PDA

View Full Version : Venue Change for WCS Anniversary Party!

Amir
26th-August-2006, 02:52 PM
So many people have expressed interested in the Jack and Jill competition and the Anniversary party this coming Wednesday, that Cat has moved it to a bigger venue (for this week only.) Anyway, let as many people as possible know so we don't get people turning up at the wrong venue. The night will now be at York House, which is not far from Winchester Hall, has its own car park, and is close to Twickenham Rail (one stop down from St Margaret's Rail.)

Anyway, the address is:

Clarendon Hall
44 York Street
Twickenham
TW1 3BZ (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=51.4477&lon=-0.3258&scale=10000&icon=x)

See you there! (I'm not competing or judging by the way so no stamping on my feet or bribes thanks.)

Lory
26th-August-2006, 02:57 PM
Cat has moved it to a bigger venue (for this week only.) Phew! Good call!:worthy: :cheers:

See you there! (I'm not competing or judging by the way so no stamping on my feet or bribes thanks.)

Can't we stamp on them just for fun? :D

Mary
26th-August-2006, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a good call judging by the numbers who were there last week.

Crucial question. What's the parking like? I shall be coming straight from work which is somewhere down the M3.

M

Amir
26th-August-2006, 09:28 PM
There is a private car park free to us people using the hall.

Mary
27th-August-2006, 10:23 AM
There is a private car park free to us people using the hall.

Excellent news. Thanks.

M

jacksondonut
27th-August-2006, 04:37 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all there..:yeah:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

roll on Wednesday..:yeah:

tiger
27th-August-2006, 04:41 PM
thank you Amir for the these details.

Paul F
27th-August-2006, 06:53 PM
:tears: :tears:

Can we have a live feed to India :tears:

Shaz
28th-August-2006, 01:20 AM
So many people have expressed interested in the Jack and Jill competition and the Anniversary party this coming Wednesday, that Cat has moved it to a bigger venue (for this week only.) Anyway, let as many people as possible know so we don't get people turning up at the wrong venue. The night will now be at York House, which is not far from Winchester Hall, has its own car park, and is close to Twickenham Rail (one stop down from St Margaret's Rail.)

Anyway, the address is:

Clarendon Hall
44 York Street
Twickenham
TW1 3BZ (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=51.4477&lon=-0.3258&scale=10000&icon=x)

:confused: Isn't this blatant advertsing :really:

Amir
28th-August-2006, 01:48 PM

If you're looking for blatant advertising you should go to the Social Events section of the forum. Surely if you hide your advertising behind the pretense of a public service announcement it doesn't still count as blatant, does it?

Seriously though, If you know people are planning to go somewhere to the wrong venue, how can you let people know about it without advertising it (ie 'calling attention to it'). I thought about it, and decided it is the moderators job to decide what is allowed and not. They can always change my post later to match whatever criteria is now required.

For examples of blatant advertising please see my website. :cheers:

Mary
28th-August-2006, 08:25 PM

I'd call it providing a very useful public information service which may save a lot of frustration for some forumites maybe going to the wrong place. :flower:

Lory
28th-August-2006, 09:04 PM
I'd call it providing a very useful public information service which may save a lot of frustration for some forumites maybe going to the wrong place. :flower:

That's exactly how I saw it too ;)

The venue clearly changed 'after' last wednesday's class, which has left little chance to inform the people who'd already planned to go.

alex
28th-August-2006, 09:23 PM
can someone explain what is allowed and what is not allowed? some posts seem to get removed very quickly, but others remain, and even get linked to by moderators.

got to admit i preferred the old way of allowing everything. at one point this forum was a great way of finding out what was going on.

Shaz
29th-August-2006, 08:27 AM
Seriously though, If you know people are planning to go somewhere to the wrong venue, how can you let people know about it without advertising ............
:rolleyes: AFAIK there have been multiple emails to all and flyers :confused:

If you're looking for blatant advertising you should go to the Social Events section of the forum.
IMO This thread should have been started in the "Social" section :whistle: or maybe we should have an thread dedicated to "Where to go etc" :yeah:

can someone explain what is allowed and what is not allowed? some posts seem to get removed very quickly, but others remain, and even get linked to by moderators........

:yeah: very good points :flower: there does seem to be a rule for one and not for others :sad:

Minnie M
29th-August-2006, 03:03 PM
If you're looking for blatant advertising you should go to the Social Events section of the forum..........
Isn't that were they are supposed to be ???? and by paid up commerical operators ????

.........For examples of blatant advertising please see my website. :cheers:
:rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
30th-August-2006, 12:31 PM

Is there a reason you are so hung up (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252843#post252843)on people not promoting events? I'm getting Deja (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241211#post241211) Vu!:rolleyes:

WittyBird
30th-August-2006, 12:43 PM
Is there a reason you are so hung up (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252843#post252843)on people not promoting events? I'm getting Deja (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241211#post241211) Vu!:rolleyes:

:yeah: Well said Cruella :cheers:

Yogi_Bear
30th-August-2006, 01:12 PM
Is it too late to change the venue to somewhere in East Anglia? Then I might actually be able to go...:whistle:

Minnie M
30th-August-2006, 06:34 PM

Gosh Shaz must have hit a nerve with you lot :eek: how long did it take to find that one Cruella :whistle:

Cruella
30th-August-2006, 06:44 PM
Gosh Shaz must have hit a nerve with you lot :eek: how long did it take to find that one Cruella :whistle:

About a minute, i remembered her posting on the Fusion thread so went to her posts on her profile and voila found 2 posts. :D Easy peasy lemon squeasy.

Dave Hancock
31st-August-2006, 01:30 AM
Just back from my night out to the Anniversary party and what a great night it was.

It was so good to see so many people there and that so many had made the effort to travel. Major respect to Cat & Lee for developing the night.

Also congrats to everyone who entered the Jack&Jill especially Simon & Lisa who were best male/female.

Major congrats also to Spikey Blonde & Ed for placing.

Lovely hall and great music and just a great way to start the weekend.
:cheers: :cheers:

Sheepman
31st-August-2006, 02:02 AM
It was so good to see so many people there and that so many had made the effort to travel. Major respect to Cat & Lee for developing the night. :yeah:

The full results were:- (Though I don't know all surnames)

1st Simon Bowker, Lisa
2nd Mark, Kate (Katie on the forum)
3rd Geordie Ed, Spikey Blonde

A great night, with so many fab dancers there, :yum: :drool: cake too!!

Greg

Limpy Tink
31st-August-2006, 08:48 AM
Major respect to Cat & Lee for developing the night.

:cheers: :cheers:

I'll second that!! :clap: :clap: :worthy: :respect: well done guys

Fab night, great to see lots of West Coast talent all in one place too! :respect: :worthy: I had some lovely dances :drool: and was able to catch up with many friends in a really social, friendly & welcoming environment.

Also a big well done to our very own Ms Fab & Keith who both won the best improver over the last year. :clap: :clap:

All in all - I cant think of a better way to spend a birthday night! :yeah:

I would like to have seen Amir & Cat's showcase, but clearly you were beaten by the time :( - but we will wait patiently till we get a sneak preview :hug:

Dizzy
31st-August-2006, 10:25 AM
:yeah: :yeah: I third that

I had such a fab night last night, was really easy to find and had plenty of parking.

The dancers were all great and even though I have only been doing WCS for 3 months, I felt that I had improved in the dances that I got :clap:.

The competition was really good and well done to everyone that entered. :flower: It was lovely to see people like MsFab and Limpy Tink show how much they have improved :flower: :hug:

Thanks to all for a fab night :clap:

Paul F
31st-August-2006, 11:47 AM
:tears:

Why couldn't you have told me it was terrible :tears:

So upset I missed it.

Great to hear you all enjoyed it really :cheers:

Dizzy
31st-August-2006, 11:54 AM
:tears:

Why couldn't you have told me it was terrible :tears:

So upset I missed it.

Great to hear you all enjoyed it really :cheers:

*whispers*
ok, just for you Paul....

The venue sucked, the floor was sticky and the music was too clubby :whistle:

Dave Hancock
31st-August-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah music was bizarre, thought I was at a lindy evet it was soooo quick.

Why didn't you come Paul, there was folks from Bristol, the south coast, even Scotland, don't tell me you couldn't have lined up a flight for the night!!!

Alice
31st-August-2006, 12:12 PM
*whispers*
ok, just for you Paul....

The venue sucked, the floor was sticky and the music was too clubby :whistle:
Yeah and everybody was bouncing:whistle:
Terrible night. :devil:

not

Msfab
31st-August-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow What a Fab night if only it could have lasted longer! Soo good to see WCSers from all over the UK - Isnt it about time we had a WCS Day/Weekend?:D :flower:

Big Thanks to Cat & Lee!:respect: (Amir needs to sort out his assistant skills:rolleyes: ). Thank you to all for the dances!:hug: And of course to all the 'Jacks' I danced with:worthy:

Here is the winning line up!
:flower:

Msfab
31st-August-2006, 12:34 PM
Also a big well done to our very own Ms Fab & Keith who both won the best improver over the last year. :clap: :clap: :rofl:
Well done you for making the final line up!:clap:

Lory
31st-August-2006, 12:44 PM
I had a great evening too. :clap: (sorry Paul:flower: )

The lovely venue made it feel even more special and Lee even had his hair cut for the occasion.:really: :D

Those of you who know me, know I haven't really got the balls for all this competition lark, but, I actually quite enjoyed it :na: (did i just say that :confused: )

I think the fact that probably over 80% of the whole room were 'in it' and most of those were in it just for fun, relaxed me a little.;)

The fact the music got stuck, added a much needed element of humour, which softened the anxiety levels.:rofl: Not for Cat, Lee and the rest of the crew, I suspect :wink:

Anyway, I fumbled, cocked up, got my arm completely stuck to my body for about a minute, when a sequin got knotted up,:eek: I danced like a maniac and laughed out loud too :blush: but i did it and survived! Thanks to all my partners, Sheepy, Geordied, Kev F and Dave Hancock, I have to say it though, you were all rubbish! :devil: :whistle:

A big congratulations to everyone, especially Cat and Lee, for creating such a warm and friendly community.... I think we should take up SF's suggestion and call the club 'Snoots' for the simple ironic value!:cheers:

I was proud that our little club, drew the interest of people from all over the country. there was a nice turnout.:waycool:

And lastly, re most improved, well done MsFab and Keith :hug: but also to Kev F, who reached the finals, never having done any WCS before January of this year! :worthy: :hug:

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 12:44 PM
I had a fab night too.. thoroughly enjoyed every aspect.. Big THANK YOU to everyone there, the company was wonderful..:respect: :respect: :respect:

Congratulations to all the people who took part in the Jack and Jill, I loved watching everyone and thought you were all great.. :worthy: :worthy:

Massive thanks to Cat and Lee :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: wouldnt have missed it for the world.. roll on the next one....

In fact, thanks to everyone!!:kiss: :kiss:

:clap: :clap:

ps Missed you Paul.. come home soon!!:yeah:

Keith J
31st-August-2006, 01:23 PM
Good to see you there Dave, well done on making the final. :respect:

Impressed with the great judging :yeah: by Mrs Sally Penny, David & Lilly the way, lets say thankyou to those who gave up their evening for the 'European WCS Jack & Jill championship'. :cheers: :clap:
It was slickly managed, totally professional, well timed, in a good venue.
Huge :respect: to Cat & Lee for the event.
Better & better a few new faces seemed to be really interested.

Thanks very much to everyone for the congratulations on the 'award'. :cheers: It was very surprising to be recognised in such a way.
(you needed to be there), thanks Cat & Lee personally for all the encouragement.

Geordieed
31st-August-2006, 01:36 PM
Huge thank you to all my partners.:cheers:

Well done to Lisa and Simon and everyone who came through the door. The ultimate winner on the night was WCS itself. What a good call it was to book the larger venue. Even then the floor was packed all night.

Thank you to David and Lily for their judging. It has been just over two and a half years since the start of the first weekly class around London. Well done to everyone who continues to spread the word. Without the support and the growing popularity, last night would not have been possible.

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2006, 01:45 PM
Well done everyone! I was, as they say, gutted not to have been able to make it last night but I hope to come to Wednesday nights whenever I am in London...and support other WCS functions elsewhere. Let's hope the interest keeps growing. :cheers:

spikey blond
31st-August-2006, 02:25 PM
Wow, what a great night and a real tribute to all Cat and Lee's hardwork :cheers: :cheers: The atmosphere was really great :clap: :clap: - had some amazing dances. Thanks to all those I danced with and who made the evening very special:flower: Let's hope that our numbers continue to grow and that we need an even bigger hall next year!

Congratulations to all who competed (know what you mean about the nerves, Lory!):clap:

Dave Hancock
31st-August-2006, 02:29 PM
The ultimate winner on the night was WCS itself. What a good call it was to book the larger venue. Even then the floor was packed all night.

:yeah: :yeah:
Well said Ed, it was indeed a very good night for WCS in this country.

Dizzy
31st-August-2006, 02:32 PM
Well said Ed, it was indeed a very good night for WCS in this country.

Cat announced last night that the 'Jack & Jill' competition that took place was the biggest WCS 'Jack & Jill' that has taken place in Europe so far.

Let us hope that WCS will continue to grow :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emma
31st-August-2006, 02:33 PM
I just popped in here to see if anyone was snooty? :innocent:

Dizzy
31st-August-2006, 02:37 PM
I just popped in here to see if anyone was snooty? :innocent:

Me! Me! Me!!

Please pick me!!! :clap: :D

Simon
31st-August-2006, 06:05 PM
Massive thanks to Cat and Lee :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: wouldnt have missed it for the world.. roll on the next one....
Top event with a great atmosphere and well worth making the trek over from Bristol. Many thanks to Cat and Lee :worthy: and also to my lovely Jills for covering up my many mistakes! :whistle: :flower: The late night meant I've been in a bit of a stupor at work today, but with a big grin on my face. :grin:

jacksondonut
31st-August-2006, 06:09 PM
Top event with a great atmosphere and well worth making the trek over from Bristol. Many thanks to Cat and Lee :worthy: and also to my lovely Jills for covering up my many mistakes! :whistle: :flower: The late night meant I've been in a bit of a stupor at work today, but with a big grin on my face. :grin:

Yeah, Im on my knees today, but always worth the travelling time... :flower: ALWAYS!! Don't remember dancing with you...:sad: :sad: :sad: oh dear, must be tired.. :wink:

Kev F
31st-August-2006, 07:10 PM
A BIG thankyou to all those who have devoted their time to this wonderful event.

A BIGGER thankyou to those who have shared their time and expertise to promote WCS in the UK.

And a HUGE THANKS to Cat & Lee for their Wednesday classes at Twickers :worthy:

Last THANKS to everyone who made it happen....just by being there. :flower::clap: :cheers:

Limpy Tink
31st-August-2006, 11:01 PM
Me! Me! Me!!

Please pick me!!! :clap: :D

Please pick me too! :D I've been working on my "snoot" all day - and all we need now is a little "snooty smilie" to add to it. :wink:

.... also to my lovely Jills for covering up my many mistakes!

In my case, its def the other way around! :blush: thank you.

The late night meant I've been in a bit of a stupor at work today, but with a big grin on my face.

... And you do indeed have the right to wear your grin with pride! Well done. :hug:

So... with Cat & Lee's party sadly over for this year :tears: :tears: I for one could def do with another party like last night!!!:D ...Now that our forum snoot has been joined by the lovely Paul :worthy: may I formally ask - when can we expect another party night? .... or WCS freestyle or something or anything..?:whistle: (Limpy Tink bites her lip & resists the urge to whisper: "if you build it... they will come" in her best Kevin Costner voice - whilst running off to get her diary :wink: )

PS. So as not to cause confusion (in case you are jet lagged Paul :wink: )...I obviously meant the lovely Paul Warden and not you Paul F. Not that you are not equally lovely Paul, cos you are lovely too! (L.T stops digging now and decides that she must turn off her computer and go to bed - clearly she is suffering from west coast withdrawral )

PPS. You really did miss a fabulous evening Paul F (and you too Paul W!!) :wink: :hug:

Simon
1st-September-2006, 08:52 AM
may I formally ask - when can we expect another party night? .... or WCS freestyle or something or anything..?:whistle: A WCS teacher told me recently that he thought a UK WCS weekender was about 2-3 years away. :sad: Surely that's a bit pessimistic? :confused:

Simon
1st-September-2006, 11:11 AM
A WCS teacher told me recently that he thought a UK WCS weekender was about 2-3 years away. :sad: Surely that's a bit pessimistic? :confused:And, lo, I now find that he walks amongst us! :what: :wink: C'mon Paul, have you revised your prediction? :flower:

Paul F
1st-September-2006, 11:29 AM
Sounds like I really did miss a fab event :tears:

Congrats to all those who took part in the J+J comp. I was competing myself in spirit :rolleyes: I didn't even get placed though :(

Oh well. Only 7 days left until I can leave here :clap:

Amir
1st-September-2006, 11:34 AM
So... with Cat & Lee's party sadly over for this year :tears: :tears: I for one could def do with another party like last night!!!:D

Well it is Catriona's birthday in a couple of days (3rd of Sept)! She is in Switzerland with Lee teaching at a dance event this weekend, so the next available opportunity to celebrate is next Wednesday. We won't have the beautiful space we had last Wed, but perhaps with some good cake and company we can create some of the same atmosphere...!

jacksondonut
1st-September-2006, 12:05 PM
Well it is Catriona's birthday in a couple of days (3rd of Sept)! She is in Switzerland with Lee teaching at a dance event this weekend, so the next available opportunity to celebrate is next Wednesday. We won't have the beautiful space we had last Wed, but perhaps with some good cake and company we can create some of the same atmosphere...!

Count me in.. will look forward to the evening!!:yeah: :yeah:
Not worried about the space, just hoping to see the beautiful
people..:flower: :flower: :yeah:

tiger
2nd-September-2006, 10:02 AM
Sounds like it was a really good night. I couldnt make it.

Limpy Tink
2nd-September-2006, 11:05 AM

Sounds like a good plan to me! I'll bring a cake! :D