PDA

View Full Version : Which Dance area are you from?

Gus
28th-August-2006, 10:02 AM
Think we did this about 3 years ago, but I'm curious as to where Forumites are from, especially given that its looks like 90% of the posts seem to relate to the S East :wink:

Lynn
28th-August-2006, 10:35 AM
Think we did this about 3 years ago, but I'm curious as to where Forumites are from, especially given that its looks like 90% of the posts seem to relate to the S East :wink:Huh. 'Other' again. And we even have Ceroc here now.

*Stomps off in huff*

tsh
28th-August-2006, 11:00 AM
other - temporarily. and then I'm not sure which category the fens come into!

Lory
28th-August-2006, 11:11 AM
Huh. 'Other' again. And we even have Ceroc here now.

*Stomps off in huff*

Come back, i've amended it :flower:

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2006, 11:11 AM

Come back Lynn, seeing as you hadn't yet voted, I've added a NI option :hug:

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2006, 11:12 AM
Come back, i've amended it :flower:
Me too :rofl:

Lory
28th-August-2006, 11:12 AM
Come back Lynn, seeing as you hadn't yet voted, I've added a NI option :hug:

Oops, great minds! :waycool: :wink: :cheers:

Lynn
28th-August-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Lory and Tiggerbabe! :hug:

Now I need Drathzel to vote so I'm not the only one (and Jules205, Emerald and all those other NI dancers who lurk occasionally on here)!

ducasi
28th-August-2006, 01:00 PM
When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be a poll about which dance world you were from (i.e. what is/was your first/main dance before getting into MJ) – I didn't realise that dance had its own geography.

I'd do a poll on that question myself, but last time I tried something similar I got a minor roasting for missing out dances I'd forgotten. :blush:

Lynn
28th-August-2006, 01:36 PM
When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be a poll about which dance world you were from (i.e. what is/was your first/main dance before getting into MJ) Me too!

TheTramp
28th-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Is this where you're actually from, where you learnt to dance, where you normally dance, or where you're currently dancing at the moment??

I think I have 4 different answers... :rolleyes:

jacksondonut
28th-August-2006, 04:17 PM
Well... started in Milton Keynes originally... geography not my strong point so I wont vote unless someone says where Buckinghamshire is... :confused:

Tend to get around a bit more now tho:whistle: :wink: :yeah:

frodo
28th-August-2006, 07:39 PM
Well... started in Milton Keynes originally... geography not my strong point so I wont vote unless someone says where Buckinghamshire is... :confused:

Tend to get around a bit more now tho:whistle: :wink: :yeah:

I'd have thought the band of Basingstoke, Newbury, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge, Colchester would definitely be South East.

Perhaps Swindon / Northampton and the South Coast / South East boundary are more questionable.

DJ Andy
28th-August-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd have thought the band of Basingstoke, Newbury, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge, Colchester would definitely be South East.

Perhaps Swindon / Northampton and the South Coast / South East boundary are more questionable.

Local BBC TV news programme "South Today" covers news from not only Bournemouth,Portsmouth, and Brighton but also Oxford!
How does that work?!:what:

Yogi_Bear
28th-August-2006, 11:41 PM
Could somebody add East Anglia to the list? No, we aren't East Midlands and we aren't South East. I suppose we could be Other :rolleyes: Funnyhow we always seem to be the forgotten region.

frodo
29th-August-2006, 12:15 AM
Local BBC TV news programme "South Today" covers news from not only Bournemouth,Portsmouth, and Brighton but also Oxford!
I guess places in the middle are just awkward - the government parcelled up England this way ( http://www.gos.gov.uk/regionFinder ).

John S
29th-August-2006, 10:03 AM
Is this where you're actually from, where you learnt to dance, where you normally dance, or where you're currently dancing at the moment??

Is this .............. where you're currently dancing at the moment??

You can actually answer that while typing at the keyboard? Now that's REALLY impressive!:respect: What the hell are you using???????:eek:

WittyBird
29th-August-2006, 10:34 AM
Could somebody add East Anglia to the list?

Isn't that abroad somewhere? :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
29th-August-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it might as well be :whistle:

Stuart M
29th-August-2006, 12:01 PM

Geographically, everywhere South of Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom) should be referred to as "The South". So that program should be broadcast to Birmingham as well.

Wonder where the population-weighted centre is?

straycat
29th-August-2006, 01:05 PM

Aye - but do you have dancing? :devil: :whistle:

Stray It's nice on my planet

Lynn
29th-August-2006, 01:11 PM
Aye - but do you have dancing? :devil: :whistle: :rolleyes:

I meant (Mr Sarky) that we now have proper weekly classes etc. Instead of just me running the monthly 'mini freestyles' and dragging people on weekenders.

OK, I still drag people on weekenders. :D

Baruch
29th-August-2006, 03:58 PM
Geographically, everywhere South of Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom) should be referred to as "The South".
How should those who aren't interested in wearing pendants refer to it?

Stuart M
29th-August-2006, 04:52 PM
Depends on whether it's a crystal pendant or not...ask BS for a second opinion.

straycat
29th-August-2006, 04:52 PM

They probably wouldn't be able to find it :whistle:

Lucy Locket
3rd-September-2006, 12:48 PM
Geography not my stongest subject. Had to check out where my fellow dancers had put themselves so I could add myself. :whistle: :whistle:

Trousers
11th-September-2006, 04:57 PM

Awwwww Wittster you know that broads called Easy Angela not East Anglia just leave her alone will ya. She's a good :wink: girl she is!

Paul F
28th-September-2006, 09:19 PM
Have read through the posts but still dont know what the question relates to.

I was born and bred in the North West. Started dancing in the North West. Competed for the North East counties, lived in East Anglia for 2 years and now dancing in South East.

As with Trampy I have about 4 answers :confused:

I see the West of England isnt on there. Could that be because its a desolate wasteland of nothingness? :blush:

Sorry to anyone who may be from the Shropshire/Gloucestershire region :flower:

Whitebeard
28th-September-2006, 10:24 PM

Gloucestershire likes to see itself as belonging to the South West.

Debster
29th-September-2006, 07:35 AM

Ditto - spanning 3 countries :wink:

frodo
2nd-October-2006, 01:03 AM
Have read through the posts but still dont know what the question relates to...Ditto - spanning 3 countries :wink:
While the thread title is ambiguous the poll question itself isn't.

Jhutch
13th-October-2006, 12:28 AM
I was born and bred in the North West.

I see the West of England isnt on there. Could that be because its a desolate wasteland of nothingness? :blush:

Well i was born and bred in shropshire and i always believed this was safely in the Midlands:blush: :yum: (unless you are suggesting that the 'Welsh Borders' should be a sub-division?:innocent: :wink: :grin:

Mezzosoprano
4th-April-2007, 12:54 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is hilarious - the guys from down south are getting upset because there aren't enough counties mentioned or are in the wrong "area".... Scotland's just divided in two!:tears: - central belt or elsewhere.... I'm sorry but some of us are very territorial and I'm more likely to associate myself with the Highland's than Aberdeenshire, Perthshire etc. etc. etc and we didn't get the option to be as closely quantified as you folks down south (not that I don't love Aberdeenshire etc )

Think you guys have got nothing to worry about:flower:

Astro
5th-April-2007, 01:32 PM
Scotland's just divided in two!:tears: - central belt or elsewhere.... I'm sorry but some of us are very territorial and I'm more likely to associate myself with the Highland's than Aberdeenshire, Perthshire etc. etc. etc and we didn't get the option to be as closely quantified as you folks down south (not that I don't love Aberdeenshire etc )

Where is the central belt in Scotland?:confused:

Yogi_Bear
5th-April-2007, 01:35 PM

Holding up Franck's trousers....:D

Gadget
6th-April-2007, 01:11 PM
Runs in a line from Glasgow to Edinburgh going up to Stirling in the middle: basically where about 80-90% of the Scottish population live.

Caz
15th-June-2007, 07:42 AM
Where is Yorkshire! I know there isn't many of us but :tears:

Raul
15th-June-2007, 10:54 AM
While the thread title is ambiguous the poll question itself isn't.

:yeah:

The poll asks "Where are you based"

This narrows the answer a bit for Trampy, Katie R and Paul F.

I would add the words "at the moment" to the question. Mind you we could still get some pretty unusual answers -
Cloud Cuckoo Land, Up with the Fairies, Smurfland, In my own mind where I am a Legend.

Spiky Steve
15th-June-2007, 03:46 PM

Mine would be slightly different as I could also add where I would like to be dancing at the moment.
:nice:

Gav
15th-June-2007, 05:20 PM
Where is Yorkshire!

North of Nottinghamshire, South of Durham. :wink:

Surprised you didn't already know that :na: :D

Gus
15th-June-2007, 06:38 PM
There are HUNDREDS of you (Leeds has about 4 clubs on its own) ....and I sort of lumped it in N East when I put this together all those many years ago. Is tis not right? :confused:

rubyred
15th-June-2007, 07:17 PM
Am I having a senior moment???:confused: I don't remember voting on this thread but my name is already in the North West section. Oh dear perhaps I am overdoing things, well back to my own little world then...I do love travelling to other venues and have obviously so many more to go to and hopefully many more formurites to dance with by the looks of it. Can't wait and hope you will all have a dance with me in my travels.:flower:

Astro
16th-June-2007, 08:36 PM

I was born in North Yorkshire and grew up near Scarborough, moved to London when I was 16, but class myself as a Northerner.

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 07:59 AM
:whistle: hmmmmm this is tricky:confused: well i didnt do any dancing with Dad at biggleswade or bedford. I did try a latin line dance class at Baldock and it was DIRE!:angry: I went to Rockbottoms and started dancing and then after the easter holidays i went to St Albans and i was hooked from then on! :grin: it has the best teachers Mick and Jo!:respect: They do really fun and easy classes:na: and the best dj ever lol JON BRETT!:wink: i have great dances there and its great music and sometimes we go for a curry with mick and jo and jon.:D I'm ok being the youngster there but i have been trying 2 teach a couple of my friends (both boys) who i think have great potential and they've said they might come along to st albans which wil b cool coz at the moment all the people there are at least over 30 lol:devil:

Caz
18th-June-2007, 07:39 AM
There are HUNDREDS of you (Leeds has about 4 clubs on its own) ....and I sort of lumped it in N East when I put this together all those many years ago. Is tis not right? :confused:

ah.. maybe i am just being blonde and don't know which box to tick then :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl:

Jamie
18th-June-2007, 03:53 PM
ah.. maybe i am just being blonde and don't know which box to tick then :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl:

Well surely you should check the results, see where my name is then vote accordingly? :rolleyes:

Caz
19th-June-2007, 01:07 PM
Well surely you should check the results, see where my name is then vote accordingly? :rolleyes:

but that would require logic :rolleyes:

u know me :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-December-2007, 10:41 AM
wouldnt it be better to use this one rather than steven666 geographically challanged one ? ;)