PDA

View Full Version : OK, so it had to be done!

Sparkles
12th-September-2006, 02:09 PM
What say you to pineapple on pizza? :devil:

Icey
12th-September-2006, 02:11 PM
It's a yes from me :drool:

Mostlysane
12th-September-2006, 02:11 PM
Ah ha. At last we get onto the important things in life. :)

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 02:14 PM
Pineapple Pizza.... :drool:

Especially with sweetcorn on it as well!

Spice 'n' Easy
12th-September-2006, 02:20 PM

Now that's just weird :eek:

Alice
12th-September-2006, 02:23 PM

Ew!! :sick:

Stuart M
12th-September-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry, not for me...sweetcorn is just wrong. I'll eat most things on a pizza - capers, goat's cheese, anchovies, artichoke, baby octopus (OK, maybe not all on the same pizza) - but sweetcorn is number 3 on my list of personal irrational dislikes. Just behind reggae and the Channel Islands.

TiggsTours
12th-September-2006, 02:29 PM

I'm with you there! :drool:

sweetcorn is number 3 on my list of personal irrational dislikes. Just behind reggae and the Channel Islands.

However, that's just plain wierd! Having an irrational dislike of Star Trek on the otherhand is totally understandable.

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm with you there! :drool:

Thank you! Someone with taste! :na:

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry, not for me...sweetcorn is just wrong. I'll eat most things on a pizza - capers, goat's cheese, anchovies, artichoke, baby octopus (OK, maybe not all on the same pizza) - but sweetcorn is number 3 on my list of personal irrational dislikes. Just behind reggae and the Channel Islands.

How were you planning on fitting the channel islands on a pizza? :whistle:

Stuart M
12th-September-2006, 02:44 PM
How were you planning on fitting the channel island on a pizza? :whistle:
Which one, Fi? I usually find I can manage an Alderney, but a Jersey's a bit much at one sitting.

ducasi
12th-September-2006, 02:45 PM
How were you planning on fitting the channel island on a pizza? :whistle:
No need to be Sarky!

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 02:50 PM
... but a Jersey's a bit much at one sitting.

plus it would get stuck in between your teeth (wooly pizza, never good)

No need to be Sarky!

I would roll my eyes but I guess I can't since I started it...

jacksondonut
12th-September-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok... so I love pineapple on just about anything....:whistle: :wink:

CJ
12th-September-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok... so I love pineapple on just about anything....:whistle: :wink:

Hoopla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

FWIW, Tuna, prawn, pineapple and banana.:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Oh, yeah.....

Sparkles
12th-September-2006, 03:08 PM

Excuse me... I think I'm going to be sick!

Twirly
12th-September-2006, 03:11 PM
Excuse me... I think I'm going to be sick!

:yeah: :sick: :yeah: :sick: :yeah:

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 03:18 PM

Oh, yeah.....

That's just wrong!

(and before you ask about whether I mean the seafood/fruit combo or the hoopla, just take your pick! :na: )

CJ
12th-September-2006, 03:22 PM
I mean the seafood/fruit combo

Seafood and fruit: good combo.
Fruit with an old trout... highly recommended!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beowulf
12th-September-2006, 03:27 PM
Savoury and Sweet Ne'er should meet

That means NO Pineapple and Ham, No Banana and Tuna, No Cranberrry sauce with turkey (with the ice cream yes.. main course? no!)

As someone with very a limited sense of taste (no smell = limited taste) mixing sweet and savoury is just wrong. I mean you wouldn't do it the other way around would you? Brown sauce on an Apple? , Vinegar in your ice cream?

And why oh why do they insist on putting jam on my plate when I order swedish meatballs at IKEA?? :sick:

Stuart M
12th-September-2006, 03:28 PM
Seafood and fruit: good combo.
Fruit with an old trout... highly recommended!!
I presume garlic (not tomato) puree is mandatory for your pizzas, CJ? Or is that dependent on how long they're to be shoved in the oven for?

whitetiger1518
12th-September-2006, 03:32 PM
Like most things in almost any combination on Pizza...

Only things that I know I dislike completely (not that I'm suggesting that they would be on a pizza or anything...:eek: ) are: butter beans, capers and angel delight [any flavour] .

Pineapple is one of my favourite toppings, as is sweetcorn.... I'm not sure if I have deliberately had them togeher, but then I usually (if left to myself) will add jalepeno peppers and then chilli flakes all over them :drool: :drool:

If I'm sharing a pizza then I won't have chilli flakes or any hot peppers etc unless they like it.

I once challenged a friend to split the hottest pizza Pizza Hut had: we ordered the veggie hot one, added our own snowdrift of chilli flakes then made the most of our free refills :clap: - boy we made them regret that offer that particular day :rofl:

Whitetiger

P.S. If anyone wants a challenge I'll meet you in Queen St Pizza Hut in Glasgow - just name your date and time!

Whitetiger

Princess Fi
12th-September-2006, 03:32 PM
And why oh why do they insist on putting jam on my plate when I order swedish meatballs at IKEA?? :sick:

Are you kidding? That stuff is gorgeous! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Twirly
12th-September-2006, 03:34 PM
Savoury and Sweet Ne'er should meet

That means NO Pineapple and Ham, No Banana and Tuna, No Cranberrry sauce with turkey (with the ice cream yes.. main course? no!)

:yeah: Sense of smell or not - :sick:

And that also includes cheese and pineapple on sticks! As a child used to pull all the cheese off, eat that, then eat all the pineapple afterwards as if it were pudding :na:

Mind you, I should probably fess up to a thing about cheese and jam sandwiches when I was a child :really: Not that I'd eat them now :sick:

killingtime
12th-September-2006, 03:44 PM

Oh, yeah.....

Sounds good! :yum:

I used to eat Sweetcorn, Pineapple and Banana pizza all the time when I was a student. I eat less of it now (in part because I'm no longer a vegetarian so I'll probably have some meat and in part because I don't go to student unions which are crazy enough to do things like that).

One of my favs is tuna and pineapple at the moment.

TheTramp
12th-September-2006, 03:57 PM
Nope. Pineapple on pizza is wrong I tell you. Wrong.

Cruella
12th-September-2006, 03:59 PM
I love pineapple!! But it makes my mouth sore if i have too much. :rolleyes:

TheTramp
12th-September-2006, 04:54 PM

And pineapple too?

CJ
12th-September-2006, 04:58 PM

And pineapple too?

It's a wide fruit, so am not sure even Cruella could manage a whole one past the, erm, well, um, er....:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Cruella
12th-September-2006, 05:01 PM
It's a wide fruit, so am not sure even Cruella could manage a whole one past the, erm, well, um, er....:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Where there's a will......... and a knife :wink:

CJ
12th-September-2006, 05:07 PM
Where there's a will......... and a knife :wink:

You'll find another Man City score sheet?!?

Tazmanian Devil
12th-September-2006, 05:35 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Great combo :yum: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :yum:

Rhythm King
12th-September-2006, 06:42 PM
Nope. Pineapple on pizza is wrong I tell you. Wrong.

:yeah: And well said Saprkles for starting the thread.

however, given that this is a Scottish forum, I offer you haggis as a pizza topping, as served at Mama's Pizzas in Edinburgh :drool: . At the Grass Market? Lawn Market? I can never remember it correctly :rolleyes:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-September-2006, 06:42 PM
Pineapple and anchovies for me.

(Aside: why is it that not enough places offer artichoke hearts on pizza?)

jacksondonut
12th-September-2006, 06:50 PM
Pineapple and anchovies for me.

(Aside: why is it that not enough places offer artichoke hearts on pizza?)

oooooooohhhhh yummy.... anchovies.. could eat dozens of them..
:drool: :drool: :drool: not necessarily on a pizza tho... :rofl:

Cruella
12th-September-2006, 07:06 PM
.... anchovies.. :sick: :sick: YUK!!

jacksondonut
12th-September-2006, 07:09 PM
:sick: :sick: YUK!!

Sorry.... guess it is an acquired taste....:drool: (it was a treat our dad gave us when we were little... he would only allow us one each... :sad: :sad: )

yeah... I know, strange dad.... :whistle:

Gentabout
14th-September-2006, 05:10 PM
I love pineapple, infact had a superb fruit salad for lunch with plenty in and greek yoghurt, but on a pizza it is just wrong.

My ex always had it on hers so there was no chance of sharing a pizza, maybe that was the reason for her affair, she found someone to share a pizza with. He is welcome to her on those grounds alone:whistle:

Gent

Frankie_4711
14th-September-2006, 05:41 PM
Yummeeeee!!:drool: Ham and pineapple (with or without sweetcorn) is a personal fave of mine. Don't know that I'd have pineapple on a pizza if it didn't have the ham though.

Funny, but we had this conversation at work today. It came about as our IT dept were having a 'what we do and how we can help you' day which, for some bizarre reason, included a chocolate fountain, and there were some rather strange things to drench in chocolate like chilli, cheese, pickled onions, gherkins, carrots (as well as the usual fruits, sweets and cakes) so we started talking about odd food combinations ... hence pineapple on pizza. And lo and behold I get here and find the same conversation happening.

Today has been a totally bizarre but overwhelmingly euphoric day in lots of ways ... not entirely sure how much of that was due to the vast quantities of chocolate I consumed ... :blush: , the fact that I realized this morning that Bliss is only 2 weeks away:clap: , or other factors not up for discussion here:devil:

Stuart
14th-September-2006, 07:09 PM
Not on pizza. As far as I am concerned the best pizza is the Margarita - Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil.

I am pretty sure that Tescos do a Balti pizza now, which is even worse.