PDA

View Full Version : Inverness this weekend (23/24th): Fencing

Gadget
20th-September-2006, 01:04 AM
If there are any people in inverness not going to Stirling, and are stuck for something to do this weekend*, the Highland Open fencing tournament is being held in the Inverness Sports Center - spectating is free and you can watch folk hit other folk with swords.

I'm helping run the event, so if you are there, say hi :waycool:

(* it's Inverness...:rolleyes: )

Ghost
20th-September-2006, 07:07 PM
the Highland Open fencing tournament is being held in the Inverness Sports Center - spectating is free and you can watch folk hit other folk with swords.
Always fun to watch :nice: Claymores perchance? :whistle:

Having watched re-enactment guys going at it with swords in full plate, it was kind of funny 2 mins in when they both had to back off to catch their breath :rofl: Not quite sure how that would work on the battlefield :confused:

Hope it goes well,
Christopher

Gadget
20th-September-2006, 07:53 PM
They were much fitter back then, but no, allas only Foil, Epee and Sabre.

Hmmm... Sabre is close... or at least the way a couple of people I know fence it :whistle:

straycat
20th-September-2006, 08:39 PM
They were much fitter back then, but no, allas only Foil, Epee and Sabre.

Hmmm... Sabre is close... or at least the way a couple of people I know fence it :whistle:

If it's anything like it was when I used to fence, sabreurs are complete psychotic lunatics, pure and simple... :what:

Ghost
20th-September-2006, 11:39 PM
If it's anything like it was when I used to fence, sabreurs are complete psychotic lunatics, pure and simple... :what:

:blush:

Gadget
20th-September-2006, 11:44 PM
well, I don't think many of them have been called "pure", but the rest of it rings true :wink:

Ghost
21st-September-2006, 03:24 PM
well, I don't think many of them have been called "pure", but the rest of it rings true :wink:
:na: :na: