PDA

View Full Version : Needed: World's simplest MS-Windows email client

Clive Long
11th-September-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi

My mother has internet access. She has had a Microsoft Hotmail email account set up. Dear, oh dear, oh dear. What a mess that interface is.

Her needs. To send emails, to receive emails, to keep a small email address book, errr. That’s it. She doesn’t need web access to email so I could set her up with an Outlook client to her service provider’s mail system.

What would be nice is the world’s simplest email client stripped of all extraneous features or at least with a configurable interface.

What should I install for her?

Clive

Beowulf
11th-September-2006, 01:38 PM
Mozilla thunderbird.. IMHO

Andreas
11th-September-2006, 01:45 PM

:yeah: For pc anyway.

BUT, unless she pays M$ she won't be able to POP or IMAP hotmail. They scrapped that as a free feature quite some time back. It is now only available to commercial customers.

Dreadful Scathe
11th-September-2006, 01:50 PM
the smallest mail client is - www.checkmyemail.com - no install at all, works on any OS...etc...

ducasi
11th-September-2006, 01:52 PM
World's simplest??? Thunderbird??? Surely some mistake? :really:

A Google search turns up FamilyMail (http://www.familymail.com/en/more/index.php), designed for this sort of task...

There's probably others...

azande
11th-September-2006, 01:58 PM

A Google search turns up FamilyMail (http://www.familymail.com/en/more/index.php), designed for this sort of task...

There's probably others...
:yeah:

I would call Thunderbird anything but simple

Beowulf
11th-September-2006, 03:55 PM

I would call Thunderbird anything but simple

Really? I found it very simple to set up and use.. Sure you can complicate it with plug-ins and what not but essentially it's fairly easy to use??

"Think our minds must be too highly trained Majikthise"

(ah, there's a HHGTTG quote for everthing ;) )