PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Champs Intermediate Partner Wanted...

Patrick
30th-August-2006, 07:29 PM
Any one still looking for an intermediates partner in Edinburgh next weekend? None of my usual partners is able/willing to travel so far (I'm in Somerset). A lady would be the natural choice, but I am an equal opportunties dancer, so gender, age, size etc not really an issue.

However, for some idea of compatability, I've been Cerocing for 1 year intensively, and had fun in 2 comps recently. Quarter finals at WSM. Limited latin/fancy footwork, but fast spins, walks, drops, blues, smooth moves and baby aerials coming along nicely. Drops and lifts by agreement of course. I'm 5'7", 10.5 stone, no beer belly. None smoker. If u r in the south, maybe chance 2 meet b4 comp. Will be at Oxford Sat, Ashtons Sun. Otherwise lets have a spin on the Friday b4 and see if it works!

PM me if interested.

Patrick :flower:

Wonder woman
31st-August-2006, 02:46 AM
:flower: Hi Patrick. I just saw your post and thought at last a partner for me. Yipeee!!!. Unfortunately i am in fife and dance in Edinburgh. I am desperate to dance at competition next weekend. I am going to the dance the night before and going to class in Edinburgh Thursday night. If you cannot find a partner by then and still want to compete, I will dance with you. I have been dancing for three years on and off. I have managed to get to two finals so far.. I am ok with dips and drops. Good luck see you there.:cheers:

marty_baby
31st-August-2006, 10:31 AM
wow.... don't ask, don't get!....

Dancing with "wonder woman" now? :na:

...wonder if she wears the little outfit.... :whistle: :rofl:

Patrick
31st-August-2006, 11:17 AM
:flower: Hi Patrick. I just saw your post and thought at last a partner for me. Yipeee!!!. Unfortunately i am in fife and dance in Edinburgh. I am desperate to dance at competition next weekend. I am going to the dance the night before and going to class in Edinburgh Thursday night. If you cannot find a partner by then and still want to compete, I will dance with you. I have been dancing for three years on and off. I have managed to get to two finals so far.. I am ok with dips and drops. Good luck see you there.:cheers:

Thanks for the sensible reply! :respect: Have sent you a PM (personal message). Reply here if it didn't work and I'll try it again. Hope to meet you Thursday night, will prob fly up that morning.

I wonder if all newcomers receive the same 'warm' welcome on the forum that we have in our first few days?! :rolleyes: Lets ignore them. Or maybe not... :devil:

All the best

marty_baby
31st-August-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the sensible reply! :respect: Have sent you a PM (personal message). Reply here if it didn't work and I'll try it again. Hope to meet you Thursday night, will prob fly up that morning.

I wonder if all newcomers receive the same 'warm' welcome on the forum that we have in our first few days?! :rolleyes: Lets ignore them. Or maybe not... :devil:

All the best

Woah there pardre!... no need to be super serious and prickly..... just trying to be friendly.....

I suggest if you only want serious replies - state it in your opening post..... jeeeezzzzz I'm sorry now for replying to your post!

Patrick
31st-August-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Marty

OK no prob! I managed to get the **** taken for posting a first test message, and I don't think Wonder Woman had much more luck with her first posts!

marty_baby
31st-August-2006, 02:23 PM
cool....

...thinking about it - When I 1st joined this forum - I got a roasting as well! :rofl:

I was asking, seriously, about choice of shoe sole... (very interesting...)

man.... I was sent off to S&M sites and all sorts - for ideas of what shoes to buy etc!.... and I had another guy demanding I shut up - and read previous threads.... which were about trainers (?!?!!?)

Join the club Patrick :na:

clevedonboy
31st-August-2006, 02:41 PM
cool....

...thinking about it - When I 1st joined this forum - I got a roasting as well! :rofl:

Who said it's time to let you off the hook

Marty learning Shag -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40087000/jpg/_40087392_gurn203.jpg

Scot
31st-August-2006, 03:02 PM

If you guys are up for this let me know I think its great hope you Win

:respect:

Lou
31st-August-2006, 03:25 PM
OK no prob! I managed to get the **** taken for posting a first test message,

Ach! :D It was a quiet day. And most of us were being helpful. :na:

And it's a little known fact, but Marty did buy a pair of those interesting shoes we showed him. I know. I've seen him wear them. :wink:

Welcome to the Forum, Patrick. :flower:

Lory
31st-August-2006, 03:52 PM
However, for some idea of compatability, ~snip~ I'm 5'7", 10.5 stone, no beer belly. None smoker.

PM me if interested.

Have you got all your own teeth? :D

I wonder if all newcomers receive the same 'warm' welcome on the forum that we have in our first few days?! :rolleyes: Don't take any notice of us! :hug:

Welcome to the forum Patrick :cheers:

marty_baby
31st-August-2006, 03:52 PM
hey, woah woah! :rofl:

1. I did not look look that in that when I concentrate! I normally just look up at the ceiling! :rofl:

2. Shoes? What shoes??? :na:

....hhhmm... wheres that button on the keyboard to reverse time? :cheers:

Patrick
31st-August-2006, 04:22 PM
If you guys are up for this let me know I think its great hope you Win

:respect:

Now that's what I call a welcome! :clap: Thank you Scot. Wonder Woman and I are having a chat later, let u know how it goes. It's great to find someone so enthusiastic! :grin:

Patrick :cheers:

Patrick
1st-September-2006, 01:32 AM
Have you got all your own teeth? :D

Don't take any notice of us! :hug:

Welcome to the forum Patrick :cheers:

Funny u should say that, I very nearly went on to say 'have all my own teeth, make my own frocks' etc... Fortunately I pressed the button first.

Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth anyway! Thanks for the welcome. The forum seems to have worked for us already. :clap:

Wonder woman
1st-September-2006, 01:19 PM
wow.... don't ask, don't get!....

Dancing with "wonder woman" now? :na:

...wonder if she wears the little outfit.... :whistle: :rofl:

No . I don't have the outfit.... Were you wanting to borrow it???

Wonder woman
1st-September-2006, 01:22 PM
I can't wait .Thanks Patrick Looking forward to meeting and dancing with you. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

marty_baby
1st-September-2006, 02:32 PM

Touche! :hug:

Best wishes
Martin :wink:

PS:
Good luck for the Competition - hope you both have a fab time! :cheers:

Patrick
1st-September-2006, 10:02 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :respect: I like your style!

I'm relieved I won't have to wear my underpants over my trousers for the competition then... :eek:

Patrick
1st-September-2006, 10:23 PM
Touche! :hug:

Best wishes
Martin :wink:

PS:
Good luck for the Competition - hope you both have a fab time! :cheers:

Thanks Marty, I feel sure we will. :grin: Sorry you won't be at the Scottish Champs, but it will be a relief not to be competing against you for the first time... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

See you at Britrock!

Patrick
1st-September-2006, 10:35 PM
I can't wait .Thanks Patrick Looking forward to meeting and dancing with you. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

:yeah: Me too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

My flights are booked :waycool: , our comp entry is in :D .

Thank you.
Patrick :flower: :flower: :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2006, 12:38 PM
See the forum is not totally evil* - it brought Patrick and Wonder Woman together for the Scottish Competition and they looked good too. Especially wonderwoman :) (sorry Patrick ;) )

* DavidJames excepted

Patrick
12th-September-2006, 02:53 PM
See the forum is not totally evil* - it brought Patrick and Wonder Woman together for the Scottish Competition and they looked good too. Especially wonderwoman :) (sorry Patrick ;)

* DavidJames excepted

Hi DS

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you! Tho' when I admit I'm a bit crap, it sounds OK... when someone else says it, it kinda hurts... :tears: :tears: :tears: (Paraphrasing line from film 'Analyse This')

Do I get the feeling your letting me off quite lightly? :wink:

It was like having the chance to drive a Ferrari for the day with only a provisional licence... At least we didn't crash. But yes, the forum gave me a great opportunity in meeting Wonder woman, more than I could have reasonably expected. Only my 3rd comp, never had more than a few hours practice with my partners, so I'm pleased to reach the semifinal. Of course WW could have won with a more experienced partner! :worthy:

Patrick

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2006, 04:15 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, thank you! Tho' when I admit I'm a bit crap,

I'm certainly not calling you crap :) Its not as if you were competing with a bunch of lightweights - the standard was very good.

Not at all - I could specifically but constructively criticise , but you are not claiming to be perfect so I'm sure you already know areas of your dancing you could improve, as do we all :). I do know wonderwoman quite well and her practice since blackpool really shows.

It was like having the chance to drive a Ferrari for the day

how could any woman not be flattered by that :)

Patrick
12th-September-2006, 04:52 PM
I could specifically but constructively criticise , but you are not claiming to be perfect so I'm sure you already know areas of your dancing you could improve, as do we all :).

Thank you DS. As you may have noticed ;) I am a rather sensitive soul! That's what years of actual criticism can do. Getting past the 2 left feet stage in the past 12 months is the most challenging thing I've done in my life, never thought I would be able to dance, ever. As I am rather shy, I will send you a PM now... :flower:

Patrick

Wonder woman
13th-September-2006, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Dreadful Scathe;278581]See the forum is not totally evil* - it brought Patrick and Wonder Woman together for the Scottish Competition and they looked good too. Especially wonderwoman :) (sorry Patrick ;) )
Thanks for the compliment. :respect: That was kind of you to say as it's very difficult to know what you look like together when you are dancing with someone new and having as little practice as we did.. I wish the forum had a list of dancers wanting partners though for to compete with,stating which catergory and age range of the person that you want to compete with. Or is there such a list and it's just that I haven't found it yet?

Wonder woman
13th-September-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi DS

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you! Tho' when I admit I'm a bit crap, it sounds OK... when someone else says it, it kinda hurts... :tears: :tears: :tears: (Paraphrasing line from film 'Analyse This')

It was like having the chance to drive a Ferrari for the day with only a provisional licence... At least we didn't crash. But yes, the forum gave me a great opportunity in meeting Wonder woman, more than I could have reasonably expected. Only my 3rd comp, never had more than a few hours practice with my partners, so I'm pleased to reach the semifinal. Of course WW could have won with a more experienced partner! :worthy:

Patrick
Thanks Patrick for the compliment and for dancing with me on the day. You put in a good effort.. Considering the short time we had to practice. Well done. Good luck at next comp with your regular partner.

Donna
13th-September-2006, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=Dreadful Scathe;278581]See the forum is not totally evil* - it brought Patrick and Wonder Woman together for the Scottish Competition and they looked good too. Especially wonderwoman :) (sorry Patrick ;) )
Thanks for the compliment. :respect: That was kind of you to say as it's very difficult to know what you look like together when you are dancing with someone new and having as little practice as we did.. I wish the forum had a list of dancers wanting partners though for to compete with,stating which catergory and age range of the person that you want to compete with. Or is there such a list and it's just that I haven't found it yet?

Now.... there's an idea!!!! :clap: Franck?! we're for art thou Franck?! :grin:

Wonder woman
13th-September-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi DS

It was like having the chance to drive a Ferrari for the day with only a provisional licence... At least we didn't crash.very good.

Not at all - I could specifically but constructively criticise , but you are not claiming to be perfect so I'm sure you already know areas of your dancing well and her practice since blackpool really shows.

how could any woman not be flattered by that :)

:flower: Thanks guys for all the compliments:respect: but there is a lot of room for improvement on my part that can only come by dancing with a regular partner which I unfortunately lack. Dancing at Blackpool was the first time of dancing since my injury last year. As my leg gets stronger hopfully my dancing will improve too. So anyone out there would like to compete next year just let me know.:cheers: