PDA

View Full Version : Who's going where? Week-end 14th October?

DavidY
6th-September-2006, 01:19 PM
Since my Southport stuff has finally (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=275698#post275698) arrived I notice that there's a new Jive Addiction freestyle in there.
And it's really close to me. :clap:

Monster Jive Freestyle
Saturday 14th October 2006
Rollerworld , Derby
Anyone else going?

robd
6th-September-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought the next Daventry freestyle was the 14th Oct but given that Marc and Rob are DJing at Derby who would that leave at Daventry and what impact would this have on the numbers there?

Northants Girly
6th-September-2006, 01:31 PM
I thought the next Daventry freestyle was the 14th Oct but given that Marc and Rob are DJing at Derby who would that leave at Daventry and what impact would this have on the numbers there?I think Daventry is the following weekend on 21 Oct :D

DavidY
6th-September-2006, 01:34 PM
I thought the next Daventry freestyle was the 14th Oct but given that Marc and Rob are DJing at Derby who would that leave at Daventry and what impact would this have on the numbers there?Rob,

According to the Ceroc Central Workshops page (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=workshops_date) (no idea why it isn't on the Freestyles page :confused: ), Daventry's Bugsy Malone night is 21st October. So you can go to both (and I fully intend to).

Edit: I see NG got there first. :na:

under par
6th-September-2006, 01:37 PM
Since my Southport stuff has finally (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=275698#post275698) arrived I notice that there's a new Jive Addiction freestyle in there.
And it's really close to me. :clap:

Anyone else going?

Southport attendees can get a ticket for a £1 if purhased at Southport so it says in the brochure:respect:

Dizzy
6th-September-2006, 01:43 PM
Rebel Yell in Woking is going to be on 14th October as well as Britrock Champs in Brighton I believe (correct me if I am wrong :blush: )

killingtime
6th-September-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm at Brit Rock 2006 which isn't on the list.

Alice
6th-September-2006, 01:45 PM
Rebel Yell in Woking is going to be on 14th October
That's where I'll be:whistle: :clap:

Icey
6th-September-2006, 01:48 PM
I shall be post-op so I won't be dancing until Christmas :tears:

johnah
6th-September-2006, 03:18 PM
Southport attendees can get a ticket for a £1 if purhased at Southport so it says in the brochure:respect:

If it says it in the brochure, then it must be true UP!

Just £1, for 6 hours of awesome freestyle.

:cheers:

fletch
6th-September-2006, 03:34 PM
If it says it in the brochure, then it must be true UP!

Just £1, for 6 hours of awesome freestyle.

:cheers:

That will do for me :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I might be able to buy a new dress now :D

Missy D
6th-September-2006, 04:45 PM
I shall be post-op so I won't be dancing until Christmas :tears:

What:eek: Hope its not too serious:hug:

Minnie M
6th-September-2006, 06:42 PM
Moderators - pease add Rebell Yell to the voting - I've been waiting all year for this event, I love it :clap: and this year Ryan & Jenny are there too :worthy:

It's not just the event (workshops & dance) that is good, I love the shops in the area and going for a meal at lunchtime with my buddies not to mention the comfy armchairs in the chill out area, and the venue is my second fave :yeah:

However, it is such a shame it clashes with BritRock :tears:

jiveaddicted
9th-September-2006, 03:10 PM
Who's planning on goin to the Monster jive night im thinking about it but have been invited down to hastings for that weekend now not sure which to do!!!:confused: :confused:

fletch
9th-September-2006, 03:13 PM
Who's planning on goin to the Monster jive night im thinking about it but have been invited down to hastings for that weekend now not sure which to do!!!:confused: :confused:

Well I suppose it depends what's on offer in Hastings :wink:

But with no offers at all:tears: looks like I will be at the Monster Jive:clap:

John has promised me a free ticket to replace the extra one I was left with for the Big Bang :respect:

mmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

thanks John :cheers:

ooie! just seen the poll, you weight till the weekend hehe.

jiveaddicted
9th-September-2006, 03:16 PM
Free food beer,food,bed and lift down there and giant bonfire on the beach. have just checked the website n there is a christmas party that i will probably do tho.

fletch
9th-September-2006, 03:22 PM
Free food beer,food,bed and lift down there and giant bonfire on the beach. have just checked the website n there is a christmas party that i will probably do tho.

mmmmi'm not sure that's enough :whistle:

Just think what you could be missing, :love:

as many dances with me as you can cope with. :waycool:

No strike that last comment you won't come :tears:

only mentioned dancing at your venue on Thursday and it has had you running for the pub :na:

:rofl:

jiveaddicted
9th-September-2006, 03:30 PM
well what can i say im worried i wont be able to keep up with you!!

Have looked at class list for southport dont know how im goona do classes and dance and eat let alone sleep

fletch
9th-September-2006, 03:46 PM
well what can i say im worried i wont be able to keep up with you!!

Have looked at class list for southport dont know how im goona do classes and dance and eat let alone sleep

And I thought it was me that was the old 'en :waycool:

light weight :na: stand back I will show you how its done :wink:

So, best thing is to dance really late like you did before,:waycool: play, watch the others and ask them how they did 'that' move :worthy:

You are a wonderful lead with some really fun interesting moves,:respect: you don't need more basic moves you need to play and work on putting new moves in your routine, working on what works and what doesn't, for you :clap:

5-9 will be the best time for this if its not past you bed time :na:

In my opinion :hug:

jiveaddicted
10th-September-2006, 08:17 PM
well 5-9 it is then i presume you mean in the afternoon :rofl:

Gojive
10th-September-2006, 11:01 PM
'Monster Jive'...are you sure you don't mean 'Rebel Yell' JA? :confused:

:flower:

jivecat
11th-September-2006, 11:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can remember Christmas is in December. Has the date been changed?

Alice
11th-September-2006, 11:47 AM
'Monster Jive'...are you sure you don't mean 'Rebel Yell' JA? :confused:

Have a look- they are separate options. I think Monster Jive is a freestyle in Derby, on the same day as Rebel Yell.

:clap: :clap:

Gojive
11th-September-2006, 04:02 PM
Have a look- they are separate options. I think Monster Jive is a freestyle in Derby, on the same day as Rebel Yell.

Oops!!! Really sorry JA - I didn't look before I leapt! (again) :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm just so used the the Monster Jive down here in Surrey, I never gave it a second thought that there could be another elsewhere in the country :blush: :blush:

Thanks for the heads-up Alice :)

Alice
11th-September-2006, 04:05 PM
Oops!!! Really sorry JA - I didn't look before I leapt! (again) :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm just so used the the Monster Jive down here in Surrey, I never gave it a second thought that there could be another elsewhere in the country :blush: :blush:

Thanks for the heads-up Alice :)
*bows graciously*
You're welcome....:flower:

stewart38
19th-September-2006, 03:58 PM

yes missed this so think its £7 :sad:

Might have my accomedation sorted for the night so may go :grin: Got Sat Nav now so can venture more then 30 miles down the road

will it be any good ?

so much going on in October :yeah:

fletch
19th-September-2006, 04:26 PM

Might have my accomedation sorted for the night so may go :grin: Got Sat Nav now so can venture more then 30 miles down the road

will it be any good ?

£7 hey....don't think i will get involved in this one :rolleyes:

well the Witty one and me will be there so the place will be rocking :waycool:

:D

So much going on in Oct?:really: carefull we don't wan't you to have to much fun :whistle: you might be in danger of braking out into a smile:rolleyes:

:D

johnah
20th-September-2006, 12:24 PM

will it be any good ?

Will it be any good? Let's put it this way, almost 600 dancers already think so and, as far as we're aware, that will make the Monster Jive Freestyle in Derby, the biggest freestyle night there's ever been.:cheers:

jivebunny
23rd-September-2006, 11:46 AM

will it be any good ?

With all the excitement of Southport i forgot to get my £1 ticket :sad: but will be going to Derby anyway :clap: also Daventry the week after :clap:

I can't wait!!!

fletch
24th-September-2006, 08:33 PM
Will it be any good? Let's put it this way, almost 600 dancers already think so and, as far as we're aware, that will make the Monster Jive Freestyle in Derby, the biggest freestyle night there's ever been.:cheers:

:yeah:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
28th-September-2006, 10:46 PM
I have just posted my October list to the web and am amazed how many good events there are for 14 October and that is only for those in the South :really: (there are more on the list)
there are a few further north worth the drive too ! (see the poll list)

BritRock Jive Competition at The Great Hall, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road (off New Church Road) - all day event + eve dance
Fresh Chiswick Freestyle Chiswick Town Hall, 2 rooms mainstream ceroc & chillout latin/blues room
Saturday Night Freestyle at Crofton Hall Crofton Road
Freestyle Dance Night at Barton Hall, The Horndean Campus, Barton Cross, Horndean, Waterloovillle
Sugar Shack, Loddon Hall, Loddon Hall Road, Twyford
HG Wells, Church Street East - Rebel Yell

cms
2nd-October-2006, 11:33 AM
im going to cannes for a wedding!!:clap: :clap:

unfortunately that does mean missing my last glasgow party for a year but hope to see as many of you as poss at freestyles around scotland before i go!

C x

Yliander
2nd-October-2006, 02:52 PM
having bought a ticket on fab special at Southport was going to go to Monster Jive but the plan has changed instead i am going to be winging my way to Turkey that day instead so the question is

Anyone want a ticket to Monster Jive??

David Bailey
2nd-October-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm going to be grumpy.

So, no change there then.

Paul F
2nd-October-2006, 04:08 PM
Going to head on over to Rebel Yell :clap:
The venue is one of m favourite venues of all. Very plush :)

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm going to be grumpy.

Whats new :na:

David Bailey
2nd-October-2006, 04:23 PM
Whats new :na:

Yeah... you're missing the whole white text thing, aren't you... :rolleyes: :na:

But OK, I'll be especially grumpy.

Gojive
2nd-October-2006, 04:30 PM

I'm thinking of going too, but the £15 price tag is putting me off at the moment :sick: ...if I can flog a few bits on eBay then maybe....

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm thinking of going too, but the £15 price tag is putting me off at the moment :sick: ...if I can flog a few bits on eBay then maybe....
Does a hug and dance with me help :innocent: haven't seen you for ages and miss ya :sad:

Paul F
2nd-October-2006, 04:34 PM

Yeah I had to think for a bit but I reasoned on two points:

1. I have always said I will pay to go to a quality venue

2. Kyle and Sarah!!!!!!! (hoping they do a cabaret)

Unfortunately I couldnt get much info out of the website i.e. how many rooms, times etc. If anyone has more detail it would be muchly appreciated.

Gojive
2nd-October-2006, 06:05 PM
Does a hug and dance with me help :innocent: haven't seen you for ages and miss ya :sad:

Nothing would please me more than that Min...alas, finances are dictating things right now (or rather lack of them)

Paul - Any other year, I wouldn't have thought twice about it..in fact I usually go to the whole day event too (which I love), but as I was just saying to Minnie earlier in this post :na: , finances are making me think twice.

I'm not sure I can really justify the extra £7 or so on top of a normal freestyle, to watch the cabaret :tears:

Juju
2nd-October-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm going to be grumpy.

Big birthday is it then...? :whistle:

Jennifer
5th-October-2006, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately I couldnt get much info out of the website i.e. how many rooms, times etc. If anyone has more detail it would be muchly appreciated.

Hi Paul - The info that I was sent along with my ticket says:

The evening commences at 8.30pm with a warm up lesson in both the Wells and Kemp room. Following the classes, there will be freestyle and cabarets with the evening finishing at 1.00am.

Almost an Angel
5th-October-2006, 01:44 PM

:clap: Book me in for a dance or three please.

This little Angel will be there - probably helping out on the door for part of the time - so any Forumites there please do come and say Hi to me.

Does a hug and dance with me help haven't seen you for ages and miss ya

Do I get a hug too?? I haven't seen you for ages either. :(

Angel xx

Minnie M
5th-October-2006, 02:13 PM
.......Do I get a hug too?? I haven't seen you for ages either. :(

Angel xx

Always got time for a hug for you Angel :hug: although I think you were 'talking' to Paul

See you on the 14th :yeah: :clap:

jivebunny
9th-October-2006, 01:15 PM
I was going to Monster Jive Ball, but my rugby team got through to the Super League final so going to Manchester now:clap: gutted that its the same night as Derby, i asked super league to rearrange but they said no :sad:

maybe able to pop in on the way back to Notts though.

Ax

Gordon J Pownall
9th-October-2006, 03:40 PM
Sally and I look forward to seeing those going to BritRocK at the weekend.....do come and find us for a dance if you're there...!:flower:

G&S...x

fletch
11th-October-2006, 01:27 PM
The 'T' dance at Bromsgrove is on this Sunday, so anyone going to Derby, it might be worth stopping over and doing the 'T' on the Sunday.

Junktion 1 on the M42

www.corporatedancecompany.com

See you there

jacksondonut
11th-October-2006, 01:57 PM
Just got our tickets for Rebel Yell on Saturday..:clap: :clap: :clap:

See you there:yeah: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

johnah
11th-October-2006, 02:56 PM
The 'T' dance at Bromsgrove is on this Sunday, so anyone going to Derby, it might be worth stopping over and doing the 'T' on the Sunday.

Junktion 1 on the M42

See you there

Sounds like a good idea Fletch. Here's some accommodation details for anyone wishing to stay overnight.

We have negotiated 'special room rates' at the Days Inn Hotel, Derby especially for you:- £50 for a twin room, including Full English Breakfast for two people. You may even add a third person to the room -
using a pull out bed (breakfast not included for the third person).

Days Inn, Days Hotel Derby DE21 6D
Tel: 01332 363600

Please ring the hotel directly and mention Jive Addiction and this offer, when booking your room.

We know that over 600 tickets have been sold, and judging by enquiries we're receiving, expect circa 800 dancers at the first Monster Jive Freestyle. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Zebra Woman
11th-October-2006, 03:59 PM
Don't forget there is a freestyle at Berko on Saturday.

It is 5 hours of non-stop freestyle, 8PM - 1AM. :respect: :clap:

Ian Morgan will be playing in the blues room and I think Latin Ian will be playing in the main room.

Yup I think it's Berko for me.

Lory
11th-October-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't forget there is a freestyle at Berko on Saturday.

It is 5 hours of non-stop freestyle, 8PM - 1AM. :respect: :clap:

Ian Morgan will be playing in the blues room and I think Latin Ian will be playing in the main room.

Yup I think it's Berko for me.

Ian Morgan = Oxo's :worthy:

fletch
11th-October-2006, 04:39 PM
Ian Morgan = Oxo's :worthy:

It is OXO'S he was supposed to be going to Derby with me now you guy's have got him :rolleyes: one good dancer less for me but i'm sure I will cope :na:

have a good one at Berko :flower:

but all the fun will be at Derby this Saturday :clap:

Patrick
11th-October-2006, 06:30 PM
It is OXO'S he was supposed to be going to Derby with me now you guy's have got him :rolleyes: one good dancer less for me but i'm sure I will cope :na:

have a good one at Berko :flower:

But you also have one good guy more now! :wink: Good dancer? Couldn't possibly comment... :whistle: :whistle:

Off out now! Don't know where though. Bath, Bristol, salsa, jive, maybe cinema 4 a change. L8R. :love:

fletch
12th-October-2006, 01:08 PM
But you also have one good guy more now!

This is true :clap:

Who need OXO'S :na:

:wink:

not really :hug: :hug: :hug:

stewart38
12th-October-2006, 02:24 PM
Doing Derby saturday and at a place in Mapperley in Nottingham tomorrow :sick:

Anyone been to that ??

fletch
12th-October-2006, 03:59 PM

Anyone been to that ??

Blummin hec S38 your geting about a bit :na:

So are we standing together on Saturday or are you spoken for :wink:

stewart38
12th-October-2006, 04:59 PM

Thats for sure, who they playing ?

stewart38
12th-October-2006, 05:02 PM

Junktion 1 on the M42

See you there

Interesting site, why 'advertise' you only had 40 dancers ?? :sick:

MartinHarper
12th-October-2006, 05:04 PM

Nice. That then on Sunday. I'll mention it to Malcolm (a local guy who maintains a "what's on" email), so maybe you'll get some of the JazzJive crowd along too.

Saturday - Worcester dance, Nunnery Wood High School (WR5 2LT). TRDC jaunt.

Friday (ie tommorrow) - possibly Jive Aces at Austin Rover Club in Birmingham.
http://www.jiveaces.com/gig_guide/index.html

fletch
12th-October-2006, 05:16 PM
Nice. That then on Sunday. I'll mention it to Malcolm (a local guy who maintains a "what's on" email), so maybe you'll get some of the JazzJive crowd along too.

Saturday - Worcester dance, Nunnery Wood High School (WR5 2LT). TRDC jaunt.

Friday (ie tommorrow) - possibly Jive Aces at Austin Rover Club in Birmingham.
http://www.jiveaces.com/gig_guide/index.html

:cheers: Martin

Rover Bham ? is that Castle Vale :confused:

fletch
12th-October-2006, 05:20 PM
Interesting site, why 'advertise' you only had 40 dancers ?? :sick:

We had 50 on the last one :na:

and we are all lovely :rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheepman
12th-October-2006, 05:34 PM
Saturday night for me is going to be staying in, trying to recover from this "Southport chest" I still haven't got rid of, and more sleeping off the jetlag, so I'm not going to make it to Derby for the Monster Jive. If anyone would like my ticket, please pm me as soon as possible - I'd have to get it into the post tomorrow.

Sunday hopefully I'll be fit enough to make the t-dance at Bisley, and trying to recall some of the cool moves from last weekend in San Francisco.

Greg

littlewiggle
12th-October-2006, 07:44 PM

Anyone been to that ??

Yep - me once! Hardly anyone there - about 20 at the most!

Freya
12th-October-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm now going to visit a friend in Inverness and apparentloy there is a T-dance on the Sunday!

fletch
12th-October-2006, 08:59 PM
Yep - me once! Hardly anyone there - about 20 at the most!

So you will be glad of the extra 30 people at the 't' on Sunday then :na:

Magic Hans
12th-October-2006, 09:24 PM
Totally forgot about Monster Jive .... just hope it's not full when I get there!!

If anyone's staying up for the weekend .... or wanting to, I've got a couple of spare bedrooms, and a put up bed downstairs. Oh .... in Nottingham, Derby side.

..... once I've tidied the house a bit!!!

See y'all there!!!

!an

Magic Hans
12th-October-2006, 09:44 PM
Forgot to add ... PM or email me if you need somewhere to stay.

Yliander
12th-October-2006, 10:05 PM
Totally forgot about Monster Jive .... just hope it's not full when I get there!!

If anyone's staying up for the weekend .... or wanting to, I've got a couple of spare bedrooms, and a put up bed downstairs. Oh .... in Nottingham, Derby side.

..... once I've tidied the house a bit!!!

See y'all there!!!

!an
I've got a ticket going free - if you want it PM your address and I'll post it .... with any luck it will arrive saturday ... worth at try?

Trouble
13th-October-2006, 04:06 PM
bit of a problem that im hoping somebody can help me with. I thought Ashtons was on tonight (cricklewood) but since found out it is not. Based in EN9 postcode area (cheshunt, cricklewood, stevenage, chigwell) all those areas and me and sis wanna dance tonight cant find a single thing on.

Can anybody help us.??????:flower: :flower:

Tiggerbabe
13th-October-2006, 04:08 PM
Glasgow Party for me - don't forget folks, it's in the Woodside Hall and NOT the Uni :hug:

Blueshoes
13th-October-2006, 04:38 PM
On Saturday I'll be at my friend's wife's 50th at Bury town hall - on my own - whilst many people I know will be partying the night away in Derby (I even had two tickets which I gave away).

:tears: :tears: :tears:

fletch
13th-October-2006, 04:44 PM
On Saturday I'll be at my friend's wife's 50th at Bury town hall - on my own - whilst many people I know will be partying the night away in Derby (I even had two tickets which I gave away).

:tears: :tears: :tears:

neaver mind Blueshoes we will have a dance or two with you in mind :rolleyes:

:na:

:wink: :flower:

TheTramp
13th-October-2006, 04:51 PM
Can anybody help us.??????:flower: :flower:

Absolutely. Last minute flight to Glasgow. Dancing at the Woodside Halls. You are as mad as the rest of us on the forum. Aren't you? :flower:

(Oh, and looks like I'll be able to drop in now for at least the first part. Will have to leave about 11pm though)

Trouble
13th-October-2006, 05:18 PM
Absolutely. Last minute flight to Glasgow. Dancing at the Woodside Halls. You are as mad as the rest of us on the forum. Aren't you? :flower:

(Oh, and looks like I'll be able to drop in now for at least the first part. Will have to leave about 11pm though)

god dont tempt me,, im that desperate for dancing tonight, really fancy it and there is just nothing on.. what a drag.....

cant find one single thing.

:tears:

TheTramp
13th-October-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh. Tonight. Ummm. Sorry. That's tomorrow. It's a bit late for tonight now really. At least, to get up here.

See you tomorrow then :flower:

David Bailey
13th-October-2006, 07:24 PM
god dont tempt me,, im that desperate for dancing tonight, really fancy it and there is just nothing on.. what a drag.....

cant find one single thing.

You know what, I think you're right - only thing on in the London area is the usual classes (Chimes, Casbah and Chesham - the "3 Cs" :) )

But there are about 2,000 gazillion events on tomorrow night. Typical :rolleyes:

fletch
13th-October-2006, 07:32 PM
You know what, I think you're right - only thing on in the London area is the usual classes (Chimes, Casbah and Chesham - the "3 Cs" :) )

what only three :eek: must be awfull :rolleyes:

and I have told you a million times stop exaggerating :na:

Jivingdan
13th-October-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi Fletch.
I'll be at Lickey end on Sunday. Joe is really looking forward to it. If I can get mum to look after Joe I might even make it to Derby on Saturday.

Nessiemonster
13th-October-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm now going to visit a friend in Inverness and apparentloy there is a T-dance on the Sunday!

See you for a dance on Sunday then... :hug:

Minnie M
14th-October-2006, 02:41 AM
BritRock pre-comp party/dance
Just got in from a great evening - thanks to all for my lovely dances (and I had lots of them):cheers: :clap: :yeah:

fletch
14th-October-2006, 08:38 AM
BritRock pre-comp party/dance
Just got in from a great evening - thanks to all for my lovely dances (and I had lots of them):cheers: :clap: :yeah:

Lucky you Minnie :clap:

Have a wonderfull time :hug:

WittyBird
14th-October-2006, 12:49 PM
I will be at Derby tonight to give my support to Jon & Wes with their Freestyle, Yeah baby :clap:

Cruella
14th-October-2006, 02:41 PM
I will be at Derby tonight to give my support to Jon & Wes with their Freestyle, Yeah baby :clap:

See you there hun. :kiss:

WittyBird
14th-October-2006, 02:42 PM
See you there hun. :kiss:

You sure will, It's gonna be a fantastic evening knowing the sort of events Jon & Wes put on. I for one can't wait :D

Minnie M
15th-October-2006, 08:22 AM
Have a wonderfull time :hug:
:confused: only did the pre-comp party

Yesterday I went to Rebell Yell - great day - Kyle & Sarah :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:

Ryan & Jenny :respect: :worthy: :respect:

I did FOUR workshops :really: anyone who knows me know this is unheard of :really: :really: (I am usually working at all day events & weekenders)

The only real negative part of the day was the HEAT - it was almost unbearable :sad:

jivecat
15th-October-2006, 11:08 AM
Had a good time at The Derby freestyle despite turning up late with a bad back. It was good to see so many friendly faces, helped to remind me what it was I used to love about this dancing lark. Thanks, everyone.

Thanks also, to everyone who danced with me and racked their brains to think of moves that didn't involve dips or drops.:hug:

I loved the venue, felt it had lots of atmosphere and lots of space to dance. Perhaps the lights could have been dimmer for the bluesy section at the end, though. The floor seemed a bit rough, but I guess it has a thousand kids roller-skating on it every day?

Lots of good music played, though I suspect the blues stuff was toned down a bit to cater for the Ceroc-in-treacle fraternity. Clearly more Midlands musicality classes required. The music didn't seem to get mellow until well after 12 o'clock when a lot of people were departing.

Generally an event I will definitely be going to again, though.

Patrick
15th-October-2006, 11:20 AM
Had a good time at The Derby freestyle despite turning up late with a bad back. It was good to see so many friendly faces, helped to remind me what it was I used to love about this dancing lark. Thanks, everyone.

Thanks also, to everyone who danced with me and racked their brains to think of moves that didn't involve dips or drops.:hug:

I loved the venue, felt it had lots of atmosphere and lots of space to dance. Perhaps the lights could have been dimmer for the bluesy section at the end, though. The floor seemed a bit rough, but I guess it has a thousand kids roller-skating on it every day?

Lots of good music played, though I suspect the blues stuff was toned down a bit to cater for the Ceroc-in-treacle fraternity. Clearly more Midlands musicality classes required. The music didn't seem to get mellow until well after 12 o'clock when a lot of people were departing.

Generally an event I will definitely be going to again, though.

I'm sorry I missed this, I almost set off late to arrive by midnight, but stayed home to rest in the end.

I hope you are going to the Bromsgrove T this afternoon. Ask Fletch to point me out and perhaps we could have a gentle dance?

Patrick :flower:

Cruella
15th-October-2006, 11:53 AM
Took a few quick pics. (Can't work out how to get rid of the red eye, sorry)
Great venue, bought my ticket for the xmas party on the 23rd December. :D
Did any other ladies make the discovery of young Jamie from Doncaster? (Wearing the hat) WoW, only been dancing 6 months too!!!

DavidY
15th-October-2006, 11:58 AM
young Jamie from Doncaster? (Wearing the hat) WoW, only been dancing 6 months too!!!:yeah: I saw him dancing & was well impressed. Has he really only been dancing 6 months?

Cruella
15th-October-2006, 12:01 PM
More...

Cruella
15th-October-2006, 12:02 PM
Lastly..

Cruella
15th-October-2006, 12:05 PM
:yeah: I saw him dancing & was well impressed. Has he really only been dancing 6 months?

Yep! He's originally a line dancer though. He was awesome, reminded me so much of Alex Faulkner (Centralex)

Zebra Woman
15th-October-2006, 12:12 PM
I am really sorry I missed Derby, but I'm afraid I could not possibly have missed OXO's debut in the Berko blues room.

Latin Ian played a blinder in the main room and OXO...well...What an amazing set!:clap: I have never heard so much new and exciting music in one night. Excellent stuff. :respect:

It was a quiet night by Berko standards (meaning there was room to dance). And I had the added advantage that Lory had stayed home with a cold (get well soon hun :hug:, and thank you for not sharing it:flower: ) so I was Kev F's temporary dance partner for the night. Every cloud has a silver lining....

Funniest moment - The blues room suddenly cleared . I thought,
'Oh no, has OXO played a duff track? Surely not?'

Of course he hadn't :rolleyes:

Tea and cakes were being served in the bar...

You can't compete with that.:what:

ZW

David Bailey
15th-October-2006, 12:15 PM
I went to Chiswick - third time lucky, I thought.

Alas, it was not to be.

Whilst I had some nice dances in the main room, that $%^*&^ "Chillout room" - I'm not setting foot in there again. Too hot, music all over the shop, and the floor literally got sticky - I swear I had to physically pull my feet up to move them at some point.

I've given Chiswick three goes now, and each time I've come back less-than-overwhelmed. It's fine as a standard Ceroc venue - the music in the main room, no problem with that, normal Ceroc fair. But the Blues / Chillout room has, all the time, been a disappointment. :sad:

The worst part was trying to tango to Santa Maria whilst playing dodgems with people who simply could not hear the music, and were just jumping and bouncing around to it. I gave up halfway through on that one.

EDIT: seeing ZW's comments, I think I'll have a "Should have gone to Berko" T-shirt printed...

Juju
15th-October-2006, 12:52 PM

I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy. Though the dry ice was rather amusing.

On top of which I took over two hours to do a one hour journey - ended up halfway to Chesterfield before I realised I was lost, and my Roman torc bangle got attached to someone's trousers doing a dance, and (it was one of those nights) I smacked myself on the head with the same bangle in mid-dance - right on the bump I got after smacking my head on a doorframe last week, and my shirt cuffs came undone and I had to ask a stranger to do them up for me (which made me feel like a toddler), and I had a bad hair day!!! (... but apart form that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?)

I did have some nice dances, despite not being at my best, but I don't think I'd go back. It's a shame - but at least the ticket only cost me a quid.

Magic Hans
15th-October-2006, 12:56 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: my feet hurt!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

I think I'm dying!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Gee ... thanks John and Wes! :wink:

Seriously fab venue ... lovely to meet (and dance with) forumites, 'specially some for the first time.

Just ran oot of steam by about 1am. :blush:

Thanks Cruella for tekin' some pics .... I'll recognise more next time!!

Well done J&W!

jivebunny
15th-October-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi

Well done John & Wes, i had a great time:clap: , dispite not being able to get there untill 11pm. I thought the floor was good, perhaps because any floor is better the Marcus Garvey at the moment, which i am sure has been covered in glue.

I has some great dances, (although i have a slight head ache this morning Kirk!:sick: ), i really enjoyed Marc's set but I did think the music was a little loud as my ears were ringing when i got in to bed.

Got my ticket for 23rd December.:nice:

Saw lots of faces i recgonise off the forum, i shall come and introduce myself next time.

roll on Daventry next weekend:clap:

Amyxx:flower:

jacksondonut
15th-October-2006, 03:01 PM
Yesterday I went to Rebell Yell - great day - Kyle & Sarah :respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy:

The only real negative part of the day was the HEAT - it was almost unbearable :sad:

Must agree with you Minnie.. I was only there for the evening..but I am still feeling hungover..:eek: I didnt drink any alcohol, but feel exhausted this morning and think it must be getting so dehydrated... No air conditioning that I could see upstairs and no fans... :tears: I really struggled with the heat in the end...:sick:

Looks like I so missed out on a great day.. must do it next time..:yeah:

Lovely to see everyone.. :flower: Jennifer & Dave H from Scotland :flower:
and the Twickenham gang.. :flower:

I only popped downstairs for the awesome caberet and one dance.. then headed back upstairs for the rest of the night.. :yeah:

For me, there was definately a lot of extra ladies and not enough WCS chaps to go round.. :sad: but I enjoyed what I had.. thanks everyone, esp MSFab.. what a lovely lead.. :flower: (*and you too guys..*)

Wish I could get to Bisley today.. but will definately be going next time..

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

WittyBird
15th-October-2006, 03:07 PM
I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy.

Were we at the same venue? :really:

I had a fcuking amazing night.
Fabulous venue, well worth the 3 hours in the car, would've been 2 but someone didn't know how to programme HIS TomTom, did they Raph :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave from Bedford was my replacement PaulF for the evening :drool:
Really wish the venue was closer preferably next door to my flat :whistle:

Had a few new discoveries Mmmmmmmmmmmm Anthony :drool: Apparently he is my birthday present :wink: Eh Snow White :wink: I'm looking forward to unwrapping that one!!! :rofl:

Anyway thanks to travelling buddies Jan & Raph :worthy: Ooooh that's a nice red :devil: Please stop biting my bum :rofl:

Well Done :wink: to Jon & Wes for another event that exceeded expectations :worthy:

fletch
15th-October-2006, 03:20 PM
WOW

Fantastic evening.:clap:

I arrived very early as I was supposed to meet Witty for a drink before and she was to late, so I decided to just go straight there, as I needed the loo, and despite Derby been my patch when repping for 18 years and a tom tom, I still got lost,:mad: but arrived at 7.45 to find several couples on the floor, the venue seemed to have a buz right from the off, I think everyone had come to party, and party we did.:cheers:

The floor wasn't very slippy, but it made up for it in space, I even managed to lap the floor l in 2 dances with 'fluffy Phil' sorry phil :blush:

I managed to have several wonderful dances with Magic Hands :worthy:

It was nice to see some of the blues room crowd enjoying a 'main room' evening it was fun.:yeah:

I had some lovely dances and a fab laugh with Michelle from Manchester and MickS.:rofl:

Went back to the Cricket Ground Hotel to finish off, i'm not sure me and the Witty! will be allowed back. :wink: :whistle: :na:

I have got my ticket for the 23rd:clap: and got the kids roller blades out the shed ready.:devil:

Well done John and Wes :respect:

and only 50 mins from my house

fletch
15th-October-2006, 03:27 PM
photo's

Paul F
15th-October-2006, 05:31 PM
Well I went to Rebel Yell myself (evening only).

From all the reports I heard I too was really dissapointed I didnt do the full day. It really did sound varied and challenging. Maybe next time if circumstances allow.

The night though was fantastic in my opinion.

Hmmmm. Do i do paragraphs or bullet points.

Bullet points wins!

Music
Downstairs it was usual Ceroc tracks. Nothing wrong with that though as thats exactly what was to be expected. I danced a fair number of tracks in there and really enjoyed it.
Upstairs the music was sublime. Obviously not perfect :devil: :) but seriously good but then I like WCS.

Floor
Apart from 1 or 2 places in the main room where the floor panels join it was a superb surface. Nice and fast all over.
Upstairs it was PERFECT for WCS. Slick floor without too much dust and debris.

General Venue
Awesome. Its just far more classy than pretty much all other venues - helped by the Kenneth Turner hand wash creme in the toilets!! Ooooooo ;)
Very nice venue and perfect parking in, what seems like, a secure and easily accessible car park linked to the venue by a skywalk.

People
Great mix of people and very well attended

Organisation
Excellent. I purchased my ticket online on the Thursday (nice). Arriving at the venue I found 3 very polite people behind the front counter who checked my name off the list and pointed me in the direction of another very nice person who adorned my wrist with a purple ribbon. At first I was afraid this was some form of enforced marriage ceremony but I was assured it was just to prove entry :whistle:

Cabaret
Ahem............................WOW!!!!!!!! Kyle+Sarah, Will+Kate - you guys rock.

Heat
I dont know why but i didnt really have a problem with the heat. The WCS was air-conditioned. Downstairs was hotter but I didnt really notice too much.

You could say I liked the night overall :nice: Trying to think of some improvements (well, cant have it all positive ey!)
Not sure really. The 2 main bases for me were hit - Floor and music.

Nope. All good. Great night. Thanks to all at Ceroc Surrey :cheers:

jivecat
15th-October-2006, 05:35 PM
I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy. Though the dry ice was rather amusing.

Were we at the same venue?

I had a fcuking amazing night.
Fabulous venue, well worth the 3 hours in the car, would've been 2 but someone didn't know how to programme HIS TomTom, did they Raph

Two diametrically opposite viewpoints here, both very personal and both valid.
It's nice to know Wittybird enjoyed herself but also important to know the shortcomings of the evening, especially when they are ones that could be changed or improved on another time. I don't suppose JuJu set out to have a crap evening but it happens to everyone sometimes. (even WB, remember Brierley Hill? :devil:) And even though she had a lot of negative things to say it was still a very entertaining account.

WittyBird
15th-October-2006, 05:37 PM
(even WB, remember Brierley Hill? :devil:)

No. Please Explain :confused:

jivecat
15th-October-2006, 05:50 PM
No. Please Explain :confused:

Right. It has now been established that WB has had a cr*p night on at least three occasions. Brierley Hill has been exonerated, or at least innocent until proven guilty, but three other venues not a million miles away from Birmingham have been incriminated.

Gav
15th-October-2006, 06:04 PM
I didn't think much of the floor at MonsterJive either, to be honest. After i'd hit one or two divots early on it did start to annoy me, but it is a skating rink after all!

Apart from that had a great time and some fantastic dances (well, from my point of view anyway!).

Thx snowwhite, jivecat, twitty, fletch and cruella for lovely dances. I can't believe I still managed to miss so many other forumites?!

Fletch & WB, you two are a fekkin nightmare for anyone whose usual crowd never hijack, play or take control in any way! :angry:

But don't stop, I love it :respect: and sometimes I don't even just stand there like a frightened rabbit! :rofl:

On the way home I had a revelation. Thanks to dancing with you two, I've realised why I get so bloody frustrated with myself recently. I know I can dance to the beat of the music (wouldn't be much hope for me if I couldn't:rolleyes: ), but I've started trying to dance to the music itself and that's a whole new ball game and a damn sight harder.
Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow, so dancing with nutters like you two and taz has really opened my eyes!
Thanks and please bear with me, I'll get there in the end. :hug: :kiss:

Juju
15th-October-2006, 06:12 PM
Were we at the same venue? :really:

Glad you enjoyed it - really. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. They can't expect to please all the people all of the time - and I do agree with you that Southport is the Dog's doodahs, which is partly why I was disappointed.

Minnie M
15th-October-2006, 06:22 PM
From all the reports I heard I too was really dissapointed I didnt do the full day. It really did sound varied and challenging. Maybe next time if circumstances allow.

The classes were the best ever for an all dayer :yeah: :clap: :worthy: but there again they did have top teachers :respect: Dan Baines / Kylie Jones / Ryan & Jenny & the amazing Kyle & Sarah (four completely different dance styles) - they don't come better than that :yeah: :worthy: :respect: and they were superb :clap: not forgetting Will & Kate who also gave a brilliant class :respect:

Cabaret
Ahem............................WOW!!!!!!!! Kyle+Sarah, Will+Kate - you guys rock.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: even the freestyle 'cabaret' K&S did was amazing !

Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow...........
When's you next weekender then Gav ??? Or you could move :whistle:

Lindsay
15th-October-2006, 07:46 PM
The classes were the best ever for an all dayer :yeah: :clap: :worthy: but there again they did have top teachers :respect: Dan Baines / Kylie Jones / Ryan & Jenny & the amazing Kyle & Sarah (four completely different dance styles) - they don't come better than that :yeah: :worthy: :respect: and they were superb :clap: not forgetting Will & Kate who also gave a brilliant class :respect:

Sorry I missed it... esp. the fabulous R&J. Nice to see you on Fri @ Britrock Ball!

Minnie M
15th-October-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry I missed it... esp. the fabulous R&J. Nice to see you on Fri @ Britrock Ball!

:yeah: you too Lindsay - long time no see :sad:
Friday at BritRock was fab and I got to dance with the Chocolait man too :drool:

Gav
15th-October-2006, 08:16 PM
When's you next weekender then Gav ??? Or you could move :whistle:

Not til March I'm afraid, but I'll be putting some serious miles on the car before then!

V. tempting, but not until I can get my kids back from the monster ex from hell. Oops, that slipped out, sorry :blush:

Yogi_Bear
15th-October-2006, 08:45 PM
I
Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow, so dancing with nutters like you two and taz has really opened my eyes!
Thanks and please bear with me, I'll get there in the end. :hug: :kiss:
Keep persevering, Gav, and grab as many dances as you can with the non-Norwich women you run into....it will pay off, I can assure you!

David Bailey
15th-October-2006, 09:39 PM
On the way home I had a revelation. Thanks to dancing with you two, I've realised why I get so bloody frustrated with myself recently. I know I can dance to the beat of the music (wouldn't be much hope for me if I couldn't:rolleyes: ), but I've started trying to dance to the music itself and that's a whole new ball game and a damn sight harder.
Most of the ladies around here don't play or even dance really, they just follow
"Just follow"? "Just follow"?

I suspect you meant "Don't follow well", yeah? :na:

Lynn
15th-October-2006, 10:29 PM
"Just follow"? "Just follow"?

I suspect you meant "Don't follow well", yeah? :na: I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on that one. Not really too surprised at who either. :rolleyes:

You know what Gav means. :na: (Not going to start the whole active/passive follower thing again... but Gav, I like to 'play' too.)

fletch
15th-October-2006, 10:40 PM
WOW

Just got back from bromsgrove 't' it was awesome :clap:

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when Lilly and David walked in :worthy:

I have has such a lovely afternoon :flower:

Dancing with Martin Harper, Patrick, Jivingdan and Breeny :hug:

OXO'S you played a lovely set :worthy:

Steve Braces you have arrived :respect:

David Bailey
15th-October-2006, 10:56 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on that one. Not really too surprised at who either. :rolleyes:
Moi? :innocent:

You know what Gav means. :na: (Not going to start the whole active/passive follower thing again... but Gav, I like to 'play' too.)
I do, but it's easy to fall into the "active = good" trap, so I wanted to halt that Evil Tendency in its tracks.

Plus, Gav's got no excuse for not expressing himself clearly :wink:

Lynn
15th-October-2006, 11:14 PM
I do, but it's easy to fall into the "active = good" trap, so I wanted to halt that Evil Tendency in its tracks. In fact 'active can = bad' - I think that's the path I'm on at the moment.:( I want to play and express myself but I'm aware that in the process of trying that my following is suffering. (Apologies to some recent leads. :blush: ) But hey, we're all learning!

stewart38
15th-October-2006, 11:30 PM
WOW

Fantastic evening.:clap:

I arrived very early as I was supposed to meet Witty for a drink before and she was to late, so I decided to just go straight there, as I needed the loo, and despite Derby been my patch when repping for 18 years and a tom tom, I still got lost,:mad:

yes was the post code wrong ??? TOM TOM took us a mile away. Thanks to the good old Chinese shop for sending us the right way

Excellent night excellent people. Another winner, didnt notice floor being slippery

Lots of bar staff lots of room to dance (600+ there ??)

The sweets went down well :sad:

Got my ticket for 23rd :worthy:

Music a bit 'mixed' but ---=

Lynn
15th-October-2006, 11:36 PM
Got my ticket for 23rd :worthy: 23rd Nov? I was toying with going to Ashton's that night - hoping to catch up with some forumites. Everyone going to be at this dance then?

WittyBird
15th-October-2006, 11:39 PM
23rd Nov? I was toying with going to Ashton's that night - hoping to catch up with some forumites. Everyone going to be at this dance then?

23RD December S38 is referring to.

Lynn
15th-October-2006, 11:43 PM
23RD December S38 is referring to.Ta. Not the last weekend in Nov then. :D

WittyBird
15th-October-2006, 11:46 PM
Ta. Not the last weekend in Nov then. :D

Funnily enough No :rolleyes:

fletch
16th-October-2006, 12:14 AM
Bromsgrove 't' dance

fletch
16th-October-2006, 12:21 AM
bromsgrove 't' dance

:clap:

Gav
16th-October-2006, 08:47 AM
Moi? :innocent:

I do, but it's easy to fall into the "active = good" trap, so I wanted to halt that Evil Tendency in its tracks.

Plus, Gav's got no excuse for not expressing himself clearly :wink:

You'll be correcting my grammar next and then I'll have to remove my polite head :devil:

So now we know it's my personal preference for partners to be more active as opposed to a statement that active is best. (please don't take that as an invitation to open the flood gates Fletch and WB! :eek: )

Just so there's no mis-understandings, I'm not trying to make out that following is easy or there's nothing to it etc. I've tried it myself and failed miserably! I was merely trying to express my disappointment that with quite a few experienced dancers in the Norwich area, no-one is going down the more "active" following route.

Maybe I should encourage some of them! :rofl:

fletch
16th-October-2006, 08:54 AM
(please don't take that as an invitation to open the flood gates Fletch and WB! :eek: )

You should defiantly encourage them :clap:

A girl likes to strut her stuff,:na: give them the chance, you can always drag 'em back in if there not comfortable.…:really:

Anyway I don't know what you are talking about :whistle:

:wink:

Yogi_Bear
16th-October-2006, 08:59 AM
Just so there's no mis-understandings, I'm not trying to make out that following is easy or there's nothing to it etc. I've tried it myself and failed miserably! I was merely trying to express my disappointment that with quite a few experienced dancers in the Norwich area, no-one is going down the more "active" following route.

Gav,
It isn't their fault if that is so - they probably haven't been shown or taught anything other than passive following, and they may have danced little outside the area and so had little exposure to other ideas. Many of the better dancers have in any event moved on from the local MJ scene to spend more time with other dances, such as Lindy Hop, salsa and Argentine tango.

David Bailey
16th-October-2006, 09:38 AM
So now we know it's my personal preference for partners to be more active as opposed to a statement that active is best.
You know, I'm not sure if "active / passive" are the best terms - although I suspect we're stuck with them - simply because they have inherent cultural biases. They both describe two types of behaviour, two ends of a spectrum if you will.

Maybe "pro-active / re-active" are better descriptions. Ooh, terminology debate :yum:

Having said that, I reckon it's a good idea for a follower (as part of their development) to learn and to practise interpretation or "playing", when invited to do so. And typically this playing happens when a follower starts getting a bit more experienced, so it's easy to then assume that "more experience = more active". That way leads to sabotage, hijacking and other Bad Things.

(please don't take that as an invitation to open the flood gates Fletch and WB! :eek: )
Is Fletch "active"? Must be only with the right person :tears:

It's certainly possible to encourage followers to interpret - lots of simple walkarounds will allow them to strut their stuff, for example.

David Bailey
16th-October-2006, 09:51 AM
You should defiantly encourage them :clap:
No, you should utterly crush their defiance, leaving them a broken husk after a single dance with you.

Hey, it works for me.

Gav
16th-October-2006, 09:51 AM
Maybe "pro-active / re-active" are better descriptions. Ooh, terminology debate :yum:

Don't start dragging IT management buzz-words into dancing, it's bad enough that I have to put up with it at work. :angry:

Whaaaaa? :really:
There must be 2 Fletchs then.

After being plenty active enough anyway, she says "can we just move over that way a bit... and... NOW", suddenly I find I'm dancing with WittyBird and Fletch is dancing with someone else! :eek:

That was a new experience! :worthy:

fletch
16th-October-2006, 09:53 AM

Not for a lonnnnnng time :tears:

I'm sure there are some brave men out there,:confused: how many miles does a girl have to cover :wink:

Gav
16th-October-2006, 09:53 AM
No, you should utterly crush their defiance, leaving them a broken husk after a single dance with you.

Hey, it works for me.

mmmmm, think I'll leave that style to you for now. :cool:

fletch
16th-October-2006, 09:58 AM

Hey, it works for me.

shhhhh it supposed to be me that is the scary one :D

people will realise what a softie I realy am :wink:

and you are still one of the scary'st dancers ever :eek:

Whaaaaa? :really:
There must be 2 Fletchs then.

After being plenty active enough anyway, she says "can we just move over that way a bit... and... NOW", suddenly I find I'm dancing with WittyBird and Fletch is dancing with someone else! :eek:

That was a new experience! :worthy:

There's only one Fletch :na:

The look on your face was a classic :rofl:

OXO'S
16th-October-2006, 05:45 PM
Guys girls have a fab time whoever goes to daventry sat,gutted wont behable to go under knife at hospital tomorrow:sad:

fletch
16th-October-2006, 06:08 PM
Guys girls have a fab time whoever goes to daventry sat,gutted wont behable to go under knife at hospital tomorrow:sad:

I will miss you :sad:

Good luck, I will be thinking of you :flower:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Gav
17th-October-2006, 09:11 AM

I think I might have to stop travelling around to dance. :tears:

Either that or move somewhere else. :tears:

cos everytime I go back to my regular venue after a weekender or a big freestyle, it all seems so much more cr@p than the last time! :tears:

I'm not getting arrogant, I don' think I'm too good for them, but I there's no-one there that I can learn from! :tears:

Yogi_Bear
17th-October-2006, 09:14 AM

cos everytime I go back to my regular venue after a weekender or a big freestyle, it all seems so much more cr@p than the last time! :tears:

I'm not getting arrogant, I don' think I'm too good for them, but I there's no-one there that I can learn from! :tears:

Well, I don't go along there any more, maybe that accounts for it.......:whistle:

fletch
17th-October-2006, 09:18 AM

No Gav don't stop travelling, you have to travel more, well unless you live in or around London.

Them southern sofies have got it easy :wink:

ducasi
17th-October-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm not getting arrogant, I don' think I'm too good for them, but I there's no-one there that I can learn from! :tears: Dancing less than a year, and you've learnt all there is to know from your regular teacher and your fellow local dancers? :worthy:

Gav
17th-October-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, I don't go along there any more, maybe that accounts for it.......:whistle:

Yeh that must be it :rolleyes: but seriously, Norwich isn't my local anymore, I have to go to a little backwater place in Suffolk because of other commitments!

Dancing less than a year, and you've learnt all there is to know from your regular teacher and your fellow local dancers? :worthy:

I asked for that, didn't I?
Of course I can learn more from the teachers (if they didn't go off and hide as soon as the lesson finishes :angry: ). But if they won't hang around to dance, all I can learn is new moves, and I don't especially want to learn more moves. I want to learn to dance better!
The really sad thing is that with only 9 months of dancing under my belt, I'm about the most experienced dancer there and definitely the only one that ventures out of Norfolk and Suffolk!

ducasi
17th-October-2006, 01:17 PM
The really sad thing is that with only 9 months of dancing under my belt, I'm about the most experienced dancer there and definitely the only one that ventures out of Norfolk and Suffolk!
Assuming you're not most experienced dancer in Norfolk/Suffolk, where do those with more experience go?

Gav
17th-October-2006, 01:22 PM
Assuming you're not most experienced dancer in Norfolk/Suffolk, where do those with more experience go?

Haha, now that would be really pathetic wouldn't it? :D

To the bl00dy venues that I can't go to 'cos I'm busy on those nights! :angry: hence the recent decision to travel further afield to find venues that are open when I'm free.