PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Latin Weekeder - 23rd/24th September

Paul F
6th-September-2006, 04:57 PM
It looks like I am going to get up to Scotland after all :clap: :clap:

Going to be up for the Stirling latin weekender. Anyone else thinking of going?

For the main party night there's Trampy and Tiggerbabe in the main room and Dance Demon in the latin/blues room :drool: :drool: :worthy:
Choices, choices!!

Im hoping I will get to meet loads of new people (forum and non). It's been far too long since I travelled over the border.

Tiggerbabe
6th-September-2006, 05:16 PM
Going to be up for the Stirling latin weekender. Anyone else thinking of going?
Well me :whistle: can't wait! :D

Im hoping I will get to meet loads of new people (forum and non). It's been far too long since I travelled over the border.
I'm sure you will, Paul, they're quite a friendly bunch up here :hug:

jammy
6th-September-2006, 06:21 PM
think im gonna try for the patry dont know about the lessons

ducasi
6th-September-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll likely be there, though, like jammy, not sure if I'll be doing (all) the workshops – would like to though... :)

Tinkerbell
6th-September-2006, 06:40 PM
I've got a wedding on the Saturday so I'll miss your workshops Paul :tears:

Hope to make it through on the Sunday, possibly just go for the t-dance (depends how wild the wedding is!)

I'm sure it will be a great weekend, disappointed I can't make the whole thing! :sad:

Piglet
6th-September-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm booked for it all :clap:
And providing my son doesn't give me any more worries....
I should be there :D

Paul F
6th-September-2006, 06:59 PM
Cool :nice: Forum people there too :clap:

I hope I get chance to say hi this time. :cheers:

Last time I was was up dancing in Scotland I had a great time. It was the Scottish Ceroc Comp the year before last.
I remember driving back down and promising myself to get back up there soon after.

2 years later!! :rolleyes:

Paul F
6th-September-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm booked for it all :clap:
And providing my son doesn't give me any more worries....
I should be there :D

Fantastic. Hope to see you in my worshop.

I may even bring my props with me :devil:

*evil laugh*

Franck
7th-September-2006, 12:27 PM
Here's the programme for the week-end:

- SATURDAY WORKSHOPS : Teachers: Paul Farrell and Lisa Vivo.
• 11.30am to 1.30pm - "Latin Spirit", It's all about the presentation! Styling your dancing to fit Latin music and mood, body isolations, walks & style tips.
• 2.30pm to 4.30pm - "Rumba - the dance of Love" Learn some impressive Rumba moves: Focusing on seduction and connection.

- PARTY ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT: 8.00pm to 2.00am - 2 rooms - DJ: Tiggerbabe and Steve the Tramp (Main room) + Dance Demon (Latin & Blues room)
9.00pm Fun class by Paul Farrell - 9.20pm Showcase by James McLauchlan.

- SUNDAY WORKSHOPS: Teacher: James McLauchlan
• 11.30am to 1.30pm - "Latin Swing" Based on East Coast Swing with Latin footwork and Cuban Motion for extra spice!
• 2.30pm to 4.30pm - "Chilli Cha Cha" Experience the energy and excitement of Cha Cha. Great moves with plenty of footwork and styling tips to inspire you.

• Paul Farrell. aka Paul F

Paul was born in Manchester, England and now residing in London (currently working in India), Paul is well known across the UK having taught and danced for many years in styles such as Ballroom + Latin, Modern Sequence, West Coast Swing and Ceroc.
From the age of ten Paul has been dancing and successfully competing in regional ballroom competitions throughout the UK. In his first full season in the adult division he managed to reach the Blackpool finals representing the North East in the UK Modern Sequence Champs (that's choreographed ballroom and latin to most people!). From there he concentrated his dance studies on 10-dance which includes the full range from Quickstep to Cha Cha Cha. Combining this with his love of West Coast Swing, which he was intially taught in the US, and Modern Jive he has managed to create unique teaching environments by bringing together a range of disciplines and a wealth of knowledge.

• James Mc Lauchlan (from the TV series: Strictly Dance Fever).

You'll remember James from Strictly Dance Fever first series, when he was dancing with Claire. James is a top Latin, Salsa, Ballroom, West Coast Swing and Line Dancing Teacher and teaches all over the country. He has regularly taught at events all over the UK and with his infectious giggle and fun classes promises to help make this a fabulous weekend.

We offer different packages for the Latin Week-end:
Bronze Package: any 2 workshops and the Saturday party: £45.00
Silver package: any 2 workshops, Saturday party and Sunday Tea-dance: £50.00
Gold Package: All 4 workshops and Saturday Party: £70.00
Platinum Package: All 4 workshops, Saturday Party and Sunday Tea-dance: £75.00
Single workshop: £20.00 - Saturday party: £10.00 - Sunday Tea-dance: £7.00

PM Tiggerbabe or email latin@cerocscotland.com to book!

under par
7th-September-2006, 12:30 PM

• 11.30am to 1.30pm - "Latin Spirit", It's all about the presentation! Styling your dancing to fit Latin music and mood, body isolations, walks & style tips.
• 2.30pm to 4.30pm - "Rumba - the dance of Love" Learn some impressive Rumba moves: Focusing on seduction and connection.

- PARTY ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT: 8.00pm to 2.00am - 2 rooms - DJ: Tiggerbabe and Steve the Tramp (Main room) + Dance Demon (Latin & Blues room)

• 11.30am to 1.30pm - "Latin Swing" Based on East Coast Swing with Latin footwork and Cuban Motion for extra spice!
• 2.30pm to 4.30pm - "Chilli Cha Cha" Experience the energy and excitement of Cha Cha. Great moves with plenty of footwork and styling tips to inspire you.

Blatant advert... MODERATOR !!

jammy
7th-September-2006, 05:36 PM

Paul was born in Manchester, England and now residing in London (currently working in India), Paul is well known across the UK having taught and danced for many years in styles such as Ballroom + Latin, Modern Sequence, West Coast Swing and Ceroc.
From the age of ten Paul has been dancing and successfully competing in regional ballroom competitions throughout the UK. In his first full season in the adult division he managed to reach the Blackpool finals representing the North East in the UK Modern Sequence Champs (that's choreographed ballroom and latin to most people!). From there he concentrated his dance studies on 10-dance which includes the full range from Quickstep to Cha Cha Cha. Combining this with his love of West Coast Swing, which he was intially taught in the US, and Modern Jive he has managed to create unique teaching environments by bringing together a range of disciplines and a wealth of knowledge.

• James Mc Lauchlan (from the TV series: Strictly Dance Fever).

You'll remember James from Strictly Dance Fever first series, when he was dancing with Claire. James is a top Latin, Salsa, Ballroom, West Coast Swing and Line Dancing Teacher and teaches all over the country. He has regularly taught at events all over the UK and with his infectious giggle and fun classes promises to help make this a fabulous weekend.

We offer different packages for the Latin Week-end:
Bronze Package: any 2 workshops and the Saturday party: £45.00
Silver package: any 2 workshops, Saturday party and Sunday Tea-dance: £50.00
Gold Package: All 4 workshops and Saturday Party: £70.00
Platinum Package: All 4 workshops, Saturday Party and Sunday Tea-dance: £75.00
Single workshop: £20.00 - Saturday party: £10.00 - Sunday Tea-dance: £7.00

where is the information about the t-dance? like place times and dj?

Piglet
7th-September-2006, 11:47 PM
Fantastic. Hope to see you in my worshop.

I may even bring my props with me :devil:

*evil laugh*

Looking forward to the props (I think) and looking forward to grabbing you for another dance :D

ducasi
7th-September-2006, 11:56 PM
Sounds like a really good weekend. Only question is... After Southport, will I have the energy?! :really:

TheTramp
8th-September-2006, 12:31 AM
For the main party night there's Trampy
Heh.

Thanks Paul!

Just arrived back in Scotland this evening, and saw this advertised, and wondered if I was going to be working at it.

Guess that means that I am! Cheers Franck! :clap:

Paul F
8th-September-2006, 05:58 AM
Heh.

Just arrived back in Scotland this evening, and saw this advertised, and wondered if I was going to be working at it.

Guess that means that I am! Cheers Franck! :clap:

Looking forward to it :clap:

Sounds like a really good weekend. Only question is... After Southport, will I have the energy?! :really:

Last Southport I told people I was going to make it to Jango on the Monday night. I chickened out because Im such a lightweight :blush: :blush:
Definately going to try this time. :)

TheTramp
8th-September-2006, 06:20 AM
Last Southport I told people I was going to make it to Jango on the Monday night. I chickened out because Im such a lightweight :blush: :blush:
Definately going to try this time. :)

Yeah. Wimp! And I only went there for a dance with you! :whistle:

Paul F
8th-September-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah. Wimp! And I only went there for a dance with you! :whistle:

You smooth talker you :cheers:

Piglet
8th-September-2006, 12:51 PM
Loving the new avatar Trampy - about time you got rid of that other one :wink:

I'd ask what's with the meaning, but perhaps your lips are 'seal'ed - lol :hug: :kiss:

under par
12th-September-2006, 12:27 PM

You don't need energy Ducasi you are an addict!:grin:

ducasi
12th-September-2006, 12:52 PM
You don't need energy Ducasi you are an addict!:grin:
Still suffering from the champs and that was only ~12 hours dancing, and two nights with not enough sleep for me. I'm going to be dead for days after Southport. :(

Caro
13th-September-2006, 07:10 PM
looks like a brilliant week-end :yeah: but I am going to have to give this one a miss... I think it's the first week-end in scotland I'll miss in over a year! (well scottish comp apart :blush: )

Have to fly home in France before going to Cameroon for 4 months :eek: I'll miss dancing :tears: :tears:

I'm sure you'll have a great time Paul :hug:

Paul F
25th-September-2006, 04:24 PM
What a week!!! :yum:

To say I was a bit worn out after our trip to Scotland is an understatement.

Fantastic trip though :clap:

Route 66 was great :cheers: Thanks to all the lovely ladies I danced with. Unfortunately I wasnt on top form as Lisa and I had just finished 'climbing' up Ben'An in Callendar that afternoon. I say climbing as it was leg-achingly painful :blush:
Nevertheless I really enjoyed it. I was rather shocked when I walked in as I didnt expect any dressing up :what:

The Stirling weekender was also really enjoyable. Such a shame we had to drive back down early. We were absolutely loving the Saturday nights dancing. :tears: There's a lessons learned experience!!

Ultimately, once again, upon returning from Scotland I am filled with such a massive sense of admiration for the place. Both in Edinburgh and Stirling (along with the outlying areas) we were welcomed and treated with the upmost friendliness. A fine example was when we got out of the car in the middle of Stirling looking pretty helpless trying to find the hotel. A lady stopped and asked if we were ok. Upon explaining our predicament she proceeded to walk us to the hotel chatting all the way :hug: :hug:
What an absolute angel.

Just the thought of that possibly happening in London or thereabouts makes me smile at the sheer craziness of the suggestion.

A great trip to a magnificent (and utterly beautiful) land with some of the friendliest and warmest hospitality you can find.

:hug:

Dazzler
25th-September-2006, 08:41 PM
I just wanted to voice my appreciation to Sheena, Steve and lets not forget John for some fantastic quality music yet again.....:respect: the main room had some really good upbeat and funky mixing with latin..fantastic!
The blues room as always was playing some great slow and sexy numbers :wink:

Also i would like to comment on some great dances i had and simply watched...the level of dancing at these events always amazes me :grin: I had my most intense dance of the weekend with Isabel but some fab dances with many other women...and i cant leave out my dances with jammy, killing time and night owl!...cheers guys!...first for everything..even let nightowl lead me(strange...very strange:sick: )

So a great big thanks to all i danced with and the providers of the music to do so!

Moving on!......thanks to Aleks and Claire S for helping me into my dress and make-up :devil: would not have been possible without them...although some of you may wish it they hadn't helped :na:

All round great night.....THANKS GUYS!!! :clap: :respect: :clap:

Isis
25th-September-2006, 11:58 PM
You make a handsome woman. I wish I had your legs!

Dazzler
26th-September-2006, 07:43 PM
You make a handsome woman. I wish I had your legs!

OK thats a bit scary...:sick: :rofl:

Too many ppl have past comment on me not looking that bad :whistle:

But thanks all the same :wink:

jammy
27th-September-2006, 09:40 PM
i had i good night too{rant on} there was only one think i didnt enjoy was someone was very rude 2 me when they came in as some of yous would of knowen i had a hat on on sat yeh i know i dont really suit hats well someone said 2 me if u think that looks kool jamie it dosent take it off! im sorry but there is just somethings you just dont say 2 ppl its like seein a dress on someone and sayin that dosnt suit you (that could be that persons fav dress) and u could of just hurt there fellings

well if this person reads this you know who u are i think u should think before you open you mouth i think you are very rude

{rant over}

Dazzler
27th-September-2006, 10:02 PM
i had i good night too{rant on} there was only one think i didnt enjoy was someone was very rude 2 me when they came in as some of yous would of knowen i had a hat on on sat yeh i know i dont really suit hats well someone said 2 me if u think that looks kool jamie it dosent take it off! im sorry but there is just somethings you just dont say 2 ppl its like seein a dress on someone and sayin that dosnt suit you (that could be that persons fav dress) and u could of just hurt there fellings

well if this person reads this you know who u are i think u should think before you open you mouth i think you are very rude

{rant over}

Thats just not right!...didnt think the hat was all that bad buddy!...i have taken to wearing a hat as of late and find its a good fun prop...ppl should not voice personal opinions on personal appearance as its gonna end up hurtin someone!..we should feel free to wear what we want without the fear of judgement...personally i think they were jealous mate! :respect:

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 10:08 PM

{rant over}

For what it's worth I thought it looked pretty damn good mate.

skippy
29th-September-2006, 07:45 PM
I had some amazing dances with lots of guys, too many to mention but I would love to thank Jammy for all my funky tracks and James for my very fast jive!!!!

CJ
30th-September-2006, 05:24 AM
rant...

Jammy,

FWIW: sometimes, when U have the balls to express yourself, be who you are and choose to walk your own path somebody will have a pop at you.:confused:

It says more about where they are, than you.:worthy:

Realise this, then let it go... It's their stuff, not yours.:flower:

Believe me, I know.:D

Yours,

CJ
:cheers:

Isis
1st-October-2006, 12:59 PM
For Jammy & CJ;

If People Disapprove of You

Make being disapproved of your hobby.
Make being disapproved of your aim.
Devise new ways of scoring points
In the Being Disapproved Of Game.

Let them disapprove in their dozens.
Let them disapprove in their hordes.
You'll find that being disapproved of
Builds character, brings rewards

Just like any form of striving.
Don't be arrogant; don't coast
On your high disapproval rating.
Try to be disapproved of most.

At this point, if it's useful,
Draw a pie-chart or a graph.
Show it to someone who disapproves.
When they disapprove, just laugh.

Count the emotions you provoke:
Anger, suspicion, shock.
One point for each of these and two
For every boat you rock.

Feel yourself warming to your task -
You do it bloody well.
At last you've found an area
In which you can excel.

Savour the thrill of risk without
The fear of getting caught.
Whether they sulk or scream or pout,
Enjoy your new-found sport.

Meanwhile all those who disapprove
While you are having fun
Won't even know your game exists
So tell yourself you've won.

Sophie Hannah

Petal
2nd-October-2006, 06:33 PM
Thats just not right!...didnt think the hat was all that bad buddy!...i have taken to wearing a hat as of late and find its a good fun prop...ppl should not voice personal opinions on personal appearance as its gonna end up hurtin someone!..we should feel free to wear what we want without the fear of judgement...personally i think they were jealous mate! :respect:

I only saw Dazzler wearing a hat, and it looked great, only thing was it was hiding his gorgous hair. But if the person can't say something nice they shouldn't say anything at all - bet they were just jealous.:na:

Piglet
3rd-October-2006, 01:49 PM
Can't believe its taken me this long to post - well, ok I can considering I'm sitting here wearing a neck brace!! Not been well in the last week, but the memories of the Stirling weekend are warming my wee heart. Had a fab time from the Saturday morning til the end of the tea dance (well almost the end - my feet were a bit sore and I had a long drive).

Thanks again to Franck and Sheena for the whole kaboodle and especially the tea dance.

Fab classes from Paul and Lisa and from James.

Great dances from lots of lovely guys - again not one bad dance had by me and I even enjoyed staying in the main room most of the night - well, I did have my eye on a couple of good dancers and they were hanging there so that sold it for me.

Thanks to Paul for putting up with my rubbish Latin dancing, but I think his first class has helped me understand Latin movement more and I certainly enjoyed my dances with him (knew I would :wink: )

Thanks to James for his crazy Glaswegian humour. Creased me up at the tea dance. Boy you don't mince your words huh?

Haven't watched any of the video I took yet, but looking forward to Dazzler dancing with his suitors.

And finally - Jammy - you look darned handsome whatever you're wearing. And I thought the hat was perfect so I'll help you blow a raspberry at the rude person. :whistle: (< can you see the raspberry in the whistle?)

Franck - have I corrupted a smilie?? :D