PDA

View Full Version : Are West Coast Swing advocates the most annoying people in dance?

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:20 PM
Are West Coast Swing advocates the most annoying people in dance?

Being relatively new to 'modern' partner dance and the whole forum concept I thought it important to give an overview of how new members perceive the scene (I thought this would also be the best way of making lots of new friends...)

My background is in Ballroom and Latin, so believe me I know about pompous, self serving, egotistical twats. However, given the level of talent that is required to compete at a high level and the level of commitment required from beginners, it's not difficult to understand why ballroom dancers consider themselves to be above the rest of us. It is, after all 'proper dancing'...

Being then introduced into the UK modern dance scene I can't believe the level of pomposity displayed by people of so little talent. You have the whole swing/lindy thing V's Ceroc and modern jive where the swingers consider themselves to be the cats flaps and who seem hell bent on railing against Ceroc and what it stands for - and then on the other hand you have the Cerocers themselves who mostly just seem to want to dance and are amazed that they can do it (well almost... what is that walking 'limp' thing they do all about and the kangaroo arms??)

It's all very odd... I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's of the history, but isn't Ceroc the main reason why most people got into dance in the first place? Nigel, Victor etc. etc? My understanding is that Ceroc started the trend for modern partner dancing, trained loads of teachers up who then promptly stuck two fingers up at the whole shebang and went to do their own thing. Now, that's fine, such is human nature - but don't then whinge about it and don't forget that you wouldn't have a livelihood if James Croney didn't have the guts and the foresight to set it all up in the first place - Get A Grip....

As for West Coast Swing, well....

I started very briefly, about a year ago and have just started back in the last few weeks - and I have never come across such a bunch of snooty wannabes. Yes, it is a beautiful dance style and it is expressive and complex, but there is no real format to the teaching - the teachers themselves are great dancers but there is more to it than that. I'll give you an example... Lets name and shame Paul Warden, shall we? (Cat's actually pretty good) Paul has this air of being above everyone, but where as there is no doubt he is a great dancer, he is also a shockingly bad teacher (unless he's explaining the woman's part for some reason...) He seems to forget that beginners find it difficult and races on at breakneck speed with the clarity of an over processed pea soup. Not only that, he has to be the most unprofessional teacher on the circuit, always turning up late for classes and always unprepared - is that really acceptable behaviour?

So that's not a good start - and then you have the dancers themselves. From what I can see a lot of them are people who simply can't dance very well and have latched onto WCS as some kind of saviour. So here's a news flash... if you were an average Ceroc dancer you are going to be a below average WCSger. The fact that you can copy the foot patterns DOESN'T mean that you can dance! I've seen some shocking male dancers who think they are great but who are cringingly embarrassing to watch (ladies you actually come out of it with grace and elegance...)

Now all of this is fine, because everyone has to learn - but GET A GRIP, just lose the attitude please. You are no better than anyone else and I would much rather watch an average Ceroc dancer than some twat poncing around thinking that he's God's gift. Just remember, the fact that you wear high heels doesn't give you the right to look down on everyone else.

So there...

Gus
31st-August-2006, 01:25 PM
Hmmmmm .... popcorn anyone? This should be a good show. Looks like Get a Grip is after Fletch's title of "Arriving with the Biggest Bang on the Forum". :D

Lou
31st-August-2006, 01:26 PM
(I thought this would also be the best way of making lots of new friends...)

:worthy:

Best. First. Post. Ever.

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 01:28 PM
Hiya..

just a quick response really... you do have a right to your opinion, but as a Ceroc person of many years, just discovering WCS and a veritable rank beginner..all I have experienced, is a lovely warm bunch of people who try hard to help you. Really try... if anything, because it is that much harder to pick up... I get a lot of pleasure out of trying... and I believe that they genuinely want to teach.. especially the people you have named... they go out of their way to 'help' people like me and I havent come across any of the attituded you mention.. thats why I keep going back.. despite the distance I have to travel..

Be fair, maybe it's just your perception... give it a fair go and meet some of these people.. be open minded and you will find that in whatever dance scene you are involved in, there will be an element of 'pomposity' etc.,

good luck
:wink:

Feelingpink
31st-August-2006, 01:30 PM
So perhaps you could share why you are learning WCS if you seem to hold the teachers and your fellow dancers in such low esteem? It doesn't sound as if it is much fun for you.

Gus
31st-August-2006, 01:30 PM
Best. First. Post. Ever.Hmmmmm ... just wait till he turns his wrath on those REALLY arrogant LeRocers (CeRoc wannabees) who keep on bleating on about what foot to step back on ...... :wink:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:34 PM
Ms Donut...

For someone like yourself it's no problem because you see the good in everyone - but Im a twisted cynic and I'm more difficult to please...:wink:

Lou
31st-August-2006, 01:35 PM
Hmmmmm ... just wait till he turns his wrath on those REALLY arrogant LeRocers (CeRoc wannabees) who keep on bleating on about what foot to step back on ...... :wink:

Yeah, but anyone who says

.....James Croney...
will always make me chuckle.

(BTW... are you sure he's a he? ;) )

Feelingpink
31st-August-2006, 01:36 PM
Ms Donut...

For someone like yourself it's no problem because you see the good in everyone - but Im a twisted cynic and I'm more difficult to please...:wink:You don't say... :whistle:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:37 PM
It was a bad experience first time around but I believe in giving everyone and everything a second chance... except homosexuality, don't want to do that again...

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:41 PM
They don't have feet, they have hooves....

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 01:44 PM
Err... yes? No? Maybe? Sometimes? Oh, the pressure of making decisions...

(I thought this would also be the best way of making lots of new friends...)
:respect:

However, given the level of talent that is required to compete at a high level and the level of commitment required from beginners, it's not difficult to understand why ballroom dancers consider themselves to be above the rest of us. It is, after all 'proper dancing'...
Nope - Ballroom dancing is what you do if you can't handle Argentinian Tango yet. :na:

isn't Ceroc the main reason why most people got into dance in the first place?
My understanding is that Ceroc started the trend for modern partner dancing, trained loads of teachers up who then promptly stuck two fingers up at the whole shebang and went to do their own thing.
I suspect your understanding is, probably, not correct - or at least a massive simplification.

But MJ in general, and Ceroc in particular, can definitely make a claim to keeping the flame of partner dancing flickering throughout the Dark Years of the 1980s for a large part of the UK population, yes.

don't forget that you wouldn't have a livelihood if James Croney didn't have the guts and the foresight to set it all up in the first place
Yep. Good old Croney. :whistle:

(I'm opening a book on whether GAG will last longer than Tangomoon, place your bets please...)

Get a grip
Sorry, just getting the hang of this... that should have read 'LeRocers don't have feet' they have hooves, because clearly lots of things have hooves and to drop that in there in abstract could be confusing..

robd
I'll give you an example... Lets name and shame Paul Warden, shall we?

So what did Paul say when you pointed out all the problems you saw in his teaching style to him? You did point them out to him, didn't you? You haven't just made a point of naming and shaming someone who's not on the forum to defend themself whilst posting anonymously have you?

Good read though.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 01:49 PM
Very entertaining so far. Although the use of the word snooty does ring some bells!:rolleyes:
I started very briefly, about a year ago and have just started back in the last few weeks - and I have never come across such a bunch of snooty wannabes.

Feelingpink
31st-August-2006, 01:49 PM
It was a bad experience first time around but I believe in giving everyone and everything a second chance... except homosexuality, don't want to do that again...So what did you think of morris dancing?

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 01:51 PM
except homosexuality, don't want to do that again...

How about for your next post you stick in a racist comment or 2 and I think you've pretty much covered everything :rofl:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:53 PM
So what did Paul say when you pointed out all the problems you saw in his teaching style to him? You did point them out to him, didn't you? You haven't just made a point of naming and shaming someone who's not on the forum to defend themself whilst posting anonymously have you?

Good read though.
Of course I have - that's what everyone does on the forum isn't it??? No one really addresses the issues face to face, it's all about subterfuge and entanglement..

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:54 PM
So what did you think of morris dancing?
I've already said, I don't want to try homosexuality again..

Lou
31st-August-2006, 01:55 PM
'LeRocers don't have feet' they have hooves, because ..
... we're clearly the spawn of Satan. :devil:

(Except Mr & Mrs Wiggle-Clevedonboy, of course).

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 01:57 PM
How about for your next post you stick in a racist comment or 2 and I think you've pretty much covered everything :rofl:
I was just about to write 'Wittybird... you are REAL pretty girl' and then I thought that might actually be your picture - in which case I thought it best to apologize in advance.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:01 PM
Very entertaining so far. Although the use of the word snooty does ring some bells!:rolleyes:
You don't think I just launched into this cold do you?? I've been monitoring the forum for some time now and I believe that what I have written is what alot of your are thinking...

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 02:01 PM
I was just about to write 'Wittybird... you are REAL pretty girl' and then I thought that might actually be your picture - in which case I thought it best to apologize in advance.

Thank you :awe: I especially like my pink ribbon it took me ages to find it in the skip

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 02:03 PM
I've been monitoring the forum for some time now

I've no doubt you have, maybe even for a couple of years.

Geordieed
31st-August-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello Get a grip,

would you say it was a good day for you or a bad day. If you were bold enough to name and shame then could you be bold enough give your real name if you feel you can stand up for your own point of view.

Why are you so angry you feel the need to share it with everyone else. Just remember the kind people who will listen to you are also the people who deserve not to be judged without getting to know first.

If it is a case of just getting noticed then that's a shame. You do seem to have put in some homework quickly. Hmmmm! It does beg the question if you wanted to enjoy the dance scene that you are interested in and stay around for a while aren't there better ways of introducing yourself. Try offering an open hand and not a fist.

Also why knock people for enjoying themselves. So what if you don't like it. It's not your choice how people want to be.

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 02:06 PM
I've been monitoring the forum for some time now and I believe that what I have written is what alot of your are thinking...
See, everyone - I told you someone reads this stuff! Now all we need is another reader and we've doubled our audience figures :clap:

Hmmm, I think I (or Minnie?) coined "snooty" last month, in relation to a specific room with a high percentage of Westies at a specific venue (MJC).

Seriously? I reckon all dances, everywhere, are snooty, with some good and some bad teachers. I've seen bad salsa and Tango teachers, with egos the size of the planet - I doubt that many WCS teachers could compete with them for attitude.

spikey blond
31st-August-2006, 02:06 PM

Being relatively new to 'modern' partner dance and the whole forum concept I thought it important to give an overview of how new members perceive the scene (I thought this would also be the best way of making lots of new friends...)

My background is in Ballroom and Latin, so believe me I know about pompous, self serving, egotistical twats. However, given the level of talent that is required to compete at a high level and the level of commitment required from beginners, it's not difficult to understand why ballroom dancers consider themselves to be above the rest of us. It is, after all 'proper dancing'...

Being then introduced into the UK modern dance scene I can't believe the level of pomposity displayed by people of so little talent. You have the whole swing/lindy thing V's Ceroc and modern jive where the swingers consider themselves to be the cats flaps and who seem hell bent on railing against Ceroc and what it stands for - and then on the other hand you have the Cerocers themselves who mostly just seem to want to dance and are amazed that they can do it (well almost... what is that walking 'limp' thing they do all about and the kangaroo arms??)

It's all very odd... I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's of the history, but isn't Ceroc the main reason why most people got into dance in the first place? Nigel, Victor etc. etc? My understanding is that Ceroc started the trend for modern partner dancing, trained loads of teachers up who then promptly stuck two fingers up at the whole shebang and went to do their own thing. Now, that's fine, such is human nature - but don't then whinge about it and don't forget that you wouldn't have a livelihood if James Croney didn't have the guts and the foresight to set it all up in the first place - Get A Grip....

I started very briefly, about a year ago and have just started back in the last few weeks - and I have never come across such a bunch of snooty wannabes. Yes, it is a beautiful dance style and it is expressive and complex, but there is no real format to the teaching - the teachers themselves are great dancers but there is more to it than that. I'll give you an example... Lets name and shame Paul Warden, shall we? (Cat's actually pretty good) Paul has this air of being above everyone, but where as there is no doubt he is a great dancer, he is also a shockingly bad teacher (unless he's explaining the woman's part for some reason...) He seems to forget that beginners find it difficult and races on at breakneck speed with the clarity of an over processed pea soup. Not only that, he has to be the most unprofessional teacher on the circuit, always turning up late for classes and always unprepared - is that really acceptable behaviour?

So that's not a good start - and then you have the dancers themselves. From what I can see a lot of them are people who simply can't dance very well and have latched onto WCS as some kind of saviour. So here's a news flash... if you were an average Ceroc dancer you are going to be a below average WCSger. The fact that you can copy the foot patterns DOESN'T mean that you can dance! I've seen some shocking male dancers who think they are great but who are cringingly embarrassing to watch (ladies you actually come out of it with grace and elegance...)

Now all of this is fine, because everyone has to learn - but GET A GRIP, just lose the attitude please. You are no better than anyone else and I would much rather watch an average Ceroc dancer than some twat poncing around thinking that he's God's gift. Just remember, the fact that you wear high heels doesn't give you the right to look down on everyone else.

So there...

Now there is a post and a half!! Sounds to me like you are a tad bitter??

I was very surprised to read this post for someone who, by his or her (and I suspect 'his') own admission has had very little experience of the modern partner dance scene. I am sure that amongst the dancers of any dance genre there are those who consider themselves 'above' the rest and display pomposity (for which competitive ballroom dancers are well reknowned) but to generalise in this outrageous manner about people that you clearly barely know is inexcusable.

If you consider the talent amongst modern dancers to be so low I suggest that you do not waste your time any longer and return to the world of ballroom, whence you come.

I also don't think you have a right on this forum to be blatantly rude about the teaching abilities of any teacher - if you have comments/criticisms to make re his teaching quality these should be directed to Paul himself - who by the way is an extremely talented yet modest man and by no means considers himself 'above' the rest.

I have danced MJ for about 7 years and have been on the WCS scene for about 2 years off and on and I have yet to meet a 'snooty wannabe' - the group of people who make up the WCS scene is small in numbers but is an incredibly friendly supportive group of folk who share one common interest and that is striving to improve their WCS dance skills under the instruction of great and talented teachers. Some find the skills involved more challenging than others and in its initial stages is far more difficult for the leaders (generally men) to grasp. If you find some of their attempts to be 'cringingly embarrassing' then I suggest you go elsewhere to dance and avoid having to watch them.

I fear the 'attitude' that you speak of is one that YOU need to lose.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:07 PM
Thank you :awe: I especially like my pink ribbon it took me ages to find it in the skip
Yes, nice touch - surely a woman of taste and refinement.

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 02:09 PM
I have danced MJ for about 7 years and have been on the WCS scene for about 2 years off and on and I have yet to meet a 'snooty wannabe'
Well, you were snooty to me :tears: :na:

Hmm, is a "snooty wannabe" someone who's a wannabe and is snooty? Or someone who wants to be snooty but hasn't got there yet?

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, nice touch - surely a woman of taste and refinement.

Abso bl00dy lutely next time you see me please feel free to walk up and say 'well you really are a pig with lipstick'

That doesn't mean everyone can walk up and say it though before you all start :rolleyes:

spikey blond
31st-August-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, you were snooty to me :tears: :na:

Hmm, is a "snooty wannabe" someone who's a wannabe and is snooty? Or someone who wants to be snooty but hasn't got there yet?

I find it hard to believe I was 'snooty' to you as I didn't have a clue who you were nor had I laid eyes on you until last week at Ashtons. Perhaps you should have come and introduced yourself to me earlier.:flower:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello Get a grip,

would you say it was a good day for you or a bad day. If you were bold enough to name and shame then could you be bold enough give your real name if you feel you can stand up for your own point of view.

Why are you so angry you feel the need to share it with everyone else. Just remember the kind people who will listen to you are also the people who deserve not to be judged without getting to know first.

If it is a case of just getting noticed then that's a shame. You do seem to have put in some homework quickly. Hmmmm! It does beg the question if you wanted to enjoy the dance scene that you are interested in and stay around for a while aren't there better ways of introducing yourself. Try offering an open hand and not a fist.

Also why knock people for enjoying themselves. So what if you don't like it. It's not your choice how people want to be.
Thanks for the psychology lesson... surely you know that the only way to air your TRUE feelings is to do it anonymously? Why do you think they have secret ballots? Let's face it very few of you use your real names... Most people are just too concerned to tell it how it is in case they step on other people's toes (you ARE a sensitive bunch aren't you?)

By the way it's not anger it just mischief and on that point, I would be very interested in your viewpoint on my post or does it hurt sitting on that fence?

Lory
31st-August-2006, 02:16 PM

~snip~

I have never come across such a bunch of snooty wannabes.

That's us! :D

Lets name and shame Paul Warden, shall we?

~snip~

He seems to forget that beginners find it difficult and races on at breakneck speed

~snip~

It was a bad experience first time around but I believe in giving everyone and everything a second chance... except homosexuality, don't want to do that again...

Aww baby, did it hurt?:hug:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 02:19 PM
(I'm opening a book on whether GAG will last longer than Tangomoon, place your bets please...)

Instead of a book on how long he lasts how about one on which forumite we think he/she really is :D

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:20 PM
I find it hard to believe I was 'snooty' to you as I didn't have a clue who you were nor had I laid eyes on you until last week at Ashtons. Perhaps you should have come and introduced yourself to me earlier.:flower:
Nice post - but you don't really believe any of that do you... I'm guessing that you are part of the 'in crowd' which is why you cannot see the attitude.

As for Paul... perlease... do you think he might relate to women differently to men?? Do you think that might make a difference in how he is perceived, or how he reacts??

Chef
31st-August-2006, 02:21 PM

Wow. It does seem like you did have a bad first experience. Very different to mine though. I found that the people that were in the beginners class were quite experienced WCS dancers and I asked some of them why they were there when they didn't seem to need it. They all answered that they always felt that staying solid in their dance foundations was a good idea and that being more experienced put them in a better position to help people new to the dance (like me) off of the very steep first part of the learning curve.

I still remember their patience and persistance as all of the subtle elements that make the dance right eluded my efforts to make them all come together at the same time. Now I try to repay their patience with me by trying my best to help other people that are new to the dance in the same way.

Even now, after a year of trying to learn this dance I find that after two hours of lessons I have a raging headache from the sheer concentration of trying to get every aspect of the dance right. I find that I cannot let my concetration slip for even a second or something somewhere will stop the flow. WCS is not what anyone could call a fault tolerant dance.

It MIGHT just be that WCS advocates/dancers are not trying to be annoying or unfriendly just that they are having to concentrate bloody hard.

My own expereince of learning WCS was by being fortunate enough to be in a course that started with everyone at the same stage, had two hours of lessons a week and went on for 6 months. At no time during that course, or since have I ever lost the feeling of having to concentrate like mad.

I will agree with you on one point about Paul Warden. I have been to fair number of his workshops and he has occasionally turned up late, or even not at all for the first lesson and that annoyed me as I had travelled for a couple of hours to get there and everyone in the room was paying for his time which he hadn't given them. On the worst occasion it was true that his birthday was the previous night and he had overdone the celebrations so I found his missing of the first lesson understandable but unprofessional. As for the rest of your critism of him I can only say that it doesn't match my experience of him. For sure he is a very good dancer, and knows it, and I don't find him wonderfully approachable but if you ask him a question I have always had a full answer from him and his teaching explains everything that you need to know in detail. Sometimes the problem is that some students just cannot take in all of the detail at the first instance. Paul does, in common with all the other good teachers that I know, layer their information so that the first thing that is said is the most important and later stuff are refinements that you may only latch onto as you encouter it again in susequent lessons.

I have done Ceroc, MJ, Lindy, Ballroom and Latin, and latterly WCS and Argentine tango. In each of these dances I have found that there are some that are there for a bit of a laugh and some that are really really intense about it. I know that WCS and AT are just too difficult to grasp if you are just having "a bit of a laugh" so you tend to find a high concetration of pretty intesely interested people in those classes. Consequently the experienced dancers react very well to people who are really keen and are quite dismissive of the people whose approach is quite frivolous (while not implying that you are either one or the other).

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:22 PM
I rest my case....

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 02:24 PM
Instead of a book on how long he lasts how about one on which forumite we think he/she really is :D

:yeah: Not sure we want to find out and spoil the fun though.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:25 PM
Wow. It does seem like you did have a bad first experience. Very different to mine though. I found that the people that were in the beginners class were quite experienced WCS dancers and I asked some of them why they were there when they didn't seem to need it. They all answered that they always felt that staying solid in their dance foundations was a good idea and that being more experienced put them in a better position to help people new to the dance (like me) off of the very steep first part of the learning curve.

I still remember their patience and persistance as all of the subtle elements that make the dance right eluded my efforts to make them all come together at the same time. Now I try to repay their patience with me by trying my best to help other people that are new to the dance in the same way.

Even now, after a year of trying to learn this dance I find that after two hours of lessons I have a raging headache from the sheer concentration of trying to get every aspect of the dance right. I find that I cannot let my concetration slip for even a second or something somewhere will stop the flow. WCS is not what anyone could call a fault tolerant dance.

It MIGHT just be that WCS advocates/dancers are not trying to be annoying or unfriendly just that they are having to concentrate bloody hard.

My own expereince of learning WCS was by being fortunate enough to be in a course that started with everyone at the same stage, had two hours of lessons a week and went on for 6 months. At no time during that course, or since have I ever lost the feeling of having to concentrate like mad.

I will agree with you on one point about Paul Warden. I have been to fair number of his workshops and he has occasionally turned up late, or even not at all for the first lesson and that annoyed me as I had travelled for a couple of hours to get there and everyone in the room was paying for his time which he hadn't given them. On the worst occasion it was true that his birthday was the previous night and he had overdone the celebrations so I found his missing of the first lesson understandable but unprofessional. As for the rest of your critism of him I can only say that it doesn't match my experience of him. For sure he is a very good dancer, and knows it, and I don't find him wonderfully approachable but if you ask him a question I have always had a full answer from him and his teaching explains everything that you need to know in detail. Sometimes the problem is that some students just cannot take in all of the detail at the first instance. Paul does, in common with all the other good teachers that I know, layer their information so that the first thing that is said is the most important and later stuff are refinements that you may only latch onto as you encouter it again in susequent lessons.

I have done Ceroc, MJ, Lindy, Ballroom and Latin, and latterly WCS and Argentine tango. In each of these dances I have found that there are some that are there for a bit of a laugh and some that are really really intense about it. I know that WCS and AT are just too difficult to grasp if you are just having "a bit of a laugh" so you tend to find a high concetration of pretty intesely interested people in those classes. Consequently the experienced dancers react very well to people who are really keen and are quite dismissive of the people whose approach is quite frivolous (while not implying that you are either one or the other).
Now that's a response - everyone else take note. This guy should be called the 'Chief' not the chef (you are a guy aren't you?? because that response almost made me cry...)

robd
31st-August-2006, 02:25 PM
:yeah: Not sure we want to find out and spoil the fun though.

Name and Shame, it's in keeping with the spirit of the thread.

Robert Day

clevedonboy
31st-August-2006, 02:27 PM
Nope - Ballroom dancing is what you do if you can't handle Argentinian Tango yet. :na:

And AT is what you do if you can't handle Lindy :na: :na: :na:

... we're clearly the spawn of Satan. :devil:

(Except Mr & Mrs Wiggle-Clevedonboy, of course).

Hey we're happy to be tarred and feathered with the same brush as the rest of the Bristol boys and girls.

As for the original concept of this thread - there are "stuck up" dancers in all forms of dance (yes even Lindy), there are teachers who make mistakes, turn up late seem a bit disorganised etc etc etc. The bigger point is though, does this take anything away from the dance itself. Well frankly no it doesn't

Where's that "don't feed the troll" image gone? ahh here's one

http://www.mninter.net/~richard/Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 02:31 PM
Name and Shame, it's in keeping with the spirit of the thread.

Robert Day
It's not who i thought it was, as i rung them to see what they were up to and apparently they were 'up a ladder'.( I'm presuming a wooden one and not one in someones stockings)
But i'm sure they must be related in some way, quick witted, out to cause offense and upset, they must be siblings at least.:rolleyes:

jivecat
31st-August-2006, 02:34 PM

Shirley that would be a "wannabe snooty"?

robd
31st-August-2006, 02:34 PM
apparently they were 'up a ladder'

Don't forget the wonders of wireless 'net access

Could be making mischief and doing DIY at the same time. A multitasking man!

fletch
31st-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Hmmmmm .... popcorn anyone? This should be a good show. Looks like Get a Grip is after Fletch's title of "Arriving with the Biggest Bang on the Forum". :D

This isn't me in another guise,:innocent: looks like he can spell..:na: ..it is a he I think.:what:

While at Beach Boogie we had a guy do a morris dance for us mmmmmm no comment .....live and let live. :respect:

The only people who seem to have a problem with me dancing around my handbag seem to be the people into WCS I wonder what that say's??:devil:

I hope you make lots of friends I did.:flower:

spikey blond
31st-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Nice post - but you don't really believe any of that do you... I'm guessing that you are part of the 'in crowd' which is why you cannot see the attitude.

As for Paul... perlease... do you think he might relate to women differently to men?? Do you think that might make a difference in how he is perceived, or how he reacts??

I think you just need to get to know people before you start to make assumptions.

fletch
31st-August-2006, 02:37 PM
A multitasking man!

There is no such thing :wink:

Geordieed
Thanks for the psychology lesson... surely you know that the only way to air your TRUE feelings is to do it anonymously? Why do you think they have secret ballots? Let's face it very few of you use your real names... Most people are just too concerned to tell it how it is in case they step on other people's toes (you ARE a sensitive bunch aren't you?)

By the way it's not anger it just mischief and on that point, I would be very interested in your viewpoint on my post or does it hurt sitting on that fence?

I'm not giving a psychology lesson I was touching on the subject of good and bad manners. Congratulations on your post though. Keep shaking the tree. You know how to get people going whether it is a joke or you're are being serious. You knows. Yhadee Yah!

I don't have a point of view of your original post unfortunately. Why waste time on that. In-between posts I emailed a friend in another country to say hello. Time much better spent already.

Have a good day mystery mischief whatever your motives.

Get a grip

I like DIY and have a feeling if this thread continues, it is ALL I'll be doing...

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 02:39 PM

Resisting the urge to to comment on the DIY.
I didn't say it was a man i rang. (Women go up ladders too you know)

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:40 PM
I think you just need to get to know people before you start to make assumptions.
Yes and you should introduce yourself to David James when you next see him... poor guy, snooterized by a Spikey Blonde..

Chef
31st-August-2006, 02:40 PM
Now that's a response - everyone else take note. This guy should be called the 'Chief' not the chef (you are a guy aren't you?? because that response almost made me cry...)

Yes I am a guy, but 7 years of dancing has really helped me get in touch with my more expressive and feminine side, without starting to wear sparkly clothes.:grin:

I can't tell you that you are wrong or that you are right. I can only say that most of it doesn't match with my experience. I can put forward some conjecture as to why what you percieve as "snooty" may have an altogether more innocent and understandable explanation. Some of the things you said may have been expressed in a way that people will find hurtful but I would prefer to concentrate on your message, rather than you manner of saying it, and address that as best I can.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:42 PM
Resisting the urge to to comment on the DIY.
I didn't say it was a man i rang. (Women go up ladders too you know)
Yeah - and who say's I'm a man anyway?? Bastards.... with their little winkies....

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes I am a guy, but 7 years of dancing has really helped me get in touch with my more expressive and feminine side, without starting to wear sparkly clothes.:grin:

I can't tell you that you are wrong or that you are right. I can only say that most of it doesn't match with my experience. I can put forward some conjecture as to why what you percieve as "snooty" may have an altogether more innocent and understandable explanation. Some of the things you said may have been expressed in a way that people will find hurtful but I would prefer to concentrate on your message, rather than you manner of saying it, and address that as best I can.
Your a priest right? So much good in one man...

straycat
31st-August-2006, 02:44 PM

Naaah. I think we can reserve that title for people who turn up out of nowhere, do their level best to insult everyone in sight, then hang around stirring just to see the reaction they get :whistle:

Stray
PS - welcome to the forum :waycool:

Geordieed
31st-August-2006, 02:44 PM
Time to change the game.

Who do people think Get a grip is.

Could it be Paul...

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 02:46 PM
Just teasing - blimey, don't make me have to agree with GAG :eek:

I'm shocked that you should suggest it's a Secret Forumite. Shocked.

It's not me.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah - and who say's I'm a man anyway?? Bastards.... with their little winkies....

Shame, you've had a bad experience there too then, by the sound of it!

fletch
31st-August-2006, 02:49 PM

You are welcome to any of my sparkly frock's, if you feel the need:whistle:

:D

clevedonboy
31st-August-2006, 02:50 PM
Time to change the game.

Who do people think Get a grip is.

Could it be Paul...

Done a bit of ballroom, converted to MJ hates swing dancing - it must be Andy McGregor

Donna
31st-August-2006, 02:54 PM
I can't believe "get a grip" actually has the balls to come on here anonymously (mind you, I suppose if he actually revealed his identity, he'd have had his place trashed by now:rofl: ) and post his poxy opinions on ceroc and the dancers! I think it's YOU who needs to "get a grip"!

You come on here asking if WCS advocate are the most annoying people in dance and start criticising ceroc dancers! Well, I've got news for you - whether you're a professional latin/ballroom dancer or not (I couldn't give a shi!t) I'm sure you're not the best dancer in the latin/ballroom circuit either, and I'm pretty sure some have looked at your dancing and criticised it. So, how would YOU feel if you started reading a nasty thread based on your dancing lowering your self esteem hmmm???!!!! :angry: You wouldn't like that would you? and THAT is exactly what you're doing to us!!!

I'm all up for constructive criticism, and whilst most of us on the forum here can, it's that that pushes us to improve more, just like you would if somebody was to criticise your dancing. Without constructive criticism nobody would improve at all but then I'm only willing to take it off someone who is higher up than myself - like, my ballroom teacher (who was in fact top 15 in the world!:respect: ) Why should any of us have to listen to you? Im sure you're nothing special but an an ordinary ballroom/latin dancer who has just discovered ceroc, looks down on it and posts nasty things re: the dancers! :angry: (now who's being snooty? :devil: ) I don't know, maybe you happen to be a successful competitor or a pro, but it still doesn't give you the right to use this attitude against ceroc dancers.

why? Well... for 1, I'm sure ceroc makes a lot more money out of those who just want to try an easy form of dancing than the ballroom/latin world do! It attracts a hell of a lot more punters - most who didn't start dancing when they were young like you probably did,:mad:therefore feel it's too late to take anything too technical to a high level although a high percentage of cerocers have taken up other styles to put into their routine plus some chose not to take dancing as seriously as you do! We all have a choice in life you know! (I think you need to get one by the way! :devil: You don't get many other forms of dance where you can do that - which is what gives it a bit more structure and makes it more interesting. 2. You'll find the majority of dancers very friendly unlike some in the ballroom world. (I've heard most of them are a bunch of snobs and won't dance with other people! :mad: which is why a few good ballroom dancers I know turned to ceroc in the first place ! There! :yum: )

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 02:54 PM
Done a bit of ballroom, converted to MJ hates swing dancing - it must be Andy McGregor

Nah my monies on Amir :rofl:

Almost an Angel
31st-August-2006, 02:57 PM

How about you actually spend time watching Paul after his classes etc and during freestyles - I have always seen him take time to explain something to someone when asked a question irrespective of their gender. Ditto goes for dancing.

Paul has this air of being above everyone, but where as there is no doubt he is a great dancer, he is also a shockingly bad teacher (unless he's explaining the woman's part for some reason...) He seems to forget that beginners find it difficult and races on at breakneck speed with the clarity of an over processed pea soup.
Don't agree - sorry but how much time have you actually spent in one of Paul's classes.

Sometimes the problem is that some students just cannot take in all of the detail at the first instance. Paul does, in common with all the other good teachers that I know, layer their information so that the first thing that is said is the most important and later stuff are refinements that you may only latch onto as you encouter it again in susequent lessons.

:yeah: To echo Cef - Paul teaches at multiple levels during a class - to some this may come accross as teaching at - how did you put it - breakneck speed, but I've been in classes where Paul has managed to engage both the more experienced and those relatively new WCS - that takes an awful lot of skill from a teacher. A lot of the information that you get given wrt WCS you don't take in at first - as you improve you take the information in and then try to use it - take it from one whose been there.

Yes, it is a beautiful dance style and it is expressive and complex, but there is no real format to the teaching
Really - are you so sure of that!!! Do you have any qualifications in dance or WCS that would make you able to comment upon this?

Angel

fletch
31st-August-2006, 03:03 PM
I can't believe "get a grip" actually has the balls to come on here anonymously

I do........so come on "get a grip" it actually takes balls to say who you are...:respect: . are you real? :really: I have met a few basket cases in my time :na:

Donna
31st-August-2006, 03:07 PM
I do........so come on "get a grip" it actually takes balls to say who you are...:respect: . are you real? :really: I have met a few basket cases in my time :na:

Maybe he has no balls now! :rofl: (everybody, look at his profile! :snigger: )

Get a grip?.... (say this whilst doing will young impersonation - that is, pusing the chin out and using the poncy hand) Eeeeewwwwwww I'm such a b!tch! :rofl:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:12 PM
I can't believe "get a grip" actually has the balls to come on here anonymously (mind you, I suppose if he actually revealed his identity, he'd have had his place trashed by now:rofl: ) and post his poxy opinions on ceroc and the dancers! I think it's YOU who needs to "get a grip"!

You come on here asking if WCS advocate are the most annoying people in dance and start criticising ceroc dancers! Well, I've got news for you - whether you're a professional latin/ballroom dancer or not (I couldn't give a shi!t) I'm sure you're not the best dancer in the latin/ballroom circuit either, and I'm pretty sure some have looked at your dancing and criticised it. So, how would YOU feel if you started reading a nasty thread based on your dancing lowering your self esteem hmmm???!!!! :angry: You wouldn't like that would you? and THAT is exactly what you're doing to us!!!

I'm all up for constructive criticism, and whilst most of us on the forum here can, it's that that pushes us to improve more, just like you would if somebody was to criticise your dancing. Without constructive criticism nobody would improve at all but then I'm only willing to take it off someone who is higher up than myself - like, my ballroom teacher (who was in fact top 15 in the world!:respect: ) Why should any of us have to listen to you? Im sure you're nothing special but an an ordinary ballroom/latin dancer who has just discovered ceroc, looks down on it and posts nasty things re: the dancers! :angry: (now who's being snooty? :devil: ) I don't know, maybe you happen to be a successful competitor or a pro, but it still doesn't give you the right to use this attitude against ceroc dancers.

why? Well... for 1, I'm sure ceroc makes a lot more money out of those who just want to try an easy form of dancing than the ballroom/latin world do! It attracts a hell of a lot more punters - most who didn't start dancing when they were young like you probably did,:mad:therefore feel it's too late to take anything too technical to a high level although a high percentage of cerocers have taken up other styles to put into their routine plus some chose not to take dancing as seriously as you do! We all have a choice in life you know! (I think you need to get one by the way! :devil: You don't get many other forms of dance where you can do that - which is what gives it a bit more structure and makes it more interesting. 2. You'll find the majority of dancers very friendly unlike some in the ballroom world. (I've heard most of them are a bunch of snobs and won't dance with other people! :mad: which is why a few good ballroom dancers I know turned to ceroc in the first place ! There! :yum: )
Sorry Donna, but where exactly have I criticized Ceroc dancers?? (The limp and the kanga hands aren't really a critisism as more a factual statement that applies to SOME dancers of the Ceroc persuasion..) On the contrary, Ceroc dancers are the life blood of partner dancing in this country - and let's be fair, the majority can't dance that well (and would be the first to admit to it) but they enjoy it!

And that's the problem with cliques and dancers that belong to them - they take a classless environment and bastardize it into a tiered hierarchical system that discourages new people and creates division.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe he has no balls now! :rofl: (everybody, look at his profile! :snigger: )

Get a grip?.... (say this whilst doing will young impersonation - that is, pusing the chin out and using the poncy hand) Eeeeewwwwwww I'm such a b!tch! :rofl:

I think it's a spurned lover .........

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:16 PM
How about you actually spend time watching Paul after his classes etc and during freestyles - I have always seen him take time to explain something to someone when asked a question irrespective of their gender. Ditto goes for dancing.

Don't agree - sorry but how much time have you actually spent in one of Paul's classes.

:yeah: To echo Cef - Paul teaches at multiple levels during a class - to some this may come accross as teaching at - how did you put it - breakneck speed, but I've been in classes where Paul has managed to engage both the more experienced and those relatively new WCS - that takes an awful lot of skill from a teacher. A lot of the information that you get given wrt WCS you don't take in at first - as you improve you take the information in and then try to use it - take it from one whose been there.

Really - are you so sure of that!!! Do you have any qualifications in dance or WCS that would make you able to comment upon this?

Angel
You're in love with him aren't you? It won't work tho..

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:21 PM
I think it's a spurned lover .........
Yes, yes I loved you Cruella, you and that mad hair of yours - but you couldn't see it, 'learn West Coast Swing' you said 'and then maybe I will take you seriously' you said. So I tried and failed (too many steps for me to count with one hand if I'm leading with the other...) and then you ripped my heart from my body and danced all over it...

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 03:21 PM

See i was right, a spurned lover! He knows...

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 03:22 PM
And that's the problem with cliques and dancers that belong to them - they take a classless environment and bastardize it into a tiered hierarchical system that discourages new people and creates division.
Oh, hold on - maybe it is me after all... :eek:

Donna
Sorry Donna, but where exactly have I criticized Ceroc dancers?? (The limp and the kanga hands aren't really a critisism as more a factual statement that applies to SOME dancers of the Ceroc persuasion..)

I must admit, I find the "kanga hands" bit funny! :rofl: Somebody once said, if every ceroc venue was running at the same time on a saturday night, this Island would sink! :rofl: yeah, I hate the bouncy hand, and a lot of us absolutely hate it! Somebody once mentioned it came from Lindy teachers teaching ceroc and like a disease, it should spread from person to person. :rofl: I think over the years people have really observed the bad habit people have picked up over the years and tried to reprogramme it, like trying to keep the hand still for example, whereas the WCS adds more structure to the footwork. You'll find in years to come, ceroc will keep getting better and better. :yeah:

On the contrary, Ceroc dancers are the life blood of partner dancing in this country - and let's be fair, the majority can't dance that well (and would be the first to admit to it) but they enjoy it!

Maybe they're not fussed on dancing well!! Some people just go out dancing to have fun and meet people.

Cruella
Yes, yes I loved you Cruella, you and that mad hair of yours - but you couldn't see it, 'learn West Coast Swing' you said 'and then maybe I will take you seriously' you said. So I tried and failed (too many steps for me to count with one hand if I'm leading with the other...) and then you ripped my heart from my body and danced all over it...

I meant of Pauls, not mine!

Almost an Angel
31st-August-2006, 03:23 PM

Nope I'm not in love with Paul - Nice try but...... I don't think I'm his type.

Can I have some answers to my questions please?

Angel

Donna
31st-August-2006, 03:29 PM

Angel

:yeah: This is getting silly now. Get A Grip, (***, what is your name? :really: ) if you can't stand modern partner dancing, then why don't you just quit and leave the forum and carry on with your ballroom/latin?

spikey blond
31st-August-2006, 03:31 PM
Yes and you should introduce yourself to David James when you next see him... poor guy, snooterized by a Spikey Blonde..

Actually I did, at the first available opportunity.....

straycat
31st-August-2006, 03:31 PM
On the contrary, Ceroc dancers are the life blood of partner dancing in this country - and let's be fair, the majority can't dance that well (and would be the first to admit to it) but they enjoy it!

I resent the implications here. Whenever a Ceroc 'dancer' like yourself decides to cast off their humble beginnings, elevate themselves, start down the road of true dancing, and join us in the WCS, Lindy, AT etc arenas, I always make a point of congratulating them on their wise decision, and spend some time helping them get over the inevitable shock to the system that this foray into real dance will cause them!

Why - I even assure all followers doing this that if they have sufficient talent given a year's hard work and application on their part, they'll very likely be good enough to ask me for a dance! And I might even say yes!!!!

You silly Cerocer.

Stray
:whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
31st-August-2006, 03:32 PM
:yeah: This is getting silly now. Some bits of this thread are, sure.

fletch
31st-August-2006, 03:40 PM
Maybe they're not fussed on dancing well!! Some people just go out dancing to have fun and meet people.

:yeah: :yeah:

If you had seen me and OXO'S bank holiday Monday, you would wonder what we were doing..:D .walking like an Egyptian and the Morecambe and wise skip what fun :na: not cool at all but I did laugh:rofl:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 03:41 PM
Some bits of this thread are, sure.

keeping me entertained this afternoon that's for sure, I can't stop laughing this is p1$$ funny :rofl:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:41 PM

Angel
Love to answer your questions Ms Angel - I'm not quite sure how you go in and get bits out to reply to - but:

Yes, I've been to at least 6 of his classes in different areas of the Country. Yes, I stayed for freestyle and yes, I watched him interact with other people and yes he was late for every single class.

Who needs to be qualified in dance to express an opinion??? If that were the case there would only be 3 people on this forum..

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 03:43 PM
keeping me entertained this afternoon that's for sure, I can't stop laughing this is p1$$ funny :rofl:

Even as far as having to leave the building so you can laugh loudly with your mate without getting fired!

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:43 PM
I resent the implications here. Whenever a Ceroc 'dancer' like yourself decides to cast off their humble beginnings, elevate themselves, start down the road of true dancing, and join us in the WCS, Lindy, AT etc arenas, I always make a point of congratulating them on their wise decision, and spend some time helping them get over the inevitable shock to the system that this foray into real dance will cause them!

Why - I even assure all followers doing this that if they have sufficient talent given a year's hard work and application on their part, they'll very likely be good enough to ask me for a dance! And I might even say yes!!!!

You silly Cerocer.

Stray
I'll look forward to that day Stray - two pussies together at last.

Tazmanian Devil
31st-August-2006, 03:45 PM
Ooh what an interesting thread :D

Has totally distracted me from my work :rofl:

Get a Grip - Well done on starting a real debate with your first posts. Yes I too think you are an existing forumite but all the same this has certainly made very entertaining reading :clap:

Donna
31st-August-2006, 03:47 PM

If you had seen me and OXO'S bank holiday Monday, you would wonder what we were doing..:D .walking like an Egyptian and the Morecambe and wise skip what fun :na: not cool at all but I did laugh:rofl:

This is it, it's all about letting yourself go at some point, and having a laugh with your mates. If we took everything we do so seriously, it would just get boring. Even though I take my dancing very seriously, there are times where I have to allow time to have fun with it as well otherwise it would become too stressful.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 03:49 PM
Yes, I've been to at least 6 of his classes in different areas of the Country. Yes, I stayed for freestyle and yes, I watched him interact with other people and yes he was late for every single class.
If this is true then most of the people on here that do WCS would probably have been at one of the classes you were at. The numbers of westies is fairly low, so you should be easily identified :devil:

Who needs to be qualified in dance to express an opinion??? If that were the case there would only be 3 people on this forum..

Name the 3 then. Are they part of the 10?

straycat
31st-August-2006, 03:50 PM

Oh come on! I devote time and effort towards your entertainment, and all you can do is come up with a retort that a half-witted twelve-year-old would think childish? Would have thought someone trying WCS would have more class than that.

3 / 10. Must try harder. :waycool:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:50 PM
:yeah: This is getting silly now. Get A Grip, (***, what is your name? :really: ) if you can't stand modern partner dancing, then why don't you just quit and leave the forum and carry on with your ballroom/latin?
I LOVE modern partner dancing Donna - all the intrigue, the affairs, the filth, the gob*****s and the virgins. It's a rich tapestry and also echoes the nature of where society should be: True partnerships with equal responsibility and trust - the man leading with the women giving her trust to him as the ultimate gift.

Whaddya think Chef? Pretty good eh?

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 03:53 PM
Even as far as having to leave the building so you can laugh loudly with your mate without getting fired!

:yeah: :blush:

Donna
31st-August-2006, 03:54 PM
Love to answer your questions Ms Angel - I'm not quite sure how you go in and get bits out to reply to - but:

I've got to admit, being late for every single class is wrong. I knew one teacher (not a MJ teacher) who used to turn up late, even go and grab himself some chips and a burger from the bar, and even sit down and eat it all before he'd get up and teach for the last half hour of the night!!! :eek: and... he still got paid!!!!!! :rofl: How can you get away with that?!:what:

:eek: :rofl: Stray, I wouldn't put up with that! OK, now it's popcorn time! :wink:

Chicklet
31st-August-2006, 03:54 PM
. Yes I too think you are an existing forumite but all the same this has certainly made very entertaining reading :clap:

I think it's Brendan Cole now looking for lurve on Ceroc Island and using all his new found insight into celebrity temperament to shake things up. :waycool: Maybe the thread's being shown live on the er hinternet to a teensy weensy audience?:D just a thought

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:55 PM
If this is true then most of the people on here that do WCS would probably have been at one of the classes you were at. The numbers of westies is fairly low, so you should be easily identified :devil:

Name the 3 then. Are they part of the 10?
Who are the ten???? I'm talking about people who have won National Awards and that teach AND freestyle on a regular basis. You can count those on the foot of a 3 toed sloth.

And as I was in different parts of the Country the only person that would recognize me would be Paul as he had different demonstrators on each occasion.

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 03:57 PM
I LOVE modern partner dancing Donna - all the intrigue, the affairs, the filth, the gob*****s and the virgins. It's a rich tapestry and also echoes the nature of where society should be: True partnerships with equal responsibility and trust - the man leading with the women giving her trust to him as the ultimate gift.

Hmmm... too eloquent to be Mr McG.

OK, here are the odds:

Me: 100/1
WittyBird: 10/1
Andy "heavenly" McG: 5/1
Clive Long: 5/1
ESG: 3/1
Trousers: 3/1
Chef: 3/1
TheTramp: 8/1
LMC: 2/1

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh come on! I devote time and effort towards your entertainment, and all you can do is come up with a retort that a half-witted twelve-year-old would think childish? Would have thought someone trying WCS would have more class than that.

3 / 10. Must try harder. :waycool:
You call THAT time and effort?? A bit of petty sarcasm? You were only worth the 2 pussy shot, so be grateful I deigned to reply to you at all...:flower:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:01 PM

OK, here are the odds:

Don't get me started on Andy MacGregor...

Just don't do it... I won't be held responsible...

straycat
:eek: :rofl: Stray, I wouldn't put up with that! OK, now it's popcorn time! :wink:

And I won't! Time for HardcoreCat666.

Hand us that popcorn - I'm going to throw it at him. :what: Yes. ALL of it. Every. Last. Piece. He won't recover from that in a hurry... :waycool:

Cruella
Who are the ten???? Ahh, the unanswered question asked by all.

I'm talking about people who have won National Awards and that teach AND freestyle on a regular basis. You can count those on the foot of a 3 toed sloth.
OK, so name them.

And as I was in different parts of the Country the only person that would recognize me would be Paul as he had different demonstrators on each occasion.
Wow 6 demonstrators lucky guy. What i meant was unless they were all complete beginners (apart from yourself) the likelyhood is you have danced in the same workshop as some of the westies on here.

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:05 PM
You call THAT time and effort??

I know... I know... pearls before swine... straight over your head... (whoosh) :really:
Luckily, everyone else got it fine :cool:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:05 PM

OK, here are the odds:

Easy darling I'm very busty and important at work I aint got no..........
Ooooh I can feel a song coming on.......... :rofl:

No It aint me :innocent:

Lou
31st-August-2006, 04:07 PM
Easy darling I'm very busty
What the heck's that got to do with it? :na:

Chef
31st-August-2006, 04:08 PM
I LOVE modern partner dancing Donna - all the intrigue, the affairs, the filth, the gob*****s and the virgins.

What filth? What affairs? CAn I just say, as a dirty young man that simply got older, that I am sad that I no longer get invited to parties like these.

It's a rich tapestry and also echoes the nature of where society should be: True partnerships with equal responsibility and trust - the man leading with the women giving her trust to him as the ultimate gift.

Provided we both always strive to be a good custodian of that trust then yes. Not sure about its validity as a model for society as a whole but it doesn't sound too bad as a starting point of intent.

You know I am getting the feeling that we know each other quite well but I couldn't be sure about your real identity. Not that it is terribly important to me at the moment as I am sure that if and when you want to make it public then you will.

To quote from Blazing Saddles "Gol Darn Mr Lamarr. You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore".

Still think that there might be some people out there that may want to cut your balls off though.

Just looked at your profile and it seems you work in publishing. I had already dismissed from my mind that you would be in the Diplomatic Corps.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:09 PM
Ahh, the unanswered question asked by all.

OK, so name them.

Wow 6 demonstrators lucky guy. What i meant was unless they were all complete beginners (apart from yourself) the likelyhood is you have danced in the same workshop as some of the westies on here.
Come to think of it there is no-one on this forum that falls into ALL of those categories - so I guess this is nothing more than twadle perpetrated by people who have no real idea of what they are talking about...

So my opinion is as valid as anyone elses.. hurrah, lashings of ginger beer all around and BAGS of lettuce.

fletch

OK, here are the odds:

I'm gutted whyam I not on hear :tears:

Ho he can spell :whistle:

Twirly
I'm very busty

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nothing like letting the world know...

Oh dear, I think I might have to go for a lie-down after all this... :rofl:

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:11 PM

Yeah, but at least he'd go through with his dare, though!!:whistle:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:12 PM

Just keeping in line with the rest of em :na:

Chef
31st-August-2006, 04:12 PM

OK, here are the odds:

I am surprised I am in the running at all. Unless I am having a very self congratulatory schizophrenic afternoon.

**sits down, looks in mirror, goes to find collegues for a reality check**

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:16 PM
What filth? What affairs? CAn I just say, as a dirty young man that simply got older, that I am sad that I no longer get invited to parties like these.

Provided we both always strive to be a good custodian of that trust then yes. Not sure about its validity as a model for society as a whole but it doesn't sound too bad as a starting point of intent.

You know I am getting the feeling that we know each other quite well but I couldn't be sure about your real identity. Not that it is terribly important to me at the moment as I am sure that if and when you want to make it public then you will.

To quote from Blazing Saddles "Gol Darn Mr Lamarr. You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore".

Still think that there might be some people out there that may want to cut your balls off though.

Just looked at your profile and it seems you work in publishing. I had already dismissed from my mind that you would be in the Diplomatic Corps.
You're too nice Chef, that's your trouble - and yes it is a great model for a caring society - why do you think we have such high divorce rates? Men don't know how to act around women, women are told that they should be more in charge and no one trusts anyone anymore.

If you give up control you gain it back - it's a less obvious form of 'control' but the wisest women with the happiest marriages have been doing it for centuries.

Mutual respect and trust with one person leading in a perfect partnership - vote the Dance Party at the next election!! Power to the people... Ohh Wolfy, what a big tongue you have....

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:16 PM

OK, here are the odds:

My No1 suspect isn't on there!
Nor my No2, so maybe i'm way off the mark.

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:17 PM
Easy darling I'm very busty
No It aint me :innocent:

Well... I am sure that many forumites are all thinking, as they read the all-conquering words of GaG the immortal word: tit.:D

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:18 PM
My No1 suspect isn't on there!
Nor my No2, so maybe i'm way off the mark.

Name and shame, woman!!

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:18 PM
I am surprised I am in the running at all. Unless I am having a very self congratulatory schizophrenic afternoon.

**sits down, looks in mirror, goes to find collegues for a reality check**

I'd always assumed every name on that list was the same person anyway....

(damn. Where's the 'running-away-very-fast' emoticon when you need it?)

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:19 PM
Men don't know how to act around women, women are told that they should be more in charge and no one trusts anyone anymore.

Ooh, maybe it's 'NewTo London.'

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:20 PM
Name and shame, woman!!

Well you were No2!

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:20 PM

Oh and by the way Chef, I dont' know you at all, never met, never spoken... you can't prove nuffin... besides, I steer well clear of people that dance in kitchen attire...

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:21 PM
Name and shame, woman!!

What you been upto this afternoon CJ? :whistle: :rofl:

Oooooh it's like Cluedo isn't it :D
You will find me in the stationary cupboard with the gorgeous office boy discussing grades of paper :whistle:

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:21 PM
Well you were No2!

U calling me a jobbey??

:tears: You'll always be number one to me, Di... :tears:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:22 PM
U calling me a jobbey??

Always number 2 but never number 1 eh CJ :rofl:

Oh the shame :rolleyes:

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 04:23 PM
Ms Donut...

For someone like yourself it's no problem because you see the good in everyone - but Im a twisted cynic and I'm more difficult to please...:wink:

GOOD GRIEF!!!! I go out shopping for a couple of hours and have to read pages and pages on this thread.... been crying laughing... :rofl:
:rofl:
Yes, I DO see the good in everyone... just as I know you ARE a good person... just havent realised it yet!!!!

*maybe a little bit of an attention seeker tho!!*

:yeah: :whistle: :whistle:

NB It took ages to catch up on this one.. but entertaining all the same.. (you naughty person, you!)

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:25 PM
U calling me a jobbey??

I can make you number one if you prefer!
Personally, i thought it was Silverfox though.
There i've named my suspects. Now i await the fallout. :sick:

Donna
31st-August-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but at least he'd go through with his dare, though!!:whistle:

:cool: Really? Ok lets see....

Get a grip - I dare you to reveal your true identity! :D

jivecat
31st-August-2006, 04:28 PM
I too think you are an existing forumite but all the same this has certainly made very entertaining reading :clap:

Hard to believe, ain't it.:wink:

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:28 PM
What you been upto this afternoon CJ? :whistle:

Always number 2 but never number 1 eh CJ :rofl:

There are men that would kill to be Cruella's number 2 guy.

There are perks to being a back door man, you know!!

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm gutted whyam I not on hear :tears:

Ho he can spell :whistle:
Yes, you, Gadget and S38 kind of excluded yourselves somehow... :flower:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:29 PM
There are perks to being a back door man, you know!!

Give or take?

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:31 PM

wrong thread dear...:rolleyes:

CJ
31st-August-2006, 04:32 PM
Give or take?

U know I'm a reciprocal kinda guy:D

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 04:32 PM
I can make you number one if you prefer!
Personally, i thought it was Silverfox though.
Blimey, you see Silverfox everywhere, don't you :rofl:

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:36 PM
U know I'm a reciprocal kinda guy:D

You might just be the right guy for Marc Forster at Southport then he was saying something about 'chaps' on another thread Here (http://72.232.2.194/~fpauly/forum/showpost.php?p=271859&postcount=301):whistle:

Lory
31st-August-2006, 04:36 PM
Don't get me started on Andy MacGregor...

Just don't do it... I won't be held responsible...

Hmm, Andy MacGregor is actually spelt Andy McGregor, now, there are few people who've made this mistake in the past and doing a quick search, here the latest list of suspects

Chicklet
MinnieM
Jockey
Chef (again :whistle: )
Dan Hudson
Tiggerbabe :eek:
SpinDr
Dance Demon

ooh the intrigue

I have to say, it's all very entertaining! :rofl:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:38 PM
Ah, yes the ubiquitous Mr. Fox - but he is just a puppy learning the ropes. Great a de-flowering the chickens mind you..

Chicklet
31st-August-2006, 04:38 PM
So is no-body going to put up a proper rebuttal and/or propose a group of people in dance more annoying than WCS advocates??

like maybe that the WCS accountants are more annoying than the advocates because they are a 1) larger group and 2) many don't have very good hair?

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:40 PM
Ah, yes the ubiquitous Mr. Fox - but he is just a puppy learning the ropes. Great a de-flowering the chickens mind you..

Brilliant, I now know who you're :rofl:

Twirly
So is no-body going to put up a proper rebuttal and/or propose a group of people in dance more annoying than WCS advocates??

like maybe that the WCS accountants are more annoying than the advocates because they are a 1) larger group and 2) many don't have very good hair?

How's about Get a grip for the title of most annoying person in dance? :whistle:

Get a grip

I'ts not that easy Donna...

What difference does it make who I am?

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:42 PM
How's about Get a grip for the title of most annoying person in dance? :whistle:
I'll go along with that - provided you can define annoying adequately enough...

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:42 PM

Thought I did... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9475&page=3#55) :wink:

El Salsero Gringo
31st-August-2006, 04:43 PM

OK, here are the odds:

I'm flattered, but this guy's way out of my league, I'm afraid.

My money's still on Gus. I've long felt sure he'd post something interesting one day.

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:44 PM
My money's still on Gus. I've long felt sure he'd post something interesting one day.

Nah too clever for Gus

El Salsero Gringo
31st-August-2006, 04:46 PM
Nah too clever for GusMaybe his spell-checker has Artificial Intelligence?

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:47 PM
Nah too clever for Gus

No mention of CoolCatz either.

jacksondonut
am still crying....!!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

Get a grip
Brilliant, I now know who you're :rofl:
No you don't WB - you haven't the foggiest.

I'll make you a deal: I'll give you 3 guesses and will anwer truthfully if you guess correctly. If you fail however, I want that pink ribbon of yours wrapped around my turgid protruberance.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 04:49 PM

I'll make you a deal: I'll give you 3 guesses and will anwer truthfully if you guess correctly. If you fail however, I want that pink ribbon of yours wrapped around my turgid protruberance.
I can't believe that I've resorted to making spelling mistakes on porpoise now to throw you all off the scent.

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:50 PM
No mention of CoolCatz either.

Why? What's CoolCatz? :whistle:

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:51 PM
I can't believe that I've resorted to making spelling mistakes on porpoise now to throw you all off the scent.

So you're admitting there is a scent to follow then.

WittyBird
31st-August-2006, 04:51 PM
No you don't WB - you haven't the foggiest..

Kinda proves my point that this is another forum Identity

Nah having way to much fun with this at the moment :D

Chicklet
31st-August-2006, 04:53 PM
Thought I did... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9475&page=3#55) :wink:

yup, fair point, but I'm hanging in there for a bigger group that more people can take umbrage over:D

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:53 PM

Or ke's admitting to not using deoderant. Or ... worse ... possibilities...

straycat
31st-August-2006, 04:55 PM
...more people can take umbrage over:D

What on earth's The Archers got to do with any of this?

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 04:55 PM
Why? What's CoolCatz? :whistle:
It's the same as HotDogz but with a nicer class of ladies.

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 04:56 PM
So is no-body going to put up a proper rebuttal and/or propose a group of people in dance more annoying than WCS advocates?[/SIZE]
CTA teachers.

There you go.

Chef
31st-August-2006, 04:57 PM
Chef (again :whistle: )

You've got nothing on me Coppper! Nothing you hear! My brief will have me out of chokey again before the ink is dry on the warrant.

Hold on a moment Lory, You are the forum moderator. You see all, know all, and can easily look up the registration details of the perp and the suspects.

Let me know how it turns out because I did have a word with my collegues and they reckon that I am quite capable of such behaviour, being a scientist and having access to a large range of interesting solvents to inhale.

It could turn out to be me after all:grin:

Chef
31st-August-2006, 05:00 PM

So either way WB is going to find out who you are........

Unless you wear a mask.

Be careful...she can tie knots really tight.

MartinHarper
31st-August-2006, 05:01 PM

The world needs more posts like this. 11/10. Bonus point for the phrase "cats flaps".

The answer is yes. The main thing that annoys me is this insistence that WCS is somehow a very difficult dance as a leader. Sugar push, sugar push, side pass, side pass, mess around for eight beats, repeat. It only becomes difficult because people insist on leading whips with three extra turns for the women, two extra turns for the guys, whilst simultaneously body rolling and continually facing the judges.

Though I was discussing this with a guy last Sunday, and he was saying how he finds that UK WCS dancers tend to dance to stuff that is way too slow (even by WCS standards), and all their best moves are stolen from Lindy anyway. Apparently, the secret to being a great WCS dancer is to do a Lindy swingout and call it a "Whip variation", and everyone will love you.

Argentinian Tango advocates would be annoying in the same way, but are saved by Argentinian Tango being genuinely difficult, as opposed to "Oh my god! Footwork!" difficult. I do sometimes want to shake them out of the belief that Tango is some kind of spiritually and philosophically meaningful thing. It's dancing. You want religion, go to a church.

You have the whole swing/lindy thing V's Ceroc and modern jive where the swingers consider themselves to be the cats flaps and who seem hell bent on railing against Ceroc and what it stands for.

Lindy advocates are probably the most annoying overall, but I'm kinda innocculated now, so they don't make my personal top ten. Anyway, I prefer to think of it as the good-natured joshing and familial advice an uncle might give to a younger nephew. I laugh sometimes about hiding my Ceroc membership card when I pay to get in to Lindy events. My local Lindy scene is pretty tolerant, though. It's tough to diss Ceroc when the local Ceroc instructor is one of the best Lindy leads. Plus, the Jazzjive thing makes the lines between MJ and Lindy a bit more blurred, which makes it hard to be snobby. We do try, though. It's traditional.

Chicklet
31st-August-2006, 05:02 PM
What on earth's The Archers got to do with any of this?
Tune in next week to find out that Sam is a secret Swinger when he whips :whistle: Ruth off to one of Paul's classes and seduces her on the floor (probably by the stage ) and David posts to nominate the horny herdsman as the most annoying person in dance.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 05:03 PM
Nah - you'll never guess and I'll never tell. Also, if Lory reveals my identity she undermines the whole concept of the Forum and the ideal of a free and frank exchange of views. You'll be burning books next...

CJ
31st-August-2006, 05:07 PM
Nah - you'll never guess and I'll never tell. Also, if Lory reveals my identity she undermines the whole concept of the Forum and the ideal of a free and frank exchange of views. You'll be burning books next...

Lory would never reveal who U are, but the forum's concepts hold dear honesty, integrity and openness.

Cowardice, sleekitness and malevelence are not. (is spelling?!? lol..)

CJ goes off to argue with his new found alterego...

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 05:12 PM
The world needs more posts like this. 11/10. Bonus point for the phrase "cats flaps".

The answer is yes. The main thing that annoys me is this insistence that WCS is somehow a very difficult dance as a leader. Sugar push, sugar push, side pass, side pass, mess around for eight beats, repeat. It only becomes difficult because people insist on leading whips with three extra turns for the women, two extra turns for the guys, whilst simultaneously body rolling and continually facing the judges.

Though I was discussing this with a guy last Sunday, and he was saying how he finds that UK WCS dancers tend to dance to stuff that is way too slow (even by WCS standards), and all their best moves are stolen from Lindy anyway. Apparently, the secret to being a great WCS dancer is to do a Lindy swingout and call it a "Whip variation", and everyone will love you.

Argentinian Tango advocates would be annoying in the same way, but are saved by Argentinian Tango being genuinely difficult, as opposed to "Oh my god! Footwork!" difficult. I do sometimes want to shake them out of the belief that Tango is some kind of spiritually and philosophically meaningful thing. It's dancing. You want religion, go to a church.

Lindy advocates are probably the most annoying overall, but I'm kinda innocculated now, so they don't make my personal top ten. Anyway, I prefer to think of it as the good-natured joshing and familial advice an uncle might give to a younger nephew. I laugh sometimes about hiding my Ceroc membership card when I pay to get in to Lindy events. My local Lindy scene is pretty tolerant, though. It's tough to diss Ceroc when the local Ceroc instructor is one of the best Lindy leads. Plus, the Jazzjive thing makes the lines between MJ and Lindy a bit more blurred, which makes it hard to be snobby. We do try, though. It's traditional.
Yes, yes sugar push, left side past, tuck turn... the women are just charging up and down a slot (story of my life).

What's really annoying is when men insist on leading beginner ladies in moves that they have no hope of following. Does that make them feel good about themselves?? Surely the whole point of dance is to dance to your partner's ability and to make them look as good as you possibly can.

As regards the Lindy crowd - some of my best friends do Lindy - I think everyone should be friends with one at least.

And Argentine Tango - probably the most annoying music you can dance to. If you WCS swing to AT then you truly are the most annoying dancer on the planet - what would that be Wango?

straycat
31st-August-2006, 05:13 PM
Tune in next week to find out that Sam is a secret Swinger when he whips :whistle: Ruth off to one of Paul's classes and seduces her on the floor (probably by the stage ) and David posts to nominate the horny herdsman as the most annoying person in dance.

Whoah. Never thought we'd ever see such goings-on in Umbrage... who'da thought?

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 05:14 PM

MartinHarper: 3/2

Argentinian Tango advocates would be annoying in the same way, but are saved by Argentinian Tango being genuinely difficult, as opposed to "Oh my god! Footwork!" difficult.
Nah. I think AT advocates are annoying in different ways, to whit:

I do sometimes want to shake them out of the belief that Tango is some kind of spiritually and philosophically meaningful thing. It's dancing. You want religion, go to a church.
OK, you got us :blush:

Also, if Lory reveals my identity she undermines the whole concept of the Forum and the ideal of a free and frank exchange of views.
:rofl: :rofl: Maybe you are a newbie after all...

You'll be burning books next...
Godwin's Law. Thread over. :tears:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 05:16 PM
Lory would never reveal who U are, but the forum's concepts hold dear honesty, integrity and openness.

Cowardice, sleekitness and malevelence are not. (is spelling?!? lol..)

CJ goes off to argue with his new found alterego...
Honesty, integrity and openness?? Are you sure?? Don't forget I've been looking at this Forum for sometime before posting and I KNOW what goes on..

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 05:17 PM
And Argentine Tango - probably the most annoying music you can dance to.
Unfortunately I agree, bloody bandoneons...

Fortunately Nuevo Tango saves us. :clap:

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 05:17 PM

I know, i wasted my time taking out an injunction!

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 05:20 PM
I know, i wasted my time taking out an injunction!
What, "Must always remain within 50 feet?" :innocent:

MartinHarper
31st-August-2006, 05:21 PM
How would YOU feel if you started reading a nasty thread based on your dancing lowering your self esteem hmmm?

I'd feel silly for letting my self-esteem by effected by a random anonymous post on the internet.

If you WCS swing to AT (music) then you truly are the most annoying dancer on the planet

Anyone up for starting a thread on worst combinations of dance style and music? Could be some interesting anecdotes there.

DavidB
31st-August-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't forget I've been looking at this Forum for sometime before posting and I KNOW what goes on..I doubt it. Your 'smiley to text' ratio is too low.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 05:25 PM
What, "Must always remain within 50 feet?" :innocent:
That was the one i took out on you Hun.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 05:26 PM
I doubt it. Your 'smiley to text' ratio is too low.
There are ways....

fletch
31st-August-2006, 05:28 PM
What difference does it make who I am?

I don't get it right all the time, but at least you know who I am.

SIR YOU ARE JUST A COWARD

Geordieed
31st-August-2006, 05:30 PM
Darn.

I have to leave my computer for the day. Come on Get a grip person. I am keeping a bet to see if you can keep people interested for more than tomorrow lunchtime. You have to keep people from getting bored with this thread for another day.

I'm gonna resist and check back in the morning. Good luck...

MartinHarper
31st-August-2006, 05:32 PM
MartinHarper: 3/2

I demand that Lou is put on the odds list for post#3.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't get it right all the time, but at least you know who I am.

SIR YOU ARE JUST A COWARD
Yes, yes I'm a massive chicken with huge drumsticks and a beak for smelling out BS..

Tazmanian Devil
31st-August-2006, 05:36 PM

OK, here are the odds:

CJ 10/1

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 05:36 PM
I demand that Lou is put on the odds list for post#3.
Hmmm, sneaky, Mr SmokeScreen...

Oh, OK then:

Lou: 25/1

fletch
31st-August-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, yes I'm a massive chicken with huge drumsticks and a beak for smelling out BS..

AR$E :rolleyes:

Simon r
31st-August-2006, 05:56 PM
Shame on the lot of you that find this so funny...

This is the worst thread i have seen and just shows how low the forum has become.

Get a grip you are a rude tw#t and i hope i do find out who you are so we can speak face to face.

I can not believe that you feel this is a fair way to express your views when you do not have the guts to reveal your own identity.

fletch
31st-August-2006, 06:03 PM

Get a grip you are a rude tw#t and i hope i do find out who you are so we can speak face to face.

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 06:04 PM

This is the worst thread i have seen and just shows how low the forum has become.

I can not believe that you feel this is a fair way to express your views when you do not have the guts to reveal your own identity.
Got to reply to this one because Simon the fact that you have risen to the bait shows what high esteem you hold yourself in. If the forum has fallen to a low level it's because you love to tell everyone your opinion. Don't now carp when someone does the same...

Lou
31st-August-2006, 06:08 PM
Lou: 25/1

Hmmm... not enough commas to be me. :D

If it is an existing forumite, (and I'm not saying it is), my money's going on Andy McG. They'd have the right wicked sense of humour, and they do "sound" a bit like Andy (although the double question marks make me doubt). Oh, I dunno! :rolleyes:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 06:08 PM
Got to reply to this one because Simon the fact that you have risen to the bait shows what high esteem you hold yourself in. If the forum has fallen to a low level it's because you love to tell everyone your opinion. Don't now carp when someone does the same...
And what's that? 'I do hope I find out who you are so we can speak face to face'. Is that a threat? Because surely you would accept that everyone has a right to express their opinion?

Simon r
31st-August-2006, 06:15 PM

To have an opinion is fine but you have slagged off someone with no proof or giving your own name

This is unjust to that individual AS HE HAS NO WAY TO REPRESENT HIMSELF AS HE IS NOT A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM.

not brave, not clever and i dont think it counts as an opinion if you will not reveal an identity.

Minnie M
31st-August-2006, 06:18 PM

Not Andy spoke to him today on his way up to a conference at the NEC - he did not have his laptop with him and he wont be back until 9pm today :rolleyes:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 06:21 PM
To have an opinion is fine but you have slagged off someone with no proof or giving your own name

This is unjust to that individual AS HE HAS NO WAY TO REPRESENT HIMSELF AS HE IS NOT A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM.

not brave, not clever and i dont think it counts as an opinion if you will not reveal an identity.
I suggest you stop now Simon - because if you want me to reveal who I am I will, and then I will reveal what you have been up to in the last 12-18 months.

Think about it, oh defender of the moral high ground...

Donna
31st-August-2006, 06:26 PM
Got to reply to this one because Simon the fact that you have risen to the bait shows what high esteem you hold yourself in.

Excuse me? You haven't even met Simon! Simon and his partner are one of the nicest couples I've ever met :respect: Very down to earth and excellent dancers! You started all this off! You've been lurking around on this forum for too long waiting to pounce and cause trouble! So, don't be surprised when people snap at you, because you deserve all you get! You're the one that's in the wrong here and should keep certain opinions to yourself! I mean, you started this, so don't you dare bite back when somebody has a go at you. Everything Simon has said is right. If you want to cause trouble, then you've come to the wrong forum - find another one. This one's for adults only.

If the forum has fallen to a low level it's because you love to tell everyone your opinion. Don't now carp when someone does the same...

and... everybody IS entitled to an opinion you know! but, there are ways of expressing them.

I think you're enjoying this too much, and feed on attention.

Guys, don't let him get what he wants - we end this thread now, ignore his stupid posts and eventually, he'll p!ss off. :mad:

Donna
31st-August-2006, 06:30 PM
I suggest you stop now Simon - because if you want me to reveal who I am I will, and then I will reveal what you have been up to in the last 12-18 months.

This is like "I know what you did last summer" isn't it? Are you some psycho stalker? Look, get a life, get a grip. Weirdo. So what if you reveal what simon has been up in the last 12-18 months - do you think anybody is going to believe anything you say? You can't even give your own name for god sake!

Simon ignore him - everybody has been up to something in the last 12 - 18 months whether it's good or bad, so no point letting this childish comment play on your mind (he loves playing mind games) and it's non of his bloody business. Besides, after reading all this, he's not worth knowing anyway.

Simon r
31st-August-2006, 06:33 PM

Hey i have got nothing to hide so shoot away you got something to say,
say it.

But of course that does mean you reveal your identity

David Franklin
31st-August-2006, 06:34 PM
Guys, don't let him get what he wants - we end this thread now, ignore his stupid posts and eventually, he'll p!ss off. :mad:

~other stuff~:rolleyes:

Get a grip
31st-August-2006, 06:34 PM
This is like "I know what you did last summer" isn't it? Are you some psycho stalker? Look, get a life, get a grip. Weirdo. So what if you reveal what simon has been up in the last 12-18 months - do you think anybody is going to believe anything you say? You can't even give your own name for god sake!
OK, enough's enough - so here it is - this is the ONLY time I will be on the Forum - after tomorrow evening that's it, never again (another day off work). So make the most of it!

Let's go back to the beginning. My post was meant to be deliberately provocative as that's what you all do (the 'players' anyway). This gets the responses in and then you just ride the wave. So for all of you that took umbrage, you clearly take the whole dancing and Forum thing far to seriously - Donna it's all a bit of fun, and by the way I do know Simon...

But in all these cases the original post is a catalyst and also is generally not that far of the mark - so to temper that: what I'm saying is that not everybody in WCS is up themselves. There ARE some lovely people who are both kind and generous with their time and their comments - and this is the vast majority - that includes you too Spikey Blond :-). BUT there is a core of people who really, really do think that they are better than other dancers of other styles, and in particular they think themselves better than CEROC dancers, even though it is likely that it is this that got them into dance in the first place.

I detest this - everybody partner dances for the fun and the social aspect - it doesn't matter how good you are, it's just about having fun and expanding your social circle. I NEVER turn a dance down and frown on people who do, because we all have to learn and some people are just simply born with more talent than others - that doesn't make them 'better', just different.

I have personally had conversations with guys who mock Cerocers but who are also terrible WCS dancers - they can do the moves but they look as agile as a trout out of water. That's fine, but please don't look down on those people who can't do it or don't want to because by definition you will set yourself up for ridicule - and deservedly so..

As regards Paul - he is a great dancer and a good teacher, in that order - and I absolutely stand by my comments about his lack of professionalism. If you are a friend of his, do him a favour and tell him to pull his socks up. If he doesn't, he will have a problem in the future - this is because he and Cat/Lee are pretty much the only UK WSC teachers at the moment - that will change over the next few years and when it does no one will deal will Paul if they have an alternative teacher who will turn up as agreed and act in a professional manner. If you are a true friend of his, don't let him waste his talent.

Ta, ta for now... and apologies, but no children or animals were harmed in the creation these posts..

El Salsero Gringo
31st-August-2006, 06:37 PM

This is the worst thread i have seen and just shows how low the forum has become.What, worse even than "Do you dance with fat people?" I feel humiliated.

Armstrong
31st-August-2006, 06:38 PM
If you want to cause trouble, then you've come to the wrong forum - find another one. This one's for adults only.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:confused:

Simon r
31st-August-2006, 06:45 PM
What, worse even than "Do you dance with fat people?" I feel humiliated.

Whatever

Donna
31st-August-2006, 06:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:confused:

What?! :confused:

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 06:52 PM
I NEVER turn a dance down and frown on people who do,

OK i take it back, it's not Silverfox.

Minnie M
31st-August-2006, 06:59 PM
.........../big snip/.......this is because he and Cat/Lee are pretty much the only UK WSC teachers at the moment
:angry: :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............... that gets me so mad :angry: there are other West Coast Swing teachers in the UK and some are even better teachers that Cat and Co ......... and great dancers too

Paul, Cat & Lee do have the monopoly in the south, but there are other WCS teachers like Anna Nayler in Surrey who has been teaching WCS for about 5 years now and so have Ralph Schiller in London, Carola teaches it in Brighton. All who have or have had regular weekly classes

Then there are a few line dancer teachers scattered about teaching and don't forget who got it all going DAVID & LILY BARKER :respect: the second time round and that is only in the South :yeah: In Scotland you have the amazing Graham Fox and Christina AND of course Brady Rogers who is a lovely dancer and I believe also teaches and don't forget James Mc etc.

and those are the ones I know of ...................

Donna
31st-August-2006, 07:00 PM
OK, enough's enough - so here it is - this is the ONLY time I will be on the Forum - after tomorrow evening that's it, never again (another day off work). So make the most of it!

I bet you don't even work - you've been on here aaaaaaalllllll day! Do they have internet access in psycho wards? :rofl:

Let's go back to the beginning. My post was meant to be deliberately provocative as that's what you all do (the 'players' anyway). This gets the responses in and then you just ride the wave. So for all of you that took umbrage, you clearly take the whole dancing and Forum thing far to seriously - Donna it's all a bit of fun, and by the way I do know Simon...
Well I don't think anybody else thinks this is funny! :mad:

I've just spoken to my partner about this, and he said a while back there was a thread based on good dancers, and when ********* name came up, my partner agreed that he is one of the best dancers in the MJ circuit - and..... somebody gave him neg rep and left this message - "get a grip" :really: That was you. You obviously think you're so much better than everybody else don't you - your head is stuck right up your arse MR! :mad: :D

You say you'll never be here again? huuumph! yeah right!

BUT there is a core of people who really, really do think that they are better than other dancers of other styles, and in particular they think themselves better than CEROC dancers, even though it is likely that it is this that got them into dance in the first place.

Yeah but you get that whichever style you try - you're always going to get one who thinks they are better than the rest, it happens, and you're one of them. :what: You're always going to be better than some people, but there are always some who are better than you. :wink:

Beowulf
31st-August-2006, 07:06 PM
quickest time taken for a new poster to make it to my ignore list..

I would suggest that the rest of you do the same and ignore this inflammatory troll.

Donna
31st-August-2006, 07:12 PM

I would suggest that the rest of you do the same and ignore this inflammatory troll.

well he's off line now and hopefully he won't come back.

fletch
31st-August-2006, 07:26 PM
I detest this - everybody partner dances for the fun and the social aspect - it doesn't matter how good you are, it's just about having fun and expanding your social circle. I NEVER turn a dance down and frown on people who do, because we all have to learn and some people are just simply born with more talent than others - that doesn't make them 'better', just different.

Gosh it was me all along :eek:

No but seriously, its one thing having an opinion, to gain respect I believe you need to put your basket down, come out of the closet and reveal yourself:(

Gus
31st-August-2006, 07:54 PM

I would suggest that the rest of you do the same and ignore this inflammatory troll.Look, though he may have inflamed some by his less-than-adulatory comments about some aspects of dance in general, amd some WCS people in general, there does seem to be an element of fact in what was said. I think its a shame that such comments could have not been made in a more diplomatic way (hey, I know thats a but rich coming from me) but some posters have validated a few of the allegations made. We all KNOW that there are egos and a$$holes on the circuit and more that a few people who think they are better than the common masses .... but this Forum has premdominantly been against the 'sharing' of the not-so-good news and opinions.

Why not give his/her identity? Well I think the reason is fairly obvious from some of the langauage used. If GaG is on the London circuit he/she probably doesn't want to get confronted in the real world for comments made in the cyber world. That may not be a just defence about posting negative comments about a leading light in public .... but I can understand that logic. Maybe GaG will realise that, whatever the facts and justification, its never a welcome thing to speak ill of objects of workship on this Forum :rolleyes:

SilverFox
31st-August-2006, 08:00 PM
Just for the record Cruella, it wasn't me. There's not enough sexual innuendo for it to be my handywork.

Fair play to you GAG. You've made some very valid points and really upset a few prima donnas as well. :respect: :respect:

I fail to see why GAG should have to reveal his/her identity. Nobody on this forum - with a few exceptions - posts from the hip anymore. Everything is measured and diluted. As soon as one identifies oneself, the ability to speak freely and frankly is very often tempered.

We are all still able to discuss and debate with GAG without knowing his/her inside leg measurement aren't we?

To achieve a positive rep of 73 (after allowing for the deductions of any negative rep) in such a short space of time proves that a great number of forumites share GAG's views, yet no one has had the balls to post something like this before. Why not? Because our identities are all known to each other and nobody likes to be unpopular (apart from donkey boy and DJ of course).

A thoroughly entertaining read GAG. :worthy:

Oh, and have some rep.

Simon r
31st-August-2006, 08:02 PM
Look, though he may have inflamed some by his less-than-adualtory comments about some aspects of dance in general, amd some WCS people in general, there does seem to be an element of fcat in what was said. I think its a shame that such comments could have not been made in a more diplomatic way (hey, I know thats a but rich coming from me) but some posters have validated a few of the allegations made. We all KNOW that there are ego and a$$holes on the circuit and more that a few people who think they are better than the common masses .... but this Forum has premdominantly been against the 'sharing' of the not-so-good news and opinions.

Why not give his/her identity? Well I think the reason is fairly obvious from some of the langauage used. If GaG is on the London circuit he/she probably doesn't want to get confronted in the real world for comments made in the cyber world. That may not be a just defence about posting negative comments about a leading light in public .... but I can understand that logic. Maybe GaG will realise that, whatever the facts and justification, its never a welcome thing to speak ill of objects of workship on this Forum :rolleyes:

Paul is what i would consider a personell friend for most of us this is a small community with a good spirit at the heart.

To be so abrupt and so pathetic to not stand face to face to air his /or her problems direct to whoever but instead over a public forum shows there real worth.

hey came down to threatning at the end and it was all such a joke

Bye

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 08:09 PM

Good grief, have you been reading the same forum as me? This is way better than the average thread. Hmmm, maybe we should have a "Worst thread of 2006" poll...

I don't think he's particularly rude, and he shows a reasonable level of humour in the face of attack (which is why Andy McG is a prime culprit - could also be DS, CJ, or one or two others...)

OK, I didn't like the stuff about Paul Warden either - personal defamation's aren't smart. But whoever he is, he's a paying punter and therefore has a right to an opinion.

Yes, the forum can be anonymous. That's the internet for you. I don't see this as a troll, merely an (extremely) forthright expression of opinion. I wonder if this thread would have been seen as so controversial if one of the more established posters had started it?

Since when was identity verification a pre-requisite to having or expressing an opinion?

Not Andy spoke to him today on his way up to a conference at the NEC - he did not have his laptop with him and he wont be back until 9pm today :rolleyes:
Ahh, that's just what he wants you to think....

Ste
31st-August-2006, 08:19 PM

Mr GAG

I do not wish to address your views of dance or even your criticisms of dance teachers (unpalateble though that may be).

What concerns me is as follows.

Most of us on this forum have real identities. However, you come on this forum with a concealed identity and then try to make allegations about someone who (unlike you) has a revealed identity.

That is very, very nasty.

Please leave.

Cruella
31st-August-2006, 08:21 PM
To achieve a positive rep of 73 (after allowing for the deductions of any negative rep) in such a short space of time proves that a great number of forumites share GAG's views, .
Some of us repped him purely for the entertainment value, not because we agreed with what he said. So i'm not sure that the rep neccesarily shows the sharing of his views.

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 08:21 PM
I bet you don't even work - you've been on here aaaaaaalllllll day!
:blush: :whistle: :innocent:

Well I don't think anybody else thinks this is funny! :mad:
:blush: :whistle: :innocent:

No but seriously, its one thing having an opinion, to gain respect I believe you need to put your basket down, come out of the closet and reveal yourself:(
Blimey, give the guy a chance, it took us weeks to accept you exist after all...

Once he starts posting on other topics, he'll get credibility - and I hope he does continue, he's very entertaining.

I suspect the main thing that's annoying some people, and I can totally identify with this, is that he refuses to back down from his original assertion, but continues to defend it. That approach seems to have a high "wind-up" factor, above and beyond normal. As I found out with the "Southport 2005", "Teacher ability", and of course "Southport cabaret" threads...

dance cat
31st-August-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe his spell-checker has Artificial Intelligence?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M
31st-August-2006, 08:39 PM
:angry: :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............... that gets me so mad :angry: there are other West Coast Swing teachers in the UK and some are even better teachers that Cat and Co ......... and great dancers too etc etc etc ...................

I have cooled down now, so I had better apologise if I came over a little rude :blush:

WCS has been around in the UK for about 6 years now - when it started it had just as big a following with great teachers like Roi Forbes, Roger Chin, Fred & Beckie etc., all giving regular weekly classes (there were others too) - however none of them looked as good dancing as Paul & Cat who are superb dancers - in fact their cabaret at MJC was the best I have seen and certainly as good as some of the US pros :respect: :worthy: IMHO that is why they have been sucessful more than the others - they look so damn good :worthy:

Current day English WCS owes a great deal to Marilene of Jive Bug who kept going with weekly and monthly WCS dances/workshops even when she was loosing money and then to Annalisa Martin (Ceroc Surrey) who took the chance and started regular weekly classes with Paul Warden :respect: who I personally think is a fantastic dancer and a good teacher, although his timekeeping is not as good as it could be :blush:

Cat's Twickenham classes they have carried on the good work from the above two ladies and I am very pleased that the excitement I felt when I first started learning is being displayed by many others

However, most (if not all) these newbie Westies come from a MJ background - please remember where you have come from and where you may return :whistle:

PS: Just remembered:- Lindsay has been teaching WCS for >2 years in Edinburgh :respect:

Tazmanian Devil
31st-August-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't think he's particularly rude, and he shows a reasonable level of humour in the face of attack (which is why Andy McG is a prime culprit - could also be DS, CJ, or one or two others...)

OK, I didn't like the stuff about Paul Warden either - personal defamation's aren't smart. But whoever he is, he's a paying punter and therefore has a right to an opinion.

:yeah:

Paul Warden
31st-August-2006, 08:56 PM
Well what a busy day we've all had !!

Minnie M
31st-August-2006, 08:58 PM
however none of them looked as good dancing as Paul & Cat who are superb dancers - in fact their cabaret at MJC was the best I have seen and certainly as good as some of the US pros
Edit: (too late to edit the post)
I should have said:
............their WCS cabaret at MJC was the best I have seen by UK artists

Welcome Paul :hug:
You do have a large fan base and nearly all of us love you lots :hug: :kiss: :awe: :respect: :worthy:

Lou
31st-August-2006, 09:23 PM
Good grief, have you been reading the same forum as me? This is way better than the average thread. Hmmm, maybe we should have a "Worst thread of 2006" poll.....

I don't think I've ever been to one of Paul's classes, so I can't comment of whether GaG's initial assertions were valid. But that's besides the point. He came on here like a breath of fresh air & put over a controversial PoV with rare intelligence & wit.

GaG - Thank you for initiating a very interesting thread and welcome to the forum (as it seems you're not an established Forumite). I, too, hope you stay.
:flower:
And, hey - Paul's joined*! :clap:

(*Although - look at his first post! No commas & a double exclamation point! Very much in the same style as GaG! :wink: )

Mary
31st-August-2006, 09:24 PM
Gosh this has been an interesting day on the forum. GAG I suspect you are not an a**hole reading the subtext. I have had to scan through fairly swiftly, but it has made me take a closer look at myself, always a good thing to do every now and then.

Interesting thread in all sorts of ways.

M

David Bailey
31st-August-2006, 09:26 PM
(*Although - look at his first post! No commas & a double exclamation point! Very much in the same style as GaG! :wink: )
What are you implying, man? :innocent:

(You've got a thing about commas, don't you?)

Lou
31st-August-2006, 09:30 PM
(You've got a thing about commas, don't you?)
I have a thing about apostrophes. :D

LMC
31st-August-2006, 09:31 PM

OK, here are the odds:

Not guilty.

Get a life Get a Grip. Dancing is too important to take seriously.

spindr
31st-August-2006, 09:57 PM
here the latest list of suspects
SpinDr
ooh the intrigue
Not guilty m'lud -- surely you noticed the postings had only 50% of their normal repartee *and* wit. I generally aim for a degree of brevity and pith -- empty vessels and all that.

SpinDr (aka Neil Matthews)

P.S. I have been to many of Paul's classes, but have stopped for various reasons -- may try Twickenham sometime.
P.P.S. What's worse than a load of westies -- a load of rabid online forumites :devil: Strangely, they're always nicer in the flesh (so far).

Paul Warden
31st-August-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm not big on the whole computer thing it's good for ipod and e-mail. But when someone called me today and said someone was dissin' me all over the web. I couldn't not have a little look. :wink: I'm sorry to MR GaG for having a bad intorduction to wcs and for having a poor idea of me. I will do my best to take some of the stuff you have posted on board. I'm not gona get to in to all of it though! But to those of you who have said lovely things I thank you personally. I think I know who you are (Spikie blonde, Siomn r, AnA, Minni etc...) For anyone reading this I can only do my beat to let you know that the WCS scene is very small and very friendly but like any small community everyone knows each other and from the outside is can be a little off-putting again I'm very sorry for that. But the only way around it is to come to a class and say hello!!:flower: hopefully see you there P.S. I'll do my best to be on time XXX:hug:

Lynn
31st-August-2006, 10:59 PM
What an interesting thread. Entertaining at times, and, shock horror, someone actually saying something not all fluffy and luvy about dancing?

I have no idea who GaG is, but I can understand someone wanting their opinion to be heard, seperate from their identity. Sometimes who is saying something influences us more than what they are saying. Someone is listened to, or ignored, because of who they are. Maybe GaG wanted to post some challenging thoughts, and possibly more extremely than he/she actually feels, with what is being said being more important than who is saying it.

For what its worth, I don't think this is a result of cowardice, I get the impression that GaG would still stand by what they said, if they did choose to reveal their identity.

Clive Long
31st-August-2006, 11:12 PM
<< snip >> But when someone called me today and said someone was dissin' me all over the web. I couldn't not have a little look. :wink: I'm sorry to MR GaG for having a bad intorduction to wcs and for having a poor idea of me. I will do my best to take some of the stuff you have posted on board. << snip >> P.S. I'll do my best to be on time XXX:hug:
It takes a lot of character for Paul to read criticism that he might have felt to be a personal attack and accept that there might be some merit in some of what GaG had written.

I don't know you, but :respect: to Paul.

Clive

Oh, Gag couldn't have been me because the times I have had the opportunity to go to WCS at Twickenham I have let WittyBird down.

Lynn
31st-August-2006, 11:21 PM
It takes a lot of character for Paul to read criticism that he might have felt to be a personal attack and accept that there might be some merit in some of what GaG had written.

I don't know you, but :respect: to Paul.Agree. Paul has responded more graciously than some of those who leapt to his defence.

Lee
31st-August-2006, 11:24 PM

:respect:

It's clear WCS is amazing :worthy: and so is Paul :worthy: :worthy: so here I end the thread :waycool: I'm right 'get a Drip' :rofl: is wrong, end of :yeah:

Note the chicken s*h*i*t*e* only registered today to have a rant. :rolleyes:

Lee

Gus
31st-August-2006, 11:34 PM
Note the chicken s*h*i*t*e* only registered today to have a rant. :rolleyes:Isn't the first and won,t be the last.

Ineterestingly its a reflection on the Forum that this little spat has been the one of the most thought provoking dance topic for some time.

Clive Long
31st-August-2006, 11:38 PM
Isn't the first and won,t be the last.

Ineterestingly its a reflection on the Forum that this little spat has been the one of the most thought provoking dance topic for some time.
Reflection on the Forum? In what way? I interpret a snide and judgemental thought behind that statement.

"Thought-provoking"? Not for me. Lots of heat and smoke - not much light.

Sorry my posts recently have attacked you Gus - but you have managed to irritate me by what you have written and the way you write it. However, I would defend your right to write it etc. etc. I don't think you need defending though - you can do it well enough for yourself.

Clive

Gus
31st-August-2006, 11:42 PM
Reflection on the Forum? In what way? I interpret a snide and judgemental thought behind that statement.

"Thought-provoking"? Not for me. Lots of heat and smoke - not much light.

CliveAmid some of the heat and smoke there were some very good comments made by the likes of Chef and DJ. The personal attack on a nice guy like Paul was uncalled for. There was defintiely a bit more heat and fluff than was neccesary, but at least there was some debate about dance attitudes and preceptions. Have there been many other threads over the last day or so that have led to insightful discourse on MJ dance?

Lee
31st-August-2006, 11:42 PM
I've just read the hold 12 page thread OMG....knackered.

Just a thought, anyone heard from New_to_London recently?

Lee

Lynn
31st-August-2006, 11:45 PM
Interestingly its a reflection on the Forum that this little spat has been the one of the most thought provoking dance topic for some time.I have no idea of the subject matter of this thread, having only done weekender WCS classes (when I did approach Paul with a question after the class and found him helpful). So I'm not going to comment in relation to the original post and much of the subsequent discussion.

However whether we are talking about WCS, Ballroom, Lindy, Salsa or AT, no matter how many times you say "but all the people I know are lovely" doesn't change the fact that some people do get all superior about their preferred dance. Talking about 'dance snobs' is hardly an original theme on this forum after all. And there does tend to be a lower ratio of such people in MJ, so comparison with almost any other style is going to be unfavourable in that respect.

Clive Long
31st-August-2006, 11:47 PM
The personal attack on a nice guy like Paul was uncalled for.

I read it as a criticism. I didn't read it as an attack - although Paul could have taken it so - but he didn't.

but at least there was some debate about dance attitudes and preceptions.
I agree. I like LMC's phrase (sentence?) "Dancing is far too important to be taken seriously"

Clive

Dave Hancock
1st-September-2006, 12:14 AM
The personal attack on a nice guy like Paul was uncalled for.
Have stayed off this all day, but I certainly took it to be a bit of an attack and on a couple of occassions didn't appreciate the tone of GaG. For what it's worth I've always found Paul's teaching to be of a very high standard and IMHO probably of a higher standard than many of those teaching in the States, perhaps not the professional's such as J&T, Kyle & Sarah, Robert & Deborah , etc, but the general teachers on any given class night in the States are no better than any of Paul, Cat or Lee and I think London should consider themselves extremely lucky and ignore the views of this anonymous poster.

I have always found all of them (limited in my experience of Lee admittedly) to give very good advice not only on steps/patterns, but also on such things as connectivity, timing and slightly more complex areas such as compression and tension.

Having read this I don't feel that GaG is really worth the time of responding and almost feel degraded in responding to such a COWARD who would come on and cause such a stir, with their outspoken views on some people whom I've always found to be extremely nice, approachable and considerate with their time.

As he/she says they are going disappear tomorrow evening, I'd hazard a guess at this point they shall still not have the balls to say who they are. All I say is roll on tomorrow so GaG can disappear back under whatever stone you emerged from. I for one think the forum shall be a much nicer place without you. Certainly shall not be posting again on this thread and I would strongly urge everyone else to do the same.

under par
1st-September-2006, 12:22 AM
Having never been to a WCS with or without Paul Warden I have little to comment on the topic, sorry.

As an aside and with in relation to some homophobic comments attributed to Gag I would like to ask GAG what a "gay publisher " description as a biograpy says about the poster.

Any sensible comments only please GAG!

straycat
1st-September-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm not big on the whole computer thing it's good for ipod and e-mail. But when someone called me today and said someone was dissin' me all over the web.

Item. I don't know Paul Warden. But I would be absolutely amazed if this was him posting - the posting style has GaG plastered all over it. Maybe someone in a position to could check with him?

Item. GaG only came on this forum to stir up trouble - nothing more. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a dancer at all - there are people who troll the internet purely trying to annoy folk - and this has all the hallmarks. I've seen it many times. Just about everything he's posted could have been gathered from other posts on the forum - it's an incoherent regurgitation of shedloads of posts and opinions, mixed together just well enough to sound plausible.

Item. The aim is to get attention, be divisive, and get people angry. If he causes arguments and dissent between forum members, so much the better.

So. I'm going to start ignoring the guy. I highly recommend that everyone else does the same, no matter the provocation.

Ste
1st-September-2006, 01:02 AM
When I was in private practice in London I used to terrify my clients when they did something that exposed them.It was for their own good.And I usually won their cases.Every angle was examined in detail, every potential flaw.

If GAG was my client, I would have thrown a few teacups at the wall and then warned him to immediately retract his potentially defamatory statements about certain person(s).

"SAY YOU WERE MISTAKEN...YOU WERE MISTAKEN WEREN'T YOU??!!You're going to get sued if you carry on like this!" I would scream and then get upset.

I would then go home, still in a strop, taking it all personally and worrying about how my client was giving a poor account of himself.

If I had been a bit smarter I would have been rubbing my hands, hoping for a bit of work when he made a mistake and got sued. Yummy yum yum.

WittyBird
1st-September-2006, 01:04 AM
Having read this I don't feel that GaG is really worth the time of responding and almost feel degraded in responding to such a COWARD who would come on and cause such a stir, with their outspoken views on some people whom I've always found to be extremely nice, approachable and considerate with their time.

:yeah: certainly deserves some rep sweetie :rolleyes:

Almost an Angel
1st-September-2006, 01:05 AM
Item. I don't know Paul Warden. But I would be absolutely amazed if this was him posting - the posting style has GaG plastered all over it. Maybe someone in a position to could check with him?

Sorry to disappoint straycat it really was Paul posting - I had to talk him through how to reply to a post!!! :rolleyes:

So. I'm going to start ignoring the guy. I highly recommend that everyone else does the same, no matter the provocation.

SilverFox
1st-September-2006, 02:33 AM
This thread has really shown the true colours of a few forumites who I had thought were a lot better than the vitreolic / luvvy sh1te they have responded with.....and it's very sad.

Very sad indeed.:sad:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2006, 06:52 AM
If GAG was my client, I would have thrown a few teacups at the wall and then warned him to immediately retract his potentially defamatory statements about certain person(s).What did he say about anyone in particular that wasn't true?

fletch
1st-September-2006, 08:24 AM
you[/B] exist after all...

But I did tell you who I was, it just took time to check it out :na:

I was allways real,:wink: I know a real pain in the AR$E :what: :flower:

fletch
1st-September-2006, 08:34 AM
Just a thought, anyone heard from New_to_London recently?

Lee

I sent him a PM and he didn't reply and I havn't seen him on hear or anywhere else either :really:

Simon r
1st-September-2006, 08:46 AM
This thread has really shown the true colours of a few forumites who I had thought were a lot better than the vitreolic / luvvy sh1te they have responded with.....and it's very sad.

Very sad indeed.:sad:

Not quite as sad as those that ditch common sense just to get a laugh. Standing up for those that you know is called friendship.

straycat
1st-September-2006, 08:57 AM
Sorry to disappoint straycat it really was Paul posting - I had to talk him through how to reply to a post!!! :rolleyes:

No - relieved rather than disappointed.
Natural thought though..... I mean - Paul - honestly - "dissin' me all over the web"??? :rolleyes:

Stray
PS - welcome to the Forum, Paul. :cheers:

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:06 AM
Yes, that was a busy day wasn't it! But let us just review what the result was...

1.) Paul Warden became a Forum member and posted for the first time - he is now part of your Forum and if you can keep him interested he might stay. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

2.) Not only did Paul sign up to the Forum but he also posted with integrity, humour and some degree of humility. This will have done his reputation a power of good. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

3.) All of you who ran to his defence will have been noted and you will now be feeling real good about yourself. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

4.) We had a serious debate about WCS snobbery (and other dances) and even some of you agreed (good post from Mary) that it may make you evaluate how you act. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

5.) We discovered how unhinged Donna really is - those rants at the end where classic and her leaping to the defence of SimonR within a nano second, clearly shows that she knows what I know... As for her comments on me in my psycho ward, well we all know what her padded cell would look like don't we? Covered from floor to ceiling with pictures of herself... (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

6.) We also discovered that the Forum is made up predominantly 2 types of people - the stirrers and baiters, who have the intellect and humour to conduct a good debate (Gus, David, Clive, Foxy, Stray et al) and the sycophants who fawn and preen and polish and who have no substance and no real opinion. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?) - By the way, good balanced posts from GeordieEd who would have had more cause than most to get on his high horse but instead responded with a wry smile.

7.) We also, also discovered how seriously some of you take this whole dance/forum thang - it's just a bit of fun and the sooner some of you recognize that the better. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

8.) Finally, we managed to shut SimonR up - he really is a BABOON isn't he??!! (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

In conclusion I want to reply to all those Jessies who kept going on about 'cowardice' and anonymity. To add to Silver Fox's eloquent post, a public debate loses it's edge when everyone knows everyone else - people simply don't express how they really feel - and this whole honesty trip? What a bunch of twat... Friends and acquaintances will NEVER tell you how it is, even when you implore them to be open and honest with you. They only way to have an open, frank public debate is to remain anonymous - it's not that difficult to understand.

As regards my identity - who really cares? If I revealed it I would of course still stand by everything I have said and would have no problem saying it to the people concerned face to face - but there-in lies the rub.. Think about this very carefully..

If, at the end of a class with Paul, I went up to him and took him aside and made some observations about his teaching and then also told him that I thought he was very unprofessional for always turning up late, how much notice do you think he would have taken of me? Very little..

On the other hand, posting as I have has meant that he definitely HAS taken notice - he became a Forum member just to put over his point of view for goodness sake! In the end it's all about getting the result you want, that's hardly cowardice.

GaG

Feelingpink
1st-September-2006, 10:18 AM
Gag, you have defended your 'right' to being anonymous. I can understand the reasoning behind that - a full & frank discussion. That, in itself, is just fine. However, at the moment you are anonymous and pretty much most other people on the forum are not, which means that, under the current system, a full and frank discussion cannot happen - it is unbalanced and unfair. Yes, there can be a degree of sycophancy, but it stems from us all being human beings who dance with each other and actually want to get on. If we truly want a productive debate on dancing, there would probably have to be a separate forum where we are all anonymous.

The thing that made me stop posting earlier was the mud-slinging. If you have gripes about the general attitudes of dancers or the skills of a teacher, fine. But likening forum members to jungle animals or implying that they should be locked in a padded cell (whether or not they have suggested that about you first), I believe only weakens your argument and desire for discussion, if indeed you really want to have one.

Lee
1st-September-2006, 10:21 AM
What a lot of built up anger for one person. Obviously no friends and has some serious issues from childhood. I feel quite sorry this person.

Lee

Gus
1st-September-2006, 10:25 AM
Hmmmm ... yup, a few good things did come from yesterday ... but I think you've managed to undo a few of them with a few unwarranted comments

If, at the end of a class with Paul, I went up to him and took him aside and made some observations about his teaching and then also told him that I thought he was very unprofessional for always turning up late, how much notice do you think he would have taken of me? Very little..IF you went up to him and said something and he ignored it, then you could make that statement. As you never game him the chance then you are taking a liberty making that comment. Paul has turned up late for lessons. OK, point taken. You failed to take the opportuntiy to raise that issue with the organsisers. Get over it.

We discovered how unhinged Donna really is - those rants at the end where classic and her leaping to the defence of SimonR within a nano second, clearly shows that she knows what I know... As for her comments on me in my psycho ward, well we all know what her padded cell would look like don't we? Covered from floor to ceiling with pictures of herself... (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)Donna is a great kid (I know her personally) and maybe sees things in black and white ... but I would far prefer to share her view on the world than a jaundiced cynical view. Calling her unhinged is rather bad form sir ... I suggest you apologise.

Finally, we managed to shut SimonR up - he really is a BABOON isn't he??!! (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)Whatever your thoughts on Messr Rich ... the Forum is not the place to slag someone off. If you have a problem with him, tell him to his face. If you wnat to point out the fundamental flaws in his arguments, dancing, teaching or toupe ... please present your case but name calling is rather immature?

azande
1st-September-2006, 10:26 AM
What a lot of built up anger for one person. Obviously no friends and has some serious issues from childhood. I feel quite sorry this person.

Lee
:confused: How you get to these conclusion from his posts on the forum?

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:29 AM
Gag, you have defended your 'right' to being anonymous. I can understand the reasoning behind that - a full & frank discussion. That, in itself, is just fine. However, at the moment you are anonymous and pretty much most other people on the forum are not, which means that, under the current system, a full and frank discussion cannot happen - it is unbalanced and unfair. Yes, there can be a degree of sycophancy, but it stems from us all being human beings who dance with each other and actually want to get on. If we truly want a productive debate on dancing, there would probably have to be a separate forum where we are all anonymous.

The thing that made me stop posting earlier was the mud-slinging. If you have gripes about the general attitudes of dancers or the skills of a teacher, fine. But likening forum members to jungle animals or implying that they should be locked in a padded cell (whether or not they have suggested that about you first), I believe only weakens your argument and desire for discussion, if indeed you really want to have one.
Oh come now FP - there are far worse character assasinations posted on this site than that which I have been accused of.

Besides I happen to like baboons.. they have big pink bottoms.

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:31 AM
:confused: How you get to these conclusion from his posts on the forum?
Quite right Azande - I have feelings too you know Lee...

Simon r
1st-September-2006, 10:34 AM
A true friend will happily critic or advise a person of there problems.

I have been aproached several times by dancers who did not like part of my class or the music i played, etc. I do not think i am alone in approchability and would suggest if you feel stroungly about a grievence you should at least approch that person first before opening up to a forum

I would think most teachers would like to hear from there pupils as it can only help to make there classes more enjoyable. Maybe be more constructive than that was Cr#p and as you seem to write so eloquently i am sure you would be able to construct a case.

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:35 AM
Hmmmm ... yup, a few good things did come from yesterday ... but I think you've managed to undo a few of them with a few unwarranted comments

IF you went up to him and said something and he ignored it, then you could make that statement. As you never game him the chance then you are taking a liberty making that comment. Paul has turned up late for lessons. OK, point taken. You failed to take the opportuntiy to raise that issue with the organsisers. Get over it.

Donna is a great kid (I know her personally) and maybe sees things in black and white ... but I would far prefer to share her view on the world than a jaundiced cynical view. Calling her unhinged is rather bad form sir ... I suggest you apologise.

Whatever your thoughts on Messr Rich ... the Forum is not the place to slag someone off. If you have a problem with him, tell him to his face. If you wnat to point out the fundamental flaws in his arguments, dancing, teaching or toupe ... please present your case but name calling is rather immature?
Does he wear a toupe? I never knew that... SimonR wears a syrup! Now that's NOT the kind of comment we like to see on the Forum GUS. If SimonR is folically challenged that's his business and I don't think it is a point that is relevant for discussion. I suggest you apologize to him fortwith.

Gus
1st-September-2006, 10:38 AM
Does he wear a toupe? I never knew that... SimonR wears a syrup! Now that's NOT the kind of comment we like to see on the Forum GUS. If SimonR is folically challenged that's his business and I don't think it is a point that is relevant for discussion. I suggest you apologize to him fortwith.:rolleyes: Humour? Think I'll just go back to the popcorn and spectating ... nah, think I'll get back to work instead ... this looks like it could very boring now.

Simon
1st-September-2006, 10:40 AM
Points 1-8Quick post before I get sacked for having read through the whole thing at work this morning........ I agree with Lou. Brilliant stuff. :respect:

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:42 AM
:rolleyes: Humour? Think I'll just go back to the popcorn and spectating ... nah, think I'll get back to work instead ... this looks like it could very boring now.
I like a man who knows when he is out of his league - it does you credit GUS.

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 10:44 AM
Gag, you have defended your 'right' to being anonymous. I can understand the reasoning behind that - a full & frank discussion. That, in itself, is just fine. However, at the moment you are anonymous and pretty much most other people on the forum are not,
Yeah, all these people using silly labels for their names. It shouldn't be allowed.

He's not anyonymous, he's unknown - there's a difference.

which means that, under the current system, a full and frank discussion cannot happen - it is unbalanced and unfair.
Why? Happens on Usenet all the time.

If we truly want a productive debate on dancing, there would probably have to be a separate forum where we are all anonymous.
What, you think our identities wouldn't get known pretty quick anyway?

Seriously, there are productive debates on dancing here - just over the past couple of days there's been interesting talk in the Tango High/Low and Sabotage threads.

But likening forum members to jungle animals
Can we liken them to non-jungle animals? 'Coz I have, several times... :na:

MartinHarper
1st-September-2006, 10:46 AM
you have slagged off someone with no proof or giving your own name. This is unjust to that individual AS HE HAS NO WAY TO REPRESENT HIMSELF.

(snip)

Oh, the injustice!

I would like to ask GAG what a "gay publisher" description as a biograpy says about the poster.

Presumably it'd mean that he's (claiming to be) a publisher who is homosexual, or else a publisher of homosexual literature? Or is "gay publisher" street slang for something unsanitary?

bigdjiver
1st-September-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.mninter.net/~richard/Please%20do%20not%20feed%20the%20trolls.jpg:yeah:

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, the injustice!

Presumably it'd mean that he's (claiming to be) a publisher who is homosexual, or else a publisher of homosexual literature? Or is "gay publisher" street slang for something unsanitary?
Happy publisher! 'Happy', I tell you - I've never used a straw in my life...

straycat
1st-September-2006, 10:51 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 11:07 AM
As regards my identity - who really cares?
I do - there's money on it.

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 11:10 AM
I would think most teachers would like to hear from there pupils as it can only help to make there classes more enjoyable.
Yes - but let's face it, how many teachers actually actively solicit feedback? And it's very difficult, especially for a beginner, to critique a teacher.

Most of the feedback to teachers is either "Thanks", which doesn't help at all, or it's "Can you show me that move again?" which is fine but not informative.

Lee
1st-September-2006, 11:12 AM
I have feelings too you know Lee...

Doesn't seem like it you chicken s*h*i*t*e. I know you're a female BTW.:wink:

It's easy to check out my profile, see my picture, read some of my posts and think of something clever to say but I'm not hiding!!!!!!

Lee

straycat
1st-September-2006, 11:16 AM
Doesn't seem like you chicken.....

SSSHHHHHHH! The baby's sleeping (http://evilnine.preloaded.com/)!!!!! :what:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes - but let's face it, how many teachers actually actively solicit feedback? And it's very difficult, especially for a beginner, to critique a teacher.

Most of the feedback to teachers is either "Thanks", which doesn't help at all, or it's "Can you show me that move again?" which is fine but not informative.

I think alot of people actually find it difficult to give the teacher neg feedback particually if they are new to that particular venue/teacher.

I personally know of three people that have attempted this one got told if they didn't like this particular teachers way of teaching they should find another venue to go to, an other said you can't please everyone, and the last one actually accepted the feedback and asked the dancer how they could help to resolve it. I will not mention names as I don't think thats fair.

{winds neck back in} :hug:

Simon r
1st-September-2006, 11:26 AM

Most if not all workshops have feedback sheet's beginner or not.

Feed back can be many things the venue ,music ,other dancers (the pervs).etc.

This person obviously feels very strongly about their views and i have met others at venues who are quite happy to discuss in person there grievences

I did not solicit for their opinions it was there choice,

actually normally only get to hear about bad things most dancers do not go up to teachers to say great class or great venue or even good music it is normally only a negative that is discussed.

MartinHarper
1st-September-2006, 11:27 AM
It's very difficult, especially for a beginner, to critique a teacher.

I personally find it much easier to review a teacher when discussing hir with others, than to critique a teacher one-on-one, face-to-face. I think that's partly because it's accepted practice for reviewers to be substantially worse than the people they are reviewing (eg, film critics are rarely big name actors and directors).

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2006, 11:36 AM
hir:grin:

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 12:00 PM
Doesn't seem like it you chicken s*h*i*t*e. I know you're a female BTW.:wink:

It's easy to check out my profile, see my picture, read some of my posts and think of something clever to say but I'm not hiding!!!!!!

Lee
Checked your picture out and read some of your posts - it's not easy to say something clever is it Lee.... also would suggest that in future that you refrain from directing people to your picture - almost put me off me morning coffee and finger of fudge..

timbp
1st-September-2006, 12:04 PM
hir
"them"
Singular "they" was good enough for Shakespeare, why can't we use it now?

(This probably needs a new thread.)

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 12:30 PM

Feed back can be many things the venue ,music ,other dancers (the pervs).etc.

This person obviously feels very strongly about their views and i have met others at venues who are quite happy to discuss in person there grievences

I did not solicit for their opinions it was there choice,

actually normally only get to hear about bad things most dancers do not go up to teachers to say great class or great venue or even good music it is normally only a negative that is discussed.
I think what's amazing about this thread is that all of you have taken my original post and profile along with the details specified as being 100% true.

It's not the case.

I've been around a long time and do know a lot of you personally - I also know a lot of teachers from all areas of the dance World and I do know how they respond to punter's views and opinions.

If all you get back is negative feedback then you are doing something wrong - dancers are just as happy to give positive feedback as well as negative.

Also for the record a 'troll' in internet parlance, refers to individuals who post intentionally inflammatory remarks to seek a reaction - presumably this means that the majority of the protagonists on this forum are trolls by definition?

Lee
1st-September-2006, 12:32 PM
Checked your picture out and read some of your posts - it's not easy to say something clever is it Lee.... also would suggest that in future that you refrain from directing people to your picture - almost put me off me morning coffee and finger of fudge..

Oh so funny, at least I'm not hiding behind a user name that've just set up to have a pop at Paul & Simon. I think you're a bitter, twisted individual actually. This is a forum where people are happy to show their face and say what they think.

Be careful not to get confused when you log into your other forum account and have normal conversations with people.

Do you go dancing with a paper bag on your head, or in disguise?

Lee

Lee
1st-September-2006, 12:34 PM

So there...

MMM first post, yep all gob s*h*i*t*e

WCS dancers are a wicked bunch of people, no different to any other people i've met through other dance styles.

Lee

cutey
1st-September-2006, 12:36 PM
FOR GOD SAKE THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH! :mad: :mad:

You are all entitled to your own opinion but this particular thread has identified certain individuals who shall remain nameless who feel very strongly about their hobbie/profession. May I suggest we stop entertaining GaG and move on and upwards to continue enjoying the dance you do!

Cutey

Simon r
1st-September-2006, 12:38 PM
I think what's amazing about this thread is that all of you have taken my original post and profile along with the details specified as being 100% true.

It's not the case.

I've been around a long time and do know a lot of you personally - I also know a lot of teachers from all areas of the dance World and I do know how they respond to punter's views and opinions.

If all you get back is negative feedback then you are doing something wrong - dancers are just as happy to give positive feedback as well as negative.

Also for the record a 'troll' in internet parlance, refers to individuals who post intentionally inflammatory remarks to seek a reaction - presumably this means that the majority of the protagonists on this forum are trolls by definition?

Quick question when was the last time you gave positive feed back to a teacher or a venue in person.

not trying to catch you out but would be nice if you replied honestly.

azande
1st-September-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer to this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=273486&postcount=245)...

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 12:47 PM
Quick question when was the last time you gave positive feed back to a teacher or a venue in person.

not trying to catch you out but would be nice if you replied honestly.
All the time Simon - are you really saying that no-one congratulates you at Twyford for a good class or for good music? I find that difficult to believe.

You and Nicole are good teachers and dancers - I may not like what you post on the Forum but that doesn't mean I don't respect that you have worked hard at what you do. (That's positive feedback for you isn't it??)

I also think that the move to WCS for you has been a really good one - you have gone from the 'excited puppy' style of dancing to a more laid back and languid approach. Just need to be careful that it doesn't come across as lazy...

Cruella
1st-September-2006, 01:21 PM
Not me, i didn't believe for one minute that you were 36.:rolleyes:

GaG i agree with some of your comments.

Unfortunately, as i'm not anonymous i really can't reveal which ones.:whistle:

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 01:23 PM
Sure - and that's a Good Thing, teachers take it seriously. But the context we were discussing was regular weekly classes, so that's not really relevant.

So, err, what bad things do people say about you then? :innocent:

Cruella
1st-September-2006, 01:27 PM
New Target DJ?

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 01:37 PM
New Target DJ?
Just bored, Friday afternoon...

DianaS
1st-September-2006, 01:47 PM
Are West Coast Swing advocates the most annoying people in dance?...
Nah - you've not been out much:rofl:

Being relatively new to 'modern' partner dance and the whole forum concept I thought it important ...
Thought as much :whistle: :whistle:

remember, the fact that you wear high heels doesn't give you the right to look down on everyone else.

So there...
GAG your've so not met Andy Mc G!!:rofl: :rofl:

To answer you though...

Are West Coast Swing advocates the most annoying people in dance?...

people with more opinions than experience are sometimes annoying..But you're funny at the moment, in a "Tee hee Ahhh look at the baby cry" kind o of a way :na:

Get a grip
1st-September-2006, 01:50 PM
Not me, i didn't believe for one minute that you were 36.:rolleyes:

GaG i agree with some of your comments.

Unfortunately, as i'm not anonymous i really can't reveal which ones.:whistle:
Well, let's call it a day shall we? Hope that means that you have won your bet Ed as we have sailed past lunch time?

Cruella, your a bright lady and yes I am much older than 36 - and like to wear my cardi low and my stains high..

Who am I? A question I have asked myself for many years now - and as I don't have an answer, it means I can't tell you either.

This has been a very enjoyable day and a half with some great banter. For those who posted with wit and their tongue firmly placed in their cheek, well done - you are the essence of the Forum and long may you remain.

For those that took offence, or simply didn't get the jist, or who were down right rude (Lee and Donna) Get a Grip and get a life.

The troll will now sleep but will be forever vigilant.

P.s - a spell checker is really not a difficult thing to use - if you can write text which is grammatically correct and that doesn't have simple spelling mistakes people WILL take you more seriously...

Cruella
1st-September-2006, 01:53 PM
The troll will now sleep but will be forever vigilant.

Sleep well, i for one will miss you.

graham fox
1st-September-2006, 01:53 PM
Everyone is different and choose to try different styles of dancing for thier own reasons. Ceroc is very popular as its easier to pick up and has nice variations with a large social scene too. Other people like west coast swing because they find it more challenging. I particularly love west coast swing because its, challenging, stylish, smooth, sexy and i love the variety of music, im particular blues. I think its only fair to respect everyone own reasons for choosing what they want to dance. I have been dancing 20 years in Latin firstly, then Jive and have found many different attitudes towards dancing and people, however I have always had time for people who want to learn. When you stop enjoying dancing and stop enjoying helping its time to stop and think is this for me anymore. After all why do we dance ?. I think its to learn, socialise, have fun and meet new friends. There is space for every type of dance.

Donna
1st-September-2006, 02:07 PM
For those that took offence, or simply didn't get the jist, or who were down right rude (Lee and Donna) Get a Grip and get a life.

What, and you haven't been rude?:sick:

Why come on here asking "are West Coast Swing advocated the most annoying people in dance" when you think you know the answers yourself? Ok, everybody is entitled to an opinion, but there are some that you should keep to yourself and KEEP your mouth zipped. :what: In fact, just reading the title proves you've come on here asking for trouble - I do hope you're satified now. :mad:

oh yeah and another thing - regarding the pictures, I deleted loads of them ages ago, and whilst you were a guest on here, you wouldn't have been able to access them in my profile, which proves.......... that you, are already a registered user under another name, and has been registered for a very long time - could even be a member me thinks.

MartinHarper
1st-September-2006, 02:08 PM
Singular "they" was good enough for Shakespeare, why can't we use it now?

You can use whatever you like. I use what I use because my beliefs affect my actions.

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 02:15 PM
P.s - a spell checker is really not a difficult thing to use - if you can write text which is grammatically correct and that doesn't have simple spelling mistakes people WILL take you more seriously...
Ah-ha... :worthy:

Donna
1st-September-2006, 02:23 PM
I think it's Brendan Cole now looking for lurve on Ceroc Island and using all his new found insight into celebrity temperament to shake things up. :waycool: Maybe the thread's being shown live on the er hinternet to a teensy weensy audience?:D just a thought

:rofl: :rofl: I must admit, when he said he has a ballroom/latin background and was looking down on modern partner dancing, I thought the only person who'd really do that is a professional dancer - then I thought - I wonder........ :D Think of a professional ballroom/latin dancer (even a famous one) who has been involved in the ceroc world - well, Brendon Cole has been to Leroc Venues and I think Anton Du Beke has too. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:grin:

Simon - who have you met?

Dorothy
1st-September-2006, 02:28 PM
I have just skimmed this thread and whilst it has been entertaining reading, it is very sad that people are airing their personal disputes in public. I don't know who you all are, but 'Get a Grip' is obviously a bad dancer with a HUGE chip on his/her shoulder, and a cowardly insecure man/woman! Don't rise to the bait.

straycat
1st-September-2006, 02:40 PM
I have just skimmed this thread etc.....

Ssssshhhhhhh.

Take it easy....

It's ok.....

The Beast has gone.

Ssssshhhhhh.

If we all keep very still.....

It might stay that way.....

Just relax....

Walk away very slowly..... very quietly.....

No sudden moves....

And we should be OK.

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 02:45 PM
BOO!

:innocent:

straycat
1st-September-2006, 02:51 PM
BOO!

:innocent:

:eek: :eek:

one of the beasts is gone, anyway. Obviously, we still have others :rolleyes: :whistle:

Donna
1st-September-2006, 03:06 PM

one of the beasts is gone, anyway. Obviously, we still have others :rolleyes: :whistle:

where.....where???!!!! :eek:

Lee
1st-September-2006, 03:14 PM
Still think it's a women....:angry:

They stopped cause I worked out who it was from a PM.

Did I get the final word :rolleyes:

Lee

straycat
1st-September-2006, 03:16 PM
where.....where???!!!! :eek:

LOOK OUT!!!!! BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 03:31 PM
They stopped cause I worked out who it was from a PM.
Yep, you scared him away. :clap:

Did I get the final word
Yes?

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh come on. They weren't that bad. The only thing he/she did wrong was actually name names. To which other forumites have done before and got knocked down for it :rolleyes:

I don't see the problem with him/her they came on here started a good debate and now they are leaving.

Personally I will miss reading some of their stuff as it added debate and humour at the same time :clap:

Paul F
1st-September-2006, 03:58 PM
Could I ask a big favour?

Can someone PM me and let me know what this whole thread is about? Unless I keep up with the posts that are made I can never find the time to read the whole thing.

Lee
1st-September-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh come on. They weren't that bad. The only thing he/she did wrong was actually name names. To which other forumites have done before and got knocked down for it :rolleyes:

I don't see the problem with him/her they came on here started a good debate and now they are leaving.

Personally I will miss reading some of their stuff as it added debate and humour at the same time :clap:

I think I'm gonna set up a 2nd user account so i can have a rant at people or issues that annoy me. Need to think of a good name....Lee2 (will anyone guess it's me).

:rolleyes:

Minnie M
1st-September-2006, 04:02 PM
GAG your've so not met Andy Mc G!!
Poor Andy :really: fluffy boas, pink dresses, handbags, sparkly tights etc... but I have never seen him in high heels :rolleyes: he could fall off them :whistle: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 04:14 PM
Could I ask a big favour?

Can someone PM me and let me know what this whole thread is about? Unless I keep up with the posts that are made I can never find the time to read the whole thing.

PM on way :hug:

Paul F
1st-September-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the updates :cheers:

Minnie M
1st-September-2006, 04:24 PM
Yes, that was a busy day wasn't it! But let us just review what the result was...

1.) Paul Warden became a Forum member and posted for the first time - he is now part of your Forum and if you can keep him interested he might stay. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

2.) Not only did Paul sign up to the Forum but he also posted with integrity, humour and some degree of humility. This will have done his reputation a power of good. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

3.) All of you who ran to his defence will have been noted and you will now be feeling real good about yourself. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)

4.) We had a serious debate about WCS snobbery (and other dances) and even some of you agreed (good post from Mary) that it may make you evaluate how you act. (Surely that is a GOOD thing is it not?)
.........../snip other stuff/........GaG
:yeah: :flower: :yeah:
The forum had been getting soooooo boring lately ......... thank you GaG for interesting reading, I agree that some good may come out of this ......... including bringing a spark back into the forum - I have a couple of ideas of who HE may be - there are not many on this forum as eloquent as he or as bold - hide behind a name, why not :flower: come back soon please GaG, but leave the personal insults behind next time please.

Donna
1st-September-2006, 04:40 PM
:yeah: :flower: :yeah:
The forum had been getting soooooo boring lately ......... thank you GaG for interesting reading, I agree that some good may come out of this ......... including bringing a spark back into the forum - I have a couple of ideas of who HE may be - there are not many on this forum as eloquent as he or as bold - hide behind a name, why not :flower: come back soon please GaG, but leave the personal insults behind next time please.

It sounds almost like ..... silverfox or ..... ESG maybe?:D What do others think?

David Bailey
1st-September-2006, 04:42 PM
Can someone PM me and let me know what this whole thread is about?
Oooh, a thread summary! OK then...

Get a Grip (GaG) launched the thread, with a, umm, strong criticism of the WCS scene's attitude and Paul Warden's teaching.
A few shocked / admiring posts went back and forth for a while, along with some insults and banter.
Spikey Blonde was (I reckon) the first to actually post a serious reply to the question with this post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272877#post272877).
Some more banter ensued...
Chef also took the question seriously enough to post a proper reply here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272892#post272892).
Clevedon Boy was the first to call GaG a troll (post 40)
Various people started to speculate on GaG's "true identity"
Various people denied they were secretly GaG.
Donna had a bit of a rant (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272940#post272940)
I started a book on the ID question (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=272985#post272985)
Various people suggested other names and odds.
More banter, more ID debate... Blah blah...
MartinHarper posted a serious post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273088#post273088)
Banter banter banter...
Simon_R nominated this as the Worst. Thread. Ever. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273140#post273140)
Insults and innuendo were swapped back and forth between Simon_R and GaG.
GaG finally expanded and elaborated on his original post (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=273185&postcount=189).
Minnie apologised for being rude (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273278#post273278) (in this thread? :rofl: )
Paul Warden joined the forum... and posted (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273362#post273362)!
GaG posted (his opinion of) a summary of what the thread had achieved (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273476#post273476).
GaG was called a troll again.
Lee got into the insulting game (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273524#post273524)
Some discussion of "teacher feedback" ensued
GaG signed off (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273607#post273607)...?
Errr... that's about it.

Whew. I thought the Singleton's Summaries were hard work...

Lynn
1st-September-2006, 04:47 PM
Oooh, a thread summary! OK then...
:worthy:

Lee
Lee got into the insulting game (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273524#post273524)[/LIST]

Whew. I thought the Singleton's Summaries were hard work...

I was bored, it's Friday. Not interested in the initial thread, just a good bitch fight. :cheers:

Lee

Minnie M
It sounds almost like ..... silverfox or ..... ESG maybe?:D What do others think?

No ...... although I have an idea who GaG is, IMO to openly guess his identity would spoil it - let him be the Forum Scarlet Pimple (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/b/blakeney.htm) :whistle: for all of us to guess his identity :yeah:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-September-2006, 05:02 PM
It sounds almost like ..... silverfox or ..... ESG maybe?:D What do others think?I so wish I had the balls (and the wit) to post half of what Get a Grip has. But since I've never been to one of Paul's WCS classes (and so couldn't comment on them or him) I'm afraid that rules me out.

Donna
1st-September-2006, 05:02 PM
No ...... although I have an idea who GaG is, IMO to openly guess his identity would spoil it - let him be the Forum Scarlet Pimple (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/b/blakeney.htm) :whistle: for all of us to guess his identity :yeah:

:rofl:

Yeah I think a few are getting bored with it now, so why not reveal who it is, then this whole thing will just come to an end right?

Think... silverfox, hasn't been on all day. He logged on around 10.20?

Donna
1st-September-2006, 05:05 PM
I so wish I had the balls (and the wit) to post half of what Get a Grip has. But since I've never been to one of Paul's WCS classes (and so couldn't comment on them or him) I'm afraid that rules me out.

ok fair enough.

Can anybody think of a male dancer, in his 30's or 40's who dances in the most popular venues in the London area, does WCS (and has also been on the same WCS workshops as themselves) who's postings on here has a similar tone to those under his registered name?

straycat
1st-September-2006, 05:12 PM
I so wish I had the balls (and the wit) to post half of what Get a Grip has.

That scares me. I'd honestly say you've got ten times the wit of GaG (that could be seen as more of an insult to GaG than a compliment to you :wink: ).

Dunno about your balls, and hope never to be in a position to find out. :whistle:

spindr
1st-September-2006, 05:18 PM
But since I've never been to one of Paul's WCS classes (and so couldn't comment on them or him) I'm afraid that rules me out.
The experience is easily replicated -- find an empty room and a few others to share -- hang around for ~45 minutes, then get fed up and go home.

If you are lucky someone will have a phone conversation and announce that "He's five minutes away" -- this is usually after the first 25 minutes or so -- carry on waiting until at least the full 45 minutes have elapsed.

For double points, turn up to a workshop the same week and wait (again). Still, at least Paul did turn up to teach at MJC, well the second and third WCS classes anyway -- strangely, tho' advertised Cat didn't show till the evening. Surely, they wouldn't have simply assumed that she'd show up to teach?

SpinDr

Donna
1st-September-2006, 05:21 PM
The experience is easily replicated -- find an empty room and a few others to share -- hang around for ~45 minutes, then get fed up and go home.

If you are lucky someone will have a phone conversation and announce that "He's five minutes away" -- this is usually after the first 25 minutes or so -- carry on waiting until at least the full 45 minutes have elapsed.

For double points, turn up to a workshop the same week and wait (again). Still, at least Paul did turn up to teach at MJC, well the second and third WCS classes anyway -- strangely, tho' advertised Cat didn't show till the evening. Surely, they wouldn't have simply assumed that she'd show up to teach?

SpinDr

ah ha.. it's you! :D Because as soon as GAG logged off, you logged on and come up with this.

Tazmanian Devil
1st-September-2006, 05:30 PM
ah ha.. it's you! :D Because as soon as GAG logged off, you logged on and come up with this.

You cannot go by peoples logging off and on times hun, as there is a delay in the logging out time. I noticed this when I started sharing a computer with thewacko some time ago I/He would log off and the other on but we would still be logged in on the main screen. :flower:

Msfab
1st-September-2006, 05:36 PM
Still, at least Paul did turn up to teach at MJC, well the second and third WCS classes anyway -- strangely, tho' advertised Cat didn't show till the evening. Surely, they wouldn't have simply assumed that she'd show up to teach?

I know that sheepman was down for DJing at MJC but he was never asked/told. The flyer was copied from last years event. I suspect this is what happened with Cat too.

Lou
1st-September-2006, 08:02 PM
Oooh, a thread summary!
I can't help wondering if Barry gets annoyed with these....

"Previously, on the Scottish Forum...."

Let him be the Forum Scarlet Pimple (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/b/blakeney.htm) :whistle: for all of us to guess his identity :yeah:
:yeah: I totally agree with you Minnie.

But if I were a betting man, I'd put money on his first name being David.

Can anybody think of a male dancer, in his 30's or 40's who dances in the most popular venues in the London area, does WCS (and has also been on the same WCS workshops as themselves) who's postings on here has a similar tone to those under his registered name?
Wish I'd thought of that! :rofl:

(Loveya really, Donna! :hug: )

SilverFox
1st-September-2006, 08:10 PM
I so wish I had the balls (and the wit) to post half of what Get a Grip has. But since I've never been to one of Paul's WCS classes (and so couldn't comment on them or him) I'm afraid that rules me out.Ditto.

Hang on! Ditto except the bit about balls. :D

Think... silverfox, hasn't been on all day. He logged on around 10.20?Not even close Donna. I can usually get away with quite a lot by just being me. :devil:

Everytime I've teased or provoked you I've done so in my name. Why would I want to go undercover to do it, it's far too much fun as it is. :clap: :blush:

Amir
1st-September-2006, 10:38 PM
-- strangely, tho' advertised Cat didn't show till the evening. Surely, they wouldn't have simply assumed that she'd show up to teach?

As I understand it, she had been booked to appear in the evening, not the day. I guess who ever made up the flier assumed she would be there during the day as well. A misunderstanding, I guess.

I was going to say something controversial too but, ah, you know, a criticism of the criticisms of the critics isn't a great word play, and um, alright, I know you are gaging for it (getit? GaGing for it? – oh never mind, just, I uh, look. oh bother.)

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 11:33 AM

SpinDr
LMFAO! Couldn't have put it better myself!

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 11:34 AM
As I understand it, she had been booked to appear in the evening, not the day. I guess who ever made up the flier assumed she would be there during the day as well. A misunderstanding, I guess.

I was going to say something controversial too but, ah, you know, a criticism of the criticisms of the critics isn't a great word play, and um, alright, I know you are gaging for it (getit? GaGing for it? – oh never mind, just, I uh, look. oh bother.)
Is Amir on drugs?? That last paragraph is way ou there...

Clive Long
2nd-September-2006, 11:35 AM
ok fair enough.

I like Donna's deductive approach.

* runs about screaming, waving hands in air *

Poll, poll, we need a poll! Where's DavidJames when you need him?

I have my idea, but Cruella thinks it's absurd. I'm not so dissuaded.

Minnie M
2nd-September-2006, 11:45 AM
.../details not necessary/...
You're back :clap: thought you had dediced to go.

What are your feelings on Tango ?? Are Tango dancers going down the same road at the Westies ??

what does "LMFAO" mean please :innocent:

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 11:50 AM
You're back :clap: thought you had dediced to go.

What are your feelings on Tango ?? Are Tango dancers going down the same road at the Westies ??

what does "LMFAO" mean please :innocent:
Couldn't resist.... Now don't try and engage me in a sensible conversation Ms. M it won't work!

However.... Tango is what you do when you have lost all your teeth, it's really the only dance style that allows you to keep your dentures in whilst going at full tilt.

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-September-2006, 12:13 PM
Tango is what you do when you have lost all your teeth, it's really the only dance style that allows you to keep your dentures in whilst going at full tilt.I knew there was a reason DavidJames has moved over from Salsa. (I'm not saying a word about Clive. I have learnt my lesson.)

WittyBird
2nd-September-2006, 12:23 PM
I knew there was a reason DavidJames has moved over from Salsa. (I'm not saying a word about Clive. I have learnt my lesson.)

Stop it, it's to early to be losing ribs from LMFAO :rofl:

Cruella
2nd-September-2006, 12:30 PM

LMFAO! Couldn't have put it better myself!

Oh look, the Troll is obviously Wittybird, as they both used the same abbreviation. :rolleyes:

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 12:30 PM
Surely if you LMFAO you would be losing your ARSSSSSE wouldn't you, not your ribs?

Lynn
2nd-September-2006, 12:31 PM
However.... Tango is what you do when you have lost all your teeth, it's really the only dance style that allows you to keep your dentures in whilst going at full tilt.No, that's just because it takes so long to learn how to dance AT really well. :rofl:

Can't work out if you know something about AT and are making a pun on the 'tilt' or if you have no idea what you're on about and are bluffing!

Clive Long
2nd-September-2006, 12:32 PM
<< snap >>

Going down the road?

We laid the tarmac, painted the lines and built the fly-over darling.

Line of dance, line of dance! Goodness! Some people!

Wedge

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh look, the Troll is obviously Wittybird, as they both used the same abbreviation. :rolleyes:
I'm deeply hurt Cruella - you've never called me a Troll before...

You were one of the one's who appeared to refuse to cast the first stone and now look at you - shame on you.

WittyBird
2nd-September-2006, 12:35 PM

Ok ok you got me :really:

Surely if you LMFAO you would be losing your ARSSSSSE wouldn't you, not your ribs?

Been trying to lose my ar$e for years, purely a technicality dearie :rolleyes:

Minnie M
2nd-September-2006, 12:37 PM
Ah.......... yet another clue LMFAO .... worked out what it means now and it not an expression most of us would use - narrows it down lots :whistle:

Cruella
2nd-September-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm deeply hurt Cruella - you've never called me a Troll before...

You were one of the one's who appeared to refuse to cast the first stone and now look at you - shame on you.

So sorry, please beg my forgiveness! What would you like me to call you then?:wink:

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 12:43 PM
No, that's just because it takes so long to learn how to dance AT really well. :rofl:

Can't work out if you know something about AT and are making a pun on the 'tilt' or if you have no idea what you're on about and are bluffing!
Come now - if I can't cause offence with my posts I do try to make them a little more than one dimensional. You'll be saying that I think 'Ocho!' is the sound of someone sneezing next...

WittyBird
2nd-September-2006, 12:44 PM
So sorry, please beg my forgiveness! What would you like me to call you then?:wink:

*gags self and returns to cupboard*

Get a grip
2nd-September-2006, 12:44 PM
Big Boy would be good - goes with the Get a grip...

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-September-2006, 12:50 PM
Big Boy would be good - goes with the Get a grip...

:rofl: :rofl: LMFAO :rofl: :rofl:

Glad you decided to come back :clap:

Lynn
2nd-September-2006, 12:52 PM
Come now - if I can't cause offence with my posts I do try to make them a little more than one dimensional. You'll be saying that I think 'Ocho!' is the sound of someone sneezing next...No, I just think with AT you sound more like you're tilting at windmills...

Minnie M
2nd-September-2006, 12:59 PM
No, I just think with AT you sound more like you're tilting at windmills...

What's with these 'IN' jokes :whistle:

David Bailey
2nd-September-2006, 01:24 PM
I like Donna's deductive approach.
Yes, narrows it down to, oooh... 5 - 600 ?

Poll, poll, we need a poll! Where's DavidJames when you need him?
Here - and we really don't need a "Who is GaG" poll, I can see the "Why wasn't I included" arguments already :rolleyes:

However.... Tango is what you do when you have lost all your teeth, it's really the only dance style that allows you to keep your dentures in whilst going at full tilt.
So true. I only want to do Tango because us old guys can look good whilst dancing with younger women. :grin:

I knew there was a reason DavidJames has moved over from Salsa.
Nah - actually, it was the music. I was starting to like salsa music (after 10 years), so I decided to find a dance with more annoying music than salsa. Believe me, it wasn't easy.

Clive Long
2nd-September-2006, 06:11 PM
*gags self and returns to cupboard*

gags self :what: - oooh, now I know what you mean. :blush:

Sorry, I was having a CJ moment there Witty. :devil:

CRL

Clive Long
2nd-September-2006, 06:15 PM
What's with these 'IN' jokes :whistle:
Minnie. Tango is so snooty we don't even understand our own jokes let alone anyone else's.

It's a game isn't it?

Magic Hans
3rd-September-2006, 08:39 PM
Well ... that's a thread and a half!!!

I'm quite aware that I can provoke reaction/response, but this takes the biscuit!! And, as has been previously mentioned, certainly created lots of forum activity in such a short time.

I'm not sure about the ethnics of (explicitly) naming though. I did once, and wouldn't again.

However, for a ploy to get someone involved and onto the forum, clearly effective!!

Take care ... Ian

David Bailey
3rd-September-2006, 09:03 PM
Damnit, I'm gutted - those nasty administrators removed a thread just as I was about to post a reply to it.

Oh well, the relevant part of the thread was

Paul Warden will be visiting Swindon to teach a class early on
As the saying goes:

:gags self:

Lou
4th-September-2006, 09:48 AM
Damnit, I'm gutted - those nasty administrators removed a thread just as I was about to post a reply to it.

Am confused. :confused: I could see why Maddy's original thread on the subject was deleted, but why Marty's?

How come any posts about events in the South East stay, but any mention of anything elsewhere in the country is immediately deleted? I'll tell you why! It's the bloody SE Mafia! That's who! They run this forum now. :rolleyes:

(And I bet they run The Ten now, too)

spindr
4th-September-2006, 11:24 AM
Am confused. :confused: I could see why Maddy's original thread on the subject was deleted, but why Marty's?

How come any posts about events in the South East stay, but any mention of anything elsewhere in the country is immediately deleted? I'll tell you why! It's the bloody SE Mafia! That's who! They run this forum now. :rolleyes:
Isn't it obvious -- GaG must be a moderator :devil:

SpinDr

Get a grip
4th-September-2006, 11:28 AM

SpinDr
Steady.... Mafia maybe, moderator def not!

straycat
4th-September-2006, 11:52 AM
So Ser Grippy ruined kir grand exit by re-posting? Worth reading at all, or should I keep it on ignore? :waycool:

El Salsero Gringo
4th-September-2006, 12:03 PM

SpinDrThe smart money's on Franck at the moment

Lou
4th-September-2006, 12:07 PM
or should I keep it on ignore? :waycool:

I think it's probably best if you do.

Get a grip
4th-September-2006, 12:47 PM
So Ser Grippy ruined kir grand exit by re-posting? Worth reading at all, or should I keep it on ignore? :waycool:
Yeah, I would SC I've got you on ignore so it only seems fair.. However, I am the spelling monitor too so can't ignore your inability to string more than five correctly spelt words together into a coherent sentence.

On that score, what's a 'kir' grand exit?? Is that where you go out in a froth of cassis and sparkling wine?

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 01:00 PM
Sorry, I was having a CJ moment there Witty. :devil:

Yes I can see that :what:

Daisy Chain
4th-September-2006, 08:07 PM
While at Beach Boogie we had a guy do a morris dance for us mmmmmm no comment .....

So you've never worn bells and participated in horizontal morris in a packed country pub? You haven't lived...

I was a blissfully happy hanky waving, stick bashing, sling twirling morris dancer for 15 years before I came across a Ceroc flyer at my local cajun club and was saved.

Daisy

(A Converted Little Flower)

David Bailey
4th-September-2006, 08:24 PM
It's a mystery.

(And I bet they run The Ten now, too)
Ethel lives in Finchley, you know. :)

Clive Long
4th-September-2006, 08:27 PM
Gawd dang. You promised never to repeat that. Traitor, back-slider salsa-dancer.

David Bailey
4th-September-2006, 08:32 PM
Gawd dang. You promised never to repeat that.
Hey, I've narrowed it down to 500,000 suspects. The Great Ethel will still be invisible to walk amongst us.

But OK, I'll say 10 Hail Ethel's in contrition. :worthy:

Traitor, back-slider salsa-dancer.
"back-slider salsa-dancer"? Is that like moonwalking?

Lou
4th-September-2006, 10:45 PM

Ahhhh! I thought I saw her walking the dog in Borehamwood...

straycat
5th-September-2006, 08:30 AM
On that score, what's a 'kir' grand exit?? Is that where you go out in a froth of cassis and sparkling wine?

Sounds like it... but I'm drinking very little alcohol at the moment.

In fact it was an obscure reference to a favourite book of mine - Golden Witchbreed, by Mary Gentle. In the book, for reasons that are irrelevant here, children are not referred to in any gender-specific way - the way that's dealt with in the book is to use 'ke' instead of 'he' or 'she', and 'kir' instead of 'his' or 'her'.

Lou
5th-September-2006, 09:09 AM
In fact it was an obscure reference to a favourite book of mine - Golden Witchbreed, by Mary Gentle.
I suppose that makes you a Gentle Reader, then?

David Bailey
5th-September-2006, 09:34 AM
Ahhhh! I thought I saw her walking the dog in Borehamwood...
Ethel the Dogger? :eek:
Blimey, my illusions are shattered... :tears:

tiger
30th-September-2006, 10:16 PM
Thats another thread David

David Bailey
1st-October-2006, 09:40 AM
So, are they? :devil:

TheTramp
1st-October-2006, 09:42 AM
So, are they? :devil:

Of course not. It's people who do AT all the way for me! :flower: