PDA

View Full Version : An Aberdonian Beowulf in London

Beowulf
6th-September-2006, 09:14 AM
(sorry.. but it had to be done!)

Beo's jetting south :D

I've just have my flight booking confirmation now and so I can let the cat out of the bag. :waycool:

I will be in Londinium Thursday November 2nd to Monday the 6th.

I know that weekend you have

Sat 4 November Greenwich Freestyle
Sun 5-Nov Chill Out Lounge - Ashtons 2.00-6.30pm

and Perhaps a Friday class too. And of course, I expect to see fireworks at some point over the weekend* :whistle: :waycool:

So there you go
I've only gone and done it! now I have 9 weeks of panicking and intensive refresher training to get through before then :eek: :sick:

best regards
Pete xx

* I'm sure with all the fantastic dancers there I'll be seeing fireworks all weekend !! :respect: :worthy:

WittyBird
6th-September-2006, 09:19 AM

London's shut that weekend

Beowulf
6th-September-2006, 09:20 AM
yeah? oh well.. your loss ;)

drathzel
6th-September-2006, 09:22 AM
yeah? oh well.. your loss ;)

:yeah: you can always re-route your flights to NI. I think we could be dancing that weekend to! (just waiting for confirmation)

Alice
6th-September-2006, 09:41 AM

I've just have my flight booking confirmation now and so I can let the cat out of the bag. :waycool:

and Perhaps a Friday class too. And of course, I expect to see fireworks at some point over the weekend* :whistle: :waycool:

So there you go
I've only gone and done it! now I have 9 weeks of panicking and intensive refresher training to get through before then :eek: :sick:

best regards
Pete xx

* I'm sure with all the fantastic dancers there I'll be seeing fireworks all weekend !! :respect: :worthy:
Woohoo!!! I look forward to meeting you finally!!!
:clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :flower: :flower: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap:

Twirly
6th-September-2006, 09:56 AM
So there you go

best regards
Pete xx

Ladies of Aberdeen - here is your task, should you choose to accept it… :cool:

Please put the Beowulf through his paces and make sure that his dancing is up to scratch by 2nd November so that all Londoners will gasp in awe at the dancing capabilities of those in Scotland… No letting him “sit this one out because I’m tired” for more than one track, no hiding in parts of the venue avoiding dancing, no missing classes (Gadget, Freya, I think that’s your department)…

The ladies of London will be appreciative! :D

Beowulf
6th-September-2006, 10:15 AM
Please put the Beowulf through his paces and make sure that his dancing is up to scratch

Ooh err... :eek: :sick:

why do I suddenly have this mental image of all the lady dancers of Aberdeen lining up in front of me dressed as Drill Sergeants?

or is that just another of my strange fantasies :whistle: :wink:

jammy
6th-September-2006, 06:26 PM
Ooh err... :eek: :sick:

why do I suddenly have this mental image of all the lady dancers of Aberdeen lining up in front of me dressed as Drill Sergeants?

or is that just another of my strange fantasies :whistle: :wink:

no thats what happens in london if ur scottish :grin:

2leftfeet
6th-September-2006, 08:12 PM
Stand to attention boy!!!!

Tazmanian Devil
6th-September-2006, 08:22 PM

Yayay :clap: :clap: :clap:

Woohoo!!! I look forward to meeting you finally!!!
:clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :flower: :flower: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap:
:yeah:

no thats what happens in london if ur scottish :grin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was special for you babes and you wasn't supposed to tell anyone :devil:

jammy
6th-September-2006, 08:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was special for you babes and you wasn't supposed to tell anyone :devil:[/QUOTE]

woops sorry:what:

FirstMove
7th-September-2006, 05:23 PM
I'll probably be in London that weekend. It could get messy :)

Beowulf
7th-September-2006, 06:28 PM
I'll probably be in London that weekend. It could get messy :)

messy? define MESSY :confused: :rofl:

I'm not planning a custard pie fight or anything !

(I'll leave my Busgy Malone Splurge gun at home :whistle: )

wayaay bird
7th-September-2006, 06:55 PM
Save me a dance :flower:

Beowulf
7th-September-2006, 07:34 PM
Save me a dance :flower:

I shall do.. :flower: Just don't assume that all us scots are as good at dancing as Jamie ;) I'll try my best though! :worthy:

Missy D
10th-September-2006, 10:17 PM
Save me a dance too!

Isnt there a Ceroc Midlands comp on 4th November?

Yogi_Bear
10th-September-2006, 10:43 PM
Save me a dance too!

Isnt there a Ceroc Midlands comp on 4th November?

Yes, in Stoke on Trent
www.cerocmidlands.co.uk/bmidlandschamps.htm

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 10:27 AM
6 weeks to go! :D :clap:

Beowulf
21st-September-2006, 11:10 AM
and it's 6 weeks not soon enough!! :tears:

TiggsTours
21st-September-2006, 11:14 AM

and Perhaps a Friday class too.

First Friday in the month? You'll be here for Hipsters! :clap:

Beowulf
21st-September-2006, 11:24 AM
First Friday in the month? You'll be here for Hipsters! :clap:

And Hipsters is.... ?? :confused: Sorry for my naivety and ignorance. but I think I'm going to Ashton's and am sure we're going to Greenwich

shall discuss things with my most congenial hostess.

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 11:30 AM
And Hipsters is.... ?? :confused: Sorry for my naivety and ignorance. but I think I'm going to Ashton's and am sure we're going to Greenwich

Gawd - Ashtons will be hard enough to get back from, Hipsters impossible without bankrupting ourselves! :eek:

Plan at the moment is a cab back to mine afterwards

*scrounge mode engaged* ... unless there is some kind soul who is driving back to SE London? I live in East Dulwich, so not far from Alice and Sparkles :flower:*scrounge mode disengaged*

TiggsTours
21st-September-2006, 11:35 AM

FAB! That's what Hipsters is! Fab dancers, fab venue, fab music, fab atmosphere......

What more do you want!

http://www.hipstersjive.co.uk/

(Before SF can say it, yes I'm bigging up the so called "old school" jive crowd again, but that's just because I love it, far more than Ashtons on a Friday, not because I want a brown nose.) Yawn smiley would be really useful.

Beowulf
21st-September-2006, 12:17 PM
have been reading the Oct 6-9th thread where a load of Canny Scots mention their imminent arrival in Englandshire.

Seems to be a lot of Southern Belles who have this thing about Scotsmen in kilts. Hmm..

Can I just make this point perfectly clear.. I don't own a kilt, have worn one once.. and once was enough.. and had it not been for my Sisters wedding I wouldn't have worn it then either. :wink:

Sorry to any English roses who may have been looking forward to dancing with /ogling at / pointing and laughing at me in a kilt. Sorry too to all Scots males.. have to say.. A kilt? it's a real fashion mistake IMHO. I'll be leaving my blue woad at home too. :wink:

Twirly
21st-September-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, I'm sure a sarong would have the same effect :wink: :yum:

Ghost
21st-September-2006, 03:17 PM
A kilt? it's a real fashion mistake IMHO. I'll be leaving my blue woad at home too. :wink:
Sigh....but you'll bring your claymore right?

Anyway if you don't bring your kilt, what're you going to use for a blanket at Twirly's and armour at Ceroc?
:wink:
Christopher

Beowulf
12th-October-2006, 10:56 AM
Sigh....but you'll bring your claymore right?

Anyway if you don't bring your kilt, what're you going to use for a blanket at Twirly's and armour at Ceroc?
:wink:
Christopher

I would hope Twirly would supply some bedding.. :eek: I'll bring my fleecy throw just in case ;)

And I wasn't under the impression I needed armour? Are people down there THAT deadly??

anyway not long now until I find out

http://www.skyfall.co.uk/countdown.php

The countdown to Beo-geddon !! ;) :whistle:

Twirly
12th-October-2006, 12:08 PM
I would hope Twirly would supply some bedding.. :eek: I'll bring my fleecy throw just in case ;)

And I wasn't under the impression I needed armour? Are people down there THAT deadly??

The countdown to Beo-geddon !! ;) :whistle:

I think you can leave your fleecey throw behind (more room for cakes!:drool: ) as I’m currently drowning in duvets… have about 4 spare at present (though one is in the recycling pile). I don’t think you’ll be getting cold… :D

You might need the armour when dancing – lots of shin-kicking seems to go on down here (though not by forumites of course). :rofl:

Yliander
12th-October-2006, 10:00 PM

The countdown to Beo-geddon !! ;) :whistle: Hope you have a fab time in London - sadly as I heading off travelling this weekend I won't get the chance to catch up with you - Next time for shore! :hug:

Sparkles
13th-October-2006, 10:58 AM
*scrounge mode engaged* ... unless there is some kind soul who is driving back to SE London? I live in East Dulwich, so not far from Alice and Sparkles :flower:*scrounge mode disengaged*

PM me with your plans (plus suitable bribe :whistle: ) and I'll see what I can do (but as yet I'm not promising just because I have no idea whatsoever what I'll be doing that weekend - I don't usually plan so far in advance!) :flower:

Twirly
23rd-October-2006, 02:46 PM
Just over a week to go...

Ceroc have very (un)kindly cancelled Ashtons on Friday 3rd :angry: , which has kind of scuppered my plans for the moment, so reviewing where I’ll be taking Mr Wulf. I guess either Hipsters if my lift-scrounging idea works, or the Casbah *runs and hides from Witty*

Definitely on for Saturday night at Greenwich though – and discovered today that it’s fancy dress, Halloween theme. Is anyone else going in fancy dress? Am suffering from lack of inspiration...

Will also be going to the fireworks on Blackheath (http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwich/LeisureCulture/EntertainmentEvents/FireworkDisplays.htm)beforehand... LOVE :D fireworks... (me? A pyromaniac? :devil: Never...:innocent: ) Thought I’d put this up here in case anyone else is interested.

FirstMove
23rd-October-2006, 04:15 PM
I'll be going to Greenwich, maybe I can find you and the Wulf and watch the fireworks. :)

TheTramp
23rd-October-2006, 04:18 PM
maybe I can find you and the Wulf

Shouldn't be a problem finding him. Just listen out for the sound of apologising :na: :flower:

Beowulf
23rd-October-2006, 06:05 PM
Shouldn't be a problem finding him. Just listen out for the sound of apologising :na: :flower:

OI !! I resemble that statement !!:angry:

Just over a week to go...

Ceroc have very (un)kindly cancelled Ashtons on Friday 3rd :angry:

Grumble :mad:

discovered today that it’s fancy dress, Halloween theme

:rolleyes: I guess I'll be there dressed as an Aberdonian Geek then. No Time and certainly no money to arrange an outfit now.

unless it wear my toga or my Mad Scientists outfit.. Mind you both are a bit warm to dance in. :sick:

Twirly
2nd-November-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, he's here :D

TheTramp
2nd-November-2006, 07:20 PM

What are you doing on the forum then. I'm sure that there's far more interesting things that you could be doing now he's there....

Georgious dancer
2nd-November-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll be going to Greenwich, maybe I can find you and the Wulf and watch the fireworks. :)

My plan is to be at Greenwich, but I certainly won't be at the fireworks - I'm a scardey cat when it comes to fireworks!

Twirly
3rd-November-2006, 10:24 AM
My plan is to be at Greenwich, but I certainly won't be at the fireworks - I'm a scardey cat when it comes to fireworks!

Excellent! It's ages since I've seen you. :D
:hug:

Beowulf
3rd-November-2006, 10:38 AM

I am indeed :)

What are you doing on the forum then. I'm sure that there's far more interesting things that you could be doing now he's there....

Why do you think Twirly made such a short posting ;) We've been out dancing last night, have immersed myself in the joys of the London transport system, eaten in the Shadow of St Paul's and am about to head out for the Touristy stuff soon. Met some Forumites, Missy D, Firstmove , Sir Silver of Fox.. I met some others but names escape me.. am sure Lady Twirly of twirly towers will fill in the gaps.

Will be great to meet you GD.

Gadget
3rd-November-2006, 01:48 PM
Why do you think Twirly made such a short posting ;)
I really have no idea :whistle::devil:

Have fun :cool:

Georgious dancer
3rd-November-2006, 05:13 PM
Will be great to meet you GD.

It will be lovely to meet you to! I am debating whether or not to go in fancy dress - it's not really my favourite thing! But if anyone has any suggestions of something suitably cool and easy/cheap I might be persuaded!

Georgious dancer
4th-November-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok that's it I am going to be BRAVE VERY VERY BRAVE and venture out to the firework display at Blackheath as I have been invited by several groups of friends!

I'm scared, I hope someone will hold my hand!

Rhythm King
4th-November-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm scared, I hope someone will hold my hand!

Come to Greenwich - I'll hold your hand!:hug:

TheTramp
6th-November-2006, 12:35 PM

Ever the gentleman Mr King!! :flower:

Twirly
6th-November-2006, 01:12 PM

So whose hand did you hold on Saturday then RK? :wink: GD missed it, and I failed to pin you down (sorry, bad memory and when Russell did point you out, you promptly got up and danced with someone and I couldn't find you again!).

Twirly
8th-November-2006, 08:15 PM
A few picks of the Wulf in London