PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to WCS this weekend

Maddy
12th-September-2006, 03:50 PM
I turned up to do WCS in Swindon last Saturday and the hall was double booked so it was cancelled but they said it was on instead this Saturday 16th. Anyone else going?

Patrick
13th-September-2006, 10:38 AM
Hope to make it this week. Tempted by Southport, but really need to chill!

I've already done a few classes with Paul Warden, he's a very clear and precise teacher. Though he did have the knack of stopping demoing the moves just before I got them...

I understand WCS etiquette is a little different to Ceroc. (There is a presumption that if you ask/accept a dance, you actually have some competence in the style). I was in the chillout room at the Weston super Mare Big Bang event last month, taking a rare breather. A very attractive visiting American lady sidled up to me (did I mention she was a great dancer too?..) and whispered into my shell-like in a sultry drawl "Do you West Coast?" I thought I was in for a treat, but when I said "errr, well I know a few beginners moves...." She gave we a quizzical look and sidled off into the distance... I should have lied shouldn't I?

I was blown away by Paul's showcase with Cat Wiles. I just sat there thinking "f*** h***, how is that possible?" :eek:

OK. Sugar Push. 1,2,3n4,5n6. How hard can it be?... :worthy: :worthy: