PDA

View Full Version : Who isn't going to Southport?

Emma
15th-September-2006, 09:20 AM
I've never been. I feel such a pariah :wink:

quiet_flame
15th-September-2006, 09:20 AM
that'd be me then...

TheTramp
15th-September-2006, 09:25 AM
And me.

No. Wait.... :na:

quiet_flame
15th-September-2006, 09:26 AM
And me.

No. Wait.... :na:
:na:
typical :rolleyes:

Little Monkey
15th-September-2006, 09:31 AM
My dog isn't going.

WittyBird
15th-September-2006, 09:35 AM
My Flatmate isn't going either :D

quiet_flame
15th-September-2006, 09:39 AM
My Flatmate isn't going either :D
my guess is he's a "non-dancer type"

Alice
15th-September-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm not going:whistle:

Twirly
15th-September-2006, 09:42 AM
Was tempted to put "southwhere?" :D

For anyone not going to Southport and in London, this is on at the weekend:
http://www.thamesfestival.org/programme/programme.asp?parName=About%20the%20Festival

I LOVE fireworks!

Almost an Angel
15th-September-2006, 09:57 AM
Me neither...... I have a house to sort out still :(

Alice
15th-September-2006, 10:08 AM

http://www.thamesfestival.org/programme/programme.asp?parName=About%20the%20Festival

I LOVE fireworks!
This looks really cool- anyone wanna come? :)

Emma
15th-September-2006, 10:14 AM
This looks really cool- anyone wanna come? :)I'd love to, but I'm going to a wedding reception...

straycat
15th-September-2006, 10:17 AM
I've never been. I feel such a pariah :wink:

Been once. Wasn't taken with it. Unlikely to try again...

Mostlysane
15th-September-2006, 11:15 AM
Me neither...... I have a house to sort out still :(

You mean the one with the indoors swimming pool? :)

I've got a wedding to go to. I thought it would be a bit mean if i cancelled and went dancing instead. But next february......

JonD
15th-September-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd love to be there but we're busy at work, my Business Partner is on holiday, I had a long weekend in France last weekend and I'm going on holiday soon.

I'll just have to console myself with the thought that in 19 days time I'll be checking in at Bristol Airport at the start of our trip to Buenos Aires. 3 weeks holiday, a lovely hotel, great steaks, good wine and dancing AT every night; bliss!

David Bailey
15th-September-2006, 12:00 PM
I'd love to be there, but I don't really fancy it. :innocent:

Missy D
15th-September-2006, 12:04 PM

I LOVE fireworks!

I am going to this sunday and its my birthday too:clap:

Gav
15th-September-2006, 12:22 PM
I guess we live a really sheltered life in Norfolk, 'cos I hadn't heard of it before joining this forum :blush: and I'm already down to go to Camber instead! :grin:

Daydreaming Diva
15th-September-2006, 12:22 PM
If there had been an option on the poll for 'My daughter won't let me' I would probably have made that my vote. That wouldn't have been fair of course, because the lovely Tessalicious wouldn't have minded a bit if Mum had gone along to keep an eye on things. :wink:

No I'm not going :tears: and so what to do with myself tonight, Friday? Looks like Hove. I've never been. But is anyone else going or is everyone at Southport? Would welcome the company if anyone wants a lift! I live in Reigate, Surrey.

Heather
15th-September-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not going either - can't afford it seeing as I've booked a last minute week in Greece!:clap:

:hug:
Heather

Beowulf
15th-September-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm not going either.. Too many other things demanding my money.. and other things I want spend it on. (like my trip to London for one!)

Tiger Pants
15th-September-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm not going either - can't afford it seeing as I've booked a last minute week in Greece!:clap:

Heather

You really are one selfish ladeeee after your trip to see HRH Chu earlier in the summer you are now off to Greece....good job you're a teacher and holidays come round so quickly, eh?

I'm not going either.... June was great and a part of me wishes I was going this weekend but never mind I am booked for next June so no doubt after the weekend when someone has recovered we'll have a countdown to that.

Have a great time one an all.....even you Mrs. MacLean !!:kiss:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-September-2006, 02:12 PM
Ok so I voted and lied sorry :blush:

Got too much energy and I am sooooooooooooo excited and have 3 hours to wait before I leave yet :sick:

Twirly
15th-September-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok so I voted and lied sorry :blush:

Got too much energy and I am sooooooooooooo excited and have 3 hours to wait before I leave yet :sick:

Get outta here Taz!

This is a thread for those of us NOT going since the rest of the forum seems to be inundated with threads about who's going, picnics, last songs - probably what colour underwear you're wearing too!!! :angry:

Where's the jealousy smilie when you need one?! :mad:

*whispers* have a great time Taz, am only jealous.... :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-September-2006, 02:32 PM
Get outta here Taz!

This is a thread for those of us NOT going since the rest of the forum seems to be inundated with threads about who's going, picnics, last songs - probably what colour underwear you're wearing too!!! :angry:

Where's the jealousy smilie when you need one?! :mad:

*whispers* have a great time Taz, am only jealous.... :flower:

:blush: Sorry :blush:

If it's any consilation I am not going to the picnic :sad:

I will take my red underwear and leave the room then :sad:

David Bailey
15th-September-2006, 02:34 PM

:clap:

Whilst I admire your spirit, and completely agree with you, I'd give up and let them get on with it if I were you, Twirly... :rolleyes:

Donna
15th-September-2006, 02:43 PM
not going.............AGAIN! :tears: :tears: :tears: Off to Spain instead - you know, we're the sun shines a lot, has decent beaches, gorgeous food and..... dancing every night!!! Jealous? You should be! :wink: :drool:

Twirly
15th-September-2006, 05:04 PM
I am going to this sunday and its my birthday too:clap:

I would say that I'd keep an eye out for you (and Alice) but it gets kind of crowded... :D

What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday though!:flower:

Heather
15th-September-2006, 05:09 PM
not going.............AGAIN! :tears: :tears: :tears: Off to Spain instead - you know, we're the sun shines a lot, has decent beaches, gorgeous food and..... dancing every night!!! Jealous? You should be! :wink: :drool:

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm not jealous - the sun shines a lot in Greece too - also decent beaches and gorgeous food - although I don't know about the dancing every night !
( Mind you I WAS dancing every night in Melbourne in July with HRH Chu !:clap:)

Heather

djtrev
15th-September-2006, 08:15 PM
I LOVE fireworks!

Me too Twirly.

Here in Portugal any excuse seems good enough for a firewok display.
We had two in one week last week.Brilliant.

Twirly
15th-September-2006, 10:29 PM
It's firework season here now - this weekend, then going into November we've got the 5th, then the Lord Mayor's show the week after. :D :clap:

Not two in one week though...

Stuart
15th-September-2006, 11:39 PM

I LOVE fireworks!

A friend and I were planning to go to this as well.

Twirly
16th-September-2006, 12:38 PM
I would say that I'd keep an eye out for you (and Alice) but it gets kind of crowded... :D

What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday though!:flower:

A friend and I were planning to go to this as well.

Were going Stuart - not anymore?

Is there is anyone else kicking around who wants to hook up? Feel free to PM me to swap mobile numbers to co-ordinate.

If they have the same set-up as last year, then meeting up near Gabriel's Wharf by the carousel at around 9.30 (fireworks at 9.45) should work - and maybe go for a drink (if we can find anywhere afterwards as it'll be pretty busy).

Alice
16th-September-2006, 12:48 PM
Were going Stuart - not anymore?

Is there is anyone else kicking around who wants to hook up? Feel free to PM me to swap mobile numbers to co-ordinate.

If they have the same set-up as last year, then meeting up near Gabriel's Wharf by the carousel at around 9.30 (fireworks at 9.45) should work - and maybe go for a drink (if we can find anywhere afterwards as it'll be pretty busy).
That sounds good- I shall endeavour to coordinate my minions accordingly:devil: :flower: :flower:

Piglet
17th-September-2006, 03:22 PM
I've not gone either - maybe one day though....

Might as well have gone though cos a work colleague woke me up at 2am to share her personal problems and I didn't get back to sleep until 8am so maybe I'd have been better off taking a long drive and enjoying myself dancing...

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 12:25 PM
That sounds good- I shall endeavour to coordinate my minions accordingly:devil: :flower: :flower:

Since the forum is dominated by Southport (again!) I thought I'd redress the balance and try posting some pics that I took of the Thames Festival on Sunday - and for those who managed to miss it too! :rolleyes:

The first ones are of the carnival procession

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 12:29 PM
And then some of the fireworks too (first time I've used this/a digital camera for fireworks - used to use my SLR quite often).

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 12:30 PM
More fireworks

Beowulf
21st-September-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey love those pics :clap: the fireworks ones are very impressive ..

and the whole event looks very colourful and vibrant.

Looks like it would have been a lot of fun :)

Pete

Alice
21st-September-2006, 04:39 PM
Since the forum is dominated by Southport (again!) I thought I'd redress the balance and try posting some pics that I took of the Thames Festival on Sunday - and for those who managed to miss it too! :rolleyes:

The first ones are of the carnival procession
Sorry about that- my minions were being most uncooperative:rolleyes: :whistle: :whistle:
The pics look fantastic though!!! :cheers: :clap: :respect: :respect:

Ghost
21st-September-2006, 04:49 PM
Sorry about that- my minions were being most uncooperative:rolleyes: :whistle: :whistle:
:na: :devil:

The pics look fantastic though!!! :cheers: :clap: :respect: :respect:
:yeah:

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you guys - you did miss a great show, but hope you had a good dinner!

(First time I've put pics on here, so glad you like them:nice: )

Lory
21st-September-2006, 06:11 PM
I thought I'd redress the balance and try posting some pics that I took of the Thames Festival on Sunday

I went along on the Saturday and the place was buzzing, I was lucky enough to arrive just in time to see some Tango Demo's and I managed to catch a bit of one HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1157&limit=last1) (sorry about the quality:blush: )