PDA

View Full Version : Rep comment bug

Clive Long
30th-August-2006, 01:17 PM
When I write rep comment that exceeds the small window that is displayed in the pop-up window, I can't scroll back to the beginning of the text. The comment is sent in full, but I can't check for spelling mistakes at the beginning of my comment.

Cruella
30th-August-2006, 01:23 PM
When I write rep comment that exceeds the small window that is displayed in the pop-up window, I can't scroll back to the beginning of the text. The comment is sent in full, but I can't check for spelling mistakes at the beginning of my comment.

So make sure you spell it correctly as you type then!

Lynn
30th-August-2006, 01:24 PM
When I write rep comment that exceeds the small window that is displayed in the pop-up window, I can't scroll back to the beginning of the text. The comment is sent in full, but I can't check for spelling mistakes at the beginning of my comment.Try highlighting the text with your mouse - you can then scroll back and forward along the line of text. Well I can anyway.

SilverFox
30th-August-2006, 01:26 PM
Just use your left arrow on the keyboard.

Lynn
30th-August-2006, 01:31 PM
Just use your left arrow on the keyboard.When I try that, it just scrolls to the edge of the currently visible text, not right back to the start. I presume this is also the problem Clive is having. You used to be able to scroll back like that, I'm not sure when there started being a prolem with it.

You can try sending me a nice long (positive!) rep comment to experiment if you want. :whistle:

foxylady
30th-August-2006, 05:57 PM
There appears to be another bug.

If I try and rep someone that I have repped too recently it no longer gives me an option to just add a nice comment, or even tell me to go away, it just does nothing...

Lee
30th-August-2006, 06:03 PM
Yer there is a bug, no one give me rep!!!

Lee

ducasi
30th-August-2006, 06:53 PM
Clive – try not using a buggy browser – it works OK for me on my Mac. ;)

Foxy, yeah, we found this bug/feature a few days ago – it's a bit of a pain. I think you can right-click on the rep button, and open the link in a new window – or maybe you can just copy it and you need to create a new window yourself... Dunno...

under par
31st-August-2006, 12:10 PM
Yer there is a bug, no one give me rep!!!

Lee

Yeah Lee having that problem too!

Since the changes no new rep for me either.

Must be broke eh!:whistle:

Lee
31st-August-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah Lee having that problem too!

Since the changes no new rep for me either.

Must be broke eh!:whistle:

Can everyone just try giving me some pos rep and I'll tell you if it works :wink:

Beowulf
31st-August-2006, 12:56 PM
nope I got rep earlier .. still working for me :whistle:

stewart38
1st-September-2006, 03:59 PM
can someone block you giving them rep ??

Lynn
1st-September-2006, 04:03 PM
can someone block you giving them rep ??I don't think so. But I tried to rep someone today, it just wouldn't work, no 'you cannot rep this person' message or anything. So I checked and I gave them rep a day or so ago, so I guess that was why.

So you Stewart, you need to rep a few more people :flower: :whistle: before you can rep the person you want to.

stewart38
1st-September-2006, 04:28 PM
I don't think so. But I tried to rep someone today, it just wouldn't work, no 'you cannot rep this person' message or anything. So I checked and I gave them rep a day or so ago, so I guess that was why.

So you Stewart, you need to rep a few more people :flower: :whistle: before you can rep the person you want to.

same happened to me , hope it gets fixed soon

Clive Long
3rd-September-2006, 08:33 PM
Rep box not poping up at all when I click the rep icon on a post.

Woss goin' on?

Lynn
3rd-September-2006, 09:32 PM
Rep box not poping up at all when I click the rep icon on a post.

Woss goin' on?Yes, its strange. You need to click on the rep icon, then when you move your mouse away a fraction, and back again, then the box pops up.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2006, 10:21 AM
um..it works perfectly for me - you click once it pops up you type stuff and can fully edit your entry!! so i dunno what you lot are doing :)

it does pop up a box if you try and give rep to the same post twice - but doesnt do anything if you try to rep the same person without "spreading it around a bit" first

Clive Long
4th-September-2006, 08:17 PM
um..it works perfectly for me - you click once it pops up you type stuff and can fully edit your entry!! so i dunno what you lot are doing :)

Completely unreliable for me :confused: - no pattern - the worst kind of bug

Clive Long
4th-September-2006, 08:22 PM
um..it works perfectly for me - you click once it pops up you type stuff and can fully edit your entry!! so i dunno what you lot are doing

Completely unreliable for me :confused: - no pattern - the worst kind of bug
Can you rep straycat for his "Dummies" post because rep no worky for me at the moment?

Wodge

Cruella
5th-September-2006, 08:17 AM
It seems to be just Wittybird i can't rep! :confused: Nothing happens at all when i click on her rep button but it does on others, strange.

Northants Girly
5th-September-2006, 10:29 AM
It seems to be just Wittybird i can't rep! :confused: Nothing happens at all when i click on her rep button but it does on others, strange.Have you given WB rep recently? You probably need to give rep to other people first.

We used to get a message asking us to "spread it around" or something when this happened but I don't think this happens anymore

Cruella
5th-September-2006, 04:42 PM
Have you given WB rep recently? You probably need to give rep to other people first.

We used to get a message asking us to "spread it around" or something when this happened but I don't think this happens anymore

I've just checked and i last repped her in June!

But i'm really stingy with my rep and have only repped 5 others since :blush: So i guess that explains why!