PDA

View Full Version : August Bank Hol weekend 25/6/7/8 Poll

tiger
24th-August-2006, 07:48 PM
another poll,bit late but here goes,
feel free to add other nights to it

Msfab
24th-August-2006, 08:01 PM
What about the 'Jango' T dance at the Putney club? Sheepman will be Djing this one!:clap: Plus I believe Jammy will be there too!:clap:

jammy
24th-August-2006, 08:09 PM
will be there!:D

tiger
24th-August-2006, 08:13 PM
oops maybe someone can edit the jango one or add the tea dance to the poll,thanks

FXS N.Q
24th-August-2006, 08:26 PM
I will only be one place for dancing this weekend down in the midlands so Birmingham on the Monday night. Missing the Edinburgh party this weekend. Shame as Foxylady is up. But I did manage to get a few dances with her at Jumpin Jaks on Tuesday.

ducasi
24th-August-2006, 11:46 PM
Edinburgh party on Saturday and Stirling Focus Workshop and Tiggerbabe's Smooth Grooves on Sunday. :waycool:

What better way to spend a weekend? :nice:

Dave Hancock
25th-August-2006, 12:20 PM
Why aren't there any Scottish options for dancing on this poll??

I know it's been taken over somewhat but it remains the Ceroc Scotland Forum.

Rant over, for what it's worth it seems that I'll be seeing a fair bit of Ducasi over the weekend, and now I've just read I'll also see Foxylady:clap: :clap:

Gus
25th-August-2006, 01:08 PM
Why aren't there any Scottish options for dancing on this poll??Urrrrmm why isnt there anything for outside the South East:rolleyes: Plenty going on around the country, just look at uk-jive to see the options. Myself, the Wine Festival in Stone beckons ... why waste a perfectly good weekend by dancing :wink:

Dave Hancock
25th-August-2006, 01:12 PM
Urrrrmm why isnt there anything for outside the South East:rolleyes: Plenty going on around the country, just look at uk-jive to see the options. Myself, the Wine Festival in Stone beckons ... why waste a perfectly good weekend by dancing :wink:

mmmmmmm, wine festival sounds good, have fun where was my invite???

Thanks to Lory for modifying the poll, you're a star:hug: :hug:

Emma
25th-August-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm just going wherever Dave's going. He might spread himself thin but he has the bestest hair :waycool:

Chicklet
25th-August-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm just going wherever Dave's going. He might spread himself thin but he has the bestest hair :waycool:

just a shame he doesn't keep any of it on his head but eh?

Dave Hancock
25th-August-2006, 03:48 PM
Calm down ladies, less abuse if you please

DavidB
25th-August-2006, 04:33 PM
You can tell its a bank holiday:

Donna
25th-August-2006, 04:41 PM

grrrrrrrrroooooooooooaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn:sick:

Little Monkey
25th-August-2006, 08:35 PM

Well, who cares what the weather is doing if you're dancing??

I, however, am probably not dancing (although hoping that I might get the chance to go to Marco's), and spending all of Saturday morning working. Outdoors....:(

Dazzler
25th-August-2006, 09:41 PM
Well you can count me in for Marcos and Stirling...another busy weekend for the traveling highlander :clap:

Tiggerbabe
25th-August-2006, 10:38 PM
Stirling for me too (funnily enough :wink: ) and I'll also be busking at the Hilltown Festival with a few other Dundonians :clap:

Rhythm King
26th-August-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm going to the Glenn Miller Festival at Twinwood Farm, near Bedford, on Monday. It finishes around 19:30, so should make it to Monday MeltJanDownGo later on.

Georgious dancer
26th-August-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, who cares what the weather is doing if you're dancing??

I think those of us that were busking for ceroc greenwich may be inclined to disagree with you there!

Ghost
26th-August-2006, 05:18 PM
I think those of us that were busking for ceroc greenwich may be inclined to disagree with you there!

Nah - I would have danced with you in the rain :flower: (would even have given you my coat to keep you dry)

fletch
26th-August-2006, 05:20 PM
Nah - I would have danced with you in the rain :flower: (would even have given you my coat to keep you dry)

ahhhhh, that's lovely :flower:

We could do with one just like you in the Midlands, there's lots of rain but not any prince's
:love:

WittyBird
27th-August-2006, 02:12 AM
Chiswick tonight...........

What a night, crowded & hot. I don't know what was wrong with Marc but his Dj'ing was almost abysmal, not one track worked for me. I'm beginning to think he's just overated.

NOT

Marc outdid himself tonight, I wish he would stop playing such good music then I wouldn't feel so bad sitting a few out :D

What a fantabulous evening, yes it was hot, yes it was a bit crowded for a while but the dances :awe: My night was started off with fantastic dances from PaulF infact not fantastic but awesome :drool:

I seem to have left the freak magnet at home and just every dance I had worked.

Missed Fletch and Miss Licious :whistle:
All in all a great evening, although I went with no expectations and the mind set of having a good night no matter what :D

Yes I will return (but only if Marc is DJ'ing) :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-August-2006, 02:23 AM
had a fantastic couple of nights :clap:

Ashtons last night was fantastic :clap: Didn't get too crowded music was good and soo many fabulous dancers to dance with :worthy:

It was lovely to meet and dance with Jammy :worthy:

Fab double trouble dance babes :clap: :D

Chiswick was also great tonight :clap: I was a little aprihensive about going as the last time I went I really didn't enjoy myself but I was pleasently surprised. Fantastic music by Marc :worthy: :worthy: It did get a bit crowded in the blues room for a while but the main room remained comfortable to dance in.
I will go back again :D

Staying at La Hotel De Witty tonight so the weekend is just getting better and better :D

robd
27th-August-2006, 02:37 AM
Chiswick

Yes, this was quite good.

Thanks to Diddybird for accomodating me.

WittyBird
27th-August-2006, 02:54 AM
Thanks to Diddybird for accomodating me.

Your very welcome :na:
How're the pensioners? :rofl:

robd
27th-August-2006, 02:56 AM
How're the pensioners? :rofl:

Loose Women

fletch
27th-August-2006, 04:10 AM
Yipppppeeeeee :clap: :clap:

We have a fabulous venue and its only 1 hour from my house....

Revolution at Knutsford............:worthy:

What a night haven't had soooo much fun since the last time at Ealing.:D

I have some fab phot's:flower:

Micks was there, better known to me a 'punk Mick' we had a late night jam session in the car with some all time 'punk' clasics, just a shame all the others in the car weren't in the zone.:waycool:

fletch
27th-August-2006, 04:21 AM
Keith

Conney & Kev

Mick the punk and michelle

fletch
27th-August-2006, 04:23 AM
Michelle and mick the punk

Disco Derrick or better known as SPEEDO

Tazmanian Devil
27th-August-2006, 04:38 AM
Great pic's babes.

Sounds like you had a good night!!!

Paul F
27th-August-2006, 07:12 PM
Right. Time to add a few comments on the nights so far.

I think I have commented elsewhere on Ashtons but Im gonna do it again because its so much fun :nice:

Ashtons

Really good night :clap:
I expected it to be really really packed, way too hot with crappy music. As it turned out it was just the right amount of people (for me, not for the people making money from it!). That meant it wasn't sauna'esq. Ian's set was brilliant. Such a great variety. Bob's set was, erm, not quite as good but for those who liked it a bit quicker Im sure it was great.

All in all a good night.

Chiswick

Again, a really good night.

*Paul goes for a lie down after 2 positive comments in a row :what: *

Firsty, the floor in the blues room was nowhere near as sticky as it has been the 2 times I have been before. I did notice a guy who was very quick with a mop to clear up any mishaps :respect: :respect:

The music in the blues room from DJ Substance :nice: was totally awesome. A fabulous set.

I also noticed the banner from Ceroc which, I think, said that all of their freestyles from now on will now have 2 rooms :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to give at least one or two downsides. After all, nobody's perfect :wink:

The heat!!!!! Everything was going so well and manageable and then....... THE HELPFUL GUY (see above) HAD TO CLOSE THE DOOR IN THE BLUES ROOM :eek: :eek: :tears:
From that moment on things just got hotter and hotter and hotter. You could physically see the effect on people since that door closed. I understand why they have to do it but its such a shame.

Also, it was crowded in the blues room. Im not going to knock Ceroc completely for this as they want to make money BUT it did get a little silly.

Lastly, I dont know what it is about the Chiswick venue but the mens toilet floor is ALWAYS soaked with, what Im choosing to believe is, water. Not good when walking in with dance shoes on :mad:

Putney T-Jive

!!! 3rd positive comment in a row coming up !!!

Cool afternoon. As usual, great music from sheepy and a good number of fabby dancers to play with :blush:
Dont really have too many downsides with this one. It just, well, works!

-----

Apologies for all the positive comments. An engineer has been called. Normal service will resume shortly.

:nice:

Roll on a week Friday. Last day in India. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
27th-August-2006, 07:37 PM
Ashtons
Really good night :clap:

Chiswick
Again, a really good night.

Putney T-Jive
Cool afternoon. These were the 3 events I would have been at had I come over this weekend. Ah well, next time.

Tazmanian Devil
28th-August-2006, 12:32 AM
What a fantastic weeked :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fri and sat already mentioned in previous post :D

Jango today was fantastic, So many great dancers to choose from and I think I managed to get just about every guy for a dance,Fantastic music from Sheepy :worthy: We will get that dance soon babes :D

Berkhampstead tonight also a fantastic evening :clap: Great music from our lovely DJ Marc :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ad loads more dancers for me to play with :D

Although I was very tired from the extremely late night at La Hotel De Witty I still really enjoyed the days events :clap: :clap: Roud two at Wittys is here I am going to be soo tired at the boat tomorrow!! :sick:

Keith
28th-August-2006, 09:33 AM
Yipppppeeeeee :clap: :clap:

We have a fabulous venue and its only 1 hour from my house....

Revolution at Knutsford............:worthy:

What a night haven't had soooo much fun since the last time at Ealing.:D

I have some fab phot's:flower:

Micks was there, better known to me a 'punk Mick' we had a late night jam session in the car with some all time 'punk' clasics, just a shame all the others in the car weren't in the zone.:waycool:

Thanks Fletch,
It was great to see you and all the other guys who'd travelled from afar.
Still sorry I missed my dance with you, but will grab you as soon as I see you next time, even if it's not a dance night! :whistle:
Look forward to seeing you soon & thanks for your kind comments.
Keith :kiss:

Andreas
28th-August-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, I only made it to Chiswick .. must be getting old. :blush:

Interesting night that was. I had pretty much only fabulous dances thanks to those lovely ladies that prevented me from going stale. :D

I liked the music, though, I can't quite put the finger on why. Very nice tracks pretty much all the night through. Yet, I never managed to completely connect with it. It was a bit strange but very enjoyable.

The floor was interesting indeed. DavidB warned me beforehand and I soon found out just how right he was. :worthy: :D It got a bit sticky towards the end but perhaps that helped stopping people from drifting to the bottom end of the slope all too fast.

The heat, well, yes, it was cosy. I changed my shirts several times, yet, a number of girls had to change their tops to prevent the impression of lactating after dancing with me. Sorry. :eek: :blush: :sick: :na:

Anyway, thanks heaps for all the great and HOT :whistle: dances. :drool:

Lee
29th-August-2006, 01:52 PM
What a fantastic weeked :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although I was very tired from the extremely late night at La Hotel De Witty I still really enjoyed the days events :clap: :clap: Roud two at Wittys is here I am going to be soo tired at the boat tomorrow!! :sick:

Yer i noticed you were tired, you kept asking me to go to bed with you :rofl:

Lee

robd
29th-August-2006, 02:22 PM
What a cool weekend.

Ashtons - I've posted elsewhere but suffice to say I found it much better than the previous week

Chiswick - Wow. Top, top music from Marc and some great dances with people I knew and didn't know. This venue got some hammer for its early events (which I didn't attend so can't comment) and Sat was v busy and v hot but such good fun that it deserves some positive press. And I had the best double trouble dance a man could hope to have :awe:

Jango Workshop & T-Jive - 2 hours sleep is not good preparation for a 6 hour workshop and T-Jive so I apologise to those who asked me to dance and didn't so much get a bad lead as a non-existent one. Hotel Witty is good for many things (and :cheers: to the hostess) but peaceful sleep ain't one of them. Some serious talent there for the T-Jive though.

Monday Meltdown - Lots of sleep later and ventured to Meltdown for only the second time. 2 hours freestyle over all too quickly - a nice class, good music from Greg and Tessa and I got what all the ladies wanted - a dance with Jammy :respect: - the boy's got presence.

Perhaps I should move to London then I could do this much more easily every week :rolleyes:

Rob

Tazmanian Devil
29th-August-2006, 02:28 PM
Yer i noticed you were tired, you kept asking me to go to bed with you :rofl:

Lee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That wasn't to sleep babes :wink:

Watches thread go upstairs :innocent:

but peaceful sleep ain't one of them.
:rofl: :rofl: What do you expect when you go to sleep at 6:15am :eek:

Perhaps I should move to London then I could do this much more easily every week :rolleyes:
:yeah: :clap:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 02:50 PM
What an end to a wonderful weekend in the Midlands, no i'm not joking, I think I was just lucky there were a number of events on. Not Ceroc.:rolleyes:

Last night I went to want2dance in Redditch, see photo below.

Breeny the venue manager, me, Steve Braces who runs the Bromsgrove 't' dance (on this Sunday) Nickie Who is about to embark on her own dance venture after some months of a difficult situation, 'GO GAL' and our very own OXO'S DJ

It was the first time I had been but it wont be the last I had a FAB time.:flower:

Only two criticisms the floor had small patches which were very slippery, these seemed to go after a while and the music was good but could have been a bit slower towards the end.

Overall good night.:cheers:

Up loaded wrong photo, it will be the next, this is me and pop's

fletch
29th-August-2006, 02:53 PM
As above post

fletch
29th-August-2006, 02:55 PM
Me and Paul 'the bouncing Brumie' we need to find him a name so he can log on he doesn't like the one Taz gave him,:D I don't know why :innocent:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 03:01 PM
Nickie and Pat

Just to prove there is life after Ceroc.:clap:

Two of the most Lovely ladies you could ever meet,:flower: I wish you both all the luck in the world for your new venture, Its just unfortunate I am in Camber on the 11th November for your first Ball, or I would be there to support you,:sad: lets hope Harry Potter can be there to protect you from 'he who's name must not be mentioned' :eek:

Girl Power :respect:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-August-2006, 03:08 PM
Me and Paul 'the bouncing Brumie' we need to find him a name so he can log on he doesn't like the one Taz gave him,:D I don't know why :innocent:

:blush: I thought it had a ring to it :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 03:15 PM
:blush: I thought it had a ring to it :rofl: :rofl:

Don't mention paul's ring he will get a complex :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-August-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't mention paul's ring he will get a complex :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think I gave him one of those already :blush:

OXO'S
29th-August-2006, 03:48 PM
Great fun last night me and fletch towards the end were having a right laugh doing a bit of the morcome a wise walk during the dances:rofl:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 03:50 PM
Great fun last night me and fletch towards the end were having a right laugh doing a bit of the morcome a wise walk during the dances:rofl:

I preferred 'walking like an Egyptian' :rofl:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 04:39 PM
Well anyone he bans is in good Company in my book

Glad you feel like that,:rolleyes: you do know we will probably be banned now.:na:

I just feel sorry for some of the people who have been banned in the past, when they aren't with there friends cos they can't get in,:tears: we will just get in our car's and go somewhere else, it make a difference to there social life, but it does keep the crowd quirt.:mad:

Gus
29th-August-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, you know, commenting on the music at some venues is an automatic ban,:eek: I did try to help a friend on Saturday and get his ban lifted, he had commented on the music at the Stoke Ball and got banned,:sad: but I had no success,:( it must be wonderful to have so much power.:whistle:Whats the loss? If 'He who Must not be Mentioned' tends to run events with cr*p music, why would people want to go? I'm still banned from Ceroc Nantwich but its not great loss as the music seems to be on a par with the Stoke Ball :rolleyes:

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey I'll be Ron, Fletch you can be Hermione and Gus can be the boy that survived!

Wheyhey!!!!

Right any venues near Alnwick Castle. :rofl:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 05:11 PM
Whats the loss? If 'He who Must not be Mentioned' tends to run events with cr*p music, why would people want to go? I'm still banned from Ceroc Nantwich but its not great loss as the music seems to be on a par with the Stoke Ball :rolleyes:

:yeah:

No loss, thats why Im speaking out, it is a loss to some, its local and there friends go, its there social life. :sad:

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:12 PM
Actually can I be Hermione?

fletch
29th-August-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey I'll be Ron.

:rofl:

And I thought you were Harry :D

fletch
29th-August-2006, 05:17 PM
Actually can I be Hermione?

And I heard that was only on Thursday evening .....:sick: ...allegedly :innocent:

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:29 PM
errmm. . . . . oh. . . . . er. . . . . ****! :blush:

But it's a nice dress init!

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:30 PM

Hey nice trews in the pic

can i have 'em

fletch
29th-August-2006, 05:30 PM
But it's a nice dress init!

I need it back for next weekend, and no stains please :D

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:34 PM
ahh ok do you still have Monica Lewinski's number I need a dry cleaners that asks no questions :whistle:

fletch
29th-August-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey nice trews in the pic

can i have 'em

Depends what you want to do wiv 'em :eek:

Trousers
29th-August-2006, 05:37 PM
Depends what you want to do wiv 'em :eek:

Well turn 'em up to start with :rofl: