PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried The Engine Shed at Wetherby?

littlewiggle
27th-August-2006, 02:51 PM
Any idea what The Engine Shed in Wetherby is like? I notice they have a freestyle tonight.

ChrisU
27th-August-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi Nice dance floor and nice crowd. Will be DJing myself tonight.

Maybe see you there

ChrisU:wink:

Cruella
27th-August-2006, 04:54 PM
I used to go there years ago when i lived 'oop North'. Nice venue, friendly crowd but always used to be far too packed for a comfortable dance. But that was a while ago so it may be more restricted on the numbers by now.

Paul F
27th-August-2006, 06:52 PM
Lovely venue. Much 'nicer round the edges' than most of the venues we get down here.
Does get really packed though. Not the biggest of dance floors.

Yogi_Bear
27th-August-2006, 08:19 PM
I've been there a couple of times. I agree, quite a pleasant venue, good for hanging around and watching and equally good for dancing. Music average. If you're in the area anyway there probably isn't going to be anything else that has the edge on a Friday night.

littlewiggle
27th-August-2006, 09:09 PM
Ooh thanks guys - it definitely sounds like it's worth a visit. Didn't make tonight as some friends popped round and made my mind up for me! Sounds promising though so hope to catch a freestyle there soon.

ChrisU
28th-August-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi all. We had a good night at the Shed last night. Only about 35 but some great dancers and the chance to try out some tunes I wouldn't normally play on a class night.

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed. I enjoyed playing for you. Also thanks to all those who came over after I played Stockport Friday.

Regards and see you again soon

DJ ChrisU

Gus
28th-August-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi all. We had a good night at the Shed last night. Only about 35 Good grief. The two times I've been there previously there seemed to be nearer 200 people. Take its the Bank Holiday weekend? Real nice venue.

ChrisU
28th-August-2006, 11:05 AM
We are only just starting sundays. second and fourth sunday of the month. Very relaxed night with not too crowded dance floor. The twice monthly Fridays get very busy.

DJ ChrisU:wink:

littlewiggle
28th-August-2006, 11:10 AM
:nice:
We are only just starting sundays. second and fourth sunday of the month. Very relaxed night with not too crowded dance floor. The twice monthly Fridays get very busy.

DJ ChrisU:wink:

Ooh cool - keep me posted Chris - will definitely make the effort to come along.

Met a couple of ladies ages ago at a Doncaster Freestyle, Jan & Jackie (not sure if you know them Chris) - they said they went regularly to The Engine Shed and that it has more of a clubby atmosphere - sounds better than a fogey village hall or boy scout hut!!

ChrisU
28th-August-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi. The shed is a dance club but mainly partner dancing. So MJ, Salsa and even Ballroom nights. Sat night is straight over 30's Disco but we get a few MJers and Rock and rollers in and try to cater for them as much as possible.

We had some lovely Doncaster ladies in last night.

DJ Chris U:wink: