PDA

View Full Version : Description Game!

ducasi
1st-September-2006, 06:47 PM
I've now been texted and PMed this game, but I thought it'd be fun to bring it out in the open...

So... PM this message to 10 people, then come back and post their replies anonymously.

Describe me in 1 word, just 1! Then send it to me and pass this onto 10 other forumites and see the strange things they think about you! Do reply, its a bit of fun!

See this thread – http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9493

For sending you might want to use the "BCC" function so your recipients can't see who else you've chosen. Folks who aren't paid-up members might have to send a few messages in 2s and 3s...

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 07:56 PM
First Reply Sexylicious :rofl: Thanks babes :hug:
Second Reply effervescent :hug:

wayaay bird
1st-September-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm Amazing :hug: :grin:

LMC
1st-September-2006, 08:27 PM
Far too scary (er, that's what I think of the game, as well as possibly being a valid description of me)

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2006, 08:35 PM
OK, I'm going to be the first person to point out that if each person PMs this to ten others, pretty soon the Forum software is going to melt down.

Please don't forward this to me (at least) any more - I hate chain emails and I don't want to be described in one word. Unless it's one of "grumpy", "old" or "curmudgeon".

Many thanks.

Beowulf
1st-September-2006, 08:55 PM
apparently I'm

Imaginative AND Geeky

erm.. yeah .. that's about right

Beowulf
1st-September-2006, 09:19 PM
and (apparently this counts as one word as it's hyphenated :rolleyes:) it would seem I'm an effusive-introvert Moi?

hmm http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2004/10/12.html it seems so (look at the 2nd example :rofl:)

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 09:35 PM
Next reply Devil You got me summed up babes :wink:

Beowulf
1st-September-2006, 09:57 PM
hmm apparently I'm doubly Geeky as I just got another one ;)

I think these people have the measure of me ;)

oh yeah.. and Heroic.. erm.. what ever you say friend.. what ever you say! :rofl:
STOP THE PRESS .. this just in...

Huggable :blush: :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 10:06 PM
Huggable :blush: :hug:

Ahhhh :hug:

Next Relpy Im Gregarious :D

Twirly
1st-September-2006, 10:07 PM
Apparently I'm Essential... :wink: :D

And fun :D

ducasi
1st-September-2006, 10:20 PM
OK, I'm going to be the first person to point out that if each person PMs this to ten others, pretty soon the Forum software is going to melt down.
Let's see... 10 PMs times a maximum 2,000 forumites times 2 for the replies.

40,000 additional PMs...

Being realistic, there's maybe no more than 200 folks who might involve themselves with this, and they won't get a 100% response. Maybe 50%.

So, that's maybe 3,000 PMs...

At a recent count, the forum had seen 243,098 PMs. I don't think it's about to melt. :rolleyes:

Please don't forward this to me (at least) any more - I hate chain emails and I don't want to be described in one word. Unless it's one of "grumpy", "old" or "curmudgeon". I thought it was DavidJames who was the grumpy one? :na:

Beowulf
1st-September-2006, 10:22 PM
Apparently I'm Essential... :wink: :D

And fun :D

I concur !! :awe: :worthy:

Twirly
1st-September-2006, 10:28 PM
Aw, thanks honey :blush:

Anyway, I haven't asked anyone else - didn't want to contribute to "Forum Warming" :what:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-September-2006, 12:39 PM
Today I wake to find that people think I am : -

loyal, Sexy, Genuine and Beautiful

:blush: That later one came with a message that brought a tear to my eye :tears:

OK so I admit I sent to a few more than 10 people as I couldn't make up my mind which 10 to choose :blush:

WittyBird
2nd-September-2006, 01:38 PM
This is really aggravating

If anyone else PM's me with this then the reply they get back for the one word that describes them will be...............

Annoying :rolleyes:

Magic Hans
2nd-September-2006, 02:37 PM

How often do you change your avatar????

[Not a feminine type trait is it???]:whistle:

{Quickly digs a 1 mile deep titanium lined nuclear bomb shelter, behind a 20 metre barbed wire wall complete with 5 years of provisions and ducks in. Did I mention it was on Pluto??]

WittyBird
2nd-September-2006, 02:49 PM
How often do you change your avatar????

[Not a feminine type trait is it???]:whistle:

{Quickly digs a 1 mile deep titanium lined nuclear bomb shelter, behind a 20 metre barbed wire wall complete with 5 years of provisions and ducks in. Did I mention it was on Pluto??]

I was bored of looking so pretty with the pink bow in my hair that I thought I would change it for the first time in ages :rolleyes:

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-September-2006, 02:57 PM
OK, I'm going to be the first person to point out that if each person PMs this to ten others, pretty soon the Forum software is going to melt down.{snip pedantic engineering-type argument involving actual numbers and totally ignoring the underlying elegance and beauty of exponential-type growth curves}I was assuming an infinite forum membership, naturally.

Now excuse me while I go muck out my spherical horses.

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-September-2006, 09:32 AM
Yayay Had another reply :clap:

raunchy Me?? :innocent:

under par
3rd-September-2006, 10:08 AM
Who would have guessed I would get TALL!!

But along with that was , imposing, genuine, adorable, gentle and honest. :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-September-2006, 11:00 AM
My next reply is............

smiley :clap: :hug:

Cruella
3rd-September-2006, 11:31 AM
My first reply, Strong. (Hope it doesn't refer to how i smell :eek: )

Second one, SHRILLARIOUS :rolleyes:

Cruella
3rd-September-2006, 11:59 AM
3rd- Happy

4th- Vivascious

Ghost
3rd-September-2006, 12:37 PM
Lovely, deep, thoughtful, considerate, calming! (with exclamation mark :cool: ), hopeful, intelligent (which helps with the following), gallant, adroit, munificent

:clap: :awe: :flower: :cheers:
Christopher

under par
3rd-September-2006, 12:42 PM

My god that was loud Cruella ..... keep the noise down please people are trying to sleep and might have a migraine!!

ducasi
3rd-September-2006, 12:45 PM
Based on replies from here, plus by text message, I am...

Lovely, computery, committed, over-analytical, fun, grinny, gentle, and quirky. :)

I also seem to be good at picking people to send this to who don't reply. :(

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-September-2006, 09:30 PM
Todays replys say I am

1, Vivacious
2, wonderful

:D

pmjd
3rd-September-2006, 09:39 PM
So far I'm noble, gentlemanly and lovable:D

My ego is already starting to inflate and is in danger of making me airborne

littlewiggle
3rd-September-2006, 09:46 PM
:tears: I can't play - cos sadly have only met very few of you :tears:

pmjd
3rd-September-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes you can play littlewiggle:clap:

Only one of my comments is from someone I've met in the real world, the other two are from people I've only met on the forum:nice:

littlewiggle
3rd-September-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes I suppose you are right - I have formed some opinions - rightly or wrongly - just as you build up a picture form a telephone call sometimes!

pmjd
3rd-September-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm also experimental:waycool:

littlewiggle
3rd-September-2006, 10:49 PM
Well it didn't work for me - so I've given up!!

Alice
3rd-September-2006, 10:50 PM
No replies yet!! :tears: :tears:

Missy D
3rd-September-2006, 11:06 PM
Butterfly

Devilish:devil:

Alice
3rd-September-2006, 11:21 PM
mischievous:whistle:

Where they got that idea I haven't a clue:innocent:

Trousers
3rd-September-2006, 11:26 PM
I had one of these texts from a friend so I replied complicated

she was shocked :confused:

Cruella
4th-September-2006, 08:52 AM
Lush
Funlovin
Popular

Nice game for the ego! :D

robd
4th-September-2006, 09:48 AM

Much rep needs to be given to the person who sent you that :rofl:

robd
4th-September-2006, 09:53 AM
over-analytical

Funlovin

Some people struggling to understand the concept of

Describe me in 1 word, just 1!

it seems.

Cruella
4th-September-2006, 10:00 AM
At least they answered. :whistle:

robd
4th-September-2006, 10:18 AM
At least they answered. :whistle:

I'm with ESG on this one.

I did answer a couple when it did the rounds via text a few weeks back but I don't like circular comms, chain letters, whatever you want to call them, however harmless they are.

BTW which meaning of 'Lush' do you think the person who described you as that had in mind :innocent:

Cruella
4th-September-2006, 10:38 AM
BTW which meaning of 'Lush' do you think the person who described you as that had in mind :innocent:

Lush - luxuriant and succulent. :rolleyes:
Or perhaps they just meant green!

azande
4th-September-2006, 10:51 AM

Please don't forward this to me (at least) any more - I hate chain emails and I don't want to be described in one word. Unless it's one of "grumpy", "old" or "curmudgeon".

Many thanks.

:yeah: please!

Oh and ESG, you are "grumpy" "old" "git", but that makes two of us :wink:

Beowulf
4th-September-2006, 11:54 AM
forwarded this on to some of my non forum friends via Email

sigh.. 2 more GEEKY's (Thats 4 to date) and a SURREAL and one form someone else who doesn't understand the 1 word rule SPACE CADET

.. so so far.. to date It would appear that people perceive me as an Effusive-Introverted geeky imaginatively geeky huggably geeky surreal geeky heroic space-cadet :rolleyes:

Shall I kill myself now .. or just wait to drown in my own geekyness ?? :wink:

Gadget
4th-September-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm sure I've read a book where that describes the lead charicter :innocent:

Stuart M
4th-September-2006, 01:10 PM
.. so so far.. to date It would appear that people perceive me as an Effusive-Introverted geeky imaginatively geeky huggably geeky surreal geeky heroic space-cadet :rolleyes:

Shall I kill myself now .. or just wait to drown in my own geekyness ?? :wink:
I'd say wait - no-one's described you as "movie-mad" yet.

:hug:

Ghost
5th-September-2006, 02:53 PM
Another Thoughtful! (though with exclamation mark this time :cool: ), GENTLE, and awareness.

I'm surrounded by lovely people :awe:

:clap:
Christopher

under par
5th-September-2006, 02:56 PM
Who would have guessed I would get TALL!!

But along with that was , imposing, genuine, adorable, gentle and honest. :flower:

Add to these "straight" :rofl: and "aimiable":innocent:

Thankyou everyone who replied gives an interesting incite into others perceptions.

Ghost
5th-September-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm with ESG on this one.

I did answer a couple when it did the rounds via text a few weeks back but I don't like circular comms, chain letters, whatever you want to call them, however harmless they are.

:yeah: I especially dislike the "do this or bad things will happen" chain letters :angry:

But in this instance, I actually do ask friends this in the Real World. Plus when I first got it I realised that a minute of my time would make a friend smile - easy choice. ;)

Be Well,
Christopher

Beowulf
5th-September-2006, 03:02 PM
ok.. I just got one I'm not so sure about.. not sure if it's me.. and not sure if it's flattering or not.

But I have been described as "TRIPPY" :confused:

now to me that implies substance abuse.. and the strongest thing I take is my paracetamol for a headache, and the strongest thing I drink is my coffee.

it also seems to imply a certain "detachment" from the people around me, and a spaced out quality. I emailed my friend back to ask her what she meant.. and her reply started.. "Well , you know the Kangaroo man from Tank Girl..?" :really: but then she attempted to make it better by adding "but in a nice way !"

True I may be prone to the occaisional conversational tangent. or sometimes I will take a hop , skip and a quantum leap to arrive at some point in a conversation that others haven't considered.. or wished to consider.. or didn;t think possible to get to with the materials to hand or without a FTL drive ! :whistle:

But Trippy? I ask you !! pah.. :D

Alice
5th-September-2006, 03:26 PM
Two more:
waltzable:awe:

and vixen:devil: :devil:

killingtime
5th-September-2006, 03:50 PM
My list, so far, is:

Muser :rolleyes:
Cuddly :hug:
Cool/Chilled or Freak :eek: :tears:
Smile-Inducer! :awe:
Wiggly :na:
Chatterbox :innocent:

Thanks people :hug:.

CJ
5th-September-2006, 04:47 PM
Devillish:devil:
Unconditional:blush:
Brave:eek:
Wild:clap:
Hairy:confused:
Enticing:wink:
Romantic:awe:
Flying-Scot:yum:
Huggable and my personal fave:

Chaos.:rofl:

robd
5th-September-2006, 07:22 PM
Devillish:devil:
Unconditional:blush:
Brave:eek:
Wild:clap:
Hairy:confused:
Enticing:wink:
Romantic:awe:
Flying-Scot:yum:
Huggable and my personal fave:

Chaos.:rofl:

Amazed no-one said 'Pierced'. :rolleyes: Yet.

robd
5th-September-2006, 07:24 PM
waltzable:awe:

To all, not just Alice
If someone replied 'Shaggable' would you be
* Amused
* Alarmed
* Amorous
or
* A N Other?

Cruella
5th-September-2006, 07:27 PM
To all, not just Alice
* Amused
* Alarmed
* Amorous
or
* A N Other?

Surely that would depend on who said it. :what:

Alice
5th-September-2006, 07:30 PM
To all, not just Alice
* Amused
* Alarmed
* Amorous
or
* A N Other?
I think I would probably be amused (though it would depend who said it:really: ) Why, did someone say it to you? :whistle: :whistle:

And I don't see what shaggable has to do with my waltzable:yum:

robd
5th-September-2006, 11:50 PM
Why, did someone say it to you? :whistle: :whistle:

No-one said it to me - I haven't sent any messages out (see earlier in the thread) which makes my contributions now a bit hypocritical but hey-ho

As for the similarity it's just my mind at work and the suffix -able on both words :grin:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-September-2006, 11:54 PM
Today I had Motherly :clap: :flower:

foxylady
6th-September-2006, 08:58 AM

Flattered ( depending upon who said it - as Cruella has already said)

(so far have only had three replies : Luscious, Impassioned, and Naughty)

robd
6th-September-2006, 01:05 PM
Flattered ( depending upon who said it - as Cruella has already said)

But why does it depend who said it in this context? Surely the fact that someone finds you sufficiently attractive to want to sleep with you is flattering, whoever they may be. You may well not have reciprocal feelings but that ought not matter because it is their evaluation of you not a mutual feeling.

I better not say which word I'd use for you Foxy :D

foxylady
6th-September-2006, 03:13 PM
But why does it depend who said it in this context? Surely the fact that someone finds you sufficiently attractive to want to sleep with you is flattering, whoever they may be. You may well not have reciprocal feelings but that ought not matter because it is their evaluation of you not a mutual feeling.

Point taken. You are quite right of course. Although there are some men out there (and women) who profess to sleep with 'anything' so perhaps one might not be so flattered then.

I better not say which word I'd use for you Foxy :D

You are quite patently not saying !!

robd
6th-September-2006, 04:29 PM
You are quite right of course.

I like it when you say that :D

You are quite patently not saying !!

I've given you enough descriptive words when we're dancing to fill half a book I think. How can I limit myself to just 1? :blush:

Ghost
7th-September-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah I was wondering about that too - how on earth do you waltz? :respect:

I got another "Lovely" :clap:

Be Well,
Christopher

Donna
13th-September-2006, 03:59 PM
Hmmm just reading this thread after coming back off hols (gosh there is just toooo much catching up to do).

Well, I think I should hold my hand up and admit that I started this one off. I recieved it as a text off a mate of mine and decided to send it to 10 (or more :D ) forumites. glad to see those who absolutely hate chain mail (including moi) finding it totally addictive. :rofl:

Ghost
13th-September-2006, 04:21 PM
Hmmm just reading this thread after coming back off hols (gosh there is just toooo much catching up to do).

Well, I think I should hold my hand up and admit that I started this one off. I recieved it as a text off a mate of mine and decided to send it to 10 (or more :D ) forumites. glad to see those who absolutely hate chain mail (including moi) finding it totally addictive. :rofl:
:flower:
"Mysterious" :wink:

ducasi
13th-September-2006, 05:01 PM
I've recently been one-word described as "insightful" and "cute". :)

Both of which I agree with. ;)

Princess Fi
13th-September-2006, 06:18 PM
I had 'bouncy' and 'wiggly'

They know me so well! :na: