PDA

View Full Version : top 10 stats?

Beowulf
14th-September-2006, 01:31 PM
how on earth do you turn this off? is there an option to do so in User CP?

It's most annoying.. and just more clutter I have to scroll through to get to the posts.

if anything I think it'll encourage people to post rubbish just to up their rankings in various top 10s !!

:sick:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 01:38 PM
You know I hadn't even noticed this!:blush: :rofl:

I just use the "recent posts" button and see what's been going on most recently. Since that's above the bit that's irritating you, maybe you should try it?

Sparkles
14th-September-2006, 01:40 PM
I might be in the minority here, but I think it's quite interesting.

OK, I'll get back in my box now :blush:

DavidY
14th-September-2006, 01:44 PM

It's most annoying.. and just more clutter I have to scroll through to get to the posts.You could use the button at the top rhs of the section to reduce it into a single bar...

Beowulf
14th-September-2006, 01:58 PM
top..right?

AHA!! sorry it had oversized itself larger than the rest of the screen so that was hidden.. along with another set of useless top 10 stats.. what is this Channel 4 or something?

"Later on Channel 4 we have our Top Ten 'Top Ten shows' show" :sick:

TheTramp
14th-September-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't mind it. Except for the fact that it is wider than my screen. I don't like web pages that do that.

Maybe I'm just a freak!

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't mind it. Except for the fact that it is wider than my screen. I don't like web pages that do that.

Maybe I'm just a freak!

:yeah: I must be one then too. Why is there always just a little bit to the side and you have to keep scrolling back and forth? Sometimes get e-mails that do that and drives me nuts.:angry:

TheTramp
14th-September-2006, 02:24 PM
We finally agree on something!! :flower: :hug:

Gadget
14th-September-2006, 08:03 PM
Am I too late? - it's now the top 6... but it still scrolls off the right hand edge. :(

Beowulf
14th-September-2006, 08:19 PM
but it still scrolls off the right hand edge. :(

Annoying isn't it? :grin:

Gadget
14th-September-2006, 09:17 PM
Where did that link (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/misc.php?do=cybstats) come from? I'm sure it wasn't at the top of the page before :confused:

(It also scrlls to the right... and for being a top 50, it dosn't actually list the position of each entry :rolleyes: ;))

ducasi
14th-September-2006, 09:21 PM
The only time I am on the front page is to check whose birthdays it is, and dig out a forum if I want to post a new thread.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest (beyond I'm a little embarrassed to be in two of the top sixes. :blush:)

Yeah, it does have interesting info... And yeah, it is too wide – just like the gallery – I run my browser at about 800 pixels wide.

Lynn
14th-September-2006, 10:26 PM
When did we get this? I hadn't seen it, either on the front page or the Forum Stats button.

TheTramp
15th-September-2006, 12:24 AM
Seemed to notice it arriving sometime today. Can't say when exactly.

Of course, that's actually sometime yesterday now. Which means, it's Southport today!! :clap:

Mostlysane
15th-September-2006, 04:18 PM

It's most annoying.. and just more clutter I have to scroll through to get to the posts.

if anything I think it'll encourage people to post rubbish just to up their rankings in various top 10s !!

:sick:

If you click the "sergeant's stripes" thingy - the two chevrons to the top right of the stats, they seem to go away.

ducasi
19th-September-2006, 09:26 AM
It doesn't bother me in the slightest (beyond I'm a little embarrassed to be in two of the top sixes. :blush:)
Noticed the top rep scores is now missing. A few blushes saved. :o