PDA

View Full Version : Read Random Post Button

Stuart M
23rd-August-2006, 01:09 PM
The Photo Gallery has a facility which displays a random image on the front page, presumably to pique peoples' curiosity. Is there a facility to create a button which simply sends you to a random post? Might be fun and encourage browsing of the archive.

Or does such a thing already exist and I've missed it?

Lynn
23rd-August-2006, 01:13 PM
Might be fun and encourage browsing of the archive. Or you can click 'Who's online' and go see what some of the spiders are looking at - a fun way of digging up some old threads. I think that might now only be an option for Silver Members though.

LemonCake
23rd-August-2006, 01:17 PM
Spiders? What spiders? :confused:

* yoghurt pot and postcard at the ready for evicting arachnoid invaders! *

Beowulf
23rd-August-2006, 01:50 PM
Spiders? What spiders? :confused:

* yoghurt pot and postcard at the ready for evicting arachnoid invaders! *

:rofl: :rofl: oh sweetheart you make me laugh sometimes :clap: :respect:

web bots, dark agents of the matrix. erm I mean the internet, trawling posts for their search engines

under par
23rd-August-2006, 02:45 PM
Or you can click 'Who's online' and go see what some of the spiders are looking at - a fun way of digging up some old threads. I think that might now only be an option for Silver Members though.

this a favourite pasttime of mine when working night shift and all the fluffy forumites are tucked away under their feather duvets, pushing out zzzz s by the dozen.

There I am having read all the current posts and replied to half of them and there is no one on line to PM... I then follow the SPIDERS as they trawl through the posts in a magical random way..... "oooh whats that he's looking at?"
"Wow! I've never read that one before!!"

You get taken to a strange land of strange people!

Someone called "FRANCK" who is apparently the creator and deity of the forum who in the dim and distant past regularly entered the lowly "THREAD " and poured forth his wisdom with his parables called "POSTS" and hence forth the disciples now commonly called "FORUMITES" take the gospel of FRANCK out to the masses.
They meet secretely at a venue chosen by a "POLL (whats on this weekend?" and recruit "NEWBIES" so that now the deity FRANCK has over 2000 disciples.

Very dubious outfit !!! Beware the henchman of FRANCK known within the darkness as "MODERATORS" these purveyors of the "BIBLE OF CEROC" will keep forumites on their toes and scare people into submission with their magical power They can change "THREADS" "POSTS" and "POLLS" so that only thre TRUTH is told..... scarey!!

whitetiger1518
23rd-August-2006, 03:46 PM
Someone called "FRANCK" who is apparently the creator and deity of the forum who in the dim and distant past regularly entered the lowly "THREAD " and poured forth his wisdom with his parables called "POSTS" and hence forth the disciples now commonly called "FORUMITES" take the gospel of FRANCK out to the masses.

Ah you very blessed forumite - The one who calls himself Franck comes onto the main Forums Very Rarely nowadays it seems.... All we have are his written chronicles, and the fabled and too few appearances during daylight hours...

:clap:

Have some serious :respect: Franck for coping with us all.

Whitetiger

under par
23rd-August-2006, 05:01 PM
Ah you very blessed forumite - The one who calls himself Franck comes onto the main Forums Very Rarely nowadays it seems.... All we have are his written chronicles, and the fabled and too few appearances during daylight hours...

Whitetiger

"HAIL THE MESSIAH!" :worthy: "HE is the CHOSEN ONE":worthy:

Stuart M
23rd-August-2006, 05:10 PM
"HAIL THE MESSIAH!" :worthy: "HE is the CHOSEN ONE":worthy:
Yes, and since he is French, it is obvious that Toast is the sign of his true followers! As the chief acolyte and dispenser of the Holy Toast, I say, give me this day your daily bread and I will burn it for you! Follow the toast!

(Hey, I taxi at one of his classes - that should be good for some senior place in the religious heirarchy we're about to impose on ourselves here)