PDA

View Full Version : Who's attending what weekend Sep 8, 9, 10

robd
4th-September-2006, 05:17 PM
Was waiting for someone else to start this but I'll brave the brickbats. Yes, it will have a SE focus and I'm too lazy to trawl Lyndaslist (the Jive one at any rate :whistle: ) - there's a somewhere else option on the poll for a reason.

So tempted to make this a non-public poll so we can see numbers but have to guess who's going where - might give people a short break from trying to guess GAG's identity :rolleyes:

Rebecca
4th-September-2006, 05:27 PM
I really am going on a plane to Spain :clap:

ducasi
4th-September-2006, 05:37 PM
I'll be in Musselburgh on Friday and Saturday, and if I'm that doesn't kill me, I might just make it to Stirling to the Tea Dance. :)

fletch
4th-September-2006, 05:40 PM
Gosh! a lot of miles coming up this weekend :sick: down to Ashtons on Friday, then back up to Kiddy for Saturday, back down to MH for Sunday than back to Stafford, :eek: phew! I must be mad,:really: or just mad for 'it' dancing that is.:na:

I am really looking forward to Kidderminster it promises to be a good night and its in the Midlands.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
4th-September-2006, 05:44 PM
Was waiting for someone else to start this but I'll brave the brickbats. Yes, it will have a SE focus and I'm too lazy to trawl Lyndaslist...........
you only need to ask :whistle: (I updated it on Saturday)

El Salsero Gringo
4th-September-2006, 05:52 PM
<<<brickbat>>>

Minnie M
4th-September-2006, 05:59 PM
Andy McGregor is teaching at Bedford with Nina :really:

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2006, 06:10 PM
Musselburgh for me too, Sat and Sunday. In the same hotel as Mr & Mrs UP and a whole crowd that Johnah is bringing with him, so I sense an after party party or two coming up :cheers: :wink:
I'll better make it to the Tea-dance or it might be a bit quiet :whistle:

Paul F
4th-September-2006, 06:13 PM
I have been waiting for a thread like this for SOOOOO long :clap:

Im back then so I will be going to Twyford on the Saturday and Bisley on the Sunday (at some point). :clap:

Cant wait to catch up with the scottish contingent who will be down there too :cheers: :cheers:

Cruella
4th-September-2006, 06:17 PM
Definately Twyford for me. Either Ashtons fri or sun a choice between MH and Bisley. My usual decisive self!

Paul F
4th-September-2006, 06:20 PM
My usual decisive self!

Tsk, tsk.

You want to be more assertive like me
:rofl:

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 07:08 PM
Tsk, tsk.

You want to be more assertive like me

Yes that is sooooooo true :rolleyes:

Mostlysane
4th-September-2006, 08:33 PM
Sunday, there's a Ceroc Oxford tea dance in Eynesham Hall. I think i'll have to give that a go. :)

Yliander
5th-September-2006, 12:03 AM
Friday in Glasgow for me

Saturday the scottishc comps!!

Gojive
5th-September-2006, 01:07 AM
Nantwich on Saturday for me :)

mikeyr
5th-September-2006, 12:11 PM
I am Really looking forward to being in Edinburgh on Friday & Saturday for Scottish Comp :clap: :grin:. Plus to really round off the weekend might even try and get my kids (they live in Edinburgh) to buy me lunch on Sunday:what:

Scot
5th-September-2006, 12:48 PM
might even try and get my kids (they live in Edinburgh) to buy me lunch on Sunday:what:

Let me me know how you get on with that :nice:

If there is a proven strategy I would like to know what it is

Lorna
5th-September-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi,

teaching at Brechin on Friday, then down to the champs on the Sat for me.

Lxx

Missy D
5th-September-2006, 01:18 PM
Nothing planned as yet - see how the neck holds out. So want to go out to dance but fear if I dont rest it long enough I could do more damage.

Forum is entertaining me at the moment!

Barry Shnikov
5th-September-2006, 01:23 PM
Definately Twyford for me. Either Ashtons fri or sun a choice between MH and Bisley. My usual decisive self!

Oo good. C U there then.

...wonder who the other 6 are then?

bigdjiver
5th-September-2006, 07:35 PM
Oo good. C U there then.

...wonder who the other 6 are then?
Public poll. Click on a vote to see who.

Barry Shnikov
5th-September-2006, 07:51 PM
Public poll. Click on a vote to see who.

Coo. I never knew that...

Juju
5th-September-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, I'm going to a barn dance. :D

Dazzler
5th-September-2006, 09:49 PM
You can count me in for the pre comp party friday, the comps on sat and all things permitting the tea dance in stirling on sunday :grin:

All this then on a bus back home to sunny inverness :sick:

I cant wait to attend this weekend its goin to be a real experience for me! Dont be shy if you see me come say hi...always happy to meet some fellow forumites :respect:

See ya there :clap: :cheers: :clap:

cerocmetro
6th-September-2006, 10:34 AM
I'll be at Musselburgh Friday night and Saturday and then teaching at Chigwelll on Sunday :wink:

Looking forward to seeing my Scottish friends, one of my favest places for dancer friendliness and warm cuddly feelings, or maybe i just drink more up there?

Adam

Freya
6th-September-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm Working Friday night and Saturday morning! :sad: So heading down to Mussleburgh for the Evening party! :clap:

Oh and no dancing on Sunday as I'm driving to Birmingham!

Lee
6th-September-2006, 01:09 PM
I wonder where Get a Grip will be this weekend? :whistle:

Lee

Get a grip
6th-September-2006, 01:46 PM
I wonder where Get a Grip will be this weekend? :whistle:

Lee
Hammersmith - but don't tell anyone 'cos it's a secret...

Icey
6th-September-2006, 01:56 PM
I have to admit that I'm interested to hear how Kev F does on the poledancing workshop :worthy:

Kev F
6th-September-2006, 02:27 PM
I have to admit that I'm interested to hear how Kev F does on the poledancing workshop :worthy:

And I have my own pole! :devil: :D

2leftfeet
6th-September-2006, 08:10 PM
I did not see Fort William in the list......

Magic Hans
7th-September-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmmmm

Might go down to Ashtons on Friday ..... Bike ride from Nottingham to Luton, then Thameslink return to cricklewood, then back up to Nottingham (after a strong coffee!! :D

Maybe Kidderminster on Saturday!! :confused:

fletch
7th-September-2006, 12:56 PM
Might go down to Ashtons on Friday

Maybe Kidderminster on Saturday!!

Ashsons and Kidderminster :clap: :clap:

thats my plan :hug:

Stuart M
7th-September-2006, 04:51 PM
I did not see Fort William in the list......

Nor do I see George Square in Glasgow where I will be in malt whisky heaven (http://www.whiskylive.com/scotland/glasgow-2006/) :drool: on Friday.

jivecat
7th-September-2006, 07:22 PM
Guess I'll risk a few hours at Leicester on Friday.

Milonga at Market Harboro on Saturday.

Muswell Hill on Sunday??

Cruella
7th-September-2006, 07:30 PM
Decided now, just Twyford for me. Saving myself for Southport! Must be getting old, i can't keep up the pace anymore.:sad: Pass the zimmer frame.:sick:

fletch
7th-September-2006, 07:45 PM
Decided now, just Twyford for me. Saving myself for Southport! Must be getting old, i can't keep up the pace anymore.:sad: Pass the zimmer frame.:sick:

Come on Di :what: get a grip :na: ASHTONS :clap:

:hug:

Cruella
7th-September-2006, 08:07 PM
Come on Di :what: get a grip :na: ASHTONS :clap:

:hug:

Sorry Fletch, not for me this time. Thought i'd have a weekend with minimal dancing for a change. Going to go for what the muggles call a 'night out on the town'. A strange ritual of going out to eat in a big room with lots of other muggles and then to a venue that sells alcohol for you to consume till you fall over. :rolleyes:

Caro
7th-September-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll be coming down to London this week-end with Dave, Brady, Jennifer and Cassandra - am very excited now :clap:

I think the programme is ashtons on friday, twyford on sat and bisley wcs workshop on sunday afternoon.

Hope to see many forumites over there, save me a dance :flower: !

jacksondonut
7th-September-2006, 10:07 PM
I'll be coming down to London this week-end with Dave, Brady, Jennifer and Cassandra - am very excited now :clap:

I think the programme is ashtons on friday, twyford on sat and bisley wcs workshop on sunday afternoon.

Hope to see many forumites over there, save me a dance :flower: !

Yes, brilliant... I will be there too.. be great to see you again... its been a long time since the Glasgow Party..

Will look forward to seeing you.:flower:

Jan
:cheers: :cheers:

Yogi_Bear
7th-September-2006, 11:09 PM
I see Wittybird has opted for just about everything :whistle:
Sounds like an exhausting couple of days.....

fletch
8th-September-2006, 07:54 AM
I see Wittybird has opted for just about everything :whistle:
Sounds like an exhausting couple of days.....

No just the usual,:na: party, party, party.:clap:

jockey
8th-September-2006, 01:53 PM
Andy McGregor is teaching at Bedford with Nina :really:

I"m betting Andy and Nina show up in fancy dress...Popeye and Olive Oil perhaps..?

stewart38
8th-September-2006, 03:02 PM
where is the option 'elsewhere having sex and chocolate' ?

Cruella
8th-September-2006, 03:28 PM
where is the option 'elsewhere having sex and chocolate' ?

Why not have sex and chocolate at Twyford, Ashtons ...... :rolleyes: .

stewart38
8th-September-2006, 03:33 PM

Whats the chances of that’s do I look like a Paul F or Silver Fox :sad:

Might get a cake and a soda and lime at Ashtons but that’s about it :sad:

clevedonboy
8th-September-2006, 03:50 PM
I"m betting Andy and Nina show up in fancy dress...Popeye and Olive Oil perhaps..?

Andy trying to upstage the men in yellow? No Never:devil:

I do wonder how he will cope with the number of Lindy Hoppers who are likely to turn up in that neck of the woods - after all he did remind me when I saw him last that Lindy Hopping has ruined my MJ :rofl:

we're Lindy hopping in Lydney

Cruella
8th-September-2006, 04:09 PM
Whats the chances of that’s do I look like a Paul F or Silver Fox :sad
Sorry, don't get the relevance.:whistle:

Might get a cake and a soda and lime at Ashtons but that’s about it :sad:

Self pity really isn't very endearing either Stewart!

Sparkles
8th-September-2006, 04:11 PM

Now that sounds like fun :devil:

Cruella
8th-September-2006, 04:17 PM

See you saturday then. :wink:

Alice
8th-September-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical. Just cos I said I wasn't going:tears: :tears:

(you behave yourself young missy:wink: I have ways and means of checking up on you:devil: )

Sparkles
8th-September-2006, 04:18 PM

Promises, promises :rolleyes:

Gojive
8th-September-2006, 04:22 PM

I agree...but for some of us, that's all we have left to offer :sad:

:na:

Lory
8th-September-2006, 04:26 PM

Girls Girls! :cool: If you think this cheap shot to get more men to go to Twyford is going to work :rolleyes:

I reckon you probably right :rofl:

robd
8th-September-2006, 04:28 PM

Half-right, anyway.

TheTramp
8th-September-2006, 04:30 PM
Girls Girls! :cool: If you think this cheap shot to get more men to go to Twyford is going to work :rolleyes:

Yeah. Sod the Scottish comp. I'm coming down to Twyford :whistle:

stewart38
8th-September-2006, 04:30 PM

But do I still look 38 or could past for 38 ??? in a dim light ?? :sad:

No body loves me :sad: :tears: :tears:

Enter WB with *** stop being a drama queen :sad:

s38 Im *** joking :grin:

Hope to be back for dance on 10th

Cruella
8th-September-2006, 04:32 PM
But do I still look 38 or could past for 38 ??? in a dim light ?? :sad:

What, waist?

WittyBird
8th-September-2006, 04:44 PM
What, waist?

:rofl: well it couldn't be his age could it! Not sure its his waist either - think his waist and his age are pretty similar numbers

*only joking misery guts*

stewart38
8th-September-2006, 06:03 PM
:rofl: well it couldn't be his age could it! Not sure its his waist either - think his waist and his age are pretty similar numbers

*only joking misery guts*

41 age 40 waist yep ! but lost 8lbs so now 38 waist need a new belt ! and look 38 sorted :grin:

WittyBird
8th-September-2006, 06:19 PM
41 age 40 waist yep ! but lost 8lbs so now 38 waist need a new belt ! and look 38 sorted :grin:

Yeah you look 38 and I'm a virgin :rolleyes:

David Bailey
8th-September-2006, 07:01 PM
Anyway, what's Hammersmith like nowdays? I feel an urge... :grin:

Feelingpink
8th-September-2006, 07:09 PM
Anyway, what's Hammersmith like nowdays? I feel an urge... :grin:What's Hammersmith got to do with your urge???? :devil:

David Bailey
8th-September-2006, 07:18 PM
What's Hammersmith got to do with your urge???? :devil:
Well, the urge in question was one to moan.

Take that as you will, of course. :grin:

Feelingpink
8th-September-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, the urge in question was one to moan...:what:

Northants Girly
9th-September-2006, 09:27 AM
We made a last minute decision to go to Leicester last night and had a surprisingly good night! :D

Weren't many people there but there were enough to dance with. Saw loads of folk I hadn't seen for ages including the forum's Magic Hans and I didn't have one duff dance all night :clap:

Magic Hans
9th-September-2006, 09:35 AM
... didn't quite make it to Cricklewood!!!!

Set out with all good intention [bit late at 8pm] ... got as far as Leicester, and figured that I was being a little tooooooo ambitious!!

Maybe next time eh!

Leicester weren't bad though!! Had lovely dance with Northants Girl!

Georgious dancer
9th-September-2006, 11:15 AM
No dancing planned at the moment! May go to Muswell Hill on Sunday but that will probably be it.

jivecat
9th-September-2006, 11:16 AM
We made a last minute decision to go to Leicester last night and had a surprisingly good night! :D

Leicester weren't bad though!!

Good to hear this. I take it the DJ didn't play "All I want for Christmas", then? -one of his August favourites.

Was planning to go but by 9:15 wasn't showered or changed and realised the moment had passed!

Cruella
9th-September-2006, 11:29 AM

Set out with all good intention [bit late at 8pm] ... got as far as Leicester, and figured that I was being a little tooooooo ambitious!
Well i think you may have made a good decision. There were, as usual, some great dancers at Ashtons but the music gets worse everytime i go!
I'm concerned that the venue is going downhill fast, (it gets less busy all the time) Only one thing IMO needs changing to bring it back up to being the great venue it was. The DJ!
(but this is just my opinion) Anyone else agree? I certainly heard alot of people complaining last night!

littlewiggle
9th-September-2006, 11:35 AM
Well i think you may have made a good decision. There were, as usual, some great dancers at Ashtons but the music gets worse everytime i go!
I'm concerned that the venue is going downhill fast, (it gets less busy all the time) Only one thing IMO needs changing to bring it back up to being the great venue it was. The DJ!
(but this is just my opinion) Anyone else agree? I certainly heard alot of people complaining last night!

Hiya - I never usually complain about the music and am happy to dance to most things but last night's playlist was surprising........ I expected great things from Ashtons!

Lory
9th-September-2006, 11:38 AM
Hiya - I never usually complain about the music and am happy to dance to most things but last night's playlist was surprising........ I expected great things from Ashtons!

I think the playlist included every single one of my 'most hated' tracks :tears:

fletch
9th-September-2006, 11:42 AM

Ealing is still my favourite venue in London.:clap:

I got the blame from several people for all the Motown, it wasn't me honest 2 mowtown and two disco tracks and i'm happy.....but I didn't mind there been more. :cheers:

There were a few tracks which I didn't like but I suppose everyone in the room could say that, but about different tracks.:rolleyes:

Glad you made it in the end Di. It only took me 5 hours :sad:

It was nice to meet Littlewiggle...:flower: ..did you leave before the end? I came to look for you but you were gone...I got dragged off to dance and left you with Witty I hope you didn't think I was been rude.:hug:

So littlewiggle spill the beans who was the forumtie that refused you a dance.:whistle:

Cruella
9th-September-2006, 11:47 AM
I got the blame from several people for all the Motown, it wasn't me honest 2 mowtown and two disco tracks and i'm happy.....but I didn't mind there been more. :cheers:

I think the funniest moment last night was watching Silverfox mimic you on the opposite side of the room, doing your stuff! Everyone else in the room would just have seen him handbag dancing on his own.:rofl:

littlewiggle
9th-September-2006, 11:53 AM
It was nice to meet Littlewiggle...:flower: ..did you leave before the end? I came to look for you but you were gone...I got dragged off to dance and left you with Witty I hope you didn't think I was been rude.:hug:

So littlewiggle spill the beans who was the forumtie that refused you a dance.:whistle:

Hi Fletch - nice to meet you too - that's ok I got to put a few more names to faces. Thanks for introducing me!

See 'elite dancers' thread re - refusal!

Yeah we left shortly before 1 o'clock and promptly got lost - took rather a lonnnnnnggggggg time to get home!

jivecat
9th-September-2006, 12:04 PM
There were, as usual, some great dancers at Ashtons but the music gets worse everytime i go!

Who was the DJ?

I thought the DJ at the last Chillout (Sept 3rd) was seriously poor, and emailed Ceroc London to tell them so.

Essentially, they believe that there is nothing wrong with the music because no-one ever complains. My comments were easily dismissed because they so rarely get negative feedback.

Funny really, I thought most successful businesses were very keen these days to find out what sort of things their customers like so that they can sell them some more.

Cruella
9th-September-2006, 12:06 PM
Who was the DJ?

I thought the DJ at the last Chillout (Sept 3rd) was seriously poor, and emailed Ceroc London to tell them so.

Essentially, they believe that there is nothing wrong with the music because no-one ever complains. My comments were easily dismissed because they so rarely get negative feedback.

Funny really, I thought most successful businesses were very keen these days to find out what sort of things their customers like so that they can sell them some more.

Same DJ, who is actually a forumite too. But i guess he reads these comments and ignores them. I'm intending on sending an email too. :sad:

SilverFox
9th-September-2006, 12:09 PM
Same DJ, who is actually a forumite too. But i guess he reads these comments and ignores them. I'm intending on sending an email too. :sad:Don't just send them off to head office, send them to Linda (lindyloo) as Ashtons is her baby. (as well as Aston :D )

robd
9th-September-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, I had the best night I've had at Ashtons (albeit that's less than a handful of times). Yes, there was lots of fast stuff played and I guess I now expect an inconsistent music policy when I go there but, for me, dancing is mainly about the people and last night I had lots of fun dances with lots of lovely people and that's good enough for me.

Rob

Andreas
9th-September-2006, 12:14 PM
:what:

of sheer pleasure is what DJ meant, obviously :D

----------

Sorry ladies, didn't make it to Ashtons last night, too much work. :tears: Reading through the comments regarding music, I assume I didn't miss too much, though. :eek:

Cruella
9th-September-2006, 12:17 PM
Well, I had the best night I've had at Ashtons (albeit that's less than a handful of times). Yes, there was lots of fast stuff played and I guess I now expect an inconsistent music policy when I go there but, for me, dancing is mainly about the people and last night I had lots of fun dances with lots of lovely people and that's good enough for me.

Rob

Blimey, who gave you the chill pill?

David Bailey
9th-September-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm concerned that the venue is going downhill fast, (it gets less busy all the time)
I think the Wednesday evenings have been slowly declining for a couple of years now - numbers-wise at least. Although that means there's lots of room to dance :)

As for the music, you could always post a constructive critique? :innocent:

David Bailey
9th-September-2006, 12:21 PM
of sheer pleasure is what DJ meant, obviously :D

Actually, I meant that it'd give me the chance to whinge about it.

Who knows, though - as said about Ashtons, if you have low expectations about a night, you may just enjoy yourself. I shall provide a full and frank review tomorrow :)

jivecat
9th-September-2006, 12:47 PM

Rob

I enjoy fun dances with lovely people too but the music can make or break an occasion for me. I'm getting increasingly frustrated because very few dance venues seem to reliably offer the kind of "product" music-wise that I want to buy. I'm reluctant to spend £8 and a whole load of effort and petrol money on music that I don't really enjoy - although the people remain as lovely as ever, of course!:flower:

Lory
9th-September-2006, 01:00 PM
I enjoy fun dances with lovely people too but the music can make or break an occasion for me. ~snip~ although the people remain as lovely as ever, of course!:flower:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

mrs_warwick
9th-September-2006, 01:55 PM

Set out with all good intention [bit late at 8pm] ... got as far as Leicester, and figured that I was being a little tooooooo ambitious!!

Maybe next time eh!

Leicester weren't bad though!! Had lovely dance with Northants Girl!

Good to hear this. I take it the DJ didn't play "All I want for Christmas", then? -one of his August favourites.

I made a late decision to go to Leicester, arrived around 9.30pm. It wasn't the regular Leicester DJ. I think his name is Rob. It was an OK set, I prefer faster music in general. It was quiet, at one point I counted around 20 couples on the floor, and 20 people sitting around the edges. I had lots of fun, and some good dances.

Maddy
9th-September-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm going to Swindon tonight where Paul Warden is teaching WCS. Anyone else going?

fletch
9th-September-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm going to Swindon tonight where Paul Warden is teaching WCS. Anyone else going?

Nope, but I hope he is on time :whistle:

PS I think he is FAB :worthy:

Is that to luvvvie for me Silver Fox :blush:

jacksondonut
9th-September-2006, 06:08 PM
I enjoy fun dances with lovely people too but the music can make or break an occasion for me. I'm getting increasingly frustrated because very few dance venues seem to reliably offer the kind of "product" music-wise that I want to buy. I'm reluctant to spend £8 and a whole load of effort and petrol money on music that I don't really enjoy - although the people remain as lovely as ever, of course!:flower:

Still recuperating from last night at Ashtons.. :rolleyes: have to agree with all the comments on the music played.. some disco, some just far too fast (more lindy like really) and some just... :sick: :sick: made me cringe at times and look for a handbag to dance around (not that I mind it on suitable occasions).. There were a number of beautiful songs very early on and the occasional favourite played quite late on, thankfully and I had a few lovely dances to them..... but It mustbe said that I enjoyed the social aspect more so than the dancing itself... :yeah: It is always just great to catch up with everyone... and to meet Little Wiggle too..:flower:

The exhaustion comes from getting to bed at 3am and having to get up at 8!! not fun, but luckily was able to sneak back to bed and try and catch up thank goodness:yeah:

Did have some lovely dances and quite enjoyed myself on the whole, but would have got on the dancefloor a lot more if the music had been a bit more suitable for me...:flower: (not at racehorse speed, as I am getting old..:rofl: )

Wont put me off trying though and hope that some of the comments made, will encourage the powers-that-be, to do something about it..

jivecat
9th-September-2006, 06:15 PM
Did have some lovely dances and quite enjoyed myself on the whole, but would have got on the dancefloor a lot more if the music had been a bit more suitable for me...:flower: (not at racehorse speed, as I am getting old..:rofl: )

Wont put me off trying though and hope that some of the comments made, will encourage the powers-that-be, to do something about it..

Glad you still enjoyedit! :flower: If it's still fun when the music's poor just think what it would be like if the music was good. Sadly, I think the powers-that-be will carry on just as they are unless complaints are made directly to them. There's no guarantee they read the forum, anyway.

fletch
9th-September-2006, 06:54 PM
I think the powers-that-be will carry on just as they are unless complaints are made directly to them. There's no guarantee they read the forum, anyway.

Just be careful, some powers at be don't like any tips and ideas you might have.:really:

I don't know what the power at be are like at Astons,:flower: but it has been my experience, to my detriment recently, that they could tell you that you can only go to the venue if you say good things and no negative things, or nothing at all. :mad:

mmmmm

I can't keep my mouth shut that long,:na: good bad or indifferent.:(

jivecat
9th-September-2006, 07:33 PM
Just be careful, some powers at be don't like any tips and ideas you might have.:really:

I don't know what the power at be are like at Astons,:flower: but it has been my experience, to my detriment recently, that they could tell you that you can only go to the venue if you say good things and no negative things, or nothing at all. :mad:

mmmmm

I can't keep my mouth shut that long,:na: good bad or indifferent.:(

Ooer, I'm worried now. :rolleyes:

It's hard to imagine them taking that much notice! They've probably lost my custom anyway, because I don't really want to buy what they're selling. I'm sure that they can afford to lose my £8. I did approach them directly before mentioning it on the forum - but they believe they have a good product that does not need to be changed.

If various dance professionals can accept the stick that's been dished out to them on recent threads and take it in good part I'll be amazed if Ceroc London get all shirty about a bit of moaning on the forum. If they've got every faith in their DJ how could what is said on here damage them, anyway?:innocent:

But perhaps you're itching to tell us about your detrimental experience? Do reveal all......or pm me, I'm all curious now.

clevedonboy
9th-September-2006, 07:43 PM
As a DJ I find these occurrences interesting (really) so that I can learn from them. but maybe everyone can.

Did anyone tell the DJ what they thought?
Was it just an isolated person?
Were there lots of people enjoying the music so the DJ was perhaps "pandering to the silent majority"?

It's difficult enough to DJ without having to second guess how people in the room are feeling!

Paul F
9th-September-2006, 11:47 PM

Just got back from Twyford.
Although I am the official forum lightweight I had a good reason for leaving at 11:00pm this time. Jet-lag. Im exhausted.

Great night though. Fab to chat to (and meet) the Scottish crowd. Looking forward to chatting tomorrow when Im a bit more with it. Well, as much as ever :nice:
TWK was on the ball with his music. A completely mixed bag. Must have been something there for everyone :respect:

Very fast floor but I love that :grin:

Really enjoyable night.

Mr Cool
10th-September-2006, 09:23 AM
TWK was on the ball with his music. A completely mixed bag. Must have been something there for everyone :respect:

Very fast floor but I love that :grin:

Really enjoyable night.

After driving over from Swindon Ceroc ( cancelled last minute)

I thought the music was a good mix well done TWK :clap:

Superb floor :clap:

suprisingly plenty of room :clap:

and lots of good dancers. :clap:

I had a great night :cheers:

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Twirly
10th-September-2006, 11:25 AM
Well I had a great time at Hammersmith last night :D

Not too crowded, warm but not roasting, and I liked the music (but then I will admit that I'm probably not as fussy/discerning as some on here - maybe due to having been on the Ceroc circuit for less time). Had lots of great dances, and couple of, uhm, rather interesting ones :what: :blush:

I think it was the first time I've actually gone to a freestyle feeling so confident though - no idea why, maybe the good weather?! :waycool: But I felt that it didn't matter what anyone threw at me, I'd cope with it (and that if I didn't, I was feeling good enough to laugh it off). And I didn't get any moody dancers who got annoyed when I did mess anything up either :D

And thanks to Tessa for identifying two mystery tracks for my friend and I :worthy: :clap:

Was also extremely pleased that my non-forumite friend who decided to come unexpectedly (as she's been going off Ceroc :eek: ) had a great time despite not having danced for a few weeks. :grin:

WittyBird
10th-September-2006, 12:15 PM
Pics from the meal before dancing at Twyford :D

WittyBird
10th-September-2006, 12:19 PM
And a few more :flower:

Beowulf
10th-September-2006, 12:26 PM
great pics.. but apart from Caro (and yourself I think?) I don't recognise anyone :)

WittyBird
10th-September-2006, 12:34 PM
Chicklet, Dave Hancock, Jennifer, Spikey Blond, Paul F, Keith, Brady, Caro, Moi, Molly, Ms Fab

Divissima
10th-September-2006, 04:02 PM
Chicklet, Dave Hancock, Jennifer, Spikey Blond, Paul F, Keith, Brady, Caro, Moi, Molly, Ms FabArg! Kicking myself because I didn't recognise Chicklet last night :tears: :tears:

Apologies :flower:

Not all bad news, though, as I had the presence of mind to grab a fantastic dance with Dave Hancock when the opportunity presented itself :grin:

fletch
10th-September-2006, 05:04 PM
Kidderminster

Overall what a fabulous night. :clap:

The venue was lovely, two rooms and plenty of room to dance. :clap:

DJ's

Main hall First on was pop's Debbie's farther, what a fun set, he played, ho ... what's it called something, something, from company 'b' :blush: and other similar tracks I had lots of fun dancing to them.:waycool:

Second on was Tall Dave, a good mix of styles, some good old favourites and some new tracks I hadn't dance to before, an interesting one by Queen.:respect:

It had wonderful air-conditioning :grin:
Chill room.

I can't say who was first and second Marc Forster and OXO'S seemed to swop around. :what:

Fantastic as usual. :worthy:

The chill room
had a real 'buzz' to it, it was nice to dance with so many people who I have seen standing watching at other events like Daventry and weekenders, when I asked if they were enjoying it, the overwhelming feed back was brilliant, when I asked why they didn't dance at the other events? I had comments like I feel more comfortable and less intimidated at Kidderminster 'chill room' :hug: I hope this gives them courage to dance in the blues this weekend at Southport, if I see guy's watch out or I will grab you :wink: i'm sure there were some 'great dancers' of the future amongst them. :respect:

There was no airconditioning but sufficient fans to cool the room.

There was also a professional photographer taking photo's and a large screen on the stage showing you the images, which you could buy if you wished, what a nice touch.:cool:

I had some terrific dances with MartinHarper and FirstMove :hug:

In my opinion this venue is streets ahead of the coemption in the Midlands and was on par with London.:yeah:

Gosh just think of the fuel I would save if it was on more often......when's the next. :cheers:

Debbie Attwood your a STAR. :respect:

See I can say nice things about the Midlands :devil:

Emma
10th-September-2006, 05:42 PM
a fantastic dance with Dave HancockOoh yeah, I too was 'Hanked' last night *swoon*

It was a fab night, and great to see so many friends

Pity that we had to take a diversion on every single road home, though!! Still, NZ Monkey can now say he's been allll the way around the M25 :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
10th-September-2006, 08:39 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Gutted I didn't go out last night :sad: Seems Twyford was fab :sad: Spent the evening watching films with a friend then a relatively early night :sad: Ahh well you can't be at them all :rolleyes:

Possitive side I am all better for next weekend :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
10th-September-2006, 09:01 PM
Just back from a fab day at Bisley Pavilion for the WCS workshop and teadance.... wow, I even think I picked some things up:whistle: :whistle:

I did try hard and had a few laughs.. the lessons were really enjoyable and Cat and Paul put it all together very well.. :worthy: :worthy:

My very first workshop ever... and I definately will be back for more. :yeah:

Lovely to see our Scottish friends again and I missed you Chicklet, sorry, hope to catch up with you next week at southport...:flower: :flower:

Had a fabulous day!!

Thanks to everyone concerned...
:hug: :hug: :hug:

lindyloo
10th-September-2006, 10:22 PM
Ooer, I'm worried now. :rolleyes:

It's hard to imagine them taking that much notice! They've probably lost my custom anyway, because I don't really want to buy what they're selling. I'm sure that they can afford to lose my £8. I did approach them directly before mentioning it on the forum - but they believe they have a good product that does not need to be changed.

Just to say that I run Ashton’s, and I always listen to feedback and appreciate all comments. I therefore thank everyone for their posts.

I can confirm that Wednesday nights have not had a resident DJ for a number of weeks. This is because I have listened to comments and done something about it and there are now 5 DJ's on a weekly rota. Bob therefore only does one in 5

I usually receive feedback via our web site about music, and last Friday was no exception. Once again the feedback was a mixed bag from “great set” to “I left early because…”. As some of you will know we usually have two DJ’s on a Friday, unfortunately we only had the one DJ. Bob who DJs at Franco’s Camber and Bognor events also spends a lot of time researching music, nonetheless it would appear that on balance, based on feedback, his music has been too experimental.

You can rest assured that the intention will be to continue with two DJs on Fridays and a rota of 5 DJs on Wednesdays. If I continue to receive bad feedback about Bob on Fridays then I will do something about it

Please feel free to approach me at Ashton’s or email me

Linda

OXO'S
10th-September-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi fletch, if thats a taste of your fantastic outfits from last night at kidderminster then were in for a real treat at southport
Fab night last night really enjoyed working with marc in the chill blues room.
I just hope this may be the start of blues etc in the mids after last night, its what people need to encourage them into this style.
Debbie Atwood deserves the success after finding a superb venue with two rooms.Well done Debs:respect:

Cruella
11th-September-2006, 10:28 AM
Just back from a fab day at Bisley Pavilion for the WCS workshop and teadance.... wow, I even think I picked some things up:whistle: :whistle:

So glad i made the late decision to go to Bisley. My head was bursting by the end though!! So much to take in!
Loved the Tshirt Paul Warden wore! :rofl: :whistle:

fletch
11th-September-2006, 10:43 AM

Do tell. :confused:

Chicklet
11th-September-2006, 10:45 AM
Arg! Kicking myself because I didn't recognise Chicklet last night :tears: :tears:

That's probably because unfortunately I'm at least a stone heavier than when you last saw me :rofl: :tears: (bloody bad backs) and now have funky red hair, unfortunately one doesn't really disguise the other.
(WB receives cyber wallop for posting the photo with the seven chins:rofl:
I gave you a big grin walking past you at one point on my way to the loo and you gave me one back, so full marks to Claire for being smiley to apparent strangers!

Jan, you said you knew you knew me but the penny didn't drop on the name and I was evil and didn't let on (in my defense I was actually trying to remember where I'd put the codeine at the time, honest) so you probably thought I was a wannabe HS and rightly didn't bother with me. Will make sure we do it properly next time!:flower:

Cruella
11th-September-2006, 10:49 AM
Do tell. :confused:

I'll PM you. He wouldn't let me take a photo to post on here.:sad:

robd
11th-September-2006, 11:00 AM
Having finally got around to adding my own choices post-attendance to the poll I started I can conclusively state that I had a fantastic weekend. I had the best night I have had at Ashtons but posted that elsewhere. Twyford was v quiet early on, which is strange given the midnight finish, and never really filled up to the extent that it has on my previous visits. Interesting to see a number of positive comments for Toby's music. I would have preferred more of the sort of stuff that was played in the final hour but I also remember leaving the Summer Ball and seeing Bill dealing with an irate regular who wanted more of the sort of stuff played at the start of the night on Saturday. A balance is needed and unless you have broad taste (or no taste, depending how you look at it) in music then there will be stuff played during an evening that you are less keen on. Some very good WCS dancers there and it was nice to watch them when sitting out. Also got to dance with some people who were new to me which is always welcome including the first lady I have danced with who was actively requesting dips and drops. I explained that this wasn't really my forte but put her into a ballroom drop to keep her happy only for her then to say ' do it one-handed now :what: ' - has she seen my puny biceps? :blush:

I had my first ever WCS workshop yesterday (no, not the Bisley one) and am really pleased I made the effort to get there but I'll post some thoughts on the Learning WCS thread I think. Rounded it off with the Bedford T Dance which was probably the least enjoyable part of the weekend (esp as I turned up at the wrong venue first of all :rolleyes: ) - music not really my thing but others seemed to enjoy it and tiredness and aching legs from the rest of the weekend kind of caught up with me so I left early. Not the greatest end to the weekend but it didn't spoil the overall feeling and, compared to Caro's experience last night (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9594), it pales into insignificance.

Perhaps the only downside to the weekend was not hearing 'Slow Hand' played anywhere :sad: (except the 47 or so times it got rewound in the car between venues :grin: )

It's all set for a cracking Southport :clap:

WittyBird
11th-September-2006, 11:00 AM
(WB receives cyber wallop for posting the photo with the seven chins:rofl:

Don't start on me, you know how I can't defend myself :grin:

bigdjiver
11th-September-2006, 12:46 PM
I went to the Bedford Tea dance and had a fab time, loved the music and the dancers there. It was less busy than expected, so I had room for all my more extravagant moves and some experimentation.

Almost an Angel
11th-September-2006, 01:56 PM

As supplied by your friendly little Angel xxxxx:devil:

Cruella
11th-September-2006, 04:52 PM

Well deserved Rep on it's way. :flower:

MartinHarper
11th-September-2006, 05:38 PM
Quick review of Kidderminster Pulse:

Workshops

I got to choose between some standard-ish Int/Adv ceroc by local teacher/demo Alex&Phil vs Beg Cuban Blues by some non-locals. I had planned to pick Cuban Blues, but that class was much bigger, and I felt I'd get more out of the smaller class. I understand this was Alex's first workshop, and the nerves did show a bit. Overall it was competently presented. I felt Alex could have taken more advantage of the small numbers in terms of individual feedback, dancing with the students, and so forth. That may come with confidence and experience.

I also tagged onto the review class by Cat(&Amir) of Beg. WCS, having been reassured by FirstMove that the moves covered were ones I knew from a workshop with her a couple of months back. Very professional, very clear, as I have come to expect. There was a good mixture of strictness and precision with encouragement and joviality. This worked well, and I was sad that I was not able to join her main class earlier.

Facilities

Generally the facilities were very good. The changing areas were a weak point, with insufficient space and poor lighting. Whilst catching sight of an attractive dancer in her underwear did add to the evening, I think the space available could have been used better, possibly with the addition of some temporary dividers.

Both dance floors were good. The bar was well supplied, with a pint of iced water proving popular at the 20p mark. A number of people brought their own water, and I was unaware of this causing any aggro. The lighting was also good: I never felt dazzled or blind.

Muzak

I was generally happy with the music. I ended up dancing to a reasonable number of songs that I'd not danced to before, and I never felt like I was overdosed on a particular style of music. The two dance rooms being just a couple of doors away from each other made it easy to switch as appropriate. Aside from a few "ceroc classics" that I have come to know and hate, the only time I got frustrated by the music was one song that was by far the slowest thing I'd ever danced to. I think it would have been excessively slow even for WCS, to be honest. I saw most of the DJs out dancing at one point in the evening or another.

fletch
11th-September-2006, 06:00 PM
I saw most of the DJs out dancing at one point in the evening or another.

I got to dance with all the DJ's:clap: except 'Tall Dave' he only escaped co's I didn't see him inbetween his set's :flower:

Next time :wink:

David Bailey
11th-September-2006, 07:53 PM
I shall provide a full and frank review tomorrow :)
OK, I meant "Monday", of course... :innocent:

Hammersmith, Sat 9th Sept
Hammersmith, for those who've not been, is a big (possibly the biggest?) venue, Hammersmith Town Hall to be precise.

I got there around 10 and left around 12. I felt a bit under the weather, so apologies if I looked and danced like a zombie towards the end :sad:

The standard was around average for a Ceroc venue I'd say - not as good on average as Greenwich last week, but not bad.

Good points:

It was not crowded - there was space to dance, which made a pleasant surprise.
Catching up with people I've not seen for years - they thought I'd stopped dancing :rofl:
Pizza :)
It goes on till 1am now :clap:
The floor was good, albeit a bit stickier as time went on.

Bad points:

It's always a complete nightmare to park nearby - even worse than Ealing. I've never found anywhere closer than 5 minutes walk away to date. And last Sat, someone had their car windows smashed, in the adjacent car park, so it's no safer than Ealing either. :rolleyes:
It's got a reputation for snootiness, and was definitely so a couple of years ago. Having said that, based on last night, I dunno if it's snootier than other venues (Fulham, Ealing) - maybe it's a West London thing :)
Music - the individual tracks were OK, but the tempo kept alternating fast - slow - fast - slow. I prefer a more thematic approach personally.
Some weird baboon on the stage taking photos - fortunately I avoided him :na:

Mostlysane
11th-September-2006, 08:06 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Gutted I didn't go out last night :sad: Seems Twyford was fab :sad: Spent the evening watching films with a friend then a relatively early night :sad: Ahh well you can't be at them all :rolleyes:

Possitive side I am all better for next weekend :clap: :clap:
The lengths people go to when avoiding a dance with me. Still i met Wittybird and feel sorry for Almostanangel, she gets picked on all the time. :)

Tazmanian Devil
12th-September-2006, 05:27 PM
The lengths people go to when avoiding a dance with me.

:blush: Sorry :blush:

Tessalicious
12th-September-2006, 05:39 PM
snip...lots of interesting and responsive stuff about DJs and dealing with comments...snip
LindaIt astonishes me that you guys have completely ignored this post by the one person who actually has the power to do something about the complaints and criticisms that have been made, when one of those complaints is often that you don't get any response from the venue managers! Here is one of the most influential people in charge not only acknowledging your comments, but explaining what's going on and trying to reassure you that you are being heard, and no-one has the grace to thank her?

I for one, both as a dancer and as a Ceroc DJ, am very grateful to Linda for showing that the establishment is paying attention and giving feedback to both groups, and that she has taken the time to keep the forum in general informed about the situation, which she is not by any means required to do. It reassures me that when I am dancing at London venues I will continue to be able to give feedback to managers, and that when I am DJing I will be told about any comments made.

Or maybe, you're all just complaining because you like to complain, and not because you actually want anything done about anything? Not sure whether that would surprise me or not...

Lory
12th-September-2006, 05:43 PM
am very grateful to Linda for showing that the establishment is paying attention and giving feedback

:yeah: :cheers:

Cruella
12th-September-2006, 06:49 PM
.....rant.:D .

Acknowledged by PM. :flower:

bobgadjet
12th-September-2006, 09:31 PM
I have not been on this forum for quite some time for the following reasons.........
1/ it takes up far too much of my time
2/ there seems to be far too much self appreciation
3/ there seems to be far too much unfavourable criticism in the wrong direction
4/ IMO with regard to music played at various venues by a good number of terrific DJs just trying their hardest to give THE MAJORITY of the customers what they think is CORRECT, there is very little praise given where a lot of praise is due.

So, why do I comment this time?
I was pointed in the direction of recent comments, and having read them I thought it best to give a response.

I have checked my playlist, every track, and I DID play a good number of medium fast tracks, and a number of very fast tracks. These were in response to requests from those that like that sort of music to dance to.

I selected carefully a number of Tango style tracks, as I had been asked to....BUT.... a few tracks before the end I was distracted and put the wrong track on, for which I apologise to everyone who tried to dance to it. I did cut it short. IT WAS AWEFUL ! ! !

When I was requested to calm the pace, that was already programmed, but I bought it forward a number of tracks for a while.

As far as "playing old classics, and typical Ceroc music", well, that is what I have been asked to do by the management.

In a 6 hour set there were only 2 new pieces of music that you would not have heard before, and as above, one of those was by mistake.
The range of speed was from around 160 BPM down to 95 BPM, 126 being the average.

The BPM rate was adjusted per track to gradually increase to a "fever pitch" then slow to a blues pace, throughout the evening.

I am sorry to say that another reason I have not been reading the Forum has been that a good number of those making comments seem to be complaining about music that is too fast for them. While this may be the case, they seem not to realise that a much larger number WANT the pace high, as they DONT want to either practice their WCS, or hold a partner in a "bluesey" clinch.

I used to play the Chillout Zone for the last half hour or so, but had far too many complaints from those who either did not have a partner to get close to, or didn't want slow music. For that reason I place it at 12.30 and run it till I get the feel that a LARGER number of people want the speed increased.

I usually end with a couple of slow ones followed by a final track to leave you wanting more, or get your heart racing before going home..... OR.... leave you going home singing.

If I didn't play YOUR type of music, I'm sorry, but I had about 200 to play for, not the 20-30 Forumites. Looking through the playlist I thought the range suits most mixed venues, of which Ashtons is still the best, as are the people who go there.

The playlist is 75 tracks long ... scan through it and tell me if there are more than 5 tracks you don't recognise.
The Enrico Macias Tango I feel will be another classic brought to you through Ashtons, as was Tango Flamenco which was initially slated by a good number of people, but is now asked for frequently.

I have been well slated in the past (and present) for pushing the bounderies of the Ceroc music scene, but if I didn't, how long would you have to wait for some of the dance floor classics to come up front on the play lists?

As an example, I recently asked my management to listen to "Bob Sinclair - World, hold on". The comment I got back was "I would never play it", but it is at present a dance floor filler at a large number of venues.

I have been "ordered" only to play "safe and classic" Ceroc music, and on Wednesdays that is what I do. On freestyle nights I am given the chance to play one or two NEW tracks, which is what did last Friday.

With the equipment I am liseced to use it is possible to play exactly the same set, in the same order on consecutive nights. With this facility I proved IT IS NOT THE MUSIC ALONE that makes a night, but the company or the dance partners you have.
I played the same set on following Wednesdays earlier this year because of the unusual high number of posative comments I got from the dancers. The second time the set was played, it got slated and those who commented could not believe the set was the same.

So, when you next complain about what is being played..........PLEASE consider that the whole evening is NOT put on for just the minority.

I do take ALL your comments, good or bad, to heart as I don't want to dissappoint, but please consider the majority.

It would be so much nicer if you went to a venue to enjoy what was provided for you, and if it's not quite up your street, just put up for a change.

Thansk for reading
Bob

PLAYLIST (this is the only one you will get from me)
8 Sep. 2006
------------------------------------------------
1. ENRICO MACIAS - TANGO
2. LENA HORNE - FT A FINE ROMANCE
3. LENNY DEE (ORGAN) - CHA ON GREEN DOLPHIN STREET
4. BUTTERFIELD 8 - CHA HERE COMES THE CONTORTIONIST
5. LEMON - CHA JOIN ME FOR A DRINK
6. EROS RAMASSOTTI - CHA FUEGO EN EL FUEGO
7. EDWIN STARR - STOP HER ON SIGHT
8. RICKIE LEE JONES - DANNY'S ALLSTAR JOINT
9. ACE OF BASE - ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL
10. MICHAEL BUBLE - LAZY RIVER
11. MARTINE MCCUTCHEON - ON THE RADIO
12. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - SEXYBACK FT. THE CLIPSE
13. BOB SINCLAIR FEAT S - WORLD, HOLD ON (CHILDREN OF THE SKY)
14. IN GRID - OUI
15. J LO - LETS GET LOUD
16. CHORDS - SH BOOM
17. LOUIS PRIMA - BANANA SPLIT FOR MY BABY
18. CARLENE CARTER - EVERY LITTLE THING
19. RUTH BROWN - LUCKY LIPS
20. SCISSOR SISTERS - I DON'T FEEL LIKE DANCING
21. GOTAN PROJECT - SANTA MARIA 6MIN
22. KEISHA WHITE - DONT MISTAKE ME
23. INFERNAL - FROM PARIS TO BERLIN (RADIO EDIT)
24. SHAKIRA - OJOS ASI
25. GLORIA ESTEFAN - OYE
26. MADONNA - HUNG UP 3MIN
27. UNITED NATIONS & LA - AI NO CORRIDA
28. TITO PUENTE - I LIKE IT LIKE THAT
29. CHEYANNE - SALOME
30. DANA GILLESPIE - SIXTY MINUTE MAN
31. CLARENCE FROGMAN HE - AIN'T GOT NO HOME
32. ALL 4 ONE - SHES GOT SKILLS
33. GNARLS BARKLEY - CRAZY
34. CHRIS ANDERSON - LAST NIGHT
35. ROOMFUL OF BLUES - SW BLUE BLUE WORLD 126
36. JUNIOR WALKER - HOW SWEET IT IS
37. THE ELGINS - HEAVEN MUST HAVE SENT YOU
38. WACKSIDE VS. SHAKAT - DOWN ON THE STREET 2001 BEST 3MIN
39. PACO DE LUCIA - TANGO FLAMENCO
40. ALESSI BROS - OH LORI
41. MARTHA REEVES & THE - JIMMY MACK
42. LEO SAYER - THUNDER IN MY HEART
43. SAFRI DUO - BONGO SONG
44. RICKY MARTIN - SHE BANGS (ENGLISH VERSION)
45. JS BLU2 18 - LADE WITH THE BIG CIGAR
46. OMAR & THE HOWLERS - HIT THE ROAD JACK
47. ENRICO MACIAS - TANGO
48. JOHN PAUL YOUNG - LOVE IS IN THE AIR
49. THE FOUR TOPS - LOCO IN ACAPULCO
50. PINK MARTINI - AMADO MIO
51. EROS RAMAZZOTTI - L'OMBRA DEL GIGANTE
52. MICHAEL BUBLE - SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME
53. SENTIMENTALS - SISTERHEART
54. ROYAL CROWN REVUE - STORMY WEATHER
55. THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS - DON'T CHA (NO RAP)
56. DAVID GUETTA & EGG - LOVE DONT LET ME GO RADIO EDIT
57. INDEGO SWING - MY BABY COMES ROUND AT EIGHT
58. TINA ARENA - CHAINS
59. DORIS DAY - PERHAPS PERHAPS PERHAPS
60. CARLA BRUNI - L'EXCESSIVE WCSBLU
61. MICHAEL BUBLE - THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT
62. MANHATTAN TRANSFER - TUXEDO JUNCTION
63. NO ANGELS - STILL IN LOVE WITH YOU
64. METISSE - BOOM BOOM BA
65. SHIVAREE - GOODNIGHT MOON
66. KELLEY HUNT - SW TALK TO ME 120
67. POINTER SISTERS - FIRE
68. KATIE MELUA - ON THE ROAD AGAIN
69. DARYL HALL & JOHN OATS - I CAN'T GO FOR THAT (DANCE)
70. BOB SINCLAIR - WORLD, HOLD ON (CHILDREN OF THE SKY)
71. CARLA BRUNI - LE TANGO DE L'ENNUI XXXXXTHIS WAS THE BAD ONEXX
72. TINA ARENA - SORRENTO MOON
73. PINK MARTINI - CHA UNA NOTTE A NAPOLI
74. ANTHONY NEWLEY - DO YOU MIND
75. LISA STANSFIELD - WATCH THE BIRDIE 156

STANDS BACK FOR THE FLACK

Alice
12th-September-2006, 10:10 PM
having read them I thought it best to give a response.

Wow. I wasn't at Ashtons on Friday, so I haven't been taking part in the discussion, but a huge :respect: to bobgadget for his detailed and calm response to comments made.

It is good to know that the comments we make about DJs do get heard and taken on board:flower: :flower:

WittyBird
12th-September-2006, 10:27 PM

Thank you, I just bought 2 :clap:
If anyone has any idea's for what to put please PM me will make interesting reading at SP :innocent:

MartinHarper
12th-September-2006, 10:47 PM

Does that translate as "Tango for the bored"?

Caro
12th-September-2006, 11:03 PM
Does that translate as "Tango for the bored"?

it would be more like 'Tango of boreness' or boredness whatever the noun is...

El Salsero Gringo
12th-September-2006, 11:34 PM
it would be more like 'Tango of boreness' or boredness whatever the noun is...I think the word would be boredom.

Nicely put, Bob, btw.

Cruella
13th-September-2006, 07:58 AM

Thanks for responding and putting up the playlist. I'm extremely glad to hear this track was a mistake!! We thought you'd lost your marbles when it was played :what:
Can i ask why you sped up Sorrento Moon? It's a fab track but it was spoilt by the fact that it was really difficult to dance to at that speed.
Unfortunately us punters will usually only notice the music we don't like, if i don't remember what has been played throughout an evening it means i've enjoyed it. :D
Without hearing alot of the tracks on the list i can't pinpoint the ones i don't like (i'm crap with names of artists and songs) except the Bongo Song and She Bangs :(
I understand your reasoning for putting an upbeat track as a last track but it would be interesting to see if people would prefer to go home with the feeling of serenity after the chillout set or to have been lifted by 'watch the birdie.' (I feel a poll coming on)
I'll now go and listen to some of those tracks.:D

MartinHarper
13th-September-2006, 09:17 AM
It would be interesting to see if people would prefer to go home with the feeling of serenity after the chillout set or to have been lifted by 'watch the birdie.' (I feel a poll coming on)

Poll: How fast for a last dance? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4186)

bobgadjet
13th-September-2006, 10:35 AM
Can i ask why you sped up Sorrento Moon? It's a fab track but it was spoilt by the fact that it was really difficult to dance to at that speed.
Thanks to those who took the time to read that mega post, but I felt it HAD to be said, so you have a fuller picture.

Sorrento Moon was asked for, again, but is not one of my faves, as it has a 154 bpm count, so essentially IMO it is out of place in most evenings.:really:
I hate "trying" to dance to it and cannot fathom why it's so popular to dance to, but to listen, well, it's divine:yum:

For your info i actually SLOWED it down by about 3-4%.:eek:

Dare I say I am back at Ashtons again on 22nd, but PLEASE don't stay away because of that..:whistle:, Erick is due to take the middle couple of hours.:respect:

During that time I would like to dance with as many of you as ask me, as,
1/ I need to dance,
2/ I need to loose weight, and more importantly,
3/ I need to dance with more Forumites.

See you soon

:love:

bobgadjet
13th-September-2006, 10:36 AM
Poll: How fast for a last dance? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4186)

I only read the first few replies, and they favoured a faster last dance.

HHHmmmmm ! ! !

SilverFox
13th-September-2006, 10:50 AM
I only read the first few replies, and they favoured a faster last dance.

HHHmmmmm ! ! !Not quite grasped how a poll works then, eh Bob?......:what:

bobgadjet
13th-September-2006, 10:54 AM
Not quite grasped how a poll works then, eh Bob?......:what:

I checked the quote, but the first few posts seem to contadict the overall poll result.
It would have been interesting to see how the poll progressed, but that's out of the frame I think.

Maybe it should be re-issued ?:really:

TheTramp
13th-September-2006, 11:55 AM
I checked the quote, but the first few posts seem to contadict the overall poll result.
It would have been interesting to see how the poll progressed, but that's out of the frame I think.

Maybe it should be re-issued ?:really:

Ummm. So, a few people who like fast stuff posted first.

What's that got to do with the fact that 70% of people like a slow track at the end of the night (of the people that voted)....

tiger
13th-September-2006, 03:57 PM
Since when was the forum an accurate guide on general polls ie 'how fast for a last dance etc'? The forum on a percentage basis forms a minority in most venues. The majority of dancer's veiws are not heard as they are not on the forum or not bothered.
Specific 'whos going where polls' on the other hand should be more accurate as unless people are lying ,you can expect their chioce to be true.

Tradition has it that a ceroc night ends with an upbeat tune.

No one is forced to dance the last tune, be it fast or slow (ok maybe the odd couple are).

TheTramp
13th-September-2006, 04:00 PM
Tradition has it that a ceroc night ends with an upbeat tune.

Tradition where you are maybe. I know of at least 3 ceroc nights a week that end with a slow one :whistle:

bigdjiver
13th-September-2006, 07:40 PM
...Tradition has it that a ceroc night ends with an upbeat tune...Our Bedford Ceroc nights end with a a couple of upbeat numbers. That is the end of the "Ceroc night". Then the DJ (Roy) plays a slow blues or tango track whilst he starts to pack up . Usually there are 2 to 4 couples dancing to it.

El Salsero Gringo
13th-September-2006, 11:01 PM
Can i ask why you sped up Sorrento Moon?
For your info i actually SLOWED it down by about 3-4%.:eek:I think that about sums up the value of the opinions voiced in this thread.

Perhaps people are thinking that Ashtons freestyles are promoted as national events for advanced dancers. As far as I'm aware it's a local venue, running a local freestyle, for local customers. Sure it's great that people drive for hours to get there - it says a lot about the place. But I get the feeling those same people want to turn it into something it's not ever meant to be. And if it were it would be greatly to the disadvantage of the majority of people who go there.

WittyBird
13th-September-2006, 11:37 PM
As far as I'm aware it's a local venue, running a local freestyle, for local customers.

Nothing for the likes of you here.

Ashtons on a Friday is now called..........

Royston Vasey night..............

Cruella
14th-September-2006, 08:19 AM
Sorrento Moon was asked for, again, but is not one of my faves, as it has a 154 bpm count, so essentially IMO it is out of place in most evenings.:really:
I hate "trying" to dance to it and cannot fathom why it's so popular to dance to, but to listen, well, it's divine:yum:

For your info i actually SLOWED it down by about 3-4%.:eek:

:
You're right :flower: In which case i'm assuming that when other DJ's play it they slow it down considerably more. I've danced to this many times and never had a problem before. Can any other DJs verify that they slow this track down? I'm :confused:

I think that about sums up the value of the opinions voiced in this thread.
There is value in everyones opinions, even yours! I don't profess to know anything about the technicalities of DJing, unfortunately i'm not very eloquent at stating my opinion, (it would be quite dull, if we all used big words no one understands):rolleyes:

ducasi
14th-September-2006, 09:10 AM
(it would be quite dull, if we all used big words no one understands):rolleyes:
It would be quite interminable.