PDA

View Full Version : I am Dancing in Wigan tonight. Any thoughts?

Jivingdan
24th-August-2006, 05:42 PM
I am in wigan for one night only. Has anybody tried it recently? what sort of numbersare tehy getting and is it a good night?

Donna
24th-August-2006, 05:56 PM
I am in wigan for one night only. Has anybody tried it recently? what sort of numbersare tehy getting and is it a good night?

I've met the lady who teaches there and she said it's a fab venue, plus it's quite a big class but the dancers are beginner/lower intermediate level. (it hasn't been going for that long I don't think)

Gus
24th-August-2006, 06:02 PM
I am in wigan for one night only. Has anybody tried it recently? what sort of numbersare tehy getting and is it a good night?Ahem. The teacher there is pretty good, used to come to our classes some time back. Its quite a nice venue aswell. HOWEVER, when I went last think there were about 4 ladies (max) who could hold a beat and the music was dire :( In all honesty its probably the worst nights dancing I've had ... but that could because I'd had some pretty good nights dancing elsewhere in the area. Would be interested in your views, could be I just went on an off night (think there were about 70+ that night). If you've got transport and don't mind driving a way I'd recommend the clubs at Mottram or Bromborough instead (see uk-jive.co.uk for directions).

Jivingdan
26th-August-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys. I thought i would report back in case anyone else ever found themselves that way. It was quite a friendly venue. One or two good ladies but in the main fairly low level dancing. I did have an enjoyable night though as I also managed to convert three of my colleagues to the wonderful world of dance.
Teacher was very good.
I would go back if I was in the area again.