PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Champs 2006, The aftermath

tiger
9th-September-2006, 02:05 PM
No doubt there will be plenty to say,so fire away....

Missy D
9th-September-2006, 08:36 PM
Open

1st Simonr & Nicole

2nd David and Anita

Well done:clap: :clap: :clap:

Night Owl
9th-September-2006, 11:03 PM
Congratulations :respect:

to Darren(Dazzler) and Shirley

Finalists in the Intermediate class

Well done Guys :clap:

TheTramp
10th-September-2006, 01:04 AM
As MissyD said,

Open:
1st Simonr & Nicole
2nd David and Anita (Reading)

Here's what I remember of the rest of the results, with forum names in brackets (if I know them)...

Advanced:
1st Brian (Mr Fitz) & Louise (Aberdeen)
2nd John & Jackie (London?)

Intermediate:
1st Gail (Skippy) (Dundee) &
2nd

Showcase:
1st Phil & Alex Motley (Middlesborough)
2nd John & Hazel Lusby (Dundee)

DWAS:
1st John (Dance Demon) (Edinburgh) & Anita (Reading)
2nd Simon Rich (London) & Becky (Bristol)

Reversed Roles:
1st Bill (Edinburgh) & Avril (Dundee)
2nd Cathrine (Little Monkey) (Dundee) & Greg (Sheepman) (London)

Scot's Challenge (Leads blindfold):
1st Steve (Trampy) (Dundee) & Jamie (Jammy) (Glasgow)

Sorry to the ones I couldn't remember, and if I missed any categories out. It's late, and I'm dead...

It was another great competition. Timings were kept to to within a couple of minutes all day. And the dancing was fantastic. Was great to see so many people there, and from all over the UK as well. The Scottish competition just keeps growing every year :D

Couple of minor gripes were that I thought some of the music for competing wasn't particularly inspiring - especially a lot of the latin tracks. And I'm not sure that warm-ups were needed before every heat.

And, over £6,500 was raised for the charity, Debra :clap:

wayaay bird
10th-September-2006, 01:15 AM
Well done everyone.. :clap: :hug: :clap:

Scot
10th-September-2006, 08:29 AM
It was another great competition. Timings were kept to to within a couple of minutes all day. And the dancing was fantastic. Was great to see so many people there, and from all over the UK as well. The Scottish competition just keeps growing every year :D

:clap:

Thanks for this Steve just about to fly to the US so would not have time.
Will post later. And my thanks to you as well you support every competition and add greatly to the days entertainment. :clap:

While I am here

Special thanks to Sheena, John, Angela, Fran, Obi the judges and everyone else who helped us run the event. Cheers

Scot

Minnie M
10th-September-2006, 08:51 AM
........... over £6,500 was raised for the charity, Debra :clap:
:clap: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :clap:
Fantastic .................

Well done not only to all the winners but to all that competed and attended - what a fantastic event ....

Congratulations to Scot and his crewe :yeah: :respect:

Bop
10th-September-2006, 09:19 AM
Just to fill in one gap:

Intermediate:
1st Gail (Skippy) (Dundee) & Graeme (Nottingham)

We had a fantastic day, well once we'd stopped competing. It was our first competition and we got knocked out in the first round! After that we really enjoyed watching everyone else competing and we had some fantastic dances.

Dazzler wa amazing - we danced a couple of months ago in Inverness and he was great then, but he's come on so far in such a short time. I look forward to watching (and hopefully dancing with) him in the future.

We thought we might have had a chance in the Scotch Challenge when Tramp said he and Jammy had been disqualified, but they weren't and they won - no competition!

It was great to meet up with old friends too.

Thank you and well done to everyone who organised such a wonderful day (and all for charity too).

Bop

janey
10th-September-2006, 09:23 AM
Huge congratulations to Dazzler & Shirley - you guys did Inverness proud! :worthy:

Janexx

Mr Fitz
10th-September-2006, 03:50 PM
Intermediate:
2nd

Intermediate:
2nd Karen Milne (Aberdeen) and Mick (from...erm, Englandshire, forgot, sorry!)

Tinkerbell
10th-September-2006, 03:56 PM
To fill in the gaps from Trampy's post:

Intermediate:
2nd Karen (Aberdeen) & Mick?

I had a fantasic day, really enjoyed myself :D This was my first competition and it was great fun:grin:

The role reversal was hilarious, :respect: to the guys who dressed up and took part :rofl:

Congratulations to all the Scottish Champions and runners up :cheers:

TheTramp
10th-September-2006, 04:01 PM
2nd Karen Milne (Aberdeen) and Mick (from...erm, Englandshire, forgot, sorry!)

:blush:

Oh dear.

I'm so sorry Karen. It was very late, and I was very tired....

Congrats again :hug:

thimble
10th-September-2006, 07:31 PM
well done dazzler and shirley :respect: :clap:

jammy
10th-September-2006, 07:47 PM
well done everyone it was amazin 2 watch all thos fab dancers and thankz so mel b (open partner), yilander( Lucky dip) and trampy(scot challenge)

i had so much fun

skippy
10th-September-2006, 07:49 PM
My partner was called Graeme MacDonald from Newark (Notts):love:
Found at Southport last June!!!:flower:
Great dance and so much fun.
Had a great day and delight to have won.
Best part of the day was to see such creative and spectacular Show cases.:respect:
Thanks to the whole Scot team.:hug: :cheers:

jammy
10th-September-2006, 07:52 PM
My partner was called Graeme MacDonald from Newark (Notts):love:
Found at Southport last June!!!:flower:
Great dance and so much fun.
Had a great day and delight to have won.
Best part of the day was to see such creative and spectacular Show cases.:respect:
Thanks to the whole Scot team.:hug: :cheers:

you were fab u danced really well and you could tell so much how much fun u were havein

Funkychick
10th-September-2006, 08:16 PM
First competition I've been to - loved it!

Hadn't managed to get to dancing for a bit recently but yesterday has inspired me and I'll be making sure I do from now on.

I had sore legs n hips earlier, which I'll take as I had a good day and night dancing and also that I'm so very unfit.:(

Trampy and Mel - loved your show case :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Little Monkey
10th-September-2006, 11:18 PM
Ooooh, I'm still knackered!

Well done to everyone!!!:clap:

Can't believe Sheepy and I came second in the role reversal - he's hardly ever danced as a lady before! And during the first heat he couldn't see a thing, due to the wig getting in his eyes, so he was literally blind during the whole track!!:eek: But wasn't (s)he stunning in my dress?:rofl:

Also thanks to my lovely partner in the DWAS Paul, from Nottingham, who managed to get me through to the semi final, and to pmjd, who I had great fun dancing with in the intermediate. :cheers:

Have just posted some snaps from the comp here: http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1095

LM :flower:

Dance Demon
10th-September-2006, 11:24 PM
WOW!!!....what a fantastic weekend. From the Friday night party, right through to the Stirling tea dance, I've had a great weekend. So much for retiring from competitions:rofl: ....Mrs DD and me turned up at the venue just as the DWAS was getting underway, and I was asked if I would dance as they were short of men....Thanks to Angie for talking me in to it, as the lucky dip really was lucky for me this year, because I got to dance with the lovely Anita Stone from Reading. Anita, you are a lovely dancer, and a lovely person, and it was a joy to dance with you......and an even greater joy to win the DWAS..my first competition win:clap:. Thank you also for agreeing to donate the prize money to the charity :flower: . It was great to catch up with all the people from south of the border, in particular Mr & Mrs Under Par, and the crew from Nottingham.
The two rooms on the Saturday night worked well, and there was a lovely atmosphere in the blues room:waycool:...Ventured up to Stirling this afternoon for the tea dance. Great day, and cool choons as always from Tiggerbabe:waycool: and some fab dances with all the lovely ladies.
Well done to everyone concerned with running the Scottish competition. the organisation was once again tremendous, and the competition ran pretty much on time all day. well done Scot. Finally a pecial mention for the biggest winners of the day, the DebRA society, who benifited by over £6,000....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wendy
11th-September-2006, 08:21 AM
Well done everyone who won things and to those who did all the hard work. I was really sorry to miss it as had to come back back to France. It sounds like it was a fab day and so much raised for charity. Magic !!!

:respect: :clap: :respect: :clap: :respect:

Wxxx

mikeyr
11th-September-2006, 10:44 AM
Well done Scot and all the crew at the Scottish Competition :respect: .

What a great crowd:clap: :clap: , what a great event:clap: :clap: , what great organisation:respect: . And the dancing was of the highest quality too. It was also great to see so many people supporting this event from the south of the border. This was my first time at the Scottish competition, I will be back:D

Little Monkey
11th-September-2006, 10:48 AM
So, anyone else got any photos, then?

Tiggerbabe
11th-September-2006, 10:49 AM
What a fab weekend :D

I had a great time on Friday at the pre-comp party, some amazing dancing (think I fell in love with Simon R :wink: sorry, Nicole :hug: ). Sharing a hotel with the Nottingham crew and Mr and Mrs Under Par, great post-party-pre comp fun!
The comp day was brilliant, although the time just seemed to run away. Credit to Scot for keeping everything to time :respect: Congrats to all the winners and to everyone who took part, with a wee special mention to Dazzler for doing so well in his first comp after only 4 months dancing :hug:
Had a great time dj-ing at night, although when I first started, after the results, it was a bit daunting to see most people running out of the hall :eek:
Thankfully they did come back :clap: (so did Franck, with some pizza :drool: and Carol with a glass of champagne :clap: both essential dj-ing requirements)

An amazing amount of money raised at the Champs again, looking forward to next year already :D

It was great to see some of our visitors at the Focus workshop and tea-dance, yesterday, my only disappointment, not getting a dance with the Champion DD, but I'll make up for that at Southport :wink:

And I do hope someone took pictures of Under Par leading Franck - priceless :respect:

tattie
11th-September-2006, 01:11 PM
And I do hope someone took pictures of Under Par leading Franck - priceless :respect:

Your wish is my command!

http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=506

Funniest thing I've seen in a very long time!

Piglet
11th-September-2006, 01:13 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed this weekend - its my favourite of my 3 visits to the Champs - a lot of that down to my wonderful partner Stuart.

Loved the Blues room and even though I did venture through to the main hall and heard wonderful sounds from Tiggerbabe - it was much too hot and busy through there - so I spent my night listening to DD's fab music and having some lovely dances - ones that stick out are the ones I had with CJ, MikeyR and JohnS. Fantastic guys. And was lovely to see Andy from Aberdeen get into the Blues so quickly.

Stirling was fab too (but it always is). Got to say thank you to Under Par for the most dramatic dance I've ever had to date. Such a great lead and ever so forgiving of my lack of Tangoish experience, but I had a dream of a dance - so thanks very much.

In fact - I didn't have one bad dance the whole weekend, so thanks to all that I did get around to stealing dances from.

Got to say in the comps, I couldn't take my eyes of Mr Fitz and his beautiful partner Louise - they were spot on with every move and a delight to watch - well done guys!

And big thanks to Avril and Bill for giving us such a performance in the reverse roles! Knew you'd got that one in the bag by the amount of judges that were watching you at one point (they looked like they were thoroughly enjoying watching you too!)

Huge thanks to Angie and Fran and their helpers (well Scot did say they did all the work :wink: ) Fantastic event once again. Much appreciate all your effort :flower: :hug:

Brian Doolan
11th-September-2006, 05:01 PM
Well done Shirley and Darren !!!

I wonder do any of the forum members think it a little unfair that there was not a seniors category at this year's champs event, as many other dance forms have senior competition categories.
My friends Moira and the late Jimmy McDonald were going to compete in what they thought was a seniors category this year only for Moira to find there was none; she did compete with Colin in the reverse role however.
Is it fair, I wonder, that 50/60 year old dancers are expected to compete against 20/30 year olds, if I were competing and saw that young Jamie or Paul (Glasgow taxi dancers) were in the line up, I'd be as well to put my coat on and go home!
So, come on organisers, give it a thought for next year, you may be surprised at how many "old farts" like me may want to compete on a level playing field.

Brian.

Little Monkey
11th-September-2006, 05:10 PM
Is it fair, I wonder, that 50/60 year old dancers are expected to compete against 20/30 year olds, if I were competing and saw that young Jamie or Paul (Glasgow taxi dancers) were in the line up, I'd be as well to put my coat on and go home!

I think you'll find that a lot of 'old farts' have competed against people half their age, and beaten them!

Ok, not wanting to insult anyone by calling them 'old farts', but amongst others, Sheepman, John & Hazel and Dance Demon have all competed in categories such as intermediate, DWAS and showcase, and have won or been placed in the top 3.........

:flower:

Dance Demon
11th-September-2006, 06:07 PM
I think you'll find that a lot of 'old farts' have competed against people half their age, and beaten them!

Ok, not wanting to insult anyone by calling them 'old farts', but amongst others, Sheepman, John & Hazel and Dance Demon have all competed in categories such as intermediate, DWAS and showcase, and have won or been placed in the top 3.........

Not to mention that better than chocolate old fart Bill foreman.....:D ..however it is a good idea and with the demise of the double trouble section, a seniors section could perhaps take it's place. I'm sure Scot would give it some consideration for next year.

jammy
11th-September-2006, 06:08 PM
more photos on my photo albums im not sure if this link works

http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=565

Little Monkey
11th-September-2006, 07:31 PM
Not to mention that better than chocolate old fart Bill foreman.....:D ..

Of course! How could I forget BTC Bill? :respect:

Anita
11th-September-2006, 08:11 PM
Not to mention that better than chocolate old fart Bill foreman.....:D ..however it is a good idea and with the demise of the double trouble section, a seniors section could perhaps take it's place. I'm sure Scot would give it some consideration for next year.

You're not seriously telling us that you'd qualify for the seniors Dance Demon :what: No, I didn't think so :nice: :flower:

David & I had a wonderful trip and were really proud to get placed. The final was high quality, Simon & Nicole of course setting the highest standard. But Jenny & Danny and Sarah & Mike were also very strong judging by what I saw of them practicing. Sarah where did all that speed suddenly come from:sick: amazing. I'm not sure the name of the other couple were but the lady came to give me a big hug after the final - how lovely :)

I was particularly impressed with the winning showcase - a piece of theatre in its own right.

In particular we loved the venue & the floor and that the competition ran to time. Also the overwhelming sense of fun :nice: And on Sunday we had the opportunity to explore some of your capital city - a very beautiful place.

Anita

Dreadful Scathe
11th-September-2006, 09:55 PM
Well done Dance Demon - further proof that the title is well deserved ;)

Great event - I quite enjoyed my quick return to dancing, first time in at least 4 months...in fact the last time was Jango, but i have no concept of the passage of time :). Nice to meet Yliander, briefly, sorry for the dancing ... Danielle again - who somehow managed to make theTramp look good in reverse roles ;). Only got a hello out to Underpar and didnt really speak to anyone else as we didnt stay too long and missed the awards - still I love you all :) Lots of quality Scottish talent this year - well done Mr.Fitz, John and Hazel, Skippy, Bill and Avril etc...

Dance Demon
11th-September-2006, 10:00 PM
You're not seriously telling us that you'd qualify for the seniors Dance Demon :what: No, I didn't think so :nice: :flower:

Nope I've still got two years to go Anita, then I officially become an "old fart".....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brian Doolan
12th-September-2006, 12:37 AM
Jeez DD, are you 10 years younger than me? you must have had a hard life ;)

See you Thursday at R'glen

Rgds,
Brian

Patrick
12th-September-2006, 11:29 AM
Well done Scot and all the crew at the Scottish Competition :respect: .

What a great crowd:clap: :clap: , what a great event:clap: :clap: , what great organisation:respect: . And the dancing was of the highest quality too. It was also great to see so many people supporting this event from the south of the border. This was my first time at the Scottish competition, I will be back:D

:yeah: Me too, all that! 1st event I ever attended which ran on time... Many thanks to you and Sarah for your friendliness and advice, and what a blinding performance in the Open! :worthy:

I was pleased to get to the Intermediate semis, but I know my amazing partner Wonder woman could have done much better with a more experienced guy. Thanks for giving me a go, I learned so much from you in just a few hours.

I met loads of lovely people. Some comp highlights for me were: dancing with Hazel in the Lucky Dip :respect:, Scot showcasing my purple trousers; meeting Friendly Franck, Catherine helping me invent some new moves (which I promptly forgot of course) and a lovely last dance in the blues room; and Anne and Suzanne looking after me Saturday night :cheers:

Really pleased I went to the Stirling Tea dance, great to just chill after the intense comp day. Should have realised you were probably all Forumites, but at least I can now put a face to Firefly, Piglet, ClareS, CMS, LittleEm and Tiggerbabe! Thanks for the lovely dances and the welcomes. :kiss: McJester, I'll ask you to dance next time. :grin:

Stayed in Edinburgh Monday, had surprise reunion with friends I hadn't seen for nearly 20 years, so all a bit overwhelming really!! :tears:

Thanks guys. :flower: :flower: :flower:

killingtime
12th-September-2006, 01:57 PM
with a wee special mention to Dazzler for doing so well in his first comp after only 4 months dancing :hug:

:yeah: he was amazing to watch. I'm shockingly jealous of his abilities.

Easter Bunny
12th-September-2006, 02:31 PM

:yeah: I would probably be included in the 'old farts' category, but have won 3 dwas titles and been a finalist on more than one occasion against ladies and men (or should that be girls and boys ?) half my age, so don't put us out to pasture just yet ! age is a state of mind and ATTITUDE.

ps: BIG THANK YOU to the lovely Mr. Sheepman for getting me to the final of the lucky dip.:respect: :hug:

Patrick
12th-September-2006, 03:27 PM
:yeah: I would probably be included in the 'old farts' category, but have won 3 dwas titles and been a finalist on more than one occasion against ladies and men (or should that be girls and boys ?) half my age, so don't put us out to pasture just yet ! age is a state of mind and ATTITUDE.

I agree. I would qualify for some seniors categories, but (mostly) don't feel old at all. Just humbled by better dancers of any age.

I've just started working with a partner for Britrock who actually is half my age, and we seem very well matched. Almost identical injuries! Not sure what that says about a level playing field. OTOH, my potential seniors partner is keeping a low profile at the moment, aches and pains you know...

Perhaps there should be a category for those just feeling a bit under par, of whatever age. Doctors note of infirmity required. No more that 3 airsteps per track. Or maybe just no more than 3 steps in total...

Patrick

Chicklet
12th-September-2006, 04:00 PM
Perhaps there should be a category for those just feeling a bit of Under Par,
:waycool: now THAT's a category!:what:

Patrick
12th-September-2006, 04:30 PM
:waycool: now THAT's a category!:what:

Well spotted! :nice: I felt that quip coming on as I wrote the post, but not being initimately aquinted with Mr UP, I restrained myself. Is he unfeasibly tall and good looking? Think I may have seen him at Stirling on Sunday.

As we are well off topic, and I am further distracted by your pic, may I be so bold as to ask is that really you? :awe: :wink: My avatar is a very good likeness I think...

Patrick :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2006, 04:47 PM
shes got more front than blackpool and southport combined [drumroll cymbal] :)

Chicklet
12th-September-2006, 04:57 PM
shes got more front than blackpool and southport combined [drumroll cymbal] :)

and more carpark round the back these days too :what::rofl:

pre post-injury horrendous weight gain and taken from a v flattering angle, yes it's me, and I can just manage to squeeze into the garment still, being very, er, stiff, it's good support for the crappy old back, which is, of course, why I wear it.:innocent:

ElaineB
12th-September-2006, 06:34 PM
Perhaps there should be a category for those just feeling a bit under par..............
Patrick

I'm not sure what Mrs Par would say about that Patrick! :whistle:

Sounds like an interesting new catergory though! :D

Elaine

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2006, 07:46 PM

Elaine
but how long do i have to wait for a feeling dreadful catagory ? :rolleyes: :)

ElaineB
12th-September-2006, 08:23 PM
but how long do i have to wait for a feeling dreadful catagory ? :rolleyes: :)

:D :D Not long, I'm sure...........:D

Elaine

cms
13th-September-2006, 12:36 AM
:
Really pleased I went to the Stirling Tea dance, great to just chill after the intense comp day. Should have realised you were probably all Forumites, but at least I can now put a face to Firefly, Piglet, ClareS, CMS, LittleEm and Tiggerbabe! Thanks for the lovely dances and the welcomes. :kiss: McJester, I'll ask you to dance next time. :grin:

Thanks guys. :flower: :flower: :flower:

lovely to meet you too! im glad you enjoyed it! i had a fab weekend and stirling just rounded it off in a nice relaxed way! big thanks to sheena and franck for another great day!

C x

Suzie Q
13th-September-2006, 02:26 AM
The champs were fantastic!
The crowd at the scottish champs is the best!!!!!!!:worthy:
the atmosphere was great, plus the workshop and tea dance on Sunday was amazing, it realy finished my weekend off on a high, Thanx to everyone I danced with. ( sorry I can't remember names.) I'll be back next year!!! :grin:

Patrick
13th-September-2006, 03:16 AM
Elaine

So the Under Par Category it is then!

I was tempted to enter our local 'Best in the West' comp, but would have felt more comfortable if it were 'Worst in the West'...

With apologies in advance to Mr and Mrs Under Par, what should the rules be? How about... ;)

"To be eligible, you must

not be a member of, or associated with, the Under Par family (who are clearly not under par)
definitely not want to compete with the best dancers around
not be one of the best dancers around
either (a) be at least a little infirm of body and/or mind (a note from your doctor may be required), or (b) find all this remembering moves and stuff a bit hard really (a note from your teacher may be required)
not attempt any flashy moves or drops (though accidentally falling over from enthusiasm or 'fluffing' moves will not incur any penalties)
not be a teacher, professional, or ever placed in other categories, even if both hands tied behind your backs and blindfold (a note from your mum/priest/significant other may be required)

Extreme age is not sufficient in itself sufficient to qualify. Points will be gained for having a jolly good go and laughing at your mistakes, but deducted for pretending to be under par or trying too hard.

In the event of generalised exhaustion before the end of the track, the last couple left standing will be deemed the winners."

Ok, it may need a little work still... but as it stands I think I could qualify... :whistle:
Patrick :cheers:

Gadget
13th-September-2006, 07:14 AM
Only if you can dance in stilts :innocent: :D

Patrick
13th-September-2006, 08:55 AM
Only if you can dance in stilts :innocent: :D

Hmmm, you'd be a stilt-walker on the side then? :grin:

I think using props can be a bit contentious - seem to recall Zimmer Frames and support stockings are specifically banned in one Seniors category. A bit discriminatory I think. Of course, tripping up other couples with your Zimmer/crutches/stilts etc would not be viewed favourably. Unless other couple were showing off and deserved it of course...

Is that really a red silk thong? Is it yours? :wink:

under par
13th-September-2006, 09:29 AM
So the Under Par Category it is then!

I was tempted to enter our local 'Best in the West' comp, but would have felt more comfortable if it were 'Worst in the West'...

With apologies in advance to Mr and Mrs Under Par, what should the rules be?
No need to apologise Patrick.:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for raising my profile:worthy:

How about... ;)

"To be eligible, you must
[LIST]
<<<<ROOLZ>>>>
Ok, it may need a little work still... but as it stands I think I could qualify... :whistle:

I would gladly present the The UNDER PAR CUP to the winners.. so long as I felt okay on the day (of course).

Patrick
13th-September-2006, 09:51 AM
No need to apologise Patrick.:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for raising my profile:worthy:

I would gladly present the The UNDER PAR CUP to the winners.. so long as I felt okay on the day (of course).

Glad you like the idea.. Not that you need your profile raising any more! :respect:

Of course you would have to do the honours. Though if you really were very Under Par on the day, you might be eligible to enter... Mmmm, tricky conflict of interests! I never read any comp rules which were unambiguous.

Princess Fi
13th-September-2006, 12:00 PM
Though if you really were very Under Par on the day, you might be eligible to enter...

Thought members of the UP family weren't eligable to enter? we need to keep it fair for everyone else! :wink:

ducasi
15th-September-2006, 12:29 AM
Insomniac? Bored at work? Waiting for your lift to Southport to arrive?

Maybe you want to kill a while reading my blog entry on my experience at the Scottish competition last weekend (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/09/15/scottish-competition-2006/)?

(I should point out that all opinions stated are mine, or my understanding of my partner's opinion, and may not reflect reality. :))

And if you've still got time to kill after wading through that lot, why not post a comment? :flower:

Piglet
15th-September-2006, 12:48 AM
Great read Ducasi! Roll on next year, huh?:hug:

Anita
15th-September-2006, 05:17 PM
Insomniac? Bored at work? Waiting for your lift to Southport to arrive?

Maybe you want to kill a while reading my blog entry on my experience at the Scottish competition last weekend (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/09/15/scottish-competition-2006/)?

(I should point out that all opinions stated are mine, or my understanding of my partner's opinion, and may not reflect reality. :))

And if you've still got time to kill after wading through that lot, why not post a comment? :flower:

This was really interesting to read, lot of the thoughts about competitions rang true. They can be emotionally draining :(

It is true that John was the very last man in the official queue on the dwas.

Heather
17th-September-2006, 03:30 PM
:confused: :confused: Unfortunately due to other committments I was unable to attend the Scottish Champs this year. From all accounts it was another great organisational success for Scot and his team, and there was some fabulous dancing.:clap:
Congratulations to all the winners and to those taking part:worthy:
I am however a wee bit confused.:confused: According to the results on the day, only the first and second places were actually announced and anyone else wishing to know how they fared had to approach either Scot or Obi ( who was in charge of collating the marks).
This is where I am confused - apparently Peaches and Tigerpants were told by Obi that they had come in third in the Intermediate comp. but according to some previous posts , Dazzler and his partner ( who danced superbly I am told) were also told by someone that they were in third place! :confused:
Can we have some clarification on this please, Scot or Obi?

Heather

Piglet
18th-September-2006, 10:01 PM
apparently Peaches and Tigerpants were told by Obi that they had come in third in the Intermediate comp. but according to some previous posts , Dazzler and his partner ( who danced superbly I am told) were also told by someone that they were in third place!

Perhaps it was a tied third? They both danced fantastically and both deserve to be third I think, but I hadn't heard that - it would be nice to know who was third though in all the comps.

Heather
19th-September-2006, 08:36 AM
Perhaps it was a tied third? They both danced fantastically and both deserve to be third I think, but I hadn't heard that - it would be nice to know who was third though in all the comps.

Perhaps, but I think Obi would have mentioned if it had been a tie!
Anyway, I hope either Scot or Obi reads this and clarifies the situation.

:hug:

Heather