PDA

View Full Version : Southport: travelling to...

CJ
31st-August-2006, 02:27 PM
Am undecided on SOOOOOOOOOOO many things.

BUT...

Anyone looking for lifts?
Anyone got room in the car?

Not just from Scotland, but basically if anyone is looking for a lift or to fill space then maybe here will team people up...

:cheers:

robd
31st-August-2006, 02:40 PM
Good idea CJ

Am travelling from Cambridge (so A14, M6 is likely route) and looking to arrive at Southport mid to late afternoon, maybe take in the forum meet on M6 en route (non speaking role to avoid betraying confidences). Leaving at kicking out time on the Monday for a leisurely return journey. Just me at present so probably room for 3 male passengers plus luggage or 1 female :whistle:

Plans are still STC - am talking with a couple of people from nearby about sharing but if that falls through, who knows?

Robert

jivecat
31st-August-2006, 02:43 PM
Leaving from Leicester, J22, about 5ish.

Returning on the Monday morning.

Room for 1 or 2.

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 04:38 PM
Great idea... much more fun if you have a few people to travel with.. :flower:
Especially if it is a long trip..:yeah:

Splitting petrol costs, etc., and cutting down the numbers of cars.. brilliant!
I have an empty roofbox if anyone would like a ride... ! (well, so far..)

:whistle:

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:47 PM
I have an empty roofbox if anyone would like a ride... ! (well, so far..)

Can we not use the back seat, just like the last time??:whistle:

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 04:52 PM
Can we not use the back seat, just like the last time??:whistle:

Oy you...!!!I would rather remove the FOUR back seats if you DONT mind.... bit like a camper van... we can be hippies... .... I like plenty of space... ok?

:rofl:

killingtime
31st-August-2006, 04:57 PM
Well Louisa and I were planning on getting a train from Edinburgh. If people did have space and were travelling that way we'd love to travel in company and not have to swap trains about 400 times to get there. We're easy though :D.

CJ
31st-August-2006, 05:03 PM
We're easy though :D.

That should while away the miles...:D :D :D

:rolleyes:

Little Monkey
31st-August-2006, 05:58 PM
Dundee to Southport, anyone? Hoping to get a lift, otherwise it's the train for me...:(

Promise to bake cake! :flower:

Armstrong
31st-August-2006, 06:41 PM

stewart38
31st-August-2006, 11:36 PM
Might travel a fair chunk on the thursday but with later and later check in times not sure its worth. I just remember the 11hr journey when M6 was having problems :sad: (should be 5hr journey)

Near J8 M1 if anyone wants a lift, going back monday

well thats the plan at present

Lynn
31st-August-2006, 11:49 PM
Anyone got room for 12 from Liverpool airport Fri afternoon? :whistle:

Yliander
31st-August-2006, 11:50 PM
Dundee to Southport, anyone? Hoping to get a lift, otherwise it's the train for me...:(

Promise to bake cake! :flower:And the cake is well worth it!!!

Sparkles
1st-September-2006, 02:35 PM

I'm sure Foxy and I can squeeze you into the Mini with us, Armstrong... but I'm not sure you'll be travelling in our direction?! :flower:

Freya
1st-September-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm Traveling up from Hampshire on the Friday just little old me if anyone needs a lift there. Will be traveling up to Scotland after tho so it's a one way lift!

Freya xXx

Armstrong
1st-September-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm sure Foxy and I can squeeze you into the Mini with us, Armstrong... but I'm not sure you'll be travelling in our direction?! :flower:

:love:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2006, 08:40 PM
:love:What's the matter - has the cat got your tongue?

Tiggerbabe
1st-September-2006, 09:05 PM
I just remember the 11hr journey when M6 was having problems :sad: (should be 5hr journey)
I think someone suggested on an alternative thread that anyone travelling to Southport via the M6 might be better to pay the £3.50 and use the toll road. :)

johnah
2nd-September-2006, 04:27 PM
Might travel a fair chunk on the thursday but with later and later check in times not sure its worth.

Southport's check-in time has always been the same - from 4pm on the Friday.

CJ
4th-September-2006, 03:58 PM

As far as I'm aware, he'll be travelling from Edin. area, but he is looking for a lift.

What's the matter - has the cat got your tongue?

Have been to a birthday bash of his, and out with him a couple of times: he strikes me as kinda quiet.:nice:

Minnie M
4th-September-2006, 07:13 PM
Wish we had this thread last time :sad:

In June I travelled up on my own and it was a little lonely and boring .......... this time it started with just Sue and myself (Sue McGregor) now we have Phil and Rob in the car ........ (4 of us :really: can't use my micra now :sad: )
we have to go in Phil's mondeo

It might be cheaper but I am so used to filling the car with all the "just-in-case" bits and pieces I am now wondering what I can leave out as I fill the boot all by myself :eek:

stewart38
4th-September-2006, 07:18 PM
Wish we had this thread last time :sad:

In June I travelled up on my own and it was a little lonely and boring .......... this time it started with just Sue and myself (Sue McGregor) now we have Phil and Rob in the car ........ (4 of us :really: can't use my micra now :sad: )
we have to go in Phil's mondeo

It might be cheaper but I am so used to filling the car with all the "just-in-case" bits and pieces I am now wondering what I can leave out as I fill the boot all by myself :eek:

I got me and my dog so far :sad:

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 07:19 PM
I got me and my dog so far :sad:

Which b1tch you taking this time?

stewart38
4th-September-2006, 07:23 PM
Which b1tch you taking this time?

Anyones that are on heat :grin: