PDA

View Full Version : Club Dancing

horsey_dude
26th-April-2003, 11:20 AM
No I am not referring to dancing with a club.... In NZ we often go to pubs/nightclubs for a dance (and to show off) but that doesn't not seem to happen here and I have been told it is because there are no good places to go where there is a decent sized dance floor. Is this the case everwhere in the U.K.?

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
26th-April-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi horsey,

A group of us used to do that. Problem is Cerocers in Glasgow/Edinburgh seem much older than your average clubber :eek: , so it might look a bit 'un-hip'. Dancefloors here are generally OK in clubs, especially if you went along early before it's too busy.

What is the average age of Cerocers in NZ out of interest?

Alfie
27th-April-2003, 12:43 AM
:D Hi All:D
We occasuionally frequent the Tower Ballroom in Edgebaston in Birmingham. Usually for birthdays or special occasions.
Me and the Boss Lady held a joint Stag and Hen do before
our wedding.
There are very few clubs with the dance floor space in the Midlands. There are a few social clubs with decent floors were we go to non ceroc type dance events as a bunch to show off and have a good time.:grin:

Gadget
27th-April-2003, 11:19 PM
There were a few of us that went to Amadeous for a while; huge dance floor, went in about 10ish, and had a good hour or two's dance before the muggles swamped the place. {but this was a year or two ago...}

bigdjiver
28th-April-2003, 12:01 AM
There is a night club in Bedford that has latched onto the Modern Jive scene and runs classes and dances.