PDA

View Full Version : BUS: Scotland to 'Beach Boogie'

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
26th-April-2003, 06:58 PM
If anyone is planning to go to Beach Boogie on the Isle of Wight this summer, there is a bus going from Edinburgh (and why not Glasgow?). More information is here (http://boogie.webspace.fish.co.uk/boogiebus.htm)

Beach Boogie details are here (http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk)

Lindsay
28th-April-2003, 05:34 PM
Cheers 4 plug Baz...

15 people interested to date, should be a riot! We'll be going to Edin-Southampton, then getting ferry over to Isle of Wight. Beach Boogie have arranged transport for us at the other side.

Hope to get price finalised soon.
:waycool:

1st-May-2003, 07:09 PM
Is there a one-way option if I wanted to say stay on another week?

Lindsay
6th-May-2003, 04:24 PM
We're not sure yet- will post details asap

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
9th-May-2003, 10:30 AM
Please count me in for the bus! :D :D :D

Lindsay
26th-May-2003, 03:53 PM
Cost now confirmed...

A very reasonable £89 return, all the way from Edin to the Beach Boogie venue on the Isle of Wight.

Click on the bus on the BoogieNights homepage!

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
27th-May-2003, 10:11 AM
I priced flights and train, this is cheaper so I think I'll be there :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

31st-May-2003, 03:03 PM
'Splurge' no. 2 is a modern jive one, with hip hop, blues mainly. Thinking 'bout staying on for S3 but think one is as much as we can handle. :waycool:

Sarah B
2nd-June-2003, 01:45 PM
I've heard a lot about this Beach Boogie Dance Camp. Apparently the lessons and dancing are amazing.

Can you tell me where I can find out more details and if there are any spaces still available?

Also do you know if you have to go with a partner or not?

SwingSwingSwing
2nd-June-2003, 02:50 PM
Sarah B

The Beach Boogie website is at http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk

SwingSwingSwing

Originally posted by Sarah B
I've heard a lot about this Beach Boogie Dance Camp. Apparently the lessons and dancing are amazing.

Can you tell me where I can find out more details and if there are any spaces still available?

Also do you know if you have to go with a partner or not?

Dave Hancock
2nd-June-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Siobhan
I priced flights and train, this is cheaper so I think I'll be there :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Flying from where and who with???

SwingSwingSwing
2nd-June-2003, 03:06 PM
When I was at Beach Boogie (2001). We managed to train tickets, Edinburgh to Southampton, for £25 return.

There are probably similar deals out there.

SwingSwingSwing

9th-June-2003, 11:40 AM
OK- so I have taken the plunge and booked the bus! Will I live to regret this? Be gentle folks I'm only little- and can I sit at the front?

Sarah B- there are spaces still, and yes you can go alone!

Looking forward to it, hope to see you there!
:D :D :D

Lindsay
10th-June-2003, 09:22 AM
A-ha foxy- you've been rumbled!

:rofl:

Jiving John
10th-June-2003, 10:03 AM
Just been looking at your website, the Boogie Bus sounds a fantastic idea. It's a pity I live in Southampton as I think you'll have a real laugh all coming down together.

I've got some friends in Manchester who are going (altough not sure what Splurge). Are you thinking of stopping off on your way down as they may be interested in being picked up and joining in the fun!

Lindsay
13th-June-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Jiving John
I've got some friends in Manchester who are going (altough not sure what Splurge). Are you thinking of stopping off on your way down as they may be interested in being picked up and joining in the fun!

Hi John- unforunately not, we're going to go direct and as quick as poss., although what you suggested is a great idea and was in fact the original plan. We will have one big stop at a service station halfwaydown which might be a possibility to pick up- depends on the demand and how many book this end.

But they could still come up to Edinburgh and join us there!

16th-June-2003, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear there will be a stop on route. I will need to powder my nose etc.

I assume there will be bathroom facilities on board?

Lindsay
1st-July-2003, 10:39 AM
Might be a one way option for Brady's lot (who're going for 2 splurges...)

Will keep ya posted....