?

David Bailey
20th-September-2006, 04:33 PM
Wasn't "Developing an inclusive intranet" was it?
Might've been... Clearly my fame speads apace :)

Gav
20th-September-2006, 05:20 PM
Might've been... Clearly my fame speads apace :)

Now I have your secret identity. Mwahhahahaha!:devil:

Patrick
22nd-September-2006, 12:31 PM
perhaps it's more a PEBKAC error?:

Don't get that one! :blush:

Oi! I resemble that remark.. I'm only NEARLY over 40... Not quite yet. :wink:[/

Oh, you young people! I'm actually 103, but I've led a pure life, and can usually pass for 70... That picture of me in the attic looks really rough though :confused: .... :wink: